What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

players exploiting the Mirror invasion event

Comments

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Your attitude is the reason people are complaining. If you are the event and not actively participating, then you are in the wrong. YOU are wrecking the experience for everyone else.

Who said I would not be actively participating?

I stated that if I am flying a 15k+ DPS I would likely "pew, pew, pew..." then wait. This is assuming I fly a 15K+ DPS ship which I do not. The ships I fly are basically 4k to 6k DPS depending on the toon. Additionally, I have stated that if the goal is to only get the transporter device, then players in general would take the path of least resistance and that path is the normal queue.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    severe spousal aggro.
    Tell me about it, man! For this there is no counter! :D
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I didn't encounter any leechers so far. :eek:

Although the level of incompetence displayed by the average player is disturbing. :D
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Which is one of the the definitions of afking. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying I'm not AFKing, just explaining why.
    No that is not pulling your own weight. Pulling your own weight means participating the entire length of the event/mission/stf (whatever you teamed up to do) from start to finish. NOT just when you feel like it.

Agree to disagree.

(Unfortunate as I usually do agree with you)

Sorry but we don't earn credit for not acting like a d-bags during other teamed content. :rolleyes:

Not looking for credit, just giving the full picture.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    For the record, I only duck out during the first ten min section. Once the dreadnought shows up I am all in.

You are AFKing.
    I know that probably wouldn't satisfy you, but as far as I am concerned I genuinely feel I am pulling my weight for the reward I am looking for.

You are a leech no matter how you try to justify it.
    p.s. during any other group mission I would never afk and would actively report people who do, but due to the poor design of this mission (at least in regards to the event it is connected to) I make an exception.

Here's your cookie.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    You are AFKing.

Here's your cookie.

read the comment before this. I've already responded to these points.

I'm sorry if people get upset about it, but I have no interest in that section or the marks that it gives so I don't participate in it. The boss is the only section that effects me.

I'm not gonna change the way I do it. I don't feel I am doing anything wrong.

Sorry, the cookie was nice though.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    read the comment before this. I've already responded to these points.

I'm sorry if people get upset about it, but I have no interest in that section or the marks that it gives so I don't participate in it. The boss is the only section that effects me.

I'm not gonna change the way I do it. I don't feel I am doing anything wrong.

Sorry, the cookie was nice though.
    No matter if the first section doesn't interest you, to leave the rest of the team shorthanded is wrong. There is no justification or reason to deliberately leave a team shorthanded in a battle situation. In real life the station (and the rest of the team) would be toast because of people showing up and then not participating in defending the station. And in RL they wouldn't get anything except the satisfaction of helping out someone in need.

There is no respawn in RL.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    echatty wrote: »
    No matter if the first section doesn't interest you, to leave the rest of the team shorthanded is wrong. There is no justification or reason to deliberately leave a team shorthanded in a battle situation. In real life the station (and the rest of the team) would be toast because of people showing up and then not participating in defending the station. And in RL they wouldn't get anything except the satisfaction of helping out someone in need.

There is no respawn in RL.

The flaw in your argument is that this is not real life. That is where the anti-disco ball debate fell down too. lol

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If people are going to AFK at least have the decency of staying by a power generator and hitting the "F" Key every now and then.

We had some TRIBBLE stay cloaked by a power generator just sitting there doing nothing at all, almost cost us the Station power bonus, they didn't even power the generators... I had to swing by in my ship and do that.

I did hear complaints later from their holodeck janitors, I guess they were too busy gettin' busy on their Holodeck to care about the mirror invasion taking place just outside their own ship...

Can we get a DOFF assignment to execute Mirror Universe Spy?

I think we found one....
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    unotetsu wrote: »
    If people are going to AFK at least have the decency of staying by a power generator and hitting the "F" Key every now and then.

We had some TRIBBLE stay cloaked by a power generator just sitting there doing nothing at all, almost cost us the Station power bonus, they didn't even power the generators... I had to swing by in my ship and do that.

I did hear complaints later from their holodeck janitors, I guess they were too busy gettin' busy on their Holodeck to care about the mirror invasion taking place just outside their own ship...

Can we get a DOFF assignment to execute Mirror Universe Spy?

I think we found one....

and what is this so called "bonus" - 5 extra marks?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I hope the twerps AFKing go away as now you can get Delta Marks with the mirror event which saves me running the dreadful "Borg Disconnected" STF once a day per my 4 alts...

So instead of running 4X borg D/c and 4X Mirror invasion event, i can just run the mirror event 4x times and be done per the day and usually if mirror goes well i can get 105 Marks,

105 Delta marks a day...... DROOOOOOL
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    nativejoenativejoe Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    First and formost. it's not an exploit unless they are using a program or something.

Some people are doing this with alot of alts and its a pain in the TRIBBLE. Still...

Even on my worst alts with green doffs and gear I still get some kills in and participate as much as possible. Even if all I'm cabable of doing on this mission is closing rifts after the bad guys have left and triggering gennys.

But I feel I make up for it on my mains because I do each of my mains about 12 times a day and carry the team with scimitar smash-age and my Dyson gw3 gravimetric torp+tricobalt cluster torps and actually doing the mission requirments flawlessly:D
  • Options
    stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Watch...next event there is gonna be a patch note:

During this new event players will get a Captcha pop up that they will have successfully complete every minute. Failure to do this will drop you out of the queue, close your STO account, cancel your internet, and cause a representative from your ISP to come to your house and repeatedly kick you in the genitals.
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You are AFKing.

Here's your cookie.

Agreed. peetapipmac, you're an afker and a leech on your team.

That being said, sometimes yeah, something does happen in mid battle that you just can't avoid. Like parental or spousal aggro. That's so true.
  • Options
    grob44grob44 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have also noticed the players that move out of range and barely fight. I'm also torqued about people that bring the small ships and insist on flying to the mirror cruisers and spend all the time doing little damage and not closing any rifts or protecting the station.
    I don't mind pugs it is just frustrating that one pug will do 50 and the next does 30. The 30 comes from no station protection, no rift closing, no power activating.
    Small ships have a place doing all of the above but don't just fly around like a small bird pew pewing at the mirror cruisers.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    Agreed. peetapipmac, you're an afker and a leech on your team.

That being said, sometimes yeah, something does happen in mid battle that you just can't avoid. Like parental or spousal aggro. That's so true.
    Yeah, stuff happens. I've had a few matches with monster lag where my only means of contributing was to fly int he general direction of the enemy and try to shoot at them, but half the time I was zigzagging aimlessly and not even in firing range.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    palinel69palinel69 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just making a blanket rant about pathetic people that leech off the efforts of others does no good

You need to NAME NAMES

Put a post of the scum doig this, it will have a longterm effect on that player as more and more they are added to ignore lists so you do not get queued with them.

In time they wil sit in the que for days and NEVER get a match because noone will play with them.
  • Options
    grob44grob44 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I understand there may be lag problems, I have had to set all graphics to lowest settings just to play mirror invasion. If your having graphics problems go to the station point at the most mirror ships and just hit fire all weapons button as fast as you can. The hardest thing about a pug in this event is somebody protecting the station.
  • Options
    jtneatjtneat Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yep its not an exploit at all, just an afk idiot leeching. Ive only had 1 person do it to my team and if i see it happen again im posting screenshots displaying their tag and fleet for all to see along with a GM report.

You either play or you don't, its that simple.

Ive been in more lag with my defiant than you've eating meals, so much to the point where i cant see space at all just pure phaser fire overlapping. suck it up or get a new machine that can handle 95% of laggy situations. dont be bringing your cell phone rig to an STO phaser fight.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    stonewbie wrote: »
    Watch...next event there is gonna be a patch note:

During this new event players will get a Captcha pop up that they will have successfully complete every minute. Failure to do this will drop you out of the queue, close your STO account, cancel your internet, and cause a representative from your ISP to come to your house and repeatedly kick you in the genitals.

<- THIS!

Please!

Or how about just reducing the AFK timeout to 2minutes when you are INSIDE of an STF.
  • Options
    phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    well, cryptic could fix this in 2 ways

1 - put a limit in the number of portals it spawns(when you close them all, the dread spawns) so you don't have to wait 11 minutes for the damn dread to show up.

2 - bring back old mirror event

seriously mirror event is pointless, i feel like i'm hiting my head against a wall, it doesn't matter if you blow up 50 or 500 ships anyway, only reason 99% of the playerbase does it, is for that sweet 50k dil and marks, no wonder some go afk.
  • Options
    rogerthomsonrogerthomson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Start a private anti-AFK chat channel. A place were players can meet for PVE that do not like AFK. People that go AFK while teaming with others via this channel wil be kicked out of the channel forever. AFK kan be proved via combat log reader.
  • Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    phoenicius wrote: »

seriously mirror event is pointless, i feel like i'm hiting my head against a wall, it doesn't matter if you blow up 50 or 500 ships anyway, only reason 99% of the playerbase does it, is for that sweet 50k dil and marks, no wonder some go afk.

I slightly disagree, as I know that my reason for doing Mirror (and the reason I know of others who do it also) is because of the fun of the actual fight. It's like shooting in an arcade gallery, where the targets shoot back at you. Sure, there are other missions that do that, too, but it can be a lot of fun, and once you understand the mechanics of what needs to be done to do well in this instance, you do even better.

This is probably what makes it more frustrating for players who enjoy the game whenever they see someone who is just afk and there for the final payoff.

The way I figure it is that I can either just do it for the final payoff (and do nothing), which is not my way, or I can have a fighter pilot experience and shoot at lots of things while fulfilling the objective. If I ever find myself just playing through content just to get a prize way at the end of the tunnel, I'll go find another game to play instead.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    jtneat wrote: »
    Ive only had 1 person do it to my team and if i see it happen again im posting screenshots displaying their tag and fleet for all to see along with a GM report.

Yes, please do that. See how long it takes them to ban You. lol :D

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    peetapipmac, the problem is that your actions (or lack of actions) are messing things up for people who don't want to play the event the same way you do. If that's how you want to run it, fine, but I'd suggest you team with people who work the same way, or who you know don't mind your behaviour.

I've not actually bothered with the mirror event before now, and I'm only doing it once a day for the transporter gizmo (and only on one toon, at that)... but I have no problem pitching in and at least trying to help. (Since I'm flying a big tanky cruiser, my "strategy" so far has been to try and power up the satellites, and then to get close to other people and spam BFAW at the mirror ships, to draw aggro onto me so the others can close rifts.) And having one person just park themselves at the arrival point and go to sleep... makes life difficult for everyone else.

I am at least going to try not to be that guy. That guy is no fun to play with.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    shevet wrote: »
    peetapipmac, the problem is that your actions (or lack of actions) are messing things up for people who don't want to play the event the same way you do. If that's how you want to run it, fine, but I'd suggest you team with people who work the same way, or who you know don't mind your behaviour.

I would agree with you on that point, except there is no leaver penalty for this mission, so if they feel that strongly enough about it they can just leave and reque, and be back in a minute later.

That is why during the last event I told people at the start what I was planning. The only reason I don't do that now is because of the amount of profanity I got sent back at me. Now I just can't be bothered. If they are paying attention they will figure it out. (most don't)

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No one pugs this event like the Klingons. I got 100 marks (including daily bonus) and that's the norm lately (in normal).

On my fed toons, I'm lucky to get 50 marks.

I give it my best effort, but I'm not an Uber heavy hitter.

Now I'm just there for the end result (because who'd mindlessly grind this daily for fun?) But the disparity in skill or equipment levels is startling. Literally every time I pug this with my klink, double marks.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Its so boring and rewards are so low I can't be bothered to AFK this on normal on a single character. Be glad you have AFKers willing to queue up for this otherwise it would take longer to pop.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    and 2 stealth rogues ... lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    iM AFKING IT RIGHT NOW!.

killing 10 minutes on the forum. I am done with this at day 7.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]