test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So what would you like to see Cryptic do this week?

Comments

• Options
    donowickdonowick Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I would like the stf to be fixed and balanced. Like normal (mk10), advance (mk12) and elite (mk14). That way it would be somewhat fair to players trying to progress. The way it is now you have powerful players complaining that weaker players should not be there. But they have to be there if they want the gear and it would be nice to see the complaining about it go away lol. :)

P.S. I know that some ques don't have elite but should.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    After the specialization fiasco, the accusations, the retractions, the apologies. the rage quits, dead queues, and general bad feeling at what should have been a time of great fun in the game, what would you like to see Cryptic doing this coming week?

For me they should do the following.

1. Restoration of all previous dilithium rewards with a 1440 reward for elite STFs

2. XP earned from current sources in game such as ship kills should be doubled for normal, tripled for advanced and quadrupled for elite difficulties.

3. XP for doff missions should actually give what it advertises rather than the 30% reduction you actually get.

4. All previous story missions should give a standard 5000 XP per replay (slightly more than an Argala patrol) on normal, 7000 XP on advanced and 10,000 XP on elite difficulties.

5. Advanced STF difficulty should be scaled down by a factor of 2.

6. Normal STF difficulty(mirror etc) should be scaled up by 50% (the current normal could be called training mode or something and give very limited rewards as it is ridiculously easy and zero challenge to all but the noobiest of noobs

7. All foundry missions should give 10,000 XP once per day, ie investigating officer reports mission.

In addition there must be a statement of intention regarding the following.

That a thorough investigation into the problem of loadouts is underway and will be rectified within a reasonable timeframe

That those people that have to play the game with a MAC are given some indication of when they may be able to do so again

That a team has been assigned to investigate and prioritise the other bugs that have been repeatedly posted in this forum and that a general QoL (quality of life) pass will be instigated as soon as possible

Finally I would like to see a statement that indicates that:

a: there is more to the Delta Rising story and
    b: time frame for the continuation of the story

There's probably a shed load more but they are the main points continually brought up by our fleet members.

Thoughts?

All I want is for cryptic to restore OLD XP leveling scales pior to the nerfing of 10/23. The rest are good points but IMO the game is virtually broken :mad:
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    johnluckpicartjohnluckpicart Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1) Fix the loadout bug, it's a gamebreaker (selling extra loadout slots for cash even though you know they're not working for many, many people, dunno...legal implications there? Hmm...)

2) Fix/completely overhaul the exchange, it's an ever-recurring gamebreaker for me. At the very least a MAJOR annoyance.
    - For Q's sake, to get ascending prices per unit you have to select 'descending' (just to name one of the hick-ups). Uhm...duh??? Care to fix? Makes game look stoopid!
    - Currently there are two separate markets, one for any rank, one for lt. rank. Causes major uncertainties/annoyances/rip-offs/inconsistency. Makes game look stupid.
    - And mostly, the unforgivable, mind-numbing, gamebreaking LAG of DOOM!!! Makes exchange/game look stoopid aaaand sloooooooow.

3) Fix the 'Stuck at Starfleet academy' bug. It is a game-breaker, at least for people who don't know the workaround. Which goes especially for new players. In your own interest, don't drive them away with BS like that right from the start. Try emergency maintenance for incidences like this one for a change. ;)

All in all, I'd like to see those things fixed asap.
    But if not, I'm cool with it too. Because they remind me not to pay for the game anymore.
    I got standards, I want quality for my bucks. Get the QA rolling, guys! If not for us, do it for your own sake :)
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
  • Options
    illyrian2008illyrian2008 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ceremonial mass resignation and emigration of Cryptic staff to a sweatshop somewhere in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region of PRC would be nice.
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    After the specialization fiasco, the accusations, the retractions, the apologies. the rage quits, dead queues, and general bad feeling at what should have been a time of great fun in the game, what would you like to see Cryptic doing this coming week?

For me they should do the following.

1. Restoration of all previous dilithium rewards with a 1440 reward for elite STFs

2. XP earned from current sources in game such as ship kills should be doubled for normal, tripled for advanced and quadrupled for elite difficulties.

3. XP for doff missions should actually give what it advertises rather than the 30% reduction you actually get.

4. All previous story missions should give a standard 5000 XP per replay (slightly more than an Argala patrol) on normal, 7000 XP on advanced and 10,000 XP on elite difficulties.

5. Advanced STF difficulty should be scaled down by a factor of 2.

6. Normal STF difficulty(mirror etc) should be scaled up by 50% (the current normal could be called training mode or something and give very limited rewards as it is ridiculously easy and zero challenge to all but the noobiest of noobs

7. All foundry missions should give 10,000 XP once per day, ie investigating officer reports mission.

In addition there must be a statement of intention regarding the following.

That a thorough investigation into the problem of loadouts is underway and will be rectified within a reasonable timeframe

That those people that have to play the game with a MAC are given some indication of when they may be able to do so again

That a team has been assigned to investigate and prioritise the other bugs that have been repeatedly posted in this forum and that a general QoL (quality of life) pass will be instigated as soon as possible

Finally I would like to see a statement that indicates that:

a: there is more to the Delta Rising story and
    b: time frame for the continuation of the story

There's probably a shed load more but they are the main points continually brought up by our fleet members.

Thoughts?

The metrics show that none of that leads to increased profits.
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They could return like half a million Dilithium that was used on Starfleet personel in the New Romulus Command Center, when attempting to get some Romulan Crew, for my Romulan ship, as a Romulan Captain. A very strange thing to go for, beyond doubt. I admittedly sell the armies of Tellarites and Andorians off for credits, in order to try to get something back. But it is not what i would go for, given an actual choice.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The "Optional = Fail" thing on Advanced queues irritates me, especially since I've run my last 3 ICA's as pugs just to pick up a few borg whatchamacallits for the Rep gear and come out empty handed each time...

STO's gotten to the point where you can't advance ANYTHING, what with the XP nerfs, the failed optionals, dilithium requirements with NO dilithium rewards... Casual players are being ousted...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    In most cases, I do not even feel a need to post here, as I am mostly happy with the game as a casual who has no intention of doing elite queues. However, the skill tray is maddening, and I really don't understand how this fix is not at the top of Cryptic's list. Bugs that present themselves every time you change zones cannot possibly be a minor issue.
  • Options
    cristonic2cristonic2 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I personaly Miss the old STFs, the ones where you had to readly work together and be a team. Rght now all you need a great DPS and good shields/armor nd you can pretty much do them all....no haviing to actualy work for it. Back when the STFs were a grouping thing, we had to really work to learn and beat them, we made good friends, most of which are still not only in my list bit still say haello over four years later. Queues are good for people that want a fast run with basic rewards...the OLD STFs gae high ends rewards for completeing each one and yes, they were hard but we mastered them and could help a new person or two through even the Cure on VA with in an hour. Please, bring back a challage, please allow us a chance to make a choice in what we run and how we want to run it.
  • Options
    dechala1dechala1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How about rather than us telling them what they should do, how about they tell us what they're working on? Even just a list, no timelines, nothing like that just a weekly something like:

In the coming months we're going to try to address the following issues:

1) Players are leveling too fast, we're going to tweak XP values and put cool downs on patrol events.

2) Carriers are too powerful, we're going to be tweaking the HP/Damage/etc, of pets downward.

3) Power levels are out of control, we're going to be rolling back bonuses provided by powers, or consoles such as plasmonic leech etc. expect an overall reduction in power levels by 10-15%

4) Debuff stacking is too high, we're looking at implementing exclusion principles to them all so no NPC can be effected by multiple copies of the same power. The most recent application will over-ride existing applications.

5) Bug Hunt Elite, Crystalline Entity increases to HP of the bugs/entity to bring them in line with the other ques.

6) Increase the timer or add additional costs on certain crafted items eg. Making MkII items take 10 minutes rather than 5 or adding a dil cost to them to discourage churn on these items.

7) Dyson Sphere ground event: Once the T-Rex's are spawned, we're looking into a zone lockout to prevent players from zone hopping to gain dilithium too quickly.

8) Reducing the rewards for the Undine Space sphere content by approximately 50%, they will also no longer reward Isomorph Injections.

9) Bridge officer trait stacking is too powerful, we're looking into only allowing a single copy of a trait to function, or implementing diminishing returns on stacking traits such as Superior Operative.

10) Some abilities such as Beam Fire at Will are going to be tweaked, expect their overall damage to be reduced.

11) We'll be addressing stacking certain Duty officers for cool down reduction such as technicians, early intent is to only allow 1 copy of the duty officer at a time.

In addition we're going to be releasing a new lock box (Khazon) look forward to details on this!

We'll be releasing details of the winter event soon!

Expect a blog about new T6 ship packs in the Zen store at the start of the new year!

Here's my point. Communication is key. The ideology of "don't talk about it" is a poor, weak, cowardly, pathetic ideology. It leads to distrust, rumors, and disappointed players. By talking to your player base, and outlining a long term vision you can manage our expectations. Yes, we're not always going to agree on direction or even intent, but the only way you're going to get this game back to good, and don't kid yourself the game is in a pitiful state at the moment, is by talking to us.

TALK, don't launch edicts from on high, use inflammatory terms like exploit, or goofball statements like "we looked at the data and it says 17x faster". Just talk to us.

If you had come to the player base -right away- and said:

"Okay guys, the Japori problem wasn't something we thought would occur, we're going to be scaling the NPC's appropriately and taking a look at XP being granted by NPCs to bring it more in line with what our expectations were in this Thursdays update. Expect to experience a slowdown in the leveling experience post 60."

I bet you while people would have been upset, it wouldn't have been the over-reaction you got. Which you brought on yourself by locking them out in emergency mode, going silent, then making silly statements with no follow up.

As a guy on the radio used to say...

"Not a sermon, just a thought."
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    File bankruptcy

/300 seconds to review my post.

...Wouldn't change a thing.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The metrics show that none of that leads to increased profits.

The metrics may soon show that there are not enough normal players left in the queues for the whales and die-hards to play with.

All the recent changes (and the upcoming pet nerf) really make me wonder if someone isn't trying to kill this game off. Money grabs I understand, but no one can squeeze their customers this bad again and again and expect them just to take it.

When all the dil weekends, lobi giveaways and special events are over, I think STO space may well be: quiet, lonely and very cold.
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The metrics may soon show that there are not enough normal players left in the queues for the whales and die-hards to play with.

All the recent changes (and the upcoming pet nerf) really make me wonder if someone isn't trying to kill this game off. Money grabs I understand, but no one can squeeze their customers this bad again and again and expect them just to take it.

When all the dil weekends, lobi giveaways and special events are over, I think STO space may well be: quiet, lonely and very cold.

Always been that way, you just now noticed?:P
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's cold outside; there's no kind of atmosphere
    I'm all alone, more or less
    Let me fly, far away from here
    Fun, fun, fun, in the sun, sun, sun

I want to lie, shipwrecked and comatose
    Drinking fresh mango juice
    Goldfish shoals nibbling at my toes
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cut R&D costs in half, there is already fleet project dil sinks, rep gear sinks, fleet gear ground sinks, fleet gear space sinks, dil to Zen Store item sinks, sins sinks and More sinks, and if that isn't enough, there are more SINKS!!! lol

lol, "our gamers" don't like those games :)
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's cold outside; there's no kind of atmosphere
    I'm all alone, more or less
    Let me fly, far away from here

I want to lie, shipwrecked and comatose
    Drinking fresh mango juice
    Goldfish shoals nibbling at my toes

I might feel like I'm the last human alive but at least I've got an annoying emergency medical hologram, an android, and a Caitian to keep me company...
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They are already doing it... TALKING TO US.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A significant improvement in Dev communication this evening, much appreciated guys.

Indeed. And they're discussing and fixing some very important current issues, which is awesome! :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    spacekorgathspacekorgath Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Fix the Mac client crashing.
  • Options
    delilahwilddelilahwild Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I would respectfully ask Cryptic to listen to and implement the many good ideas in this thread. There are so many that would improve the game.

I would also ask Cryptic to respect those of us who are casual players. I respect those players who can spend the time to play at the highest level quickly. Still, I do not want to be locked out or extorted for cash because I am a casual.

I'm not going to rage quit over the recent problems, although I only sign in to manage doffs and run the Mirror Invasion events. I'll wait to see if fixes are in the works.

But I have invested money in the development of other games (i.e., Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen) and I will not be spending money on STO unless I see substantial changes for the better.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sad to say but the game was better before DR especially since all I see people doing is failing even the easiest of missions lol.

Time has come to uninstall.
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sad to say but the game was better before DR especially since all I see people doing is failing even the easiest of missions lol.

Time has come to uninstall.

I'm just waiting for Elite Dangerous, then I'm outta here.

With all the nerfs and bugs - I've lost all faith in this game.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well it sounds like they are starting to listen
    (snip)
    could be a sign things are turning around, don't jump ship just yet.

Yeah ... , not happening ... :
    Advanced queues reward 720 Dilithium upon successful completion.

Remember 960 Dil 3 weeks ago ?

I do .

... Advanced is going to be like the old Elite ... in a pipe dream ...
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So what would you like to see Cryptic do this week?

Fix known bugs & issues! I would like to see a list as long as last week's patch notes of known bugs that they have finally fixed (you know there are even more)... yes, it's a pleasant fiction, but this is what would open MY wallet, especially since I'm finding more game-stoppers every time I log in... :mad:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    yaveryyavery Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Fix the god awful ranks systems so it's closer to the spirit of the canon without all the admirals and generals (insane number of temporary battlefield promotions?!) running all over the place constantly and so people could also personalize their ranks a little bit more. Something like this maybe.

Star Trek Online Alternative Ranks:

Federation:

Cadet/Crewperson/Officer = Cadet/Ensign -- no insignia *
    Chief Officer/Ensign = Lieutenant -- single stripe/chevron on sleeves *
    Master Chief/Second Lieutenant = Lieutenant Commander -- two stripes/chevrons on sleeves or 1 pip/mark **
    First Lieutenant/Lieutenant = Commander -- one full pip/mark and one empty pip/mark on collar ***
    Lieutenant Commander/Executive Officer (or XO) = Captain -- two pips/marks on collar ****
    Commander/First Officer = Rear Admiral (LH) -- two full pips/marks and one empty pip/mark on collar *****
    Captain/Veteran Captain = Rear Admiral (UH) -- three pips/marks on collar *****
    Senior Captain/Major = Vice Admiral -- three full pips/marks on collar and one empty pip/mark *****
    Fleet Captain/Lieutenant Colonel = Admiral -- four pips/marks on collar *****
    Commodore/Colonel = Fleet Admiral -- bronze star on chest and/or shoulders *****

NPC only ranks:

Rear Admiral = Rear Admiral Lower Half -- two silver stars on collar, chest, or shoulders
    Senior Rear Admiral = Rear Admiral Upper Half -- two gold stars on collar, chest, or shoulders
    Vice Admiral -- three silver stars on collar, chest, or shoulders
    Admiral -- three gold stars on collar, chest, or shoulders
    Fleet Admiral -- four stars on collar, chest, or shoulders

Klingon Empire:

Bekk/Warrior/Officer = Warrior *
    Sergeant/Staff Sergeant/Gunnery Sergeant/Munitions Officer = Lieutenant *
    First Sergeant/Master Sergeant/Targ Handler/Lieutenant = Lieutenant Commander **
    Lieutenant Commander/Third Officer = Commander ***
    Commander/Second Officer = Captain****
    Captain/First Officer = Brigadier General *****
    Major = Major General *****
    Lieutenant Colonel = Lieutenant General *****
    Colonel/Sergeant Major = General *****
    Swordmaster/Brigadier = Dahar Master *****

NPC only ranks:

Brigadier General
    Commander General
    Major General
    General
    Dahar Master

Romulan Republic/Star Empire:

Watchman/Watchwoman = Citizen *
    Uhlan/Guardsman/Guardswoman = Lieutenant *
    Sublieutenant/Science, Medical, Tactical, or Security Officer = Centurion **
    Lieutenant/Chief Science, Medical, Tactical, or Security Officer = Subcommander ***
    Centurian = Commander ****
    Subcommander = Subadmiral I *****
    Commander/Major = Subadmiral II *****
    Commandant/Lieutenant Colonel = Vice Admiral *****
    Subadmiral I/Colonel = Admiral *****
    Subadmiral II/Brigade Commander = Fleet Admiral *****

NPC only ranks:

Vice Admiral
    Admiral
    Vice Marshal
    Marshal
    Supreme Commander/Fleet Marshal

* Tier 1
    ** Tier 2
    *** Tier 3
    **** Tier 4
    ***** Tier 5
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    would settle for the loadout tray getting fixed, must of slotted that 8472 t5 rep active shield ability and the rmc from the power tray about 50 times now.
    better xp for kills and missions. its noticable with new toons, used to be about to get around 12 to 100xp per kill on RA as a lt to lc, now i can barely get past 1xp to 18xp at most and the lack of ability to reach the next level in the dq is obvious, im not inclined to do argala elite.

I wouldn't you see because we settle too often. If indeed mac users can't play and these other things in the list aren't done yet, you have to ask honestly, what is management doing? Surely they've made enough money with DR to actually hire more code monkeys to get these things done faster and to allocate more teams on problems like the Mac problem. If they haven't hired more people then who is failing in the financial department because Seriously I'm sure they've gotten enough from DR to actually get these things done. If not, who do they need to replace in management in order to move these things forward and treat them responsibly and professionally at this point?
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How about adding the Fleet Admiral pips for FED players and the other ranks for KDF & Romulan