test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Another patch...Another NERF...this time Dyson Battlezone?

Comments

• Options
    mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If it's just the generators, then the issue might be undue weight being placed on doing the interacts.

Actually I was having the issue on the relays (the 'king of the hill' ones where you stand in the circle and mechs spawn at 1/3 and 2/3 captured). There isn't an interact there, unless somehow proximity to the circle is counting. Q forbid you step out to try and get flank on something, I guess.

I've noticed in the past that I have trouble getting credit for generators when they're fairly far along - prior to this patch, I mean - unless I actually killed something at the point, regardless of how long I assisted once it was in progress. Not merely shot it, even if I did the majority of the damage. But this was rare enough prior to this patch I just shrugged it off on the occasions it happens. So there's always been a little something wonky in the activity threshold.

It's not just the generators post-patch, unfortunately.
  • Options
    tripreedtripreed Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't post much on the forums but I have to say that I have kept 12 toons maxed on dil for quite a while now doing just dyson ground for a few hours a night. At first I thought these changes might be bad for me personally but I have to say that I think they are a step in the right direction. I have to admit that I have not read all the post before me so I may be restating what others have said but I must say that I feel that what they have done is good over all. Dinos are going down fast because everyone is trying to get credit instead of just tagging and running (which I did all the time because it was the best way to get dil) which means zones are finishing faster which allows us to go to the next zone and repeat.
    "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Have been testing to see what works best everything was going fine right up until I started a capture point and stayed until finish but because 2 other players showed up after I did I got only 5 dil 0 marks. Warped out of Dyson and then logged out of the game, I guess people logging out is what they want since they keep installing little things to TRIBBLE people off.

Note to DEVS: You will not force me to go to the ghost town you call Kobali prime I don't give a damn how much YOU like your design it sucks. Ive experienced more rewarding teamwork in single player games than in any part of STO since DR launched, now your pretty much penalized for wanting to play the game with friends.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That's exactly what it is. Too much weight on the interacts, not enough on the combat.

Considering that there are only 3 or 4 interacts if everything moves smoothly... Yeah, that might be a problem. It is not that uncommon that one person is focused on the interacts and the rest shoots up everything that comes in the way.

It may be they have a "one-size-fits-all" solution in the weighting, and... it doesn't fit all. :)

Unfortunately, in my experience those generators are the points where you need a team the most.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Have been testing to see what works best everything was going fine right up until I started a capture point and stayed until finish but because 2 other players showed up after I did I got only 5 dil 0 marks

same thing for me and 3 times. An other time, i was in the other side; i had full rewards, then that i had done almost nothing (2 shots on a voth medic)
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    same thing for me and 3 times. An other time, i was in the other side; i had full rewards, then that i had done almost nothing (2 shots on a voth medic)

I wish they would leave stuff alone because every time they try and "fix" something that isn't broken stuff like this happens.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    raeatraeat Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Amazing.

The devs enact another nerf and all you can seem to do is attack one another. I guess devs have learned the fine art of divide and conquer.

For my own part, if I don't start getting credit for the points I help take, I simply will not take that "take 2 points" mission anymore. The players driven by malice against other players will not receive even that much help from me. I will not have my game play dictated by malicious little nothings with such an exaggerated sense of entitlement, they actually think they have a right to tell others how to play.

Stop catering to the lowest common denominator, devs.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So the long and short of it, in real terms, is that this is another dilithium nerf.

When will Cryptic catch on that unrefined dilithium is NOT the same as cash. We aren't taking money directly out of the developer's pockets or the game's operating budget when we farm dilithium. We're using our time in the game and getting pixels as a reward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Dear devs,

Behavioural science has determined conclusively that positive reinforcement far surpasses aversive conditioning in effectiveness even in coerced, mandatory circumstances, much less when the participation is entirely optional.

When is someone there going to learn this basic, elementary fact about human behaviour. This is not hard.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    raeat wrote: »
    Dear devs,

Behavioural science has determined conclusively that positive reinforcement far surpasses aversive conditioning in effectiveness even in coerced, mandatory circumstances, much less when the participation is entirely optional.

When is someone there going to learn this basic, elementary fact about human behaviour. This is not hard.

Absolutely right. These attempts to manipulate players into using the Delta Quadrant instead of older content (or even recent stuff like the Voth BZ) are transparent and frankly the game risks becoming a laughing stock and Cryptic's work risks being seen as toxic. I don't just mean in the forums. The secret is out.

If you want me to play the new content you need to actually add some content. The end of mission rewards should feel like rewards, not like a grudging tiny tip handed to a waiter you don't like. It costs you no money at all to increase Skill Points. It costs no money at all to reduce skill point requirements.

You know what DOES cost you money? Losing players, especially players who then choose to vent their upset in places other than this forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Amazing.

The devs enact another nerf and all you can seem to do is attack one another. I guess devs have learned the fine art of divide and conquer.

For my own part, if I don't start getting credit for the points I help take, I simply will not take that "take 2 points" mission anymore. The players driven by malice against other players will not receive even that much help from me. I will not have my game play dictated by malicious little nothings with such an exaggerated sense of entitlement, they actually think they have a right to tell others how to play.

Stop catering to the lowest common denominator, devs.

What are you talking about? Are you even in the correct thread?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I am in a thread entitled, "Another patch...Another NERF...this time Dyson Battlezone?"

Which one are you in?
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So what now? Dyson battlezone is being nerfed?

There goes my sole source of dilithium which allows me to catch up to where I was, all thanks to DR.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    mm06360mm06360 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So what now? Dyson battlezone is being nerfed?

There goes my sole source of dilithium which allows me to catch up to where I was, all thanks to DR.

Its not nerfed, per se. But the way they set it up has you not gaining credit for capturing a point because they weight interacting with a colsole heavily. So you end up not getting any credit and thus affects the payout.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    mm06360 wrote: »
    Its not nerfed, per se. But the way they set it up has you not gaining credit for capturing a point because they weight interacting with a colsole heavily. So you end up not getting any credit and thus affects the payout.

So I'm now required to:

Artillery: hit at least 1 console
    Cap: no change
    Omega: hit at least 1 console
    Dino: ??

Is this right?
  • Options
    mm06360mm06360 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So I'm now required to:

Is this right?

Yeah, thats about it. I have no clue what to do at the relay point, because for some reason, I keep getting 5 dil, despite starting it. Omega and Artillery are easy to get credit at.

V-rex is still damage based. But I don't know how much damage.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    mm06360 wrote: »
    Yeah, thats about it. I have no clue what to do at the relay point, because for some reason, I keep getting 5 dil, despite starting it. Omega and Artillery are easy to get credit at.

V-rex is still damage based. But I don't know hoe much damage.

Prior to this, getting credited for one Dino area was as simple as firing one shot at the Dino then leaving. It would be a shame if there was a damage cutoff, where players who aren't fully geared won't be able to rack up enough damage to reach the cutoff.
  • Options
    ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So I'm now required to:

Is this right?

I suspect this console thing will change. In any event I tried it just doing part one of the 3 parts to activating a console and it worked

Dino's shoot things, heal boffs or other people and be there for more then 2 seconds it will give you the full reward for it. What you can't do is shoot the thing once run to the next one, shoot it once and run to the last one and shoot it once and expect to get full rewards.
  • Options
    katelrickatelric Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I know there have been several reports of what people are experiencing but here is what I have experienced tonight:

I was on a team with two of my fleet mates as we worked around the city to capture points. Two of us arrived at the generator point slightly before our third member since he was still picking up the command credits. He joined us not even a minute after it started. When the point was complete I and the other team mate who was there from the beginning received the full reward. The third guy in, not even a minute later, received 5 dil.

Then we happened upon someone who was soloing a point and we decided to stay and assist them. The point was 1/3 when we arrived and we helped it to complete. When it was finished all three of us received only 5 dil and no credit (I am certain of this because my "capture two points with teammates" mission did not complete.)

We went on and set up for the V-Rex since they were about to spawn. They did and we stayed and took out the V-Rex in the city. When it died we managed to make it to a second one. We received 720 dil and 25 marks per V-Rex (we were there when it died) and a bonus 2,520 dil, 5 implants, and 60 marks when all three were done. (Note that we had taken at least 5 points in the city)

When those were done we jumped to another instance. We were lucky enough to find one where the V-Rex were about to spawn. We again fought them and managed to take down two. We received the EXACT same rewards as when we captured points (720 dil and 25 marks per V-Rex (we were there when it died) and a bonus 2,520 dil, 5 implants, and 60 marks when all three were done.)

At one point we arrived at a V-Rex when it was half done. We finished killing it, took down medics ect and received 5 whole dil for it.

Either the amount of points you capture does not currently count for anything in terms of how much dil you get with in V-Rexs are killed or you must get all three to see the difference (which is near impossible).

There were also times where we ran into a point someone had abandoned and received nothing for it. I found my team intentionally avoiding players and having to wait until the entire team was running in, in order to begin the point so everyone can get the rewards. We also had times when the whole team was in a point and helping and only half of them received the credit for the point.

This change has, so far, discouraged me from randomly joining and helping people finish points and then carry on my way (without stealing their command credits) and discouraged me from working with anyone that isn't in my fleet and on the voice chat with me so we can have easy coordination and cooperation.

I also am of the belief that this has more than ever encouraged 'camping' at the V-Rex points since it does not currently appear that capping other points has any effect on the final reward.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Actually it is nerfed, per se. There was a delicate symbiotic balance between cappers and leechers before. Now it is gone. It turns out the leechers were better cappers than the petulant whiners gave them credit for. Now the zones creep to completion, and the dinos are not getting defeated nearly so reliably. Start watching for the whiner to stop getting their end rewards and then watch the flood gates open...

Oh, and fewer players because of the winter event does not mean fewer players per zone. That remains about the same. Just fewer zones now.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    So I'm now required to:

Is this right?

Not true for me. I never hit a console in the Artillery or the Omega point and I got full rewards for being there when my team mates began the points, and assisting in killing things/healing with my medical generator.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,878 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Actually it is nerfed, per se. There was a delicate symbiotic balance between cappers and leechers before. Now it is gone. It turns out the leechers were better cappers than the petulant whiners gave them credit for. Now the zones creep to completion, and the dinos are not getting defeated nearly so reliably. Start watching for the whiner to stop getting their end rewards and then watch the flood gates open....

Um...I haven't seen ANYTHING of the sort in my runs. Generally people seem to be MORE on top of the objectives, particularly the end bosses where now I'm not the only one who contributes towards the actual objective during the early-mid stages.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    viper1422viper1422 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Okay...so I'm extremely frustrated from my run on Dyson Ground. I know the "points" system has been changed, but here's how it affected me and my teammates.

At each Omega Point, only one person would receive credit for the point even though we had a full team of 5 present and participating at the start and all the way through the capturing of the point. At one of the points I started it, and only received 5 dil for my troubles.

At Capture Points, even if someone had stepped in just after it began, they received only 5 dil for completing the point with the team.

I understand the whole tag-and-run for the V-Rex portion is now not do-able, but it's nearly impossible to get to all 3 V-Rexes and get the full reward. I actually made it to a 3rd while running with my team tonight and fired a couple of volleys before it died and still only received 5 dil and no credit.

I'm by no means trying to leech. I'm by no means trying to circumvent the system. I just want to capture points and earn what's due to me. I want to be able to help others earn their due.

As it stands right now, all incentive to cooperate and help others is completely gone. Please revisit this "adjustment" or put it back the way it was until a fix can be created after the holidays.

Thank you!

-A Concerned, dedicated Lifer
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    katelric wrote: »
    When those were done we jumped to another instance. We were lucky enough to find one where the V-Rex were about to spawn. We again fought them and managed to take down two. We received the EXACT same rewards as when we captured points (720 dil and 25 marks per V-Rex (we were there when it died) and a bonus 2,520 dil, 5 implants, and 60 marks when all three were done.)

That's not new. You always had to get credit for capturing at least 5 points to get the full reward. Capturing 0-4 points has no effect on the end reward.

That's what makes the failure to get credit for fighting at points such a pain. If you're short of five, it's the same reward as if you'd afk'd waiting for the V-Rexes. Depending on how the zone plays out, you may not get second chances to run up your tally if the game cheats you out of the credit for a capture point or two.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    That's not new. You always had to get credit for capturing at least 5 points to get the full reward. Capturing 0-4 points has no effect on the end reward.

That's what makes the failure to get credit for fighting at points such a pain. If you're short of five, it's the same reward as if you'd afk'd waiting for the V-Rexes. Depending on how the zone plays out, you may not get second chances to run up your tally if the game cheats you out of the credit for a capture point or two.

We had a team that captured at least 5 points and we saw no difference in our rewards.

I completely agree though. In one run we should have had over 5 points but we kept missing out on credit.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    viper1422 wrote: »
    At each Omega Point, only one person would receive credit for the point even though we had a full team of 5 present and participating at the start and all the way through the capturing of the point. At one of the points I started it, and only received 5 dil for my troubles.

That's crazy that it doesn't credit the whole team when they're all physically present. I mean, what, does it think the rest of you hiked out to west nowhere to stand around watching one guy shoot?

To a degree I had to laugh about it when I was testing things after the patch, considering I've inflicted more of my share of bugs on production environments in my software career so far. "It's live, and [the customers] are screaming," my boss once told me. Good times.
  • Options
    rainlelerainlele Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Here are some of the things I have run into recently at Dyson Ground Battlezone.

When playing by myself I came to a Capture Point that no one was present at. It was under a third finished. I complete it by myself and no one came to help me finish it. I only got 5 Dil. and no credit for capturing the point in the Mission: Secure Voth Points. I was in the proper zone for single player credit.

When playing with a full team we were all able to get full credit at the Artillery points even if some of us just fought things and did not activate a console.
    The Omega Generators seemed to be random with one person getting credit even when everyone was there from the start of it. It may have been because their duty officers shot first. (Slightly Random Side: What are the duty officers shooting at at Omega Generators?)
    For Capture Points it seems you have to start exactly together or everyone will not get credit for the point.

Now when I am running by myself I avoid all places that have hints of anyone having been there. I see no point in spending my time capturing a point to get almost no credit for it. I feel bad when someone comes to join me in completing a point because I know they won't get credit for it. I can be a lone gamer, but I enjoy team gaming a lot. The recent changes to Dyson Ground make it not as fun when everyone does not get rewarded fairly.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's like anyone sees the word "reduction" or "adjustment" and no matter freakin what they flip out at a nerfing. You don't even know what it is exactly that's being adjusted, but you saw a bad word and don't like it? lol
    Come on guys, take it easy with the knee jerk reactions.

The problem is, I am REALLY stretching my brain to think of a time these words were used here to the players' benefit.

The answer is: never.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It seems to me that this update has (slightly) nerfed the battlezone. I still get tremendous rewards from playing it. I can get a week's worth of dilithium for one toon in 2 hours. However the REAL problem with the battlezone right now is the damn winter event. All of STO is playing the event and the battlezone has run dry of players.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    when players get only 5dil for capturing zones... what motivations do they have to actually playing the battlezone and capturing the zones now?

they could jump zones and simply kill the vrex to get a reward (eventhough its smaller than before).

the done changes have not improved anything... not for cappers not for leechers
This discussion has been closed.