test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's up with the servers?

wdwormack214wdwormack214 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
If you can't keep the servers up and stable, why would anyone want to access STO?
Post edited by wdwormack214 on

Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    the occasional server problem happens other then the weekly patch or every other week, there hasnt been much wrong with the servers in that time other then the occasional blip as stated.

your making a mountain out of nothing.

however if you are having internet issues this area is not the correct place for it on this forums, find the "pc, network, and other tech. problems" subsection.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Did you forget to put 50p into the meter?

You did, didn't you.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If you can't keep the servers up and stable, why would anyone want to access STO?

I've not had any issues connecting and staying connected. Cryptic tends to have a very stable system (they've had their moments, of course) but more often than not on these posts, it tends to be the users connection, and not cryptic.

Now tends to be the diagnosis, what problems are you having staying in game? What system are you using? Are you trying to outdo your graphics capability? What bandwidth are you playing on? Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting to your Internet? Have you tried restarting your computer and router? How about uninstalling and reinstalling the game? Are you running other processes? Any active downloads?
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    IBM Servers had a commercial here in the states showing Servers never going down and without issue using magic pixie dust. I found the commercial. It's old but funny if your in the tech industry as you would no servers are not 100% stable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nbEeU2dRBg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Gateways connections between you *to the OP* to STO, is the issue. Bottlenecking is occurring at servers that are not working at full capacity. This has been going on now, for the last 5 weeks or so.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited November 2014
    Having trouble patching to the servers, myself...
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same issue here, doesn't connect to patch server, not able to log in
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    same just stalls at checking the version from the launcher........

lovely.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'd recommend reading through this and then posting your results to this forum. Just because you're having an issue connecting to the servers does not mean it is a problem with the servers.
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Armchair development at it's finest.

Please, sir. Continue to tell the professional gaming company how to work a server. I'm certain your experience working the gardening section at Wal Mart has provided you with untold levels of insight on technology upkeep and server stability.

:rolleyes:
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    lexxie1983lexxie1983 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same her same just stalls at checking the version from the launcher.

Tried it with Steam, ARC, and Direct

EDIT : Works now after 3 min waiting
    n8eym7c.jpg

click for bigger image
  • Options
    bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ^^ after about 5min
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bi0f0dd3r wrote: »
    same just stalls at checking the version from the launcher........

lovely.

got the same problem. I'm not getting into the game right now.
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    3 minutes and two attempts at the launcher self updating..followed by another 3 minutes checking version.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I espouse patience around here, but after 7 minutes last night I decided to watch Katherine Heigl attempt to resurrect her career. I figured either my connection was too weak (after a restart) or something was happening at STO. Either way I missed a shot at the MU event and will probably miss the grand prize.

I'm just venting of course :P
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Getting the same problem... and, despite my disabling patching-on-demand, it is now 1% of the way into a huge patch, and shows no signs of wanting to progress.

Obviously, even though it is affecting other people, and even though my other Internet use is unaffected, it must be my connection. It's never Cryptic's servers. The armchair diagnosticians say so, and of course they are never wrong.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not able to connect to the patch server here. :(

Edit: Cannot connect to the account server, either.

Oh well, back to Guild Wars 2!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Awful connectivity right now: launcher just sits there for about 5 minutes seemingly doing nothing. If I eventually manage to get into the game there is a very high chance that the server will "time out" when I try to switch characters. Oddly this so-called "timeout" is instant. This is with a gold account that has "priority login" as one of its advertised features...
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    shevet wrote: »
    Getting the same problem... and, despite my disabling patching-on-demand, it is now 1% of the way into a huge patch, and shows no signs of wanting to progress.

Obviously, even though it is affecting other people, and even though my other Internet use is unaffected, it must be my connection. It's never Cryptic's servers. The armchair diagnosticians say so, and of course they are never wrong.

It's not as simple as an here and there issue.... this is the internet... you're going through multiple nodes before reaching your destination and same with returning communication. Hence why they ask for things such as tracerts and pathpings and such. It's not an accusation that something is wrong with your computer.
  • Options
    proteus22proteus22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    same problem here in eastern nc catch get past the patch
  • Options
    cellic1701cellic1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cant log in,it says connecting then claims i dont have a internet connection then it sits on the launcher not doing anything.
  • Options
    stuartlarkinstuartlarkin Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same won't connect here and was dropping out every 5 mins last night
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'd advise anyone who is having connection problems to follow this: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1192081

The fact that we don't have mass amounts of people posting that the server is down means that it's not the server's connection at all.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    dlighted12dlighted12 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    <snip>
    The fact that we don't have mass amounts of people posting that the server is down means that it's not the server's connection at all.

Or they don't bother to post to the forums and their attention is spent elsewhere.
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yep, something is up for me as well. Went to Server Not Responding a moment ago and now can't log back into STO.
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I also cannot even get past the launcher at the moment.
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    It's not as simple as an here and there issue.... this is the internet... you're going through multiple nodes before reaching your destination and same with returning communication. Hence why they ask for things such as tracerts and pathpings and such. It's not an accusation that something is wrong with your computer.

I know what the Internet is, thank you very much. I have been around this here series of tubes for a very long time indeed.

I'm in the UK. Another person reporting the same problem is in North Carolina. I don't know where the others are, but it seems reasonable to assume that the one thing all our multifarious routes through the net have in common... is the destination we're trying to access: Cryptic's servers. Certainly, you can appeal to the long arm of coincidence, if you wish, but don't expect me to take it seriously.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    jonnescoutsjonnescouts Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'd advise anyone who is having connection problems to follow this: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1192081

Maybe it doesn't, but the fact that there are 6 people in our fleets team speak channel right now, and only on of us can get in does. We are not from the same region either, so something is wrong.
  • Options
    warborgwarborg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Unable to connect to patch server here... And it most assuredly is not my 'net connection vegeta50024... :P