test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So what would you like to see Cryptic do this week?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yavery wrote: »
    Fix the god awful ranks systems so it's closer to the spirit of the canon without all the admirals and generals (insane number of temporary battlefield promotions?!) running all over the place constantly and so people could also personalize their ranks a little bit more. Something like this maybe.

Star Trek Online Alternative Ranks:

Federation:

Cadet/Crewperson/Officer = Cadet/Ensign -- no insignia *
    Chief Officer/Ensign = Lieutenant -- single stripe/chevron on sleeves *
    Master Chief/Second Lieutenant = Lieutenant Commander -- two stripes/chevrons on sleeves **
    First Lieutenant/Lieutenant = Commander -- one pip/mark on collar ***
    Lieutenant Commander = Captain -- two pips/marks on collar ****
    Commander = Rear Admiral (Lower Half) -- two full pips/marks and one empty pip/mark on collar *****
    Captain = Rear Admiral (Upper Half) -- three pips/marks on collar *****
    Veteran Captain = Vice Admiral -- three full pips/marks on collar and one empty pip/mark *****
    Fleet Captain/Lieutenant Colonel = Admiral -- four pips/marks on collar *****
    Commodore/Colonel = Fleet Admiral -- bronze star on chest and/or shoulders *****

NPC only ranks:

Rear Admiral = Rear Admiral Lower Half -- two silver stars on collar, chest, or shoulders
    Senior Rear Admiral = Rear Admiral Upper Half -- two gold stars on collar, chest, or shoulders
    Vice Admiral -- three silver stars on collar, chest, or shoulders
    Admiral -- three gold stars on collar, chest, or shoulders
    Fleet Admiral -- four stars on collar, chest, or shoulders

* Tier 1
    ** Tier 2
    *** Tier 3
    **** Tier 4
    ***** Tier 5

Klingon:

Bekk/Warrior = Warrior
    Sergeant = Lieutenant
    Lieutenant = Lieutenant Commander
    Lieutenant Commander = Commander
    Commander = Captain
    Captain = Brigadier General
    Major = Major General
    Lieutenant Colonel = Lieutenant General
    Colonel = General
    Swordmaster/Brigadier = Dahar Master

NPC only ranks:

Brigadier General
    Commander General
    Major General
    General
    Dahar Master

Romulan:

Watchman/Watchwoman = Citizen
    Uhlan/Guardsman/Guardswoman = Lieutenant
    Sublieutenant = Centurion
    Lieutenant = Subcommander
    Centurian = Commander
    Subcommander = Subadmiral I
    Commander = Subadmiral II
    Major/Lieutenant Colonel = Vice Admiral
    Subadmiral I/Colonel = Admiral
    Subadmiral II/Sergeant Major = Fleet Admiral

NPC only ranks:

Vice Admiral
    Admiral
    Vice Marshal
    Marshal
    Supreme Commander/Fleet Marshal

This I don't like I busted my rear to get to level 60 and I want me Fleet Admiral rank
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Fix non-xbox Joystick and controller support.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    tanuustanuus Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1. Fix Infected ground. PLEASE.

2. Fix Derpfera. How long are you gonna let this go?

3. Fleet Admiral pips. I know it's not real high on priority list, but how much work could it be, and how many ppl would you make happy?

4. More fleet ranks. Top two ranks in fleet, sometimes 3 for some fleets are used as fleet officers. Not everyone wants to be that involved, and that leaves only 4 or 5 rank to work through. Give players something more to work for in fleet ranks, and it would affect nothing within the game.

5.Well, I'm not gonna push my luck. Those 4 would make me happy. For now anyway.

I actually commend Cryptic for 11/6's patch. There was a lot of good stuff there. But PLEASE fix at least IGA and Defera.....
  • Options
    maskedmarvel1maskedmarvel1 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I would like to see them lose the words *character bound* especially when it comes to rep things , Im not suggesting you should be able to just ship of a reputation set to any other character , but to another character who has completed the rep ..why not ? Like my main guy , he's a fed engineer and he has nuke marks coming out of his ears , but ive never felt the nuke vibe for him . but then theres my sci captain , she's also completed the nukara rep and I wouldn't mind getting the nuke gear for her but she's mark poor , why not let my engi cap send her all his nuke marks , it would save me a lot of time grinding for more of the things.
  • Options
    narrheehawnarrheehaw Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No, XP is going as planned, and now Dilithium counts have gone to inflated heights.

Crafting needs a good nerf, epics can be made to fast, and the gain for rarity is to high, very bad balance there.

The elite ques are still good, the advanced not to shabby "for those", and the easy, meh.
    This, is the goal, of narrheehaw
    It's mission, to destroy new worlds and civilizations
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And to boldly ruin, what no one has ruined before.
  • Options
    silverrain79silverrain79 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Boost skillpoint rewards, including the skillpoints earned via doffing that you nerfed as well, boost dilithium *again*, fix the loadouts that have NEVER worked right since launch, and why *exactly* do we not have ground loadouts? Not that those would work either... And I thought the new EP said he was going to be all about fixing old bugs and improving the game? I don't think I've seen a single old bug fixed since he said that, other than some text changes and some stealth nerfs on "exploits".

And for the love of all that's holy... Fix the graphics and direct x compatibility issues!!! This game has bluescreened my computer 3 times since DR launched, and even when that doesn't happen why exactly does STO make Firefox crash every time I log in?! :mad:
    Delirium Tremens
    XO of Training
    Tier 5 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy, Tier 3 Dilithium Mine, Tier 3 Spire
    Join us at www.dtfleet.com
  • Options
    yaveryyavery Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    This I don't like I busted my rear to get to level 60 and I want me Fleet Admiral rank

I'd at least like to see more diversity in the ranks available per tier. It could also be that you'd retain the old ranking system if you want and the new ranks could be completely voluntary. Kind of like how you can belong to both the U.S. Army and the Army of the United States and have separate ranks for each service, that is you could be a Captain in Federation Starfleet and an Admiral in Starfleet of the Federation.

Similarly, Klingons could have separate ranks in whatever House they belong to and also in the Klingon Empire. For Romulans it would probably be Planetary Militia ranks in addition to their rank in the Republic military. Same thing for the Tal Shiar and the Star Empire's military on the NPC side, I suppose.

Another way to look at it would simply be that the brevit promotions to Admiral/General level are related to the temporary post you hold and not connected to your permanent rank, like a Lieutenant technically being the Captain of a starship. This wouldn't even require additional voice acting for NPCs to address your character correctly as everyone would have either the orginal ranks or both the original ranks and the new ones.

Even if everyone who is in command of a ship just had the option of switching their displayed rank (in addition to title) to Executive Officer, or Captain, or Commander, or whatever, it be a big improvement for game immersion.