test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patching Issues 11/20

bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Anyone else? Its going .1 .2 etc at a time, at this rate it should finish by midnight. Knew there would be issues today!
In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
Post edited by bannon3 on

Comments

• Options
    kettingekettinge Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I got a 3 gb patch to download at that rate. Let's see who gets there first. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    UK here, and I'm getting the same issue.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Same here in Connecticut. Got up to 7% and it ground to a halt. I'm getting .1MB every 20 seconds.

Seems they forgot to feed the hamsters again.
  • Options
    borgus1122borgus1122 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same problem in Slovenia. Started patching bout 20 minutes ago, and right now at 19.9% after 20 minutes. It usualy takes to patch bout 2 minutes, but today, hmmmm.
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yep same here on west coast, and im only a few hours from the studio itself go figure.

I have debated in the past of just driving to the office and asking for a floppy disk of their patches so I can just do a direct install :rolleyes:

Time to cook breakfast, wash the car, play with the dog, watch all 3 extended LOTR films, paint the house and it should be done by then.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    polstarukpolstaruk Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm on Virgin Media ISP and the download is crawling.
    Anything that happens, happens. Anything that in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen. Anything that in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again.
    It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order though.
  • Options
    haplo013haplo013 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I was lucky to hit about 90% before mine went to .1 MB/S. Started patching before the servers were up. I'm assuming its chocking somewhere with everyone patching at the same time.
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    92% here. 000.1 mb every second. LOL.

Guess I'll go watch some DS9....
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Germany here, veeery slow... :( the LoR patch was quicker than this :P
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Same here in Connecticut. Got up to 7% and it ground to a halt. I'm getting .1MB every 20 seconds.

Seems they forgot to feed the hamsters again.

Yup! I have closed and reopened the launcher and cant even get that far again, I did a reboot because this happened once before and that seemed to help but not this time.
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Downloading at 23kb/s here.
  • Options
    haplo013haplo013 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You know it wouldn't be patch day without some issue. Tho with how long the patch list was and skipping tribble....i doubt this will be the last of today's issues. Here's hoping for the best :D Now for a new drinking game...take a drink every Megabyte, should be hammered in about 8 hours. :P
  • Options
    coydog7coydog7 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm patching seriously slow as well. Ya know, it'd be nice on cryptics part to inform of us scheduled downtime, especially during a timed event like mirror. Not only is this patch huge, but the timing of it is terrible. Couldn't they wait till after the mirror event ticked out? There are some of us who were counting on this last day to complete the event, not counting, nor informed of the fact that there would be downtime until it's too late.
    Sigh, would I be asking too much for them to extend this event another day? Or atleast recoup the lost time due to the insanely large and long patch they decided to tell us hours before the end of the event?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    bunansa wrote: »
    Yep same here on west coast, and im only a few hours from the studio itself go figure.

I have debated in the past of just driving to the office and asking for a floppy disk of their patches so I can just do a direct install :rolleyes:

Time to cook breakfast, wash the car, play with the dog, watch all 3 extended LOTR films, paint the house and it should be done by then.

Yeah they should just post a ZIP file of the changes for those of us having issues to do a direct install with. Would save time when this nonsense happens.

Still at 1%
  • Options
    xblazex#7666 xblazex Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    canada barley moving as well
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I started patching about 3 hours ago, 2.8g just finished
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Knock knock devs. Club 47 killed patching.
  • Options
    terrilllterrilll Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey,

I have 70mb download, but my patching speed is 0.5mb per second... is there any particular reason for this? I don't think it's me as my speed tests, and all other applications are running as fast as they usually do..

Edit: Thanks for confirming it isn't just me. Unlikely their fault, their servers are probably under stress, gone down or being DDoSED or something, I'm sure they'll resolve it as soon as they are able.

OR the new nightclub in ESP is taking up so much power it's locking out the patch servers.. Probably those damn neon lights. Lets hope they have an epic flow capacitor installed. ;)
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm getting this as well. On BT in the UK. Been patching for a few minutes and only at 3%. :confused:
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    mouertemouerte Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    aye getting wery slow patching my self:(
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The speed of patching is now linked to the speed of leveling up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am also patching very slowly. Located in Washington state USA. I don't think I shall be able to get on before work today.
  • Options
    wen1503wen1503 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Slowest patch I have ever had from STO...usually only takes a few seconds or a minute at most...half hour and still only 69%

I'm just north of Seattle WA...could drive there faster.
  • Options
    terrilllterrilll Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    The speed of patching is now linked to the speed of leveling up.

Hahahahaha

And okay, thanks everyone, helps to know it's not a problem on my end.
  • Options
    nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    if by slow you means its just stop dling after a few seconds, oh ye its slow
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same here. I cancelled the patching and will try again tommorow or sometime else :)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    coydog7coydog7 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They should extend mirror event....some of us were counting on this last day to complete it...not patch for 12 hours :/
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    coydog7 wrote: »
    I'm patching seriously slow as well. Ya know, it'd be nice on cryptics part to inform of us scheduled downtime, especially during a timed event like mirror. Not only is this patch huge, but the timing of it is terrible. Couldn't they wait till after the mirror event ticked out? There are some of us who were counting on this last day to complete the event, not counting, nor informed of the fact that there would be downtime until it's too late.
    Sigh, would I be asking too much for them to extend this event another day? Or atleast recoup the lost time due to the insanely large and long patch they decided to tell us hours before the end of the event?

You do realize they do their patches on the same day every single week right, today is last day of mirror the patch will be removing the event
  • Options
    soulpartysoulparty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm on 160Mb connection and it's patching very slowly :confused:
This discussion has been closed.