test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

players exploiting the Mirror invasion event

salling2o2salling2o2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I have been working on four of my toons for the last three day at this event like any event i put the time in a help the team out.

But!! more and more players in the event are going to the side of the map and not take part in the event and they are giving rewards for others work at.

In my book this is a exploiting the game and the event

player play the events to get the rewards they put their time in playing the event and get the rewards for it.

the player exploiting the event should lose all the rewards from their exploit :mad:
Post edited by salling2o2 on

Comments

• suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    salling2o2 wrote: »
    I have been working on four of my toons for the last three day at this event like any event i put the time in a help the team out.

But!! more and more players in the event are going to the side of the map and not take part in the event and they are giving rewards for others work at.

In my book this is a exploiting the game and the event

player play the events to get the rewards they put their time in playing the event and get the rewards for it.

the player exploiting the event should lose all the rewards from their exploit :mad:

There is supposed to be an afk penalty.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This kind of TRIBBLE won't stop until people learn to stop pugging queues. Get with your fleet and run things with them. Lacking a fleet, find one of the popular chat channels, if it looks like nothing is going, just ask and I'm sure there would be enough interest for a near immediate group run.
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There is supposed to be an afk penalty.

I don't think MU has an AFK or a leaver penalty, too much work for a seasonal event if I remember right.

I don't think Crystalline has one either.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Heh, look what they've done. Now everything within the umbrella term of remotely bad can be called "exploit." :eek:
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cpc2011a wrote: »
    This kind of TRIBBLE won't stop until people learn to stop pugging queues. Get with your fleet and run things with them. Lacking a fleet, find one of the popular chat channels, if it looks like nothing is going, just ask and I'm sure there would be enough interest for a near immediate group run.

Or you know they can put a proper AFK and leaver penalty into the game and let people play how they want to play... you know PUG. If Cryptic didn't want you to PUG they wouldn't give you the option, but they just need to implement it properly.

*blinks* Okay never mind... between Cryptic implementing something properly and forced socialization yeah... so never mind this post is probably you're best bet.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This happened the last time this event was put out. People dont need the marks they just want the transponder. Since the event is on a timer it will complete no matter what. All that matters is after the Dread comes out of the rifts. Anything before that just adds marks to the rewards.

The Entire first half of the event the entire team can sit at the spawn point and do NOTHING. Then the Tachyon pulse fires the dread comes out and you go close a few rifts shoot down the ships and your done.

This was actually done the last time by a few groups just to test it and it still completed.

The further into the event you get the more this happens as people get burned out. Expect it.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Personally I would say that whatever the anger over the last exploit--AFK'ing is blatantly, obviously in the no-no category.

I already told my fleet last night, I am not pugging it anymore and will be doing it with them only.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That's not an exploit, per se. It's pathetic and lazy, and a TRIBBLE thing to do, but not an ofifial "exploit"

If it were, Cryptic would have done something by now... obviously the AFK penalty isn't working.

An autoboot for AFkers would be nice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    EDIT: Sorry, psotedi n wrong thread.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited November 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    EDIT: Sorry, psotedi n wrong thread.

Ouch. 300 seconds until post in the correct thread. :-/

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    People are idiots; whats new? When you realize someone is AFKing just leave. You don't get a leaver penalty so just try again. Better an extra minute or two than to help a waste of air get a freebie.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    People are idiots; whats new? When you realize someone is AFKing just leave. You don't get a leaver penalty so just try again. Better an extra minute or two than to help a waste of air get a freebie.

So much this.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Isnt the real issue here the fact that Cryptic thinks its FUN to do the same mission several times a day for two weeks.

Maybe people are just bored!!!!

I know by the end of the CE event I just more or less try and look busy and go AFK. I honestly never want to see Risa again.

Forced repeated missions aren't fun.

Really just wait for the dread to show up and kill it. No reason to do the first part over and over and over
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ...these time gates ain't so bad then.... Technically if the whole team got biurned out and just flew around the edge of the map they could have a chat session, talk smack to each other about their builds, or just let all the rifts open and have an all out dps-grab well spamming good time...

Build an AP scim right and have redundant shields and quantum absorbtion going for a glorious thaleron pulse, with allies keeping grav well up.
    The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
    edited November 2014
    The reason I can think of is skill points. And if your team is all pitching in, everyone gets the points.

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    well if they are hoping to advance their level status and possibly their ship mastery they wont get very many points sitting in the sidelines.
    plus of course there wont be as great a team end score if half the team are not closing rifts, powering relays or defending the station.

they might think they are comming off better by avoiding the action but in actual fact they are loosing out.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    True, but if it can be thought...it's probly been done already...

I'll never forget the royal face palming i did one IGE when the tac just loved swimming in the plasma in the boss room...either he loved it,'or kept thinking that it was a glitch/ thought he was too good for the damage...

Yea... Run didn't end well
    The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    well if they are hoping to advance their level status and possibly their ship mastery they wont get very many points sitting in the sidelines.
    plus of course there wont be as great a team end score if half the team are not closing rifts, powering relays or defending the station.

they might think they are comming off better by avoiding the action but in actual fact they are loosing out.

look. all many of us need/want is the thingy for event rep. Since its timed, doing stuff has no effect on how long it lasts. 99% of the time we sit around for 5 minutes waiting for the clock to tick down even if you do stuff

by day 6 the event wears really thin. By day 10 its torture. By day 14 Im just going to die 30 secs in and go afk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cpc2011a wrote: »

Common let’s not play stupid, all fleets suffer from the same thing.

I can pretty much bet that there are no Fleets out there that will stop what they’re doing to go start a private queue EVERY time a member logs-in to the game 24/7.

All of the Fleets I have joined are all the same. Once in a while you’ll get a few private queues going, but in general they pretty much do their own thing, like leveling a toon, farming for the fleet or themselves, getting ready to log off, or they have just spent the last few hours running queues.

All Fleets have slow or dead spots throughout the day, that’s why some Fleets put up Calendars to let fleet members know when their fleets Hot spots are throughout the day

So even if you’re in a fleet that doesn't guarantee EVERY member will be at your beckon call whenever you feel like it.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Eh, who cares?! I never leave. On Normal, it matters none, really. More XP for me, I figure. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I just assume that every time I go into a pve queue I will get stuck with a bunch of sociopathic idiots.

We are forced to group with people from the Internet. and the internet is full of trolls. Cryptic doesn't even like dealing with them.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jrq2 wrote: »
    Common let’s not play stupid, all fleets suffer from the same thing.

I can pretty much bet that there are no Fleets out there that will stop what they’re doing to go start a private queue EVERY time a member logs-in to the game 24/7.

All of the Fleets I have joined are all the same. Once in a while you’ll get a few private queues going, but in general they pretty much do their own thing, like leveling a toon, farming for the fleet or themselves, getting ready to log off, or they have just spent the last few hours running queues.

All Fleets have slow or dead spots throughout the day, that’s why some Fleets put up Calendars to let fleet members know when their fleets Hot spots are throughout the day

So even if you’re in a fleet that doesn't guarantee EVERY member will be at your beckon call whenever you feel like it.

Who said anything about a fleet stopping what they are doing? The chat channel I frequent most of the time is public, even though it's fleet run. Start a private, put a call out, it fills. Yeah if its 3am it might fill slower but it fills.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    chalpen wrote: »
    I just assume that every time I go into a pve queue I will get stuck with a bunch of sociopathic idiots.

Likewise. That's supposing I'm not intoxicated to the point I can't tell which direction my ship is facing, let alone whether or not the random people from the internet on my team are Nobel laureate winners.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • desade1desade1 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, saw some of this today. Need to implement a minimum damage or healing to get points.
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Honestly IMO the heart of the matter is that the Mirror Event is very poorly designed.
    Not only is it easy to leech, but its an incredibly boring and mindnumbling dull time-gated event, for no other reason than for it to take at least X amount of minutes.

First of all, Cryptic needs to get rid of that stupid timer and stop time gating the whole event.
    Second, getting Defense Tier 5 should be a primary objective, not a helpful optional.
    And instead of the timer, the event should progress to the second phase once Defense Tier 5 is achieved, but not before.

This gives incentive for people to pull together and work as quickly and efficiently as possible, rather than sitting around leeching.
    Just like killing the Crystaline Entity as quickly as possible is an incentive to actively participate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Isnt the real issue here the fact that Cryptic thinks its FUN to do the same mission several times a day for two weeks.

Maybe people are just bored!!!!

I know by the end of the CE event I just more or less try and look busy and go AFK. I honestly never want to see Risa again.

Forced repeated missions aren't fun.

Really just wait for the dread to show up and kill it. No reason to do the first part over and over and over

I'd say one run per toon would have been sufficient.

The assumed intent was to get people logged in...but after grinding this 4 times a day, I have little game time/energy left to do much else and log out...so that doesn't boost zen store sales surely.

Perhaps there's someone they report server populations to, and long, grindy, multi day (week) events ensure inflated numbers during the desired time frame? Your guess is as good as mine.

I know Asheron's Call and Anarchy Online handle holidays differently from what I just saw on Neverwinter...perhaps its a Korean Grindfest thing?
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've played this 3 characters mostly every day since it started, and so far I have not seen anyone doing that.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • varthelmvarthelm Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Aye, I haven't seen anyone do this either...that said...

They make an event you have to do on a daily basis for 2 weeks per character that runs on a timer rather then just how fast you can shoot the enemies and people wonder why there are some who just want to afk through it? Anything is mind numbing after a few dozen times.

I hate these per character grind events, I really do.

I understand why they cant do this like Summer and Winter with the ships because they are awarding dilithium. Fine...can I just get the shotgun as an account unlock...keep the dil :)
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All I want is the transponder, I don't care about the marks.
    I just fly out of the fray sat a timer for 8 min and come back for the boss at the end. I have no problem doing this, (particularly because I am running the event on multiple toons.)

During the last time the event ran I used to inform my team mates what I was gonna do and advise them to leave if they were unhappy about it.
    This time though I've not bothered with that due to the abuse I got last time. Most people don't even seem to notice I've been doing it.

p.s. for the record I would normally not condone afking, but in this event I would encourage people to do it.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    That's not an exploit, per se. It's pathetic and lazy, and a TRIBBLE thing to do, but not an ofifial "exploit"

If it were, Cryptic would have done something by now... obviously the AFK penalty isn't working.

An autoboot for AFkers would be nice

Never assume anything isn't an exploit from Cryptic, remember the flames after Dilithium Raging?

Oh and TRIBBLE that 300s post timer. FFS it's not even in the same thread!!!
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."