Comments

• betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Who say's I'm not a cannibal?

*grabs a blanket and hides behind meimeitoo!*
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Judging from the people who called OP entitled, I'm gonna say that this in not "A Community United".

Really, there is only one issue that everyone in the Trek fandom can agree on.

Patrick Stewart is the greatest actor to ever live.

Go watch his King Lear. It will CHANGE you.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    Judging from the people who called OP entitled, I'm gonna say that this in not "A Community United".

Really, there is only one issue that everyone in the Trek fandom can agree on.

Patrick Stewart is the greatest actor to ever live.

Go watch his King Lear. It will CHANGE you.

Good reply. Excellent performance. The man energizes the stage.

But I think Ian McKellen's 2007 performance was slightly more nuanced.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    betayuya wrote: »
    *grabs a blanket and hides behind meimeitoo!*

Who say's I'm not a cannibal either?! :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's true that only a small percentage of players have ever posted on this forum, or ever will, but it would be incorrect to assume there's some happy silent majority while a few malcontents complain. We're probably a representative sample.
    edited November 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »

*eeks and hides in the corner with a stick*
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014

Your forum avatar indicates you're much more sophisticated than the average functioning cannibal.
  • solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    originally it was the health/shield balloon pinatas with 250,000k dps lol

but i didn't enter till the XP nerf, i am a believer! http://youtu.be/URSjRsenO1g?t=2m27s
    Welcome, stay awhile stay forever. :D
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • amishrevolutionamishrevolution Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Your forum avatar indicates you're much more sophisticated than the average functioning cannibal.

First I'm being accused of not being a cannibal, now I'm being accused of being functioning, when will it ever stop?
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I will never unite with those filthy Bajorans
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited November 2014
    First I'm being accused of not being a cannibal, now I'm being accused of being functioning, when will it ever stop?

when the people and the puppies and the critters and the cannibals can all live happily ever after and stuff :D lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Good reply. Excellent performance. The man energizes the stage.

But I think Ian McKellen's 2007 performance was slightly more nuanced.

To compare Sir Ian McKellan to Patrick Stewart is to compare the mights of Zeus and Jupiter. The same levels of sheer brilliance and raw acting prowess under different name and face.

IT CAN'T BE DONE! NAY, IT SHAN'T BE DONE! FOR THEIRS IS A FRIENDSHIP THAT COULD NEVER BE TORN ASUNDER BY VANITIES LIKE THAT! THEIR ACTING IS A GIFT, TO BE ENJOYED BY THE WORLD IN IT'S SPLENDOR!
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Who's to say that said avatar isn't just a picture of their next meal?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's true that only a small percentage if players have ever posted on this forum, or ever will, but it would be incorrect to assume there's some happy silent majority while a few malcontents complain. We're probably a representative sample.

And it's important, too, to remember that there are different ways to handle complaining when you have a need to do so. I think it's a serious misjudgment if someone is acting like an adult and laying out rational reasons as to why they take issue to something (extra points if they provide a rational solution), as opposed to name-calling, flaming, threatening people's safety, and the other immature and irrational things that some people do.

There are legitimate problems here and I have also seen some very clever solutions from some forum posters that Cryptic would do well to take heed of.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    edited November 2014
    IT CAN'T BE DONE! NAY, IT SHAN'T BE DONE! FOR THEIRS IS A FRIENDSHIP THAT COULD NEVER BE TORN ASUNDER BY VANITIES LIKE THAT! THEIR ACTING IS A GIFT, TO BE ENJOYED BY THE WORLD IN IT'S SPLENDOR!

omg ... we need stage performances in STO, like acting PR areas lol, it would be epic! (no seriously lol) like shakespear and stuff lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Another important point to make about the "silent majority" is that they're silent, they're silent when things go bad and they're silent when they leave, you can't even hear the door slam. The vocal ones are mostly the ones that want to actually improve the game, keep the subscriber numbers up, keep the C-Store sales going, if we don't feel that we've gotten what we've paid for, the silent majority also just bogs off to someplace nicer having never seen the efforts made on the community's behalf.
    edited November 2014
    bergins wrote: »
    Who's to say that said avatar isn't just a picture of their next meal?

Well, just wait for Taylor Swift's next album: if she's still alive by then, you know I didn't eat her. :)

Wait, wut?! What were talking about again?! LOL.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We were reenacting the great debate over how unity is impossible unless a gun was held to our collective heads that was featured in the mission Surface Tension. No one was Tuvoc though; no one is level-headed enough here to simply think logically and coldly.

We have cannibals over there, enraged people over here, and distractions over there.

Meanwhile, the Cryptine are advancing and taking your bases.
    edited November 2014
    not really, see? we all know meimeitoo is a Taylor Swift clone that looks like an Old Navy clothes pic pose, BUT we all get along without a gun to our non collective heads and we are happy and stuff :D

well we are taking their forums instead, so it's an equal trade, maybe, and stuff ... lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
    edited November 2014
    We were reenacting the great debate over how unity is impossible unless a gun was held to our collective heads that was featured in the mission Surface Tension. No one was Tuvoc though; no one is level-headed enough here to simply think logically and coldly.

We have cannibals over there, enraged people over here, and distractions over there.

Ah yes, the grand Unification Theory. :) The OP is right, though, but only a meta-level, in that a great many people are notable ticked off (either over Cryptic, or on a meta-meta level, over the people who are angry). Thing just is, that few seem to be p*ssed off about the same thing.

But yep, definitely noticing more tension since DR. If that's what the OP meant, I agree.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited November 2014
    sorry i got like all off topic and stuff ... lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Ah yes, the grand Unification Theory. :) The OP is right, though, but only a meta-level, in that a great many people are notable ticked off (either over Cryptic, or on a meta-meta level, over the people who are angry). Thing just is, that few seem to be p*ssed off about the same thing.

But yep, definitely noticing more tension since DR. If that's what the OP meant, I agree.

Heh, I'm still ticked off about exactly the same things I was ticked off over in 2010, things have just gotten incredibly worse and Cryptic is predictably unresponsive.
    edited November 2014
    not really, see? we all know meimeitoo is a Taylor Swift clone that looks like an Old Navy clothes pic pose, BUT we all get along without a gun to our non collective heads and we are happy and stuff :D

Zactly. :) Believe it or not, but for the most time, I'm just here for fun. :) I rarely get real upset, or allow myself to be trolled. I can sometimes bite a bit, I'm told, LOL. But even peeps I sometimes fight with... erm, disagree with... usually are only on my bad side for just for a short while.

So,

"You think that it's funny when I'm mad, mad, mad;
    But I think that it's best if we both stay, stay, stay, stay!"

:P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited November 2014
    quick question, how long will it take to get 12 toons maxed for the spec point thing at lvl 60 (having done all missions prior to DR for only replays on them)?
    eywdK7c.jpg
    edited November 2014
    quick question, how long will it take to get 12 toons maxed for the spec point thing at lvl 60 (having done all missions prior to DR for only replays on them)?

Probably longer than there are years left in STO's existence. :) Or did I ruin the fun now?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Probably longer than there are years left in STO's existence. :) Or did I ruin the fun now?

this is why i am on the forums, so no one has to go through this ever :(
    eywdK7c.jpg
    edited November 2014
    this is why i am on the forums, so no one has to go through this ever :(

Honestly, 12 toons? It would literally take a few years, I think.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited November 2014
    yes honestly i have 12 toons, and only one lvl 60, due to not taking the hackn/crackz exploit and getting served the fake points after the effect and playing the right way, cryptic set this stage and caused the XP issues many times now lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, honestly, I don't think it'd take years, until you factor in the amount of time until the devs add another spec tree.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Forever. No seriously. Forever.

As soon as you max out one thing. Cryptic probably add another thing to max out.