What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

According to Taco, It's now the time to talk about the next Summer Event

Comments

• Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well release a bit of content, have the majority of devs concentrate on bug fixing. Do what branflakes used to do, organize a team and tackle content, stfs, pvp.

Have the community people you know, be active instead of PWE PR mouth pieces.

I guess Branflakes knew when to leave.
    Branflakes had to leave, actually. Family business.

I don't understand why you think that abandoning, or even shrinking the growth of the game wouldn't have major consequences. "A little bit of content" might not be enough support the game.

When the devs see the need to fix bugs, they do so, they've done so, and they'll probably continue to do so. But most bugs aren't worth risking the life of the game over.

Also, it's not about being a "PWE PR mouth piece", it's about stating facts and trying to let people see what reality demonstrates. So what if it coincidentally coincides with the ambitions of a gaming company?
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    I don't understand why you think that abandoning, or even shrinking the growth of the game wouldn't have major consequences. "A little bit of content" might not be enough support the game.

Judging by the folks I haven't seen around lately (and the ones that straight up told me they were bored with the game after DR and quit), adding a "metric ton" of content didn't really help support the game. Maybe addressing some of the bugs and game structure issues could help, who knows? It might be worth a shot...

As far as the main thread... I like the suggestion for a "Submarine" Science Vessel (maybe with a cloak of some sort so it can run silent, run deep), especially with the typical Risian customization options. Sure, it might just mean that we all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine... but I can live with that. A proper upgrade of the Summer Event line to full T6 capabilities would be rather nice, especially if this applied not only to the new ship but also the previous Summer Event ships. Actually, I really hope that treatment is slated for the Winter Event already. Otherwise, a custom bridge (especially for the Luxury Cruiser) would be nice... and the previous ideas for diving or water fights sounds like fun. Most of the ideas already mentioned sound like fun. :)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yeah, well, lack of stuff to do results in massive boredom.... Thus there must be new content.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    lmao if we dont grind for weeks then it gets called a exploit :P PWE name of the game is grind till you die bahahhahahhaha

Couldnt resist but to comment

Daan didnt you once tell me that STO felt like a 9-5 7 day a week 365 day a year job?

well now it really is it really truely is its not a game anymore its a job.
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    To everyone asking, in their *cough* charming naivete, for less grind:

I'm guessing you've never played any other MMOs. Because they are all full of grind. That's what they are.
  • Options
    theirresponsibletheirresponsible Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have 2 requests for the reputation/events.

First for the Reputation Tabs to have a visible 20hr countdown timer. So for the events it would be for the Q photos, Multidimentional transporter, Risa Pearls. For the reputation to let you know when the bonus box is available. I am currently using 20hr delta rep or the 20hr crafting project to try and keep track. However by the time summer rolls around both of those option may not be available on my main crafter.

Second would be a what is going on optional pop-up window that you could hit to see what events are currently active and when the next event will start, preferable with count down timers. This may help reduce the amount of chat spam asking, when is the next hormigunt hunt or when is the next race.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    svindal777 wrote: »
    -Bring epohh girl over. :D
    Isn't she already on Risa? I thought she was the female dance instructor.

Play both events back in your mind: Can't you hear "Q loves all the little creatures, even you!" and "Do the running man!"?

Same. I believe they are even both Romulan, since it would have made sense for the dance instructor to be Risian, but isn't, I think she was intentionally put there, and isn't just the same Cryptic employee who happened to voice both.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    we need a science vessel a la SeaQuest style.
  • Options
    waffadeuce1waffadeuce1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, some of the ideas posted are really quite good, but perhaps something more in the spirit of DR would work as well...say for instance -

You beam down to Risa, are blindfolded, and made to kneel in the sand. (you can wear your skimpy swim wear if you did that grind too).

Then you have a nice summer sausage (Bratwurst anyone?) crammed into your mouth, and you have to guess which dev it reminds you of the most... no lizard jokes here please.

If you guess correctly you are awarded one summer event token. Once you have 1000 of these, you get a special accolade 'PWE biznatch' to be proudly displayed in game.

Ohh, and if you accidentally bite the summer event sausage, that's an autoban.... *grinz*

Kill Feddie.

Waff
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Well, some of the ideas posted are really quite good, but perhaps something more in the spirit of DR would work as well...say for instance -

You beam down to Risa, are blindfolded, and made to kneel in the sand. (you can wear your skimpy swim wear if you did that grind too).

Then you have a nice summer sausage (Bratwurst anyone?) crammed into your mouth, and you have to guess which dev it reminds you of the most... no lizard jokes here please.

If you guess correctly you are awarded one summer event token. Once you have 1000 of these, you get a special accolade 'PWE biznatch' to be proudly displayed in game.

Ohh, and if you accidentally bite the summer event sausage, that's an autoban.... *grinz*

Kill Feddie.

Waff
    I don't know about anyone else, but if I truly felt that was how I was being treated, I'd quit.

All I can conclude is that you either aren't smart enough to realize you can quit, you enjoy the treatment you describe or you are a troll.

Edit: I realize this is my 2nd post in this thread and I still have not answered the question. So, going back to my first post about the epohh girl/dance instructor:
    bergins wrote: »

Play both events back in your mind: Can't you hear "Q loves all the little creatures, even you!" and "Do the running man!"?

Same. I believe they are even both Romulan, since it would have made sense for the dance instructor to be Risian, but isn't, I think she was intentionally put there, and isn't just the same Cryptic employee who happened to voice both.
    If I'm right, all I want is some backstory in-game as to why she's there.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Edit: I realize this is my 2nd post in this thread and I still have not answered the question. So, going back to my first post about the epohh girl/dance instructor:If I'm right, all I want is some backstory in-game as to why she's there.
    So you want to be able to invite her for a drink and talk with her. Allright, that sounds like a cool feature.

A "Flirt with Risan beach-goer" mini-mission. Fade-To-Black optional.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't know about anyone else, but if I truly felt that was how I was being treated, I'd quit.

Could be easy for some and hard for others. Some have played STO for years and/or under high time/money investments. There are also social relationships as in fleets to be considered in this game.

DR has changed quiet a lot for the people to run this game, a lot in direct contradiction towards recreational aspects a game should provide, making the whole Risa topic something questionable.

A customer who is unhappy and expresses himself is more helpful than by just leaving quietly. I had fun reading it, something you less and less find in the game it describes.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've got a few items that would make good constructive feedback I guess:

Custom bridges for the Risian ships would be awesome. That cruiser was just begging for one.

Perhaps more reason to use the paths at the resort. The environment was so beautiful, but there was no reason to walk through it all.

Hourly events running multiple times an hour - so players can choose what they want to do, instead of "this is hunt time, this is race time, this is sandcastle time".

Perhaps 1 or 2 things that will get left behind. Short little dailies that give a small amount of XP and/or dilithium after the event ends. Risa is still there - it wouldn't hurt to have a reason to visit off-season for those who want to.

I dunno if they want to go with the whole luxury ship approach then a custom interior with a swimming pool and allowed to wear the swimsuits. There.

Best way to get some use out of it would be to add the effects to Drozana as part of the Ferengi's attempts to lure party people to spend there. (IE a swimming deck)
    Might even put an adventure/Episode out about a mandatory rest on such a luxury ship when. . something. . . happens.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    waffadeuce1waffadeuce1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

All I can conclude is that you either aren't smart enough to realize you can quit, you enjoy the treatment you describe or you are a troll.

Fourth option-

Someone that was 'smart' enough to quit because they did not enjoy the 'summer sausage' treatment that PWE/Cryptic has been continuallly handing out of late to the community. Someone who currently sees the only hope for this IP being a new developer.

Someone (call it trolling if you like) who voiced their displeasure in this thread. Someone who sees your Pavlovian interest in a hypothetical event thread several months down the road as the proverbial fiddling while Rome burns.

Troll? Meet fanboi....

Cheers,

Waff
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Fourth option-

Someone that was 'smart' enough to quit because they did not enjoy the 'summer sausage' treatment that PWE/Cryptic has been continuallly handing out of late to the community. Someone who currently sees the only hope for this IP being a new developer.

Someone (call it trolling if you like) who voiced their displeasure in this thread. Someone who sees your Pavlovian interest in a hypothetical event thread several months down the road as the proverbial fiddling while Rome burns.

Troll? Meet fanboi....

Cheers,

Waff
    Well, while we are using fire analogies: Rome isn't burning, you are running into the crowded ampetheater shouting "FIRE!" and inciting panic.
  • Options
    trillscientisttrillscientist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How about a (somewhat) realistic wish for the next summer event?

Run multiple events at the same time, around the clock, so we can choose our favourite way to grind favors.

Other ideas:

A timed (non-PVP) version of the surfing race for grinding favors.
    A repeatable version of the floater event for grinding favors.
    A hide-and-seek event with Pavel for favors. The faster you find him the more you get.

Tricks/Jumps for the surfboard - maybe as a separate competitive event (highscore list, anything above a certain score gets favors, top 3 per day get extra, account does not qualify for a top 3 spot for a few days after being in the top 3).
    If not as an event then just having some cool moves for surfing would still be awesome.

Risian bridge and an extended arborethum for the cruiser would be cool. Put out a call to foundry authors, give out a prize, and have the community create the arborethum/pool area for you.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Well, the people in the pavilion in QWW seem to be nothing more than figments of Q's imagination. Maybe epohh girl was inspired by the dance instructor?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'll be disappointed if a few ziplines don't appear on the island. They don't need to be attached to any formal activity. Just there.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Some swimming & diving would be nice. And/Or taking a tour (with several optional missions) inside a several decks sized docked risian cruiserliner which then also will be available to the players who owns one :D
    velqua wrote: »
    For the Summer Event, I think we should go with a "Weekend at Bernie's" theme with a Kobali twist. There's nothing like a "Deadman's Party" with swimsuit chics and hot bod boys on surfboards dragging a dead corpse for the Kobali to "rebirth".

AWESOME! :D
  • Options
    cbob312cbob312 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How about instead of new ships we get ship variants, everyone's T6 ships look the same and that's boring. Add some variety to the designs of the T6 and 5 ships.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, while we are using fire analogies: Rome isn't burning, you are running into the crowded ampetheater shouting "FIRE!" and inciting panic.

Burn baby burn :D
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    lordarathronlordarathron Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What if on the party bridge you could have versions of the summer event activities that you could complete for latinum latinum or ec? It would give a reason to use the bridge more.
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My wish is that they would focus on the real problems of this game and not some annoying summer event.

BUT BUT BUT THE GRINDERS!!! This game would die if they didn't focus on the hardcore grinders! How DARE you say mean things about this game!!
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    culatoriculatori Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I Nth the calls for a custom bridge/interior for the Risian vessels.
    Especially the Risian cruiser - the damn thing has an arboretum on board with a pool, why can't we just take the turbolift down to the leisure deck and chill out in our swimsuits around the pool? I'd be a great place to hold Fleet Meetings :)
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Submarine is great idea. but instead of calling it submarine we could say its research vessel constructed for lower levels od ges giands. like it was that episode of TNG when enterprise couldnt reach ship with geordi's mother becouse pressure was too high. so sylindrical shaped ship constructed for researching lower levels of gas giants.

probably t5 or t5-u
    primary + secondary deflectors. it would aslo be interesting to have 4 fore and 2 aft weapons. and as pure science ship LTC and Com sci abilites with 5 sci consoles.
    http://shrani.si/f/2L/Ks/4HwNeDfn/podmornica1.png
    http://shrani.si/f/1p/P/390KSWpJ/podmornica2.png
    http://shrani.si/f/1H/bW/4dJ0NPa7/podmornica3.png
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Zip lines! Zip linesZip linesZip linesZip lines!

And rappelling down the rock face of the mountain/volcano.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A tour of the event ships would've been a great little mission and a good way to show off the interiors that would come with the ships. Though considering the fact that new ship interiors will be directly related to their in story utility I'm not hopeful for that.

In addition to my request for Sarongs, I would also like mix and match between the swimsuits and the beachcomber outfits. So a female could have a swimsuit with the beach comber shorts (bikini top and shorts or one piece and shorts) or the top (the top with a bikini bottom etc.)
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Burn baby burn :D

Here we go
  • Options
    crabbycabbycrabbycabby Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Submarine? A Submarine? A Yellow Submarine???
    Proudly F2P
  • Options
    mm06360mm06360 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sandtower Defense?

That would be so cool!, defending against waves of Crabs and other aquatic life, all culminating in something like Godzilla coming out to smash the sand castle.