test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Q's Winter Wonderland Event Returns!

Comments

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Must one actually win the race in order to get the tags for the epohhs?

Thanks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The risian corvette was available as a new project to start this year, as was the chell grett last winter event, i see no practical reason to lock anyone out of them, remember brand new players would rage quit if they found out they couldn't get what us long term players have gotten in past events ( dont TRIBBLE of the new guys just yet ).
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am just hoping the alt friendly change has stayed. Running everyday on 15 toons is a bit much :(

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dirlettia wrote: »
    I am just hoping the alt friendly change has stayed. Running everyday on 15 toons is a bit much :(
    I ran the last Anni event on 32 characters.

Yes, it is a teensy bit too much. :(
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    I ran the last Anni event on 32 characters.

Yes, it is a teensy bit too much. :(

Oh remember you're post about grinding for the ships ( that was a fun time * remembers gleefully that i have no life * ).
  • QQ Member Posts: 252
    edited December 2014
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    10ec says Trendy is behind the Q account

You loose. Pay up now foolish mortal.
    edited December 2014
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    Oh remember you're post about grinding for the ships ( that was a fun time * remembers gleefully that i have no life * ).
    Oh you have a life. It's just filled with STOness~ :D
    Q wrote: »
    You loose. Pay up now foolish mortal.
    I cringe every time a supernatural being asks for money.
    edited December 2014
    luddimus wrote: »
    Please can we kill the annoying chef? Assimilated snow chef perhaps? :D

"Q is the most wonderful being...."
    I knew the shotgun would come in handy - Giggles!

Our good Chef has gone back to work in his kitchen to prepare more confectionery delights. But never fear, he has left a familiar face to delight you all! You shall meet this savory character very soon, dear mortals!
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    q wrote: »
    our Good Chef Has Gone Back To Work In His Kitchen To Prepare More Confectionery Delights. But Never Fear, He Has Left A Familiar Face To Delight You All! You Shall Meet This Savory Character Very Soon, Dear Mortals!

Neelix?!?!?!
    I Hope...
    edited December 2014
    hawku001x wrote: »
    this is the greatest thread in all the forums

Q, can you make a mariachi band appear again? i need it for....... a thing

Aww you call on me again, and here I am to answer.

Behold, the power of Q

*blinks*

Enjoy my treats everyone!

Q
  • c1cer0c1cer0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Will the Borg Snowman give 150k Skill Points each (Headshot) ?

Can I milk Spec Points from an Winter Epoh?

Something like that...?!
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Must one actually win the race in order to get the tags for the epohhs?

Thanks!
    CM

You have to either literally grab the first or second flag to have enough tags for that day. If you get the third flag or finish flag you will have to run in it again because you wont receive enough tags for that day.

Now maybe they will change it this year so the reward is good for that days tags no matter what you place but I doubt it.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    primar13 wrote: »
    Neelix?!?!?!
    I Hope...

Well...
    But never fear, he has left a familiar face to delight you all! You shall meet this savory character very soon, dear mortals!

Based on that I think it's a sure bet to be our beloved, Neelix!?!?

Because Neelix is...

"All About his Savory, 'bout his Savory, No Hassle"

And ALWAYS eager to Help!

:D
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yep the ship this year is going to be a frosty the k'vort that fires ice weaponry.
  • lumpkin1lumpkin1 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Could we get a confirmation as to whether this will be like the Summer event? (If you already have ship, it will only be 1 additional race per toon). Hope it is.
    edited December 2014
    lumpkin1 wrote: »
    Could we get a confirmation as to whether this will be like the Summer event? (If you already have ship, it will only be 1 additional race per toon). Hope it is.

Ooh... Very good question! I'd like to know this too.
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I always get panic attacks for these events,.. although I enjoy them a lot .. I always think of the characters I haven't created yet that are not going to get the stuff I grind for this year and I have to wait a whole year until next, ...
  • bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Funny thing, with good timing (playing all days with the 20 hour cooldown, providing there are no delays or maintenance) you can only get 1960 pictures of Q, and ships cost 1000 each, I don't know if they did that just by pure chance of if they are just trolling, but it's not funny.

Edit: I'm not sure if I'm missing one extra replay, so It might be possible to get those 2000 pictures with extreme timing.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I haven't really played STO in a couple months, but I've always loved Q's Winter Wonderland. I look forward to coming back to play.

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited December 2014
    I always get panic attacks for these events,.. although I enjoy them a lot .. I always think of the characters I haven't created yet that are not going to get the stuff I grind for this year and I have to wait a whole year until next, ...
    Same here. That's why I create every character I can ahead of time.

45 characters and counting.
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Q is the most handsome boss I've ever known. And he smells like kittens and puppies playing in glitter.

Plus I hear he has a new staff member in the Winter Event?

Can you spot him?

https://twitter.com/PWECaptainSmirk/status/539561872463110144

~CaptainSmirk
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lumpkin1 wrote: »
    Ooh... Very good question! I'd like to know this too.

If you log in with your toons (assuming you have the Plesh Brek and the Chel Grett on them), you will get a notice that you have unlocked an account wide discount for your other toons, so it'll be like the summer event.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ...nevermind edit... enjoy lol...
    edited December 2014
    Q is the most handsome boss I've ever known. And he smells like kittens and puppies playing in glitter.

Plus I hear he has a new staff member in the Winter Event?

Can you spot him?

https://twitter.com/PWECaptainSmirk/status/539561872463110144

~CaptainSmirk

I knew It! Knew it I tell ya! :D
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    edited December 2014

~CaptainSmirk

Hopefully said kittens aren't using said glitter pile like a litterbox.:eek::D:P;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The next voice actor you need to hire is John de Lancie since Q is involved in so many events and we can have his Q instead of his son. He can voice himself in a remake of that mission you took down as well.
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Aww you call on me again, and here I am to answer.

Behold, the power of Q

*blinks*

Enjoy my treats everyone!

Q

So much less annoying than the space hippies calling everyone 'Herbert'

Seriously, made me lose a bit of respect for Charles Napier
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bioixi wrote: »
    Funny thing, with good timing (playing all days with the 20 hour cooldown, providing there are no delays or maintenance) you can only get 1960 pictures of Q, and ships cost 1000 each, I don't know if they did that just by pure chance of if they are just trolling, but it's not funny.

Edit: I'm not sure if I'm missing one extra replay, so It might be possible to get those 2000 pictures with extreme timing.

Run it on two (or three) different characters one to unlock this year's and the others for the previous ones if you don't already have it on any of your characters. If you did get one or both in the past just 40 for each ship for the characters who don't have it. If you are looking to get ready for next year run 1000 extra on a character (above what you need to claim any current or previous ships) and you are ready for next year. Each other character should also get 40 extra for next year the boom on day one you are all set. At least that's how it worked in the Sumner Event.

What I did for the Summer on eight characters was

All eight got the Corvette and Crusier and all are set for next year.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Exactly! If they don't offer that as a skin and the ship isn't the Sarr Thein, then I will not be bothering with the grind this year.

Sadly, it is the Sarr Theln. I just seriously hope the devs chose to keep the original design as an alternate skin. Had a unique, but still very Breen-made look about it :(

This new one just looks like a fat Chel Grett.
    @MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    wish cryptic made this map on andoria this would give andoria a reason to visit and it could be around all year like risa is ...
This discussion has been closed.