Install Arc
Options

Really hate the requirements for Advanced completion

12346»

Comments

• Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I snipped the self serving stuff that didn't address the issue, and left this elitist TRIBBLE that is at the heart of your problem. You actually think it is a problem that players don't know what a shlub they are and should be more aware of what a TRIBBLE player they are. I do believe you believe this.

Yepp, I do. Those three with from the ISA-log. They didnt do dps. They didnt heal. They didnt tank. They didnt CC.
    Those ppl dont deserve to win advanced, and in all honesty, I dislike that I had to pull the through.

You can do much with very little investment, just by reading a guide for 10minutes or ask a better player (I wont say veteran, as most veterans seem to have very little knowledge about this game) for help. But ignorant, bad players dont deserve to win.

As long as its just a bad/new/unknowledgeable player, I like to help. But if ignorance comes in play, they should just go to hell.

And ply, CCing the enemy, and knowing they come by rotating the camera, is so trivial it cant be called a secret or a trick. Its a logical conclusion...
  • Options
    donowickdonowick Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »
    The entire premise of your post is wrong. Advanced is achievable without tech upgrades or rep gear. You do not need BNPs/APCs to get the best gear, nor do most of the rep gear need BNPs/APCs.

It is not the tools we use which make us good, but rather how we employ them. Blaming failure on not having BNP/APC required gear is a sad and transparent attempt to absolve unskilled and uninformed players of responsibility.

That's not necessarily on you, but the members of your team. You could be a perfectly competent +10k with no rep or Fleet gear (which is easily attainable with a modicum of knowledge and skill), but if the rest of your team decked out in maxed out pre-DR gear (Mk XII URs, rep sets, Lobi toys) still only pull 5k each, at 30k DPS the team will fail without 10% or some very impressive crowd control. Which of course would require knowledge and skill that said team members are lacking.

The problem is entirely that these people don't know what they're doing.

These are exactly the same type of people who, back in the days of the 10% method because we didn't have enough DPS, would cause ISEs to fail.

For those who don't do sufficient DPS to blindly blast everything, we are back in those days. Even down to the 10% method being the way to win.

You also forgot the rest of my post about advance scaled to 60 when it is not elite content. If it was elite content it would of unlocked at level 60 not 50. The level 50 player can't do level 60 content but he is aloud to do advance because it is not elite content. So why does advance scale to elite when it is not elite lol. It should scale to level 55 to give it the challenge. :)
  • Options
    ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    chipg7 wrote: »

This is how Advanced was intended to play. Players should not be jumping up a difficulty level in queues until they are properly geared, and understand the objectives. I say that, placing myself in that group - I will not allow myself into Elite, until I can properly play Elite.

The huge flaw in the logic of the normal > advanced etc is simply this rewards vs time spent

normal and advanced timers are the same everything is the same .. the reward is not and this is a casual q system its not for people who want to play hard nothing is longer then 15 minutes in the q they are get in and get out kill a pile of stuff quick and take your loots and do something that is actually fun. People are playing advanced for the rewards at the end not for fun and not for challenge.

next normal does not train you for advanced not really your going to faill the first time you go into an advanced from a normal regardless of how well you have been paying attention because there was no autofail option.

so by default people are going to be surprised regardless because the objectives are 'optional' lol

the plan was poorly conceived from the get go people may over time adapt or not but judging by the fact that no one does the normals (literally i was trying to relearn rh'ilo station i had to q an elite.. good thing i have equipment but i didnt know the objectives I know why they failed.. it was me not having done it for 6 months and not remembering how to do it..)

some people do advanced
    and some people do elite.. more are in the elite then advanced right now them being in good gear does not stop them lol

the only time anyone joins a normal q ever is in an event when the rewards are better and then no one can be bothered to do the advanced because they can expend less energy and do it faster and get their reward

the mistake here is thinking people actually want a challenge even those saying "we want it to be harder" are q'ing normals and advanced (not elite) so obviously at the end of the day what they want is the reward and not the challenge.

so will it change? maybe but probably not. These players existed before delta rising and they will exist after it. The question is will they keep playing? maybe .. but people dont like "loosing" everytime they try something and ultimately quit.
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I snipped the self serving stuff that didn't address the issue, and left this elitist TRIBBLE that is at the heart of your problem. You actually think it is a problem that players don't know what a shlub they are and should be more aware of what a TRIBBLE player they are. I do believe you believe this. So the problem in this case is you; wanting people to lose over and over until spring (your fellow traveller says).

The problem that you didn't solve or address is even though you succeeded with a sub par group that the rest of us will too. Random people generate random results. You are convinced this level is right but I don't. One of us is correct. That person is me.

Or, you could make yourself better and NOT expect the rest of us to carry your special snowflakeness. Anyone playing competently finds ISA very easy if not soloable - I have already given the method of how to solo it.

You however, are not willing to improve as a player, and instead think your special snowflakeness is correct.

Once you are willing to improve, we will dump information on you abundantly, because we make it our STO job to take what we learn and give it to others who ask for it. Until then, as you are wilfully a special snowflake, we will treat as such you deserve to be for bringing a bad build and player into content beyond your level - I call that deliberate trolling of teammates myself.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Time will tell.

I logged on this morning at 6:30 am eastern.

There were 30 people playing mirror normal.

10 in CCA, 5 in ISA

ZERO in any other queue.

I am on at the same time every single day for almost 3 years. I have never ever seen anything like that.

At this rate I look for a massive cash grab in January/February. Then an announcement after the anniversary that there will be no future content added to the game. Staff all diverted to other projects. Maybe it can continue for 6 months to a year after that before the license gets pulled.

I have been an absolute cheerleader for the game and indeed for cryptic for a long time. And this is the first time that I am concerned. I doubt there will ever be another Trek mmo so I really want this one to last.

It will recover, there will always be fans of Star Trek who want an ST game.

STO however, makes itself out as not an ST game apart from background, and thus... well, you have to look at it as a game, and on those grounds it only really has character customisation left in its favour. And its economy, but who plays a game for that...
  • Options
    crappyturbocrappyturbo Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Let me throw this in the ring.

Up to the end of September I ran the omega queues but when I get a pm like this "Slot off frag face you f*****g suck" or some variation of this 4 or 5 times out of 10 with no comments on what I did wrong, how do I improve?

With the changes to the queues I agree that normal should have either a small chance, 5% or less, to give the crafting item, BNP's or APC's or whatever, or the player gets a choice of 1 crafting item OR the marks OR the VR mat not all of them. To get all of them you should go to advanced. As it stands right now BNP's and APC's are the only ones, to my knowledge, that you can get only from the queues.

And no I will not rejoin the queues again because of my experiences.
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I snipped the self serving stuff that didn't address the issue, and left this elitist TRIBBLE that is at the heart of your problem. You actually think it is a problem that players don't know what a shlub they are and should be more aware of what a TRIBBLE player they are. I do believe you believe this. So the problem in this case is you; wanting people to lose over and over until spring (your fellow traveller says).

The problem that you didn't solve or address is even though you succeeded with a sub par group that the rest of us will too. Random people generate random results. You are convinced this level is right but I don't. One of us is correct. That person is me.

QFT. Most people railing against reverting the damage system at the heart of all their comments is an elitist core of self-gratifying snobbery. They don't actually have a point or a leg to stand on, and just want others to suffer so they can feel greater.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Let me throw this in the ring.

Up to the end of September I ran the omega queues but when I get a pm like this "Slot off frag face you f*****g suck" or some variation of this 4 or 5 times out of 10 with no comments on what I did wrong, how do I improve?

With the changes to the queues I agree that normal should have either a small chance, 5% or less, to give the crafting item, BNP's or APC's or whatever, or the player gets a choice of 1 crafting item OR the marks OR the VR mat not all of them to get all of them you should go to advanced. As it stands right now BNP's and APC's are the only ones, to my knowledge, that you can get only from the queues.

And no I will not rejoin the queues again because of my experiences.

You ignore the Cee yoU Next Tuesday who wont help, work out where you went wrong, and you fix it. The good news is it will only take time and practice, you very rarely see a build that makes you think "WTF? Scrap it mate..." Boff slots far more frequently, but gear is nearly always good enough for what people want to do.

Normally, I launch into a very off topic post covering practically every bit of knowledge I think to remember, but, right now I simply don't have enough information from you to help...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    QFT. Most people railing against reverting the damage system at the heart of all their comments is an elitist core of self-gratifying snobbery. They don't actually have a point or a leg to stand on, and just want others to suffer so they can feel greater.

I want them to actually make it difficult, not make it into a DPS race. I want NPCs good enough to place on merit in a tournament PvP team for Elite difficulty, about myself for Advanced, and a typical player skill level (with VPvP or worse gear for fairness) in Normal.

What we actually have is Normal can be done blindfolded, Advanced can be done while quite drunk and Elite actually requiring paying mild attention to being Elite in terms of DPS required. No one likes how it is.