test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So what would you like to see Cryptic do this week?

Comments

• Options
    crappynamerulescrappynamerules Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Fix the HP and shield scaling (along with resists for each) after level 50 to make more sense with the players' potential damage gains. Namely, make the percentage of gain match the players' potential damage gain. No one's damage has doubled or more from getting 60 in delta rising and upgrading their stuff. But all the NPC ships seem to have gained far more than that in HP.
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All suggestions below are important and need to be done for the betterment of both the players/game and Cryptic/PWE's profits.

What Cryptic urgently needs to do this week to get the game back on track is:

:Reduce the time it takes to level from 50 to 60 (it's quite clear players aren't liking this and it shows, especially players with many characters)

:Increase Specialization XP earned by "at least" 3 fold

:Unlock T6 Star ship traits to make them both Account-Wide unlocks/usable and Cross Faction unlocks/usable. E.g., if a KDF player buys a federation T6 ship and unlocks the trait of that ship it should be usable on his KDF ship and vice versa.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    :Reduce the time it takes to level from 50 to 60 (it's quite clear players aren't liking this and it shows, especially players with many characters)

LOL. Wasn't Specgate over people going 17x too fast?! You can easily get from 50-60 in the space of a single day (one person posted here, saying he did it in 3.5 hours even). No need to even reduce that 1 day.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    LOL. Wasn't Specgate over people going 17x too fast?! You can easily get from 50-60 in the space of a single day (one person posted here, saying he did it in 3.5 hours even). No need to even reduce that 1 day.

I find that hard to believe. I am open to checking out the proof of this super fast post-Delta-Rising leveling though if you feel the need to post it.

That said, if speed was an issue, a compromise is in order then, something along the lines of the rep sponsorship but in a form of an XP boost for a reasonably fast accelerated leveling of alts. First character leveled is at normal pace, all other alts could then be quick leveled.

I find this to be fair. Cryptic does like to count number of character activations when boasting about player numbers, only fair players should get to keep using those characters like they always have and not feel locked out of them due to the far far slower leveling to get all of them and any new ones to 60.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1) Fix the tray bug

2) Make advanced optionals optional and up the rewards (but leave HPs and difficulty as they are)

3) Add Delta Marks to the Mirror Universe.

Okay that's it. This is Cryptic and I don't want to stretch their abilities much beyond that. Do that and we may end up breaking the game totally. Lets keep it simple.
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not to take away specc points again.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Give fleet tier 5u an extra lt cmdr ability.

Lessen dilithium prices for upgrading color.

Give back the old xp rewards.

Boost advanced and elite dilithium rewards.

Make elite content doable with mk 14 gold non dps builds.
  • Options
    trekkietravistrekkietravis Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    1) Fix the tray bug

2) Make advanced optionals optional and up the rewards (but leave HPs and difficulty as they are)

3) Add Delta Marks to the Mirror Universe.

Okay that's it. This is Cryptic and I don't want to stretch their abilities much beyond that. Do that and we may end up breaking the game totally. Lets keep it simple.

These should definitely be the top 3!
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    XP back to what it was a month ago so I can play alts again instead of being expected to grind like mad.

Advanced difficulty back to a reasonable level of HP instead of being DPS Online (it should still be puggable by 5 total strangers).

A pony made of diamonds. (Same odds as the other two)
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited November 2014
    That those people that have to play the game with a MAC are given some indication of when they may be able to do so again

Thank you. :)

XP losses and loadout bugs can certainly be a interest-killer, but not being able to play (or being afraid to even log in, because you're almost certainly you won't stay in-game for long) is ridiculous. :(
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    j0hn41j0hn41 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    6. Normal STF difficulty(mirror etc) should be scaled up by 50% (the current normal could be called training mode or something and give very limited rewards as it is ridiculously easy and zero challenge to all but the noobiest of noobs

Ugh, Please don't make normal take any longer. It's almost tolerable now after the last reduction. Besides, I figure the description "noobiest of noobs" probably fits 70% of the player base.

That said, I do agree with with your other points.
  • Options
    trek801trek801 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1. Fix STF's as follows:
    A. Make optionals optional.
    B. Restore normal & adanced to the pre- DR normal and elite missions. Leave the current elite
    alone.
    C. Increase rewards as OP stated.

2. Fix the XP to pre DR levels.

3. Fix the tray bug.

4. Ask for input from your customers for things we would actually like to spend our money on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1) Fix the Advanced queues - revert the rewards/difficulty back to pre-DR.
    2) Increase XP across the board
    3) Fix the loadouts.
    4) Tease the "saved" batches of content that are coming
    5) Release the Voyager bridge pack (after they've done the above)
  • Options
    historynerd1historynerd1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I would like to see the sector Borg invasion alerts fixed, though they've been broken for early two years. Since DR, it's highly improbable to face the boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Go and have a wee, the second act gets considerably weirder." -Tim Minchin
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Making the virus uplands in Infected Manus Advanced possible again would help a lot and make the map usable again for anything else than levelling purposes via respawning tac drones. Even though the fact that Captain Ogen has been turned into a female elite drone after three years leads to a very interesting plot twist it could use some explanation as well.

As far as space maps are concerned I request the following in a tongue which could be understood by cryptic devs a bit better:

Advanced Difficulty:
    * Hitpoint values @ Level 60 reduced to ~70% of current Holodeck values
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    fix the LOADOUT, LOADOUT, LOADOUT, LOADOUT

i have changed my ground kit and now impossible to switch from a map to an other; each time, my space loadout is screwed up.

some rep skills are loaded, and i don't even use them: example refracting tetryon cascade.
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    f9thretxc wrote: »
    My main concerns are for pugs.

3 suggestions,
    remove Optional = Failure on advanced.
    or
    Reduce Hit points of ships on advanced, allowing pugs to still do it with Optionals
    or
    Simply give one of the resources on normal, bnp for example, and keep advanced how it is.

I just want to see more pilots out there , like we used to.

this is all i want ^^
    XP back to what it was a month ago so I can play alts again instead of being expected to grind like mad.
    wasn't xp a month ago doubled in preparation for delta?

If that's so then i dont think it should be back to that.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,426 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Did someone mention upgrading the type-3 phaser rifle yet?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Make the VR R&D mats drop on normal queues if they are goinig to leave everything with so much HP.

I was hoping for bad guys that used abilities or objectives that made team coordination more necessary, not lazily adding a ton of HPs to eeverything and calling it a day.

Dilithium rewards should be 480/960/1920 for normal/advanced/elite.

Stories should give at least 5,000 XP even on repeat. If I need so much XP then at least let me use WHAT IS ALREADY IN THE GAME to get it.

I don't mind grinding, I really don't. But I do expect more than peanuts for completing a mission. I have been getting most of my XPs through the DOFF missions because I am simply too bored of the same old content to grind it again for XP. These patrol missions are uninspired and more of the same, boring. Maybe I have been around too long.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I would like to see them put the Advanced Ques back to how they were pre-DR.

Difficulty and rewards.

I actually believe if they don't, it will kill the game. Once people are finished with the new DR story line and the Mirror Event is over there is nothing for players to do endgame.

The ques need to be fixed or the mass exodus of players will soon become fatal. I don't want to see that happen.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Change the Starship Traits to accountwide unlocks.
    It would add some incentive to get the DR Pack for Rom and KDF players.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Might as well chime in as well.

1) fix the loadout tray

2) take the pre-DR elite STFs and drop them into the Advanced slot with no modification. Once people start playing them again, THEN start adjusting them to make them challenging SLOWLY.

3) Revert the dilithium payouts on STFs so normals are 480, advanced are 960 and elite are 1440. Anything less makes them not worth playing.

4) add Delta marks to the daily rewards for the MU, as well as to the final prize box.

5) cut the costs of the R&D system by half

6) looking forward, keep in mind the objective of the game is to HAVE FUN. Not grind.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What I would like to see:

1) Add another source for Delta Reputation Artifacts (Ancient Power Cells?) other than queued content. Kobali Prime should also be a viable source for it.

2) Increasing skill point rewards for queued content. (Maybe a daily mission? Or based on average play-time?)

3) Raise Dilithium Payouts for Queued content. I see no reason for the previous reduction, really. Especially with the 1-hour lockouts you get anyway. Maybe they should determine the average play time of each queue and adjust the reward accordingly. Don't we have something like that for Foundry missions already?
    valenn1 wrote: »
    Change the Starship Traits to accountwide unlocks.
    It would add some incentive to get the DR Pack for Rom and KDF players.

Oh, I like this idea. Supported. :)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This week I want cryptic to redo the reveal scene in magic mike.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    britalmightybritalmighty Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have 6 characters with advanced fleet mk 12 gear and I simply cannot damage enemies on normal difficulty. I was a casual player who used to love the game, but since DR My weapons are like water pistols and 1 enemy in the deferi daily (1 standard enemy) on normal difficulty was impossible to take out the sheilds..it felt like the NPCs had god mode on. PLease reduce the sclae of the bloated HP of shields for NORMAL difficulty enemies and I'll love STO once more...I can't afford to upgrade everything I own to MK14 just so I can fight crazy slow long winded boring missions that put me off.

PLEASE cryptic..Please reduce shield HP for NORMAL DIFFICULTY...I'll re-sub once again and support the game fully if this is sorted.

That is all:)
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1: ) [Insert obligatory bug fix comments here]

2: ) Add a timer to events so we know which characters are due to run them.

Glad I'm only seriously doing Mirror on 4 instead of all 15 of my characters, I would be 3/4 insane now instead of my normal 2/3.
  • Options
    alpharaider47#7707 alpharaider47 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I would like to see Delta Marks added to the Mirror Invasion rewards, as well as a fix to the loadout tray, if possible. I've found a work around for the time being- set both of your ship's loadouts to the same setup while in space.

I would also like to hear some form of update on the Intrepid interior. A player version was hinted at, and it's such a beautiful bridge/interior set. I would really like to know if there are plans for a release in the near future, as well as some word on whether or not we might see an updated Intrepid class along with that.

And of course, because I'm one of those TOS fans you all can't get rid of, I'm always open to a T5U/T6 Connie. Eventually we will wear CBS down with our incessant ranting and threats of throwing excessive amounts of cash at it.
    sFfAcbR.jpg
    STO Beta Test and Launch Veteran