Install Arc
Options

A Community United

Comments

• Options
    amishrevolutionamishrevolution Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Ah yes, the grand Unification Theory. :) The OP is right, though, but only a meta-level, in that a great many people are notable ticked off (either over Cryptic, or on a meta-meta level, over the people who are angry). Thing just is, that few seem to be p*ssed off about the same thing.

But yep, definitely noticing more tension since DR. If that's what the OP meant, I agree.

Heh, I'm still ticked off about exactly the same things I was ticked off over in 2010, things have just gotten incredibly worse and Cryptic is predictably unresponsive.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    betayuya wrote: »
    not really, see? we all know meimeitoo is a Taylor Swift clone that looks like an Old Navy clothes pic pose, BUT we all get along without a gun to our non collective heads and we are happy and stuff :D

Zactly. :) Believe it or not, but for the most time, I'm just here for fun. :) I rarely get real upset, or allow myself to be trolled. I can sometimes bite a bit, I'm told, LOL. But even peeps I sometimes fight with... erm, disagree with... usually are only on my bad side for just for a short while.

So,

"You think that it's funny when I'm mad, mad, mad;
    But I think that it's best if we both stay, stay, stay, stay!"

:P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    quick question, how long will it take to get 12 toons maxed for the spec point thing at lvl 60 (having done all missions prior to DR for only replays on them)?
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    quick question, how long will it take to get 12 toons maxed for the spec point thing at lvl 60 (having done all missions prior to DR for only replays on them)?

Probably longer than there are years left in STO's existence. :) Or did I ruin the fun now?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Probably longer than there are years left in STO's existence. :) Or did I ruin the fun now?

this is why i am on the forums, so no one has to go through this ever :(
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    this is why i am on the forums, so no one has to go through this ever :(

Honestly, 12 toons? It would literally take a few years, I think.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    yes honestly i have 12 toons, and only one lvl 60, due to not taking the hackn/crackz exploit and getting served the fake points after the effect and playing the right way, cryptic set this stage and caused the XP issues many times now lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, honestly, I don't think it'd take years, until you factor in the amount of time until the devs add another spec tree.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Forever. No seriously. Forever.

As soon as you max out one thing. Cryptic probably add another thing to max out.
  • Options
    amishrevolutionamishrevolution Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have twenty-six right now at varying levels though most are 50+ and three are 60. I don't even want to think about how long it would take me, the sun would probably go dark before I finished.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    yes honestly i have 12 toons, and only one lvl 60, due to not taking the hackn/crackz exploit and getting served the fake points after the effect and playing the right way, cryptic set this stage and caused the XP issues many times now lol

Wow! You have 12 toons?! *respect!*

Well, since I now have Intel (nearly) done, and Pilot in full, and nothing in the other yet, is an estimated 2 months per toon too much? Tines 12x, that would make 2 years, at least. Unless people find new (and allowed) ways to go 17x faster than elsewhere again. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Wow! You have 12 toons?! *respect!*

Well, since I now have Intel (nearly) done, and Pilot in full, and nothing in the other yet, is an estimated 2 months per toon too much? Tines 12x, that would make 2 years, at least. Unless people find new (and allowed) ways to go 17x faster than elsewhere again. :)

same but Penny is a groundie, i love ground, i love lamp ... lol

(8 intel and all the commando)
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I have twenty-six right now at varying levels though most are 50+ and three are 60. I don't even want to think about how long it would take me, the sun would probably go dark before I finished.

ok you have me beat... lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Just look at this very thread. United, aren't we? :rolleyes:

Nah ... just distracted by the current village idiot with a low post count that won't be here 2 months from now .

... for now allow him to think he's clever , witty and educational ... :o
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I do like the way someone told me off for making a sweeping assumption in my original post, especially when you actually see that my only assumption was that people care about the game.

How dare I.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And the right to complain about a purchased product comes with the purchase of said product, I know I bought the game at release...
    Same here. I subbed for about a year and a half until Season 4: Misfire screwed my game/crashed my comp with the auto-team feature BS. The community helped me faaaaar more than the people I was forking money over to, and in the end, despite their "bot" claims that the problem was on my end, I fixed the issues (blindly ticking and unticking features in the Options section) on my own. This toolbar/ability tray bug? I've been dealing with a similar issue for over a year with no help from Cryptic at all.

Those of us who spent money most DEFINITELY have the right to complain about a product we purchased. Anyone who thinks it's about entitlement - yup, exactly! We're entitled to said complaints. My Collector's Edition entitlement was bought and paid for in February 2010 at Gamestop...

:rolleyes:
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • Options
    admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    ... It does seem to me that despite the petty accusation that the forums are full of game-hating malcontents - "ungrateful whiners" is the term I heard, not sure which dev it was - the people on the forums actually care about what happens to the game...

If you are going to throw claims out like that it is somewhat diminished by saying "Derp derp, forgot what dev said that"
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, honestly, I don't think it'd take years, until you factor in the amount of time until the devs add another spec tree.

You underestimate the leveling pace.

It took me a week back when DR launched to get one character from 50 to 60. That's ten levels, and it's probably the easiest ten levels DR has to offer; even more so since I went for a bit of the Japori grind (not as successfully as the ones that got punished for it, obviously).

Betayuya here has 12 characters. Assuming they are all level 50 right now (which is not an accurate assumption, but it saves me the trouble of figuring out the true levels), that means she must level up some 720 times to max out the existing spec trees. Adding to that the fact that Cryptic has nerfed leveling multiple times since then... it is impossible.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    alaric63 wrote: »
    Gonna run me out of town Pardner?

I think you help to make my point. You are looking for and defend an insular community of complainers. Any disention from that provokes an uproar. You just want your, so called, points to be echo'd, or you find some way to ridicule another point of view. Where is that going to get ya?

Generally when one immerses themselves in most communities related to STO (as I do) you notice the changes effect on each of them quite easily. As it is this update has been a disaster, and you can see it in the various communities in the game.

It's a strong position to be in to look into something before posting, but that is something I find a lot of people are unwilling to do properly. Ridiculing a point of view is a way to twist something, I only see arguments that have well founded points, something I have yet to see you offer.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If you are going to throw claims out like that it is somewhat diminished by saying "Derp derp, forgot what dev said that"

It was Geko, he said it in a podcast. Does that un-ruffle your feathers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    It was Geko, he said it in a podcast. Does that un-ruffle your feathers?

Hardly ruffled, you may be a tad sensitive.

Put 30 seconds more research into the next thread you start with no discernable aim.
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I clearly dont have a problem with challenging game content and leveling.... BUT... Id like to be able to get that done somewhen in my lifetime.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    Hopefully in a better position than I currently am in.

I don't expect any of my feedback to be echoed or acted upon. But I also know I miss 100% of the shots I don't take, and if the game turns out like TRIBBLE? Hey, I can say I tried.

It's a gamble I take each time I express my opinion. In the end, I really do not care where the dice land. I have the accountability to say that I tried rolling the dice.

He who fights may lose. He who doesn't fight already lost.

Still, I can't shake the feeling people are complaining about how fast their progress bars are going, not really about the interesting game features. Maybe Cryptic has made the game "grindy", but it also seems that people long stopped playing the game because it's just fun flying a spaceship into battle, and really think that having the best gear or maxed out everything is the purpose of the game. It's not. What you do to get there is what the game is all about.

I love the new ships, I like the new stories, I dislike that the new stories require going through some progress bars. I dlislike bugs like the loadout one that still persists to some extent after 2 patches. I like a a Tier 6 Breen ship and the 5,000,000 (or 6,000,000) EC anazonda owes me now . :p
    I dislike the imbalance that the game still suffers from, I dislike many mechanic choices (Tier 5 Upgrades? Really?), especially for PvP's sake, which I've given up on due to the consistent balance problems.

---

Before Delta Rising, there were no specializations and no Mark XIV gear, and no 3 difficulty tiers for PVE missions.
    That means before Delta Rising, levelling to Level 51 and beyond and getting specialization points is impossible.

You can be unhappy with the current rate of progression (I think Starship Mastery reached just the right speed now, but normal levelling could be faster), you can certainly say so. But it's foolish to claim someone was "entitled" to a faster progression. Most people here, when they started the game, purchased Zen or subscriptions the first time, did have no ability whatsoever to reach Level 60 or gain specialization points, or upgrade gear to Mark XIV. Heck, some of us couldn't even get to Level 50 back then.

And if you want to play it like the early 2014s, you can pretend Advanced = Elite and stick to Mark XII gear and Tier 5 ships, and complain that Advanced is more difficult then it used to be. :p

Or be realistic and say what you don't like. Just don't claim that Cryptic owes you an apology or does "shady business practices" because you can't level fast enough or can spend Dilithium to overcome a crafting/upgrade timegate or whatever. (I might allow for an exception in regards to lockboxes. Those are questionable, but apparently F2P standard these days...)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's true that only a small percentage of players have ever posted on this forum, or ever will, but it would be incorrect to assume there's some happy silent majority while a few malcontents complain. We're probably a representative sample.

No, I think not.

Forums are more than a support hotline, but the most likey to go to the forums are people that are unhappy. You never get a support call "Your product is awesome, keep on the good work!". On forums, that is a bit more likely to happen, because you also hope to have an exchange with like-minded individuals, or wish to share or gain knowledge. But still, if you're unhappy, you are likely looking for a way to change things, and you can do that only with communication (unless you give up entirely). If you enjoy the game, you can just keep playing it and keep enjoying it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dalolorn wrote: »
    You underestimate the leveling pace.

It took me a week back when DR launched to get one character from 50 to 60. That's ten levels, and it's probably the easiest ten levels DR has to offer; even more so since I went for a bit of the Japori grind (not as successfully as the ones that got punished for it, obviously).

Betayuya here has 12 characters. Assuming they are all level 50 right now (which is not an accurate assumption, but it saves me the trouble of figuring out the true levels), that means she must level up some 720 times to max out the existing spec trees. Adding to that the fact that Cryptic has nerfed leveling multiple times since then... it is impossible.
    Well, I've managed to get 12 characters leveled to the 54-58 range without grinding patrols so....
    No, I think not.

Forums are more than a support hotline, but the most likey to go to the forums are people that are unhappy. You never get a support call "Your product is awesome, keep on the good work!". On forums, that is a bit more likely to happen, because you also hope to have an exchange with like-minded individuals, or wish to share or gain knowledge. But still, if you're unhappy, you are likely looking for a way to change things, and you can do that only with communication (unless you give up entirely). If you enjoy the game, you can just keep playing it and keep enjoying it.
    Also we have preofessional trolls who either quit playing the game, or never played, and hang out on the forum to rant and rage.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No, I think not.

The empty queues don't agree with what you think .
    Would you like you go and talk them into activity ?
    Well, I've managed to get 12 characters leveled to the 54-58 range without grinding patrols so....Also we have preofessional trolls who either quit playing the game, or never played, and hang out on the forum to rant and rage.

Name one .
    Because since DR hit , I most certainly accused a few (come out of nowhere w/low post count) ppl of being on a PWE payroll .
    And yes , they were supporters of the Best Expansion Ever , and many of them went *poof* soon after .

As an example :
    You're welome to search for any forum activity from the current superstar "alaric63" in 2 months from now .

... and that's not counting some long time forumites who get their kicks from jumping from thread to thread posting the long-short equivalent of *WRONG !* and moving on ...
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    its no doulbt there are a lot of problems with the game, the biggest one being the pve ques, so the ques are virtually empty most of the time, is this because the rewards are not good enough or because the difficulty is too high.
    maybe they are harder then they used to be but not playing them is not the answer, maybe if we play them more we will find the way to beat them and be better players for it.
    I have played the stf`s for BNP over the last week and found although they are harder they are still winnable so although things have changed maybe we should learn to adapt rather then just not playing.
    if its just because the rewards are not good enough maybe we should resign ourselves to the fact that's the way things are now and paying them and getting some rewards is better then not playing them and getting no rewards at all.
    I don't know if boycotting the ques is the right or wrong way to protest our distain, maybe after a while the devs will see what little activity the ques are getting and change things for the better or maybe not.
    maybe we should protest the things we don't like about them on the forum and hope there are changes made but in the mean time also try to adapt also so if some changes but not all are made we will be better equipped to adapt to the way things will be instead of being so out of practice we cant even beat the normal mode.

the only thing I do know is that although we did loose more when I was playing them I felt a whole lot better about winning then I used to when we were victorious.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited November 2014
    I love this. OP posts about the community finding unity, and not one post later, they're at each others' throats again.

Unity my TRIBBLE.
    I AM WAR.
  • Options
    sitheachsitheach Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    alaric63 wrote: »
    I also consider most of the players visiting the Forums as crybabies. The Community you speak of are the Malcontents, not the game-wide Community of players. Try not to forget that most players never come here to complain because they just play. Self importance must come with Entitlement.

Funny thing about when you pay for a service, you feel entitled. Maybe because umm, IDK, YOU ARE?
    Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. ~ Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »

... and that's not counting some long time forumites who get their kicks from jumping from thread to thread posting the long-short equivalent of *WRONG !* and moving on ...

Yes, some of them have like 14k posts even. It's incredible.