test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

According to Taco, It's now the time to talk about the next Summer Event

Comments

• ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    We got a cruise liner, and a Speed boat, so next would be a Deep Sea research vessel, or a Banana boat.
    For some strange reason, i just imagined Gul Dukat riding on a Risa Banana boat ... :confused:

He looked so happy again! :D
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Maybe the winter event will be "Collect 1000 Qommondations and be able to play a bug-free game!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    Maybe the winter event will be "Collect 1000 Qommondations and be able to play a bug-free game!

And Q will give 100 Qmendations first time, then 10 the second, then 1 the third, then half of one... unless you buy the Qmendation Boost from the C-Store for 5000 zen :P
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    First off, new underwater section. It would be accessible only with a new collectible equipment item in the same vein as floaters and powerboards, only instead of a rental version, there'd be a dirt cheap EC purchasable permanent version. The cave would have an hourly mission like horghahn hunt, only you're tagging wildlife in the reefs. The gimmick is, the wildlife moves around, and you have to content with currents. Higher quality technobabble-scuba gear increasingly negates ocean current effects as well as offers improve maneuverability.

Secondly, expanded beachwear. Speedos for men added to the swimsuit category. New partially unbuttoned loud-as-hell hawaiian with or without undershirt for men and women - it won't be any more revealing than the Khan outfit so I don't see why this wouldn't fly. Matching shorts would be included, obviously. Optionally, an additional item for women could be a hawaiian shirt tied in the front for maximum midriff.

Thirdly, I agree with the suggestion of a submersible-themed science ship for next year's summer ship. Give it a tac bite if you want - it'd actually be pretty neat thematically if the sci sub was intentionally designed to favor being a torpedo boat.

Finally, wet t-shirt conte-- erm... I mean uh. Watergun/balloon fights. Snowballs on Risa, basically - fill balloons at stations for freebie water weapons, but water guns for favors for improved firepower. Maybe make a minigame where you fight monkeys with the waterguns? Ooh... a queued event on the Liner where monkeys have gotten loose and you have to spray them into submission!
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Here are some things I think would be fun to add to Risa:

1) Scuba Diving. I know they said this is something they thought of doing previously.
    2) Zip line. It would be such a blast to ride a zip line between the peaks of the island.
    3) Repelling. Make the zip line device from the DR mission a reward that can be used on Risa.

I also agree that the ship should be a science ship. Maybe even add a Risian Shuttle too.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    Whatever it is, please please please please please please no more grinding for stuff.

you know that will never happen. still i already put my point out in the thread where taco made that comment about the summer event.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For the Summer Event, I think we should go with a "Weekend at Bernie's" theme with a Kobali twist. There's nothing like a "Deadman's Party" with swimsuit chics and hot bod boys on surfboards dragging a dead corpse for the Kobali to "rebirth".
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Mebbe zombies in swim suits? :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Coral reefs with personal submersibles, underwater caves, hovercraft raceing, water gun fights or shooting "sandmen" (like snowmen, but more summer oriented)

Giant crazy pink haired dance instructor that can soak you and makes you dance uncontrollably when you get soaked.

Sandball fights (sand tends to clump together when wet)

Mugato rampage: mugato packs come down from a cave and you must push them back with water guns.

Just a few off the top of mah head
    The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Coral reefs with personal submersibles, underwater caves, hovercraft raceing, water gun fights or shooting "sandmen" (like snowmen, but more summer oriented)

Giant crazy pink haired dance instructor that can soak you and makes you dance uncontrollably when you get soaked.

Sandball fights (sand tends to clump together when wet)

Mugato rampage: mugato packs come down from a cave and you must push them back with water guns.

Just a few off the top of mah head

You want to hit me in the face with sand.

HOW ABOUT NOOOOOOOO
  • lordarathronlordarathron Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I feel like we should have to use the new R & D system to get stuff now… /sarcasm
    edited October 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    Water guns. And PvP. With waterguns.
    And a witch-hunt ;)
  • omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Don't care, will not participate. STO has become a Mega-Grindfest.
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would like sarongs and those cover up dresses for the ladies.

Put the flags for the races in the same place at least, having it move when someone grabs one is garbage.

A revert to year one style rewards for favors would be nice.

Doff leave missions would be nice. Bring down a bridge officer (and thus allow BOFFS to wear swimsuits) that would be nice.

B]SINCE WHEN DO WE NEED TO WAIT 5 MINUTES BETWEEN POSTS????[/B
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Less grind.
    edited October 2014
    Some form of "combat" such as water balloons would be cool.
    Also, would agree with others that some persistent content for after the event is over would be sweet, maybe with Dilithium or even GPL as a reward. I'd like a reason to actually come back to the cool map every once in a while when the event is over. Something utilizing the floaters would be cool for that, as they are my favorite. Maybe keep the horga'hn hunt?
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Graboids.

/tooshort :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Some form of "combat" such as water balloons would be cool.
    Also, would agree with others that some persistent content for after the event is over would be sweet, maybe with Dilithium or even GPL as a reward. I'd like a reason to actually come back to the cool map every once in a while when the event is over. Something utilizing the floaters would be cool for that, as they are my favorite. Maybe keep the horga'hn hunt?

Water Balloons would be great, but restrict it to a single beach. I don't need to get pelted in the head with a water balloon by some worthless griefer when I'm trying to get my last Horghan statue in the hunt on a tight timer and he knocks me out of the pick up.

And you know they'll make water balloon guns. I'd rather have water balloons as grenades and water guns for weapons....which would be very easy to do in a game with lots of beams anyway. It would just trigger the wet animation and do no damage. Maybe the Proc would be instead of a knock down, you slip up instead.
    Shoot, someone beat me to it. Risa is practically begging to have Hawaiian pattern shirts. Was so disappointed they weren't in the last event. :p I also dig the idea of a Risian Runabout

If honest feedback and suggestions are being asked for here are my thoughts:

- Risa themed Bridge and Interiors for the Corvette and Cruiser (and runabout if it happens.) A bridge, galley, personal quarters, ready room, places to put trophies, as well as perhaps an pool area for the cruisers would be nice. Not to kvetch but it really was kind of a let down to get the ships and see the usual drab Klink interior. :(

- More swimsuit options for males toons. I see a number of NPCs using longer shorts, sandals, hats, etc. Be nice if those were available to the players. Oh, and perhaps some more skin options for when you are wearing a swim suit. Only one I found on my alien toon was Reman and that was only for the legs and didn't look right. >.>;

- I like the idea of a scuba diving/underwater area as well.

- For content, maybe add a couple of missions, something akin to Captain's Holiday or perhaps a Clue like murder mystery on one of the cruise liners where you have to talk to various passengers and sort out who, with what, and where the murder took place. An archaeological dig is another option.

- Oh, and of course, the ability to wear swimsuits while on ship interiors.

Think that's all I can come up with for now. Hope this helps. :)

Yes, guys need swim trunks. I'm not comfortable in the speedo thing. And can we please get some mix and match. For instance the Indian Jones shorts with the bikini top? Can we get some layering of the clothing going on?

And more swimsuits overall definitely...but less price.

ALL swimsuits however need color patterns though.

I'd also like a hotel room. A place to put trophies, or just go out on the balcony and enjoy the sunset. Think about Archer's room in Two Days Two Nights.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Devs. You know how we can get Breen set equipment and weapons in missions?

Give us some for Risian ships. Something to go along with the theme. "Tropical Subwarp Engines", "Paradise Phaser" weapons, etc.

As mission rewards would be nice, and would go well with my last suggestion.
  • geckoisalizardgeckoisalizard Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How about we cancel ALL events, and have the devs work on, you know, fixing the game? Its still a bug riddled mess, more so since DR.

It would be awesome if they concentrated on bug fixing. Maybe balance pvp too...
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I want to see either mini-subs, or scuba gear for next summer. Anyone else think so?
    edited November 2014
    captz1pp wrote: »
    I want to see either mini-subs, or scuba gear for next summer. Anyone else think so?

Bug fixing before any more bug riddled events/items.
    edited November 2014
    How about we cancel ALL events, and have the devs work on, you know, fixing the game? Its still a bug riddled mess, more so since DR.

It would be awesome if they concentrated on bug fixing. Maybe balance pvp too...
    I second this motion.
    Bug fixing before any more bug riddled events/items.
    Because most games that have done that died very, very quickly. Even though you may not think so, a constant stream of new content not only keeps the game alive, but funds more bug fixes and content. Without that, we'll barely get new players, we lose old players, and the game can't recover because they won't be able to afford it.

Sorry, but that's the last thing the game needs.
    captz1pp wrote: »
    That's a very good idea, captz1pp. I personally support it.
    edited November 2014
    Well release a bit of content, have the majority of devs concentrate on bug fixing. Do what branflakes used to do, organize a team and tackle content, stfs, pvp.

Have the community people you know, be active instead of PWE PR mouth pieces.

I guess Branflakes knew when to leave.
    edited November 2014
    Well release a bit of content, have the majority of devs concentrate on bug fixing. Do what branflakes used to do, organize a team and tackle content, stfs, pvp.

Have the community people you know, be active instead of PWE PR mouth pieces.

I guess Branflakes knew when to leave.
    Branflakes had to leave, actually. Family business.

I don't understand why you think that abandoning, or even shrinking the growth of the game wouldn't have major consequences. "A little bit of content" might not be enough support the game.

When the devs see the need to fix bugs, they do so, they've done so, and they'll probably continue to do so. But most bugs aren't worth risking the life of the game over.

Also, it's not about being a "PWE PR mouth piece", it's about stating facts and trying to let people see what reality demonstrates. So what if it coincidentally coincides with the ambitions of a gaming company?
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    I don't understand why you think that abandoning, or even shrinking the growth of the game wouldn't have major consequences. "A little bit of content" might not be enough support the game.

Judging by the folks I haven't seen around lately (and the ones that straight up told me they were bored with the game after DR and quit), adding a "metric ton" of content didn't really help support the game. Maybe addressing some of the bugs and game structure issues could help, who knows? It might be worth a shot...

As far as the main thread... I like the suggestion for a "Submarine" Science Vessel (maybe with a cloak of some sort so it can run silent, run deep), especially with the typical Risian customization options. Sure, it might just mean that we all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine... but I can live with that. A proper upgrade of the Summer Event line to full T6 capabilities would be rather nice, especially if this applied not only to the new ship but also the previous Summer Event ships. Actually, I really hope that treatment is slated for the Winter Event already. Otherwise, a custom bridge (especially for the Luxury Cruiser) would be nice... and the previous ideas for diving or water fights sounds like fun. Most of the ideas already mentioned sound like fun. :)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yeah, well, lack of stuff to do results in massive boredom.... Thus there must be new content.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    lmao if we dont grind for weeks then it gets called a exploit :P PWE name of the game is grind till you die bahahhahahhaha

Couldnt resist but to comment

Daan didnt you once tell me that STO felt like a 9-5 7 day a week 365 day a year job?

well now it really is it really truely is its not a game anymore its a job.
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    To everyone asking, in their *cough* charming naivete, for less grind:

I'm guessing you've never played any other MMOs. Because they are all full of grind. That's what they are.
  • theirresponsibletheirresponsible Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have 2 requests for the reputation/events.

First for the Reputation Tabs to have a visible 20hr countdown timer. So for the events it would be for the Q photos, Multidimentional transporter, Risa Pearls. For the reputation to let you know when the bonus box is available. I am currently using 20hr delta rep or the 20hr crafting project to try and keep track. However by the time summer rolls around both of those option may not be available on my main crafter.

Second would be a what is going on optional pop-up window that you could hit to see what events are currently active and when the next event will start, preferable with count down timers. This may help reduce the amount of chat spam asking, when is the next hormigunt hunt or when is the next race.