test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Dominance, Arrogance and Hypocrisy

Comments

• freenos85freenos85 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So he says that folks shouldn't stereotype...and you want to use that logic to spin it around on him by stereotyping?

Yeah...um...

What? Have you read some of his other posts? The guy is nearly constantly generalizing, making his statement about "not wanting to generalize all feds and stop generalizing all KDF players" a tad hypocritical.
    So i used basic logic and spun my nonsense argument in the very first reply in this thread even further. I am literally *facepalming* right now. You know, generalizing is bad, m'kay.
  • riyottsariyottsa Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    House of Beautiful Orions, the main and most successful KDF pvp fleet over the past 2 years.
    Due to the KDF being smaller most of the KDF pvpers join our fleet and since KDF are the "bad guys" we are seen as the "bad guy" fleet. Feds do everything and more that KDF pvpers and our fleet specifically is bashed for, but since they are spread out among many fleets and we are just one KDF fleet we get all the attention.

First off, I would like to point out that Hax Pandas, in your definition of most successful, was the "top" KDF PvP fleet. As we were Pandas, just KDF side, and we were clearly better than HoBOs in PvP. Yes, I just claimed Pandas were better than HoBOs; and preemptively shutting you down: if you don't wish to hear the truth, don't make posts like this and get all smug over a video game. And please, don't read what you want and see this bit as saying we are the best at PvP, I'm just saying we're better than you. Mostly because we were just here to have fun, play games, and say gg. Any fleet that doesn't reduce themselves to HoBO levels is better than you.

Nerds of Prey was one of the largest KDF fleets and they are not seen as the "bad guys". This may have something to do with the fleet having decent human beings in their fleet. But when you have a fleet that allows your members to spurt out homophobic remarks, racism, and hate-speech with nothing of consequence done then you're seen as one of these fleets. Any other fleet with decent leadership would kick out anyone who would say such things, whereas yours does not. So that is why you're seen as a "bad guy" fleet, not because you're KDF.

Of course I do not believe you'll be able to understand any of which I just typed and as such you'll just give us a normal HoBO remark we've all come to expect of you. BUT REALLY, the point of this post was to help you understand why there is so much disdain for your fleet, except individuals in your fleet. If you can't look inward and recognize this I don't know how you'll excel or even survive in life. Really the best anyone here could hope for members of your feet is to grow up and recognize this and just feel completely awful about how you are. This post really is designed to help you see that, and not as a troll. But take it as you will.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    riyottsa wrote: »
    Nerds of Prey was one of the largest KDF fleets and they are not seen as the "bad guys".

I nearly wet myself laughing at this...Goonies not seen as bad guys? LMFAO...

Sorry to have snipped it like that. Cause there was the good point about how certain members of HoBOs really just drag the image of the fleet down into the gutter and all of that...it's mind-boggling how some of those guys can play together, because some of them are at such extremes from one another. Just had to add in the apology...took a moment, because I did really burst out laughing about the Goonies.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Jacob, James, and John are hanging out. John's a tool. Do you treat Jacob and James as if they were tools just because their names begin with J as well? No, you treat John like a tool...

Jacob, James, and John cannot choose what their names are.

But one can choose what fleet appears above their character name. And they join this one willingly knowing that there are a number of disreputable people within it. They are also free to leave at any time.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Jacob, James, and John cannot choose what their names are.

In what country?
  • imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is too funny to not read! How some people can be so petty and insulting towards eachother in a game is beyond me :confused:
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    In what country?

i guess he refers on the simple fact that names are more likely given in the first place than chosen :D;).
    edited November 2014
    wast33 wrote: »
    i guess he refers on the simple fact that names are more likely given in the first place than chosen :D;).

All these threads, meh, they're starting to blur together like a bad episode of Ker'rat chat where some loner/farmer got ganked by organized folks and have to cry/rage about it. They're doing an awesome job of getting organized to rip into them on the forums...if they put a quarter of that effort into organizing themselves in the game, they wouldn't be on the forums whining about it.

Cause it's easy enough to picture the folks from Ker'rat that will group up to go at it with HoBOs and any KDF there - blowing each other up, talking trash, and having a blast...and then picturing the folks that probably need mommy to come change their diapers cause they're going all AGK. And well, the threads reek more of the latter than the former.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All these threads, meh, they're starting to blur together like a bad episode of Ker'rat chat where some loner/farmer got ganked by organized folks and have to cry/rage about it. They're doing an awesome job of getting organized to rip into them on the forums...if they put a quarter of that effort into organizing themselves in the game, they wouldn't be on the forums whining about it.

Cause it's easy enough to picture the folks from Ker'rat that will group up to go at it with HoBOs and any KDF there - blowing each other up, talking trash, and having a blast...and then picturing the folks that probably need mommy to come change their diapers cause they're going all AGK. And well, the threads reek more of the latter than the former.

... maybe they all just realized that macros and alpha-with-whatever-keybinds are dull and start to realize there's a lot more keys to press on the forums without them blowing up yay :D...

feel ya lol.. may this game needs something like an age-accredititation(?) for accounts... or a trekkie test to let em join at all :D...

couldn't resist. i really hope numbers in the q's get back to "normal" when everyone grinded it out. just as cryptic gets it, but due to we all know that won't ever happen.... yeah, get some diapers :D
  • dius1981dius1981 Member Posts: 500
    edited November 2014
    dius1981 wrote: »
    WE DONT NEED TO BE NICE YOU CLOWN.
    WE ****IN OWN KERRAT!!!

Don't like that, either don't come to Ker'rat or find another game. Plenty more dumbass FEDs to use our 'OP hax' on.

D,

I wholeheartedly agree with this...

PUNISH THE FEDs

D,
    OMEGA ARMADA & House of Beautiful Orions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please keep the QQ to a minimum.
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
    >>>Positive Feedback from a PvE HERO<<<
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2014
    pvp has been this way for years in one way or another nothing new here

make the other guy helpless.......then kill
    or de cloak and insta kill.......

The Fleet or faces might be new...The broken mechanic's are still the same

cryptic just needs more Noobs to cycle thru the mess of pvp to keep it alive because once thru it most never go or look back at it...Its just that bad................
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited November 2014
    This is certainly disgusting and I hoped you reported him.

However, and I never thought I would be defending HOBOs, you can't judge an entire fleet based on one moron's personal messages to you. Sure they love smack talking, it's all part of the big bad boy act, they are good at pvp for sure, they are organised and effective, but they rub people up the wrong way and that's intentional. I myself have been mightily pissed off by HOBOs in the past and I've had lengthy discussions with Marc over it, at least I think it was him, but if they were to change the way they act then they wouldn't be the fleet they are.

What they do need to do is kick out anybody with such disgusting beliefs as the guy you posted above, that goes beyond the pale. If they wish to tone down their insults and prevarication a little then that would help, but it's up to them. They certainly aren't responsible for the mess PvP is in but they probably are partially responsible for the empty Kerrat zones. If I'm on my Klink in there I would choose not to team with them personally, I go for the warriors code, the code of honour amongst warriors, not the childish smack talk we tend to see from many of them.

Qapla'

You're right, I can't judge an entire fleet based on one moron's personal messages to me. I can however judge an entire fleet when a majority of them I've encountered thus far, behave approximately as offensively. Thus far, I've ignored Kell, Noin, CryoX, killzone, goon of the dead, Sjofn, and really, far too many additional names to keep listing them... all for being insufferable prats in Kerrat zone chat or otherwise. It's a definite and undeniable pattern. It's not a "bad boy act" - it's being simple arseholes.

And yeah, I've reported the TRIBBLE a bunch of times over the past few months. He's still here, which goes to show how much Cryptic cares about keeping its community clean.
    I AM WAR.
    edited November 2014
    I nearly wet myself laughing at this...Goonies not seen as bad guys? LMFAO...

Sorry to have snipped it like that. Cause there was the good point about how certain members of HoBOs really just drag the image of the fleet down into the gutter and all of that...it's mind-boggling how some of those guys can play together, because some of them are at such extremes from one another. Just had to add in the apology...took a moment, because I did really burst out laughing about the Goonies.

As a member of Nerds of Prey/Starfleet Dental, it is extremely comical, but also sad that I have to point this out to a fleet that doesn't understand why everyone hates them.

Also the fact that we've done more for the whole STO community than the Devs ever have.
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Also the fact that we've done more for the whole STO community than the Devs ever have.

wat? wait. What? no that is not right. WAIT WHAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!

Hyperbole is rarely pretty, devs built the game so unless you built an private server with content not on holodeck I'm pretty sure the part that I quoted will forever an untruth.

Oh yes I know. It is hip to be mean to Cryptic right now but I was never hip.
    edited November 2014
    wat? wait. What? no that is not right. WAIT WHAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!

Hyperbole is rarely pretty, devs built the game so unless you built an private server with content not on holodeck I'm pretty sure the part that I quoted will forever an untruth.

Oh yes I know. It is hip to be mean to Cryptic right now but I was never hip.

I did not say content. I did, however, mean the services and helpfulness of NoP Public Service. Cryptic didn't even build the game, Atari developers did. So yes, in my opinion, we have done more for the STO community than Cryptic has.
  • giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I did not say content. I did, however, mean the services and helpfulness of NoP Public Service. Cryptic didn't even build the game, Atari developers did. So yes, in my opinion, we have done more for the STO community than Cryptic has.

Surely you did more than PWE.
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Tal,

The gist of your previous post:

- You are not deflecting
    - Other people engage in abuse as well
    - You don't claim your fleets conduct to be OK, and you don't have the power to control it anyway
    - You don't care anyway.
    - Little interest in backing up statements, claims, evidence and such TRIBBLE etc... since, you know, you don't care enough.
    - You ask to be spared.

Honestly, I was hoping for a bit more... substance. Oh well.

Since you claim you don't care and ask to spare you, there is only a weak basis for an argument debate with a potentially fruitful outcome.

You say things like "I'm not going to get all wound up about it" and "in the end that doesn't bother me at all". Understand though, some members of your fleet have repeatingly produced unreasonable emotional outbursts, alienating so many people. Hissy fits, adult temper tantrums, outright hysterical panic reactions, yet claiming "meh, it didn't bother me", c'mon how does that fit? If Hobos don't care, what's up with all this over-the-top roid-rage?

I may have had disagreements with other people. In most cases though, differences usually had a somewhat 'adult' nature. But with some Hobos... the sheer amount of expletives, nasty homophobic sailor-style cursing, it's like dealing with badly brought-up teenagers. It's very irritating.

Just look at this example:
    skurf wrote:
    You are the biggest ****ing dumbass mother****ing drunkass dip**** TRIBBLE this game has ever seen. You can't ****ing remember what happened yesterday, much less a year ago. Your ****ing ****drunk reply about zenith messaging me and me making **** up has already been disproven by a Sad Panda (Min) in this very thread admitting that the current Pandas were not allowed to play against us because you're all a bunch of ****ing pussass mother****ers. Go shove that empty vodka bottle sitting on your desk up your TRIBBLE, TRIBBLE in it, and eat your own **** you ****ing stupid **** of a ****ing **** **** mother****ing ****face dip**** alcoholic dumbass piece of ****. [Original post here]

The frightening thing is, this comes from one of the more reasonable Hobos. I am not kidding.

I get it though. It's tough, if someone wants to play KDF PvP what is he supposed to do? Right now, it's either Hobos or you don't need to bother with KDF PvP at all. So, in that sense, I really feel sorry for some people. Hobos who say things like "...[they] do stupid things but they won't ever own up to their mistakes. It just won't happen." or " [Hobo member] has always been a sore loser and an even worse winner." They don't like it, but they don't feel they have another choice but to stick with what they've got.

Regards,

HanK
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• hausofmartokhausofmartok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This thread is TRIBBLE. No fleet is responsible for PvP being in the state it is. Cryptic is solely responsible for neglecting it and completely FUBAR'ing it beyond all recognition.
    I really don't know why anyone cares about this drama. It's so childish. Peeps can't have fun pvp in the game anymore so they're doing personal attack pvp?
  • usshannibalusshannibal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    skurf wrote: »
    You are the biggest ****ing dumbass mother****ing drunkass dip**** TRIBBLE this game has ever seen. You can't ****ing remember what happened yesterday, much less a year ago. Your ****ing ****drunk reply about zenith messaging me and me making **** up has already been disproven by a Sad Panda (Min) in this very thread admitting that the current Pandas were not allowed to play against us because you're all a bunch of ****ing pussass mother****ers. Go shove that empty vodka bottle sitting on your desk up your TRIBBLE, TRIBBLE in it, and eat your own **** you ****ing stupid **** of a ****ing **** **** mother****ing ****face dip**** alcoholic dumbass piece of ****.

LeL, I remember that post, one of the few replies in sto pvp forums that made me laugh so hard until my jaws were hurting :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=Hannibal - Inner Circle PvP-Department=-
    Hannibal's YouTube PvP-channel (under construction)
    More Inner Circle PvP-Action worth watching from: Hank, Mira Theng and Zimbilimbim
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wow ... this thread. Its like watching an implosion in slow motion matrix-style. :D
  • therealhippotherealhippo Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ten pages in and still a complete lack of acknowledgement from anyone in _THAT_ KDF fleet that they have serious problems.

Yet there are many that agree with my original points and then you have the outrageous racist comments, to which nothing has been done. Any self respecting fleet would have shown that guy the door instantly.

But then I guess that is what drives them, a lack of self respect.
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ten pages in and still a complete lack of acknowledgement from anyone in _THAT_ KDF fleet that they have serious problems.

Yet there are many that agree with my original points and then you have the outrageous racist comments, to which nothing has been done. Any self respecting fleet would have shown that guy the door instantly.

But then I guess that is what drives them, a lack of self respect.

On a side note, are you actually a real hippo?

We can still be friends either way.
    edited November 2014
    thissler wrote: »

May I have your attention please?
    May I have your attention please?
    Will the real Hungry Hungry Hippo please stand up?
    I repeat, will the real Hungry Hungry Hippo please stand up?
    We're gonna have a problem here...
  • therealhippotherealhippo Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thissler wrote: »

Yes. Yes I am.
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes. Yes I am.

Is it true that while hippos posses an almost unnatural grace and beauty submerged in the gentle rivers that they name 'home' that they also are almost as rapid as a cheetah for short distances over land?

Perhaps if chasing a muffin?

As was traditional on the prehistoric forerunners of modern forums, I leave this link as payment for consideration in this regard.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Okay, again...

Repeat after me... We do not Forum PvP. We do not troll. We do not flame.

Closed.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.