test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Intrepid Class Interiors

Comments

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Forgive me for asking this here, but as this is about the new bridges and the new ship, I had a question regarding them. I have a GENERAL idea what you guys mean about the fact that the new bridges will be added to an Intrepid Pack, but all that means is that I know now that the microtransaction is the only thing to go after this weekend.

My question is, being there already IS an Intrepid Pack for bridges, will they be added to that one, or will there be another pack made after this weekend?

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the 'Intrepid pack' they are talking about is not the bridge pack but is in fact the bundle pack which comes with the Bellerophon, T5 Intrepid, T6 Intrepid, and the bridges. Though if you already own the Bellerophon it appears to be hit or miss on whether you can actually purchase that pack.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • vosorosvosoros Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Forgive me for asking this here, but as this is about the new bridges and the new ship, I had a question regarding them. I have a GENERAL idea what you guys mean about the fact that the new bridges will be added to an Intrepid Pack, but all that means is that I know now that the microtransaction is the only thing to go after this weekend.

My question is, being there already IS an Intrepid Pack for bridges, will they be added to that one, or will there be another pack made after this weekend?

Nobody but Cryptic folk can answer that one I'm afraid. However, the TOS and DS9 packs (which feature unique bridges only available by such purchases) suggest the voyager interior and bridge may only be available by such means.

My advice; if you can afford the 3500 zen to buy the pathfinder with bridge and interior from the c-store's discounted packs...do so and give yourself peace of mind.

;)

P.S. Beware the pathfinder WITHOUT the bridge and interior. Don't get the wrong one if you want the bridge and interior...
  • ronanobrienronanobrien Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vosoros wrote: »
    Nobody but Cryptic folk can answer that one I'm afraid. However, the TOS and DS9 packs (which feature unique bridges only available by such purchases) suggest the voyager interior and bridge may only be available by such means.

My advice; if you can afford the 3500 zen to buy the pathfinder with bridge and interior from the c-store's discounted packs...do so and give yourself peace of mind.

;)

P.S. Beware the pathfinder WITHOUT the bridge and interior. Don't get the wrong one if you want the bridge and interior...

That's the thing! You seem to be able to get the TOS bridge through the ship tailor, which makes me wonder...now, I did buy it through the pack, but you CAN seemingly buy the TOS bridge alone.

I might be wrong, but the way that they worded this DOES seem a bit confusing as there is a bridge pack called Intrepid. (Though they do not look ANYTHING like what I would expect on an Intrepid.) I was hoping that the bridge's designer was still on to answer that question with an official answer too...
    edited November 2014
    That's the thing! You seem to be able to get the TOS bridge through the ship tailor, which makes me wonder...now, I did buy it through the pack, but you CAN seemingly buy the TOS bridge alone.

I might be wrong, but the way that they worded this DOES seem a bit confusing as there is a bridge pack called Intrepid. (Though they do not look ANYTHING like what I would expect on an Intrepid.) I was hoping that the bridge's designer was still on to answer that question with an official answer too...

I don't have the TOS bundle, and if I go to the ship customisation and select the TOS bridge it prompts me to buy the bundle not just the bridge on it's own.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited November 2014

It will remain confusing until Cryptic renames the older bridge pack (say, LRSV Bridge Pack?) or renames the new interior as either Voyager or Pathfinder Interior pack. Regardless, I agree they need to address that confusion.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've had a look around both interiors and they are indeed excellent the only thing that I spotted that bothers me is that the 2371 interior is missing the door in the corridor (that runs parallel to the mess hall) that gives access to cabin 125 alpha, the Captain's Private Dining Room, what would become Neelix's kitchen/galley. The door is present on the 2410 interior, so why not have it present but non functional (doesn't open) on the 2371 interior? :confused:

I can understand why various locations aren't located on the correct decks (Transporter Room is on Deck 2 rather than Deck 4, Sick Bay is on Deck 3 rather than Deck 5, Cargo Bay 2 is on Deck 11 instead of Deck 8, so that doesn't really bother me. :cool:
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This was sooooooo worth it, quite possibly the most worthwile purchase I've ever made in STO.
    Both the Pathfinder and the interior sets look epic, but the ship interiors.......oh man... :o As a Star Trek fan, I've been craving for proper TNG era interiors since I started playing STO. (The Belfast is awesome, but too utalitartian and spartan, I wanted the layouts of the bigger more comfy exploraton ships) This is fantastic to have as part of my ship and game. Tears almost came to my eyes when I was walking down the corridors.....:o it finally felt like I'm on a Starfleet ship. :)

Taco, my good Sir, all complimets to you (and whoever else might have worked on this, since I don't know) for making this. I've always been a fan of the work you do for STO, the Kumari bridge is one of my favourite places because it's a spitten immage from ENT, but this just takes it to the next level. You can be proud and know that your work will bring joy to a ton of players who will cherish this.
    Thank you for this and especially all the little details that I caught on my detailed tour of my new ship.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Ooops, I meant to do that but forgot when we ran short on time. I'll see if design is cool with us retrofitting that back in. (they'd just be clickies to go from bottom to top, etc.)

If you manage to do this, I'll love you even more! :D
    I'm not sure what the extra bridge is. It looks like the old intrepid bridge. Design hooked up the maps, I'd guess they copied out the old bridge map and then forgot to delete the old geometry. I'll ask about that.

It's not that big of a deal, but it will be better if it can be removed. It's clearly visible when you look at the map, so it might give an 'unfinished' vibe which would be unfair to this amazing interior set.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is it possible to use the corridors/lower decks interiors from this pack, but with another bridge, say an oddy bridge? So then the ship would actaully be a real starfleet ship inside rather than the generic one? Or is it like the Belfast bridge, where it's everything or nothing?

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    grylak wrote: »
    Is it possible to use the corridors/lower decks interiors from this pack, but with another bridge, say an oddy bridge? So then the ship would actaully be a real starfleet ship inside rather than the generic one? Or is it like the Belfast bridge, where it's everything or nothing?

Yeah, I would very much enjoy that, if it were possible. I like my Aquarius Bridge on my Odyssey, but would love to use the Voyager lower decks.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited November 2014
    For those still on the fence about the ship and interior, allow me to show you around the T6 U.S.S. Pioneer...

Onboard the Pioneer, the bridge is quite beautiful the behold, as is the ready room and the conference room located just off the bridge.

The transporter room aboard the Pioneer clearly sees a lot of action as we explore the galaxy, but the nicest place to be is the mess hall on deck two with its wonderful view.

However, I like to relax in the privacy of my own quarters with some soothing music playing...

Sickbay is rarely in demand on the Pioneer (thankfully) but nonetheless a welcome reassurance should things go badly during our exploration missions in deep space. And to help us chart the unknown is the wonders of astrometrics.

Behind everything the Pioneer undergoes, it would perhaps be apt to finish the tour off the by showing you around the heart of the ship, Engineering. Without engineering the Pioneer would just sit (in all it's beautfuly glory) at earth space dock. And without the cargo bays we would lack the means to store the many strange and mundane things we need or aquire to study as we continue to boldy go where no one has gone before.

Well, I hope you enjoyed the tour of the U.S.S. Pioneer...
  • kestrel5kestrel5 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I was disappointed after spending an extra 1000 in zen for the latest interior, unable to display my accolades or floor tropies. I feel cheated by them :mad:
    edited November 2014
    kestrel5 wrote: »
    I was disappointed after spending an extra 1000 in zen for the latest interior, unable to display my accolades or floor tropies. I feel cheated by them :mad:

You can display them, go to the mess hall. If you are using the standard Intrepid interior there is a 'podium' type thing you need to stand near to get the option. If you're using the 2410 version you need to go to the right hand side of the kitchen.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    grylak wrote: »

Sorry, no. Bridges and interiors are on the same map. They're essentially fused together. You can use the new Voyager interiors on many other ship classes, but you can't separate the bridge from the interior.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We run into this a lot while building things. "Oh, that ____ is just this other ___ we already have, but flipped upside down. Easy Peasy." But that only gets us so far. The majority of work is in all of the other stuff. Many things were reused, but given the state of computer graphics today, if we were to be building a TNG interior, the structure would be better to rebuild. Things like props (chairs, lights, etc.) can be reused however. (note that the Voyager Mess Hall Chairs are straight out of Ten Forward, and that much of Sickbay was the same in TNG, and even TOS) As another example, even though the Voyager Ready Room windows were just flipped Ten Forward windows, if we were to build Ten Forward, we would probably just rebuild those windows (using the Voyager Ready Room as a guide).

Wha? Can you elaborate on these?

Ooops, I meant to do that but forgot when we ran short on time. I'll see if design is cool with us retrofitting that back in. (they'd just be clickies to go from bottom to top, etc.)

I'm not sure what the extra bridge is. It looks like the old intrepid bridge. Design hooked up the maps, I'd guess they copied out the old bridge map and then forgot to delete the old geometry. I'll ask about that.

Things are not on the correct decks (I went over this in detail back in August.). In essence, we had to compress things to 3 decks. I arranged things as logically as I could.

In watching the show for screenshots and reference, there were multiple occasions where that door in Engineering was a Turbolift. The shows were always inconsistent with that kind of thing. I chose to label it as a turbolift.

Thank you for the reply! Can you tell us which interior and bridge you will be working on next? I would really like to see the Prometheus. A lot of people would love to see the Galaxy done. If the Galaxy is next, please include a battle Bridge on the lower decks and as a second alternative, please do the AGT Galaxy X for a bundle. Great work, Taco!
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just like to point out the absence of the Captain's galley from the 2371 version which would have been ideal for the placement of Bartender or Chef. Additionally the cargo bay door sounds are wrong and open faster than they should.

Personally I would like to see the Odyssey and Bortasqu' to get their own interior to go with the bridge after doing such a fine job with detail done in decorating the Voyager interiors.
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sorry, no. Bridges and interiors are on the same map. They're essentially fused together. You can use the new Voyager interiors on many other ship classes, but you can't separate the bridge from the interior.

u rock, yep. and if at least for ur communication! :)

stand your ground (rancid; title just fits :D) :)
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kylelocke wrote: »
    Personally I would like to see the Odyssey and Bortasqu' to get their own interior to go with the bridge after doing such a fine job with decorating the Voyager interiors

And it would open story mission options for both the Enterprise-F and Bortasqu'.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Hmm...do those of us with lockbox ships where more extensive interiors have been seen in game (example: Cardassian, and now Undine) stand a chance of getting full-detail interiors? The Cardassian and Undine interiors are some of the most beautiful I've seen in missions, and I have both of those ships.

You have no idea how much time I have wasted on my Dromias, jumping up all the way to the top and trying to jump inside the pretty, pretty glowy area at the front of the bridge that I can see but can't get at... ;)

The Undine interiors I find so interesting because even with the "internal organ" thing going on, there's also an archaic "old sailing ship" look that is really fascinating to me.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I just realized that the plaque on the bridge always reads "Voyager". I'm not sure if that was intended or a bug. I think that plaque should read the ship's name.
  • bookworm976bookworm976 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I really like the new interiors and have had fun exploring the ship of one of my favorite ST series. One question/suggestion though ... since the size of the ship was scaled down, it seems to be packed with NPCs just roaming back and forth and in and out of rooms. This causes the doors to constantly open and close. Would it be possible to reduce the number of NPCs and make the doors less sensitive so they don't open when someone just walks by?
    edited November 2014
    I really like the new interiors and have had fun exploring the ship of one of my favorite ST series. One question/suggestion though ... since the size of the ship was scaled down, it seems to be packed with NPCs just roaming back and forth and in and out of rooms. This causes the doors to constantly open and close. Would it be possible to reduce the number of NPCs and make the doors less sensitive so they don't open when someone just walks by?

My concern is the size of my little gold ships in the mess...dear lord, that's big for a little ship.

:eek:
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Still even after downtime on Friday i cant use the new Bridges on my Fleet T5-U Voyager on all others ships i tried T6 Voyager,Fleet Defiant and Gallaxy Dreadnought i could use it.
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • maarchsmaarchs Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, for now 'i won't buy this new 'tier 6 ship.
    Will wait for the tier 7 or in new years eve will get a good present with updated ship ';)

BTW, how many 'KDF and Rom are buying federation ships? Or more sticking to their own national ones?
    When You observe, learn from it.
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    First let me say, great job to all who worked on this interior! :)

The sizes, lighting, textures, sounds, its all like in the TV show. It creates this nice feeling of familiarity.

The following is my extended FEEDBACK combined with screenshots. Some of it could be interpreted as pedantic, but thats not my intention. I just love canon interiors and would like to see them in the best shape they can be. Besides, i am German AND a Trekkie, so what do you expect? :P

Let's get started:

Issues:

- Conference Room: There is a texture problem on this ceiling light (no biggie though)

- Mess Hall (all issues only in 2371 version): We have a hull breach (part of the other map is visible in the circle); some misaligned chairs; Trophy Shelf #1 + #3 are not aligned with the wall; the replicators miss some patterns (the same replicators in sickbay with the pattern; video evidence from the show)

- Quarters: We have another hull breach (granted, this one needs 'extra exploration' to find)

- Astrometrics: I think it's maybe a reflection problem, it changes position with different camera angles

- Engineering: Access to the second level is missing; some engineer need to fix the Turbolift; this LCARS slipped outside

- Could the number of walking NPCs be reduced? PLEASE, there are too many of them walking around. Think about the wear and tear. Soon we need to install new doors & carpets. This is actually the biggest issue i have, and it's not even related to the Intrpid interior itself. Visit the Belfast interior and you get the same overcrowded bad experience.

- The button "Leave Ship Interior" is only available on the bridge

Questions:

- Is it possible to install a closed door to the captains galley in the 2371 versions corridor?

- Could we get a "Beam Button" on the transporter pad?

- The gramophone or the clock plays in the quarters. This is random i think. A nice touch, but could we get an option to turn them (aka the sound) on / off?

- Could this happen? The Intrepid class Holodeck is already in the game.

- Could we get this sound for the Cargo Bay door? The Cargo Bay in the 2410 version looks a bit empty. Seven often worked on a console. Could one of those (the model from sickbay) be added there?

Wish list:

- FOUNDRY: Please add as much as possible. The new Intrepid wall panels & carpets would be especially nice for map building.

- Shuttlebay: I know, i know... but one can dream right?

- Red Alert Mode: I dont know if it's possible, or how much work it would require, but switching all maps into red alert by the push of an button would be very cool.

At the end, i have another question: What is behind there? Neelix secret bio weapons? :P
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Thanks Taco. I figured as much since the Belfast was like that. Now the only question is, how would a sovereign look with an Intrepid bridge.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Probably should edit the mission 'Surface Tension' so tht it's the Voyager bridge being used and not the Wanderer bridge (or whatever version)
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the feedback/bug reports guys. I can't promise when, but I will look into them, and address what I can.
    e30ernest wrote: »
    I just realized that the plaque on the bridge always reads "Voyager". I'm not sure if that was intended or a bug. I think that plaque should read the ship's name.

Not really either. We don't have a way to put your ship's name on the plaque. I guess we could delete the plaque from player ship interiors? Not sure if that makes things worse or better? :/

I can bring up the NPC population, but the doors can't really be helped. This is not the fictional future of Star Trek, where doors seem to be able to read your mind. (Captain Picard walking down a corridor passes by 20 doors, but the one he actually WANTS to go into opens automatically)

Our doors just have a volume that detects if someone is nearby, and opens. We could shrink the volume, so that people walking by in the hallway wouldn't trigger it, but that would also mean that when you WANTED to go through the door, you'd have to get very close to it for it to open. Since people run all over the place, that means you'd be hitting your head on every door before it opened. We try to set the volumes large enough that even at a full run, the door will fully open before you reach the threshold.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can bring up the NPC population, but the doors can't really be helped. This is not the fictional future of Star Trek, where doors seem to be able to read your mind. (Captain Picard walking down a corridor passes by 20 doors, but the one he actually WANTS to go into opens automatically)
    Just do what they did in the show - give the guys opening the doors the script!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not really either. We don't have a way to put your ship's name on the plaque. I guess we could delete the plaque from player ship interiors? Not sure if that makes things worse or better? :/

Can't you make a "generic" plaque? One without the ship name... just wirte "Starfleet Command" or "Pathfinder project" or whatever there. Something generic.

Not very canon, I know, but better then "Voyager" or no plaque at all... at least for me.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    First off I'm really loving the new Intrepid interiors. Great work, Taco.

One question I do have is the boff seating on the bridge. Right now it puts an engineer in the XO seat, a science officer at the Conn and always seems to make at least one or two generics. Is there a way to fix that so that your XO - who is probably Tactical - is in the seat next to the Captain and there's a tac or goldshirt at the conn?