test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

players exploiting the Mirror invasion event

1235»

Comments

• donowickdonowick Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I haven't notice any afk players yet in pug. But notice a lot of players ignoring rifts. I did one today and was the only one mainly doing them lol what a fight that was lol. :)
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    donowick wrote: »
    I haven't notice any afk players yet in pug. But notice a lot of players ignoring rifts. I did one today and was the only one mainly doing them lol what a fight that was lol. :)

its really easy to look busy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    iM AFKING IT RIGHT NOW!.

killing 10 minutes on the forum. I am done with this at day 7.

dont people think it would be you know more fun to try to participate?

I dont understand everyone loves the q system but then complain because its repetitive hehe.

I am as of late having some interesting experiences and my ignore list is growing at an alarming rate as a result. There is a new trick i am seeing catch on that.. someone comes into these instances (the advanced) and sits there just to make fun of newer players who are not used to the fail system (which is still pretty new actually..) and then says something silly and stupid and leaves.

I woud like to suggest that people who dont join instances to actually play and just to sit afk, call people names or troll perhaps its time to find another game because seriously your ruining the fun for those that enjoy pew pewing in these instances.

just stay away if you dont want to play or are there simply to ridicule players because you think that pugs are stupid .. :confused:

I enjoy pugs seriously yes they fail a lot its true but since the only variable in these instances is the groups as the content is static it gives me some variety.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I just afk'ed in one, and didn't even feel bad about it. First time I've ever gotten that frustrated. Was in an awful , awful pug, ships everywhere, nobody else closing portals, starting the power relays, nothing. So I got the station to level 5 on my own to salvage what marks I could, cloaked and sat in a corner until the dred came out.

Worst pug I've ever seen.
  • donowickdonowick Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Had another one today in which all players were attacking dreadnought and I was the only one closing rifts lol. :D
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    3 AFKers in one run. Perversely amazing.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Karma is a *****. We may not see it when it happens, but justice will be served against AFKers.
  • giveroffacialsgiveroffacials Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    3 AFKers in one run. Perversely amazing.

You shouldn't have been exploiting the event then you would never had seen them.
    Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of [your name here] on a five year mission to gain one level after the delta rising xp nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Getting reports in from fleet mates all night.

When pugging they are getting into groups who do basically nothing.

I guess this is the new mirror trend sit in the middle fire once in awhile.

Then take out the Dread when the timer to counts down.
    download.jpg
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You do however have to watchout for the people that are having problems with their ship layouts because this has happened several times to me where I warp in and it takes several seconds to actually fix the location of everything. I've even experienced several problems where items I put into a layout suddenly unequipped so I'd suggest just checking with them to make sure in team or zone chat because many people might be having the bug I've experienced and are hurriedly trying to fix it especially if they are new players and don't know that this happens.
  • hipachilleshipachilles Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Getting reports in from fleet mates all night.

When pugging they are getting into groups who do basically nothing.

I guess this is the new mirror trend sit in the middle fire once in awhile.

Then take out the Dread when the timer to counts down.

I have started seeing a trend developing as well. Some players who are well-geared are sitting near the station and AOEing the TRIBBLE out of approaching ships, without even attempting to close portals. I asked one about it and the response was that it was all for the XP since it was time-gated anyways. No sense in sitting around for 2-3 minutes doing nothing after 26 portals close. And since he wasn't in it for marks, he didn't care as long as the station barely survived.

Seems the bonus for 10/10 health, 26 rifts, and 5/5 station level are not enough to encourage people to play it properly when they are using it for an XP farm and to get the 1 transporter item.
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have started seeing a trend developing as well. Some players who are well-geared are sitting near the station and AOEing the TRIBBLE out of approaching ships, without even attempting to close portals. I asked one about it and the response was that it was all for the XP since it was time-gated anyways. No sense in sitting around for 2-3 minutes doing nothing after 26 portals close. And since he wasn't in it for marks, he didn't care as long as the station barely survived.

Seems the bonus for 10/10 health, 26 rifts, and 5/5 station level are not enough to encourage people to play it properly when they are using it for an XP farm and to get the 1 transporter item.

Yes, I do it for XP too and i am very well geared but I don't sit on the station … it doesn't seem like an efficient way to me ; instead I fly and kill everything on sight and I do it fast ; in fact, in the mirror normal pugs I have been in, we have always closed a 20ish portals minimum and the base at 5/5 and healthy , with a waiting time of 1 minute minimum
    P58WJe7.jpg

• decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I only had one afker so far, lucky me,

Maybe they should look at implimenting the same system they have in WoW for the BGs. A right click>report AFK where it doesn't report it to any GM instead the system flags that person as afk and a visible debuff appears to the person reported. This gives them a set time to actually get involved or get booted from the map. THat is not the only punishment when booted there is an additional debuf given to the player that prevents them from taking part in BGs again for a set amount of time.
  • evilgaussevilgauss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes, I do it for XP too and i am very well geared but I don't sit on the station … it doesn't seem like an efficient way to me ; instead I fly and kill everything on sight and I do it fast ; in fact, in the mirror normal pugs I have been in, we have always closed a 20ish portals minimum and the base at 5/5 and healthy , with a waiting time of 1 minute minimum

I have been teaming up with players from Reddit chat and DPS-10K and most of ours have left us with the timer sitting at close to 4 minutes.

It seems like MIN is too easy, and MIA is too hard.
  • newnjanewnja Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I just finished Mirror with a team of 2 (my puny tier 5 Qin raptor... and some Defiant) 3 other players were cloaked and AFK, luckilly it was Normal difficulty.

There has to be a way of dealing with those leechers.. we reported them but I don't think that's actually worth anything, like in other MMOs.
  • ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You do however have to watchout for the people that are having problems with their ship layouts because this has happened several times to me where I warp in and it takes several seconds to actually fix the location of everything. I've even experienced several problems where items I put into a layout suddenly unequipped so I'd suggest just checking with them to make sure in team or zone chat because many people might be having the bug I've experienced and are hurriedly trying to fix it especially if they are new players and don't know that this happens.

I had this on one character I had to get out of combat and put my weapons in (several of them had somehow become unequiped along with a single console) but I just slotted in what I could find quickly in my inventory and went back to it. So my ship was not perfect it has weapons and helped lol. I usually check for the shield but had never had consoles and weapons suddenly unequip. However it only takes a minute or two of time to deal with.