• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    fenr00k wrote: »
    Fixed that for you. ;)

Good point.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well at least none of the devs use the nicknames "Jim, John, Jack, Stan, Peter, Tom, Ted" or we would be in trouble!

Still, they got resources to police names, but not to fix bugs. Pathetic!
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited October 2014
    They don't put personal information in the header of the email. It reads:

Terms of Service Violation (then the violation) Flaming/Trolling, or obscene/vulgar material, or hate speech, or whatever violation he's being punished.

And that is the part the OP has conveniently blacked out so no one can see what the real reason for the ban is.

clearly you know nothing about mails and never got a mail from PWE but you talk just for the sake of it.

troll on kid.
  • fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Well at least none of the devs use the nicknames "Jim, John, Jack, Stan, Peter, Tom, Ted" or we would be in trouble!

Still, they got resources to police names, but not to fix bugs. Pathetic!

There's a lack of evidence to actually form an opinion of this sort. The only evidence submitted been a post on a forum from somebody going "they did this!".

By the by, however, Devs who can fix bugs are not always the same person as a GM responsible for policing the game. Comparing the 2 is akin to ranting that a policeman wont fix your leaking water tank...
    edited October 2014
    I'm a helicopter.

I said it on the internet, therefore it must be true.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    fenr00k wrote: »
    There's a lack of evidence to actually form an opinion of this sort. The only evidence submitted been a post on a forum from somebody going "they did this!".

By the by, however, Devs who can fix bugs are not always the same person as a GM responsible for policing the game. Comparing the 2 is akin to ranting that a policeman wont fix your leaking water tank...

No it is not, for both are hired from the same pool of money.

So it is more like ranting that the goverment has enough money for a big load of policemen, but has no plumbers, when plumbers are sorely needed and sewage is filling the streets.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    I'm a helicopter.

someone said something on the internet and tried to pass it off as fact? iconians

sorry, had to do it
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm a helicopter.

My time on STO has taught me whatever is going on, you're the one really behind it.
  • josan369josan369 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This nonsense is STILL going on?! Who let this get to over 40 pages?! Are the Mods sleeping? Someone go poke one of them with a stick and get them to wake up. :D
    edited October 2014
    josan369 wrote: »
    This nonsense is STILL going on?! Who let this get to over 40 pages?! Are the Mods sleeping? Someone go poke one of them with a stick and get them to wake up. :D

It's just like THX-1138.

They spent their budget on policing names, so now there is no money left for policing the forums. Obviously.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm a helicopter.

Budgie! Is it really you?!?!

Sorry, but posting this is about as worthwhile as anything else that could be posted in this thread.;) Not counting of course one of the mods or devs posting "Thread closed!".
    edited October 2014
    When did they ever have money to spend on policing the forums. Our Mods are volunteers that work for free. :rolleyes:

The grey nutrient broth that sustains them.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The grey nutrient broth that sustains them.

They subside on nutrient broth produced from the processed brains of banned forumgoers...... on a connected note they are suffering from severe malnutrition and we are putting together a food drive for them.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I saw a couple of characters on ESD this morning running around with the names "Captain Geko" and "Captain Gecko" and was wondering what was up. Then I saw this thread and now I know. Well, good luck with...whatever it is you're trying to do. I think.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is still a thing?:confused:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    never mind
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    edna.... lol.
    even my "captain geko" alt i used to troll opvp was banned.
    /sadgio
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sorry, folks, been RL busy... barely had any time to play the game, let alone moderate.

I agree, this thread has gone on long enough. Based on the screenshot that shouldn't have been posted in the first place, the ban was a temporary one and people got a handslap for using some variation of Geko...

... which probably wouldn't have happened if certain individuals who may or may not post here had not chosen to immortalize their dislike for Captain Geko with some derogatory variation. But I'll leave it at that and refrain from commenting any further.

And you do all know that you can report threads via the support website, right? You don't have to wait for a mod to take notice.

I'm closing this thread down with my trusty [Pulsewave Forum Phaser Mk XIX [+Mod X2][-Flames][-Rant]].

"ZAP!"

For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).

If you think any of your posts within a thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies, please edit your posts before a moderator takes action.

If you feel you need to get in touch with the Community Manager to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).

Live Long and Prosper,
    Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.