Install Arc
Options

Intrepid Class Interiors

Comments

• Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Sorry, no. Bridges and interiors are on the same map. They're essentially fused together. You can use the new Voyager interiors on many other ship classes, but you can't separate the bridge from the interior.

Thanks Taco. I figured as much since the Belfast was like that. Now the only question is, how would a sovereign look with an Intrepid bridge.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Probably should edit the mission 'Surface Tension' so tht it's the Voyager bridge being used and not the Wanderer bridge (or whatever version)
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the feedback/bug reports guys. I can't promise when, but I will look into them, and address what I can.
    e30ernest wrote: »
    I just realized that the plaque on the bridge always reads "Voyager". I'm not sure if that was intended or a bug. I think that plaque should read the ship's name.

Not really either. We don't have a way to put your ship's name on the plaque. I guess we could delete the plaque from player ship interiors? Not sure if that makes things worse or better? :/
    I really like the new interiors and have had fun exploring the ship of one of my favorite ST series. One question/suggestion though ... since the size of the ship was scaled down, it seems to be packed with NPCs just roaming back and forth and in and out of rooms. This causes the doors to constantly open and close. Would it be possible to reduce the number of NPCs and make the doors less sensitive so they don't open when someone just walks by?

I can bring up the NPC population, but the doors can't really be helped. This is not the fictional future of Star Trek, where doors seem to be able to read your mind. (Captain Picard walking down a corridor passes by 20 doors, but the one he actually WANTS to go into opens automatically)

Our doors just have a volume that detects if someone is nearby, and opens. We could shrink the volume, so that people walking by in the hallway wouldn't trigger it, but that would also mean that when you WANTED to go through the door, you'd have to get very close to it for it to open. Since people run all over the place, that means you'd be hitting your head on every door before it opened. We try to set the volumes large enough that even at a full run, the door will fully open before you reach the threshold.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can bring up the NPC population, but the doors can't really be helped. This is not the fictional future of Star Trek, where doors seem to be able to read your mind. (Captain Picard walking down a corridor passes by 20 doors, but the one he actually WANTS to go into opens automatically)
    Just do what they did in the show - give the guys opening the doors the script!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not really either. We don't have a way to put your ship's name on the plaque. I guess we could delete the plaque from player ship interiors? Not sure if that makes things worse or better? :/

Can't you make a "generic" plaque? One without the ship name... just wirte "Starfleet Command" or "Pathfinder project" or whatever there. Something generic.

Not very canon, I know, but better then "Voyager" or no plaque at all... at least for me.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    First off I'm really loving the new Intrepid interiors. Great work, Taco.

One question I do have is the boff seating on the bridge. Right now it puts an engineer in the XO seat, a science officer at the Conn and always seems to make at least one or two generics. Is there a way to fix that so that your XO - who is probably Tactical - is in the seat next to the Captain and there's a tac or goldshirt at the conn?
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited November 2014

If I may make a suggestion. Make the plaque illegible, but had an invisible interactable object that opens a dialog with details about the ship. Since the player's character/ship info are available as tags in a dialog box, it'd be much more doable.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    drreverend wrote: »
    One question I do have is the boff seating on the bridge. Right now it puts an engineer in the XO seat, a science officer at the Conn and always seems to make at least one or two generics. Is there a way to fix that so that your XO - who is probably Tactical - is in the seat next to the Captain and there's a tac or goldshirt at the conn?

This definitely isn't tacofangs' department, but I noticed this as well.

It's weird to see a scientist at the Operations console, etc.

I don't really know where the game pulls bridge crew from - I assume it's based on your boff seating in the ship, but it could also be the Department Heads set through the doff system. I dunno.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited November 2014

I meant to say something about the NPCs as well. There are just entirely too many with the smaller hallways now. I especially noticed on engineering deck with the cargo bay and engineering that the flow in out sometimes had a dozen npc pacing a line in those rooms. I think just making fewer of them would be beneficial. None of it is a big deal though so when and if you have time.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2014

...Captain Picard walking down a corridor passes by 20 doors, but the one he actually WANTS to go into opens automatically...

Our doors just have a volume that detects if someone is nearby, and opens. We could shrink the volume, so that people walking by in the hallway wouldn't trigger it, but that would also mean that when you WANTED to go through the door, you'd have to get very close to it for it to open.

Spock solved that problem years ago, by special request of Kirk. He used Kirk unique pheromone-levels to have the doors automatically open from a farther distance for when Kirk was in a hurry... to the females quarters...
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

I would suggest making a "blank" plaque or "blurring" the text with a soft filter.
    Theres also the MSD display that reads Voyager, but maybe that could be replaced with a random number sequence or a general "Intrepid Class" text?

Also I would like to raise an issue with the captains quarters.
    None of the chairs are interactive like in the rest of the ship, and it would also be nice to have an interactive bed or lounge chair there, since youve done something similar on Risa already.
  • Options
    leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Anyone notice how the MSD on the 2371 Voyager Bridge has got the Delta Flyer on it in shuttle bay 2? Predestination paradox? :D
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,530 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I would suggest making a "blank" plaque or "blurring" the text with a soft filter.
    Theres also the MSD display that reads Voyager, but maybe that could be replaced with a random number sequence or a general "Intrepid Class" text?

Also I would like to raise an issue with the captains quarters.
    None of the chairs are interactive like in the rest of the ship, and it would also be nice to have an interactive bed or lounge chair there, since youve done something similar on Risa already.

No, thank you! I like the original plaques on the interior bridges and would like them to stay.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    edited November 2014

A good alternative is to have something generic written. Maybe "Intrepid Class" or similar. If not, I'd rather keep the plaque then lose it. :D
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Taco, any chance you could change the 'beam in' location a little? It's nice being in the turbo lift but if you invite more than one person to your bridge they get stuck in the wall... Kind of sucks.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited November 2014

leave my plaque alone... I like it saying U.S.S. Voyager... a memento from when I was on Voyager, took it while Tuvok wasn't looking.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Taco, any chance you could change the 'beam in' location a little? It's nice being in the turbo lift but if you invite more than one person to your bridge they get stuck in the wall... Kind of sucks.

I think we should beam in IN the Transporter Room, I mean that is what it's their for right?
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    If I may make a suggestion. Make the plaque illegible, but had an invisible interactable object that opens a dialog with details about the ship. Since the player's character/ship info are available as tags in a dialog box, it'd be much more doable.

I like this, Similar to the Paper Map in Temporal?

captw wrote: »
    I think we should beam in IN the Transporter Room, I mean that is what it's their for right?

See this is one of those times when I wouldn't mind beaming into the Transporter room and walking to the bridge, since they are so close together.

but we would need a Transporter chief
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think it should say something generic... or be removed. Since it's not USS Voyager for us, players. :)
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    xceptionalzeroxceptionalzero Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    any idea when these interiors will be purchasable seperately from the packs?

I accidentally bought the single ship and therefore was locked out from buying a pack with them in.

I would love to have them but due to CS refusing to help I will have to wait and hope to get those interiors ...one day maybe.
  • Options
    rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Generic one would work well for the plaque. One like the one the TOS bridge has would be nice. that one says
    "Dedicated to the men and women who served on the USS Enterprise NCC-1701"

Something like that would be very nice.
  • Options
    bookworm976bookworm976 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can bring up the NPC population

That would be great! Not having so many roaming the ship would take care of the doors constantly opening and closing. Perhaps, instead of having so many walking the corridors, NPCs could be placed at various workstations throughout the ship. The corridors are bustling, but other than the bridge, the ship is almost deserted. No one is stationed in engineering (other than the engineer), astrometrics, the transporter room, etc. And, perhaps some NPCs could be seen sitting and eating in the mess hall.

Also, can the transporter room be made functional like on other interiors?
  • Options
    elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Albeit, I'm a lifer and rarely spend Zen, I was disappointed to learn that you MUST buy an entire packs and cannot get the interior seperate. The ships are sold seperately prior to this release, so it is a tad baffling why the interior is not. This disappointment is only toward the person(s)/department that makes these decisions. (Also this part post is just for myself and the player community as I don't believe the person(s) who make the decisions about what/how/how much things are sold for read any forums.)

On the hand, they look great and having two variants is a wonderful option. So should anyone on the developement/creative/art department/team read the posts. Thank you.
  • Options
    eliakoneliakon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I love this interior. Its awesome, I would LOVE to be able to use it. But I fly a lock box ship...and this can't be put on those sadly. :(
  • Options
    tripaaa2013tripaaa2013 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    why cant we use them on outher Intrepid like the fleet one?
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    why cant we use them on outher Intrepid like the fleet one?

Not being able to use it on the Fleet Intrepid is a bug that they're currently looking into.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    rob278909rob278909 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is the Limited Time Only Intrepid bundle going to come back?
  • Options
    enyinayaenyinaya Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Please I would like to purchase the Interiors, if possible seperately. I missed the interior bundle but already have all the other ships. Had to purchase the Pathfinder alone when I could not finde the bundle on my list.

Also, When is the Fleet Version of the Pathfinder or in general T6 fleet ships coming out?
    This are empty!
  • Options
    one2beamupone2beamup Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Great interiors. I hope to see more of these interiors that are true in scale and detail to the ST canon.

A small item to add to the list though: I can't display any trophies in the captains ready room, despite I'm given the option to do so (when my toon stands next to the small table by the seating area).
  • Options
    meiyo24meiyo24 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I missed out on the whole thing unfortunately, some of my fleet mates and friends can see them on their c-store but i unfortunately can't see them at all. Makes me wonder if it's because I'm probably bugged or they made the packs for subscribers only, just don't quote me on that. I didn't bother to write a ticket because tickets never get answered anymore, at least from what I'm hearing. However I would love to have the Intrepid interiors