test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's up with the servers?

Comments

• skymagus00skymagus00 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same problem here, same problem with Neverwinter, too. Oh, and Neverwinter has a new module out today (equivalent of episodes for us)... I suspect it's the same patch server, crashed out due to high patch demands for the new Neverwinter module. If I recall correctly, Neverwinter crashed STO when it was first launched, too.

Edit: Aww, ninja'ed.
  • wilai29#4617 wilai29 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I guess an employee spilled coffee on the servers, Here is the result <Click>
  • tkgeruktkgeruk Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm in now, try and see if it works for you.
    in where? Your old lady doesnt count you know? :P
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    the occasional server problem happens other then the weekly patch or every other week, there hasnt been much wrong with the servers in that time other then the occasional blip as stated.

your making a mountain out of nothing.

however if you are having internet issues this area is not the correct place for it on this forums, find the "pc, network, and other tech. problems" subsection.

Your efforts to deflect fail. It's all on the Cryptic side. The "Rise of Tiamat" release in Neverwinter today has borked everything much in the same way as an expansion here screws other games up. You work for them, or what?
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Was able to get the launch window, but I'm stuck on "Connecting..." at the moment.

No dough it's a problem on their side. Their having server problems. And I'm just ready to finish up Mirror Invasion today.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,442 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dakaan750 wrote: »
    I guess an employee spilled coffee on the servers, Here is the result <Click>
    That wasn't the server, though - that was the head of the IT tech when he found out someone had spilled coffee on the server.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    From @trekonlinegame a few minutes ago:

"We're currently looking into the current connectivity issues that players are facing with the launcher. We'll update you with more news!"
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • brwjames85brwjames85 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    we'd be less upset if at least someone overthere acknowledges they have problem...

I'd be happy with a simple "Sorry for the inconvenience". Letting us in the dark, and pretending it isn't there, won't solve anything.
    Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!
    edited November 2014
    One the next downtime i will start posting weird japanese movies :mad:
    edited November 2014
    brwjames85 wrote: »
    we'd be less upset if at least someone overthere acknowledges they have problem...

I'd be happy with a simple "Sorry for the inconvenience". Letting us in the dark, and pretending it isn't there, won't solve anything.

What weird wizard speak is that?!?

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 66 seconds.

Hmm m'kay...

>>>> Cryptic requires that you wait 12 months between zen purchases, Please try again in 11 months, 29 days and 23 hours <<<
  • kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    **Maybe this will get their attention**

I was going to spend some real world money to buy some Zen, but since I can't log in, I'm going to spend my money elsewhere.

;)
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Got a CTD when entering Bug Hunt Adv. and after that, it tries to connect, but get an error message stating that it can't connect.

Really Cryptic, get some better server hardware, this is getting old real fast...
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Finally back in business. Thank You.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I know a great many people will declare that Steamcharts shouldn't be used as a reference tool due to its lack of inclusion of stand-alone and Arc clients, but I think it's safe to say that the Steam player count dropping like a rock to zero over the past two hours is probably accurately indicative that this is affecting more than a few people, unlike what some of the people earlier in the thread were claiming.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,911 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have an issue with the patch server. killed and reloaded steam and got the login, but it locks out at the game screen displaying CRYPTIC
    sig.jpg
    edited November 2014
    mugat0 wrote: »
    lIt's ISIS

They hit the STO servers then gain access to your accounts.
    If it was, then people would end up decapitated, crucified or shot in the back, and then their wives and daughters would be sold to other IS people.

:rolleyes:
  • mm06360mm06360 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've been getting a "Unable to connect to patch server" every time I tried to log in.
  • cavalierroycavalierroy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My game is stuck on patching, just saying connecting.:mad:
  • corpsageddoncorpsageddon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ditto- I've got past the login twice.

First time, the launcher did nothing.

Second, STO loaded but decided to timeout before getting past the "Cryptic" bit of the game proper.

Kinda miffed since I only need one token to get the Mirror event bonuses
  • calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Guys! Guys! I'm sure it's just a problem at your end.
  • braxxjuventabraxxjuventa Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    server not responding..... AGAIN!!! :mad:
  • cavalierroycavalierroy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm so close to moving up to a new rank getting my new ship, just a few more thousand skill points (would already have achieved that rank earlier but been new to the game I didn't know if you was away from your keyboard for to long you get a penalty awarded). Game just got to the cryptic screen and timed out, so close yet so far away. Will try a restart if anyone can confirm the game is loading fine for them?
  • cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Finally got to the log in server but the damnn thing crashed on ther load screen again
  • ajofwajofw Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Was playing just fine up until about 10minutes ago when the game was switching map, and it just stopped patching/responding.

Managed to get the launcher up and going after numerous attempts, and it then crashed out, and closed before I could fill in the crash report tool.

Currently trying to login, as I am hoping to hit rank 50 this evening.
    edited November 2014
    calamintha wrote: »
    Guys! Guys! I'm sure it's just a problem at your end.
    I've actually been told that from their "network" after Season Four: Misfire kept taking me to the blue screen of death. It turned out it had to do with aspects of their "forced" teaming, join fleet and friend request commands + audio issues which I had to adjust at the log in screen in the Options section. After I fixed THEIR problems after about a year of no help from them, I was able to play again.

Needless to say, after that, I stopped spending real world money. 3yrs later, I'm still waiting for "Storm Shade" or whoever he was to get back to me about my crash issues like he said he would. Lol - yeah right!

• brwjames85brwjames85 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kain9prime wrote: »
    If it was, then people would end up decapitated, crucified or shot in the back, and then their wives and daughters would be sold to other IS people.

hmm, what if we have TRIBBLE players... what would IS do with their spouses? :P
    Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!
  • braxxjuventabraxxjuventa Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    brwjames85 wrote: »
    hmm, what if we have TRIBBLE players... what would IS do with their spouses? :P

Feed them to the people who say "ni" Muahahahahaha
  • ravenmorpheus2kravenmorpheus2k Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm having this same problem.

From the looks of the time stamp on the OP this has been going on all day.

Would hope it gets resolved soon...