test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I quit

Comments

• wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    you know i cant answer that and you also know ive already stated my bit earlier that you seem to be ignoring. if im wrong, then im wrong otherwise i am not and your after a witch hunt.

theirs a lot of witch hunters on this forum as of late i prefair the div i mean dev hunt people :D
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    why is it when people know they shouldnt create "i quit" threads, they do it anyways?

if your gonna quit then quit and none of us need to know the reason why. one day when you feel like it, return to the game at some other point when your upto it.

in any event its getting reported.

I agree with the uselessness of "I quit" threads, because of the chaos they can cause.

But it's also considered poor form to announce that you are reporting a thread/post.

Just saying.....
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jaysonn1 wrote: »
    truthfully no one needs to post a I quit thread as much as someone that post in one that doesn't care for them. wouldn't that be attention seeking too? the thread did say I quit and if you don't like them simply don't go in them.

dear god man if ppl did that forums would just be boring :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited October 2014
    the above love new xpack so much he always on the forums putting ppl down for their post if its not a kissy kissy post ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What sort of game forbids and censors negative feedback in their community, to the extent that people are forced to make an active effort to post while moderators are away just to be heard?

You don't have to answer. Just think about it for a bit.
  • apsciliaraapsciliara Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    momaw wrote: »
    What sort of game forbids and censors negative feedback in their community, to the extent that people are forced to make an active effort to post while moderators are away just to be heard?

You don't have to answer. Just think about it for a bit.

Not negative feedback, just unnecessary drama-mongering and attention seeking. There are plenty of ways to voice criticism other than screaming "I QUIT" and throwing your toys out of the cot, and it's not exactly necessary to announce to the world that you aren't gonna play this game any more.
  • illyrian2008illyrian2008 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    apsciliara wrote: »
    Not negative feedback, just unnecessary drama-mongering and attention seeking. There are plenty of ways to voice criticism other than screaming "I QUIT" and throwing your toys out of the cot, and it's not exactly necessary to announce to the world that you aren't gonna play this game any more.

No, of course not, write a polite email suggesting changes and leave quietly.

That will certainly garner better results.

Apparently screaming and yelling works better so people use it.
  • apsciliaraapsciliara Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No, of course not, write a polite email suggesting changes and leave quietly.

That will certainly garner better results.

Apparently screaming and yelling works better so people use it.

Screaming and yelling in a forum that none of the devs actually bloody read, no less :/
    edited October 2014
    apsciliara wrote: »
    Screaming and yelling in a forum that none of the devs actually bloody read, no less :/

And you are here why exactly?

Since nobody reads it shouldn't you be playing the game or gone quietly?
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed already O_o
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • boosbcboosbc Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You can't multi-task?

When I'm logged in I toggle between STO, the forum, an ebook, 2-3 browser games, while playing music, a movie, or an audio book in the background. Currently listening to the latest episode (released stateside) of Doctor Who on itunes.

Is it not a shame that you have to do all of that to pass the current grind?
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Maybe the mods were faster then the OP and have quit the sinking ship already :D
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
    edited October 2014
    then how do you get to the next level in DQ without having to grind to continue the story content ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited October 2014
    You can't multi-task?

When I'm logged in I toggle between STO, the forum, an ebook, 2-3 browser games, while playing music, a movie, or an audio book in the background. Currently listening to the latest episode (released stateside) of Doctor Who on itunes.

Try holding a job or attending school maybe?
  • catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Because they're not "obligated" to look at the forums.

No, I'm never letting that go. It just gobsmacks me. :P
  • matthian1701matthian1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Actually, the volume of 'I quit' threads that they'll have to close should tell them something in itself.

As we know, the entire STO playerbase is composed of the 20 or so vocal whiners on the forums. We've had like, 8 quit threads.

Almost half of the STO playerbase is gone!!!! :eek::eek::eek:
    edited October 2014
    As we know, the entire STO playerbase is composed of the 20 or so vocal whiners on the forums. We've had like, 8 quit threads.

Almost half of the STO playerbase is gone!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

one day you will eat them words like saying pennies dont add up to Dollar not everyone is going to stay desperate to fly Star Trek ship ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • matthian1701matthian1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    one day you will eat them words like saying pennies dont add up to Dollar not everyone is going to stay desperate to fly Star Trek ship ;)

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/3c/3c76e21b39e09b8992e9b92f7f387501e99cd90b8ea709357c819942808377d4.jpg
    edited October 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Actually, the volume of 'I quit' threads that they'll have to close should tell them something in itself.

No kidding, not to mention the other little bits of evidence here and there. Truth is for each person that leaves on the forum one has to wonder how many people in-game are doing the same quietly, because I know quite a few have.
    noshuffle wrote: »
    Maybe the mods were faster then the OP and have quit the sinking ship already :D

Lol :P Yeah that would be hilarious, though I dare say the two usual culprits will go down with the ship, they're welcome to prove me wrong though :rolleyes:
    catjarrett wrote: »
    Because they're not "obligated" to look at the forums.

No, I'm never letting that go. It just gobsmacks me. :P

Not entirely sure what you mean, though honestly with how slow the forums have felt like recently I wouldn't have thought it would take very long to go through them at the moment, but that's just me.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why are you telling as that you are quitting?

Why do you think we'd care tomorrow morning? I sure won't. In fact, I'd likely forget your name as well...

Creating a thread as a means of venting is useless. Always will be regardless of how much of a narcissist "Quitters" are.

Just go! It's not as if you're losing your life in the process - if anything you're saving it.

Wonder how long until this "Doff" gets thrown into the Cryptic Starbase reactor.
    edited October 2014
    Nah. I chose early retirement and live on my disability benefits while I provide full time home care for a older family member suffering dementia.

Of course you do, you forgot to mention your stint with WHO and proposed sainthood.

I fully believe a sob story from a forum warrior hiding behind internet anonimity.

And I am actually Felipe VI of Spain.
    edited October 2014
    Of course you do, you forgot to mention your stint with WHO and proposed sainthood.

I fully believe a sob story from a forum warrior hiding behind internet anonimity.

And I am actually Felipe VI of Spain.

Get out of town, bub.
    edited October 2014
    ashlotte wrote: »

no one asked you to read this thread or make a post so eat your own words and pic bub
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited October 2014
    no one asked you to read this thread or make a post so eat your own words and pic bub

Likewise. Bub.

In case you just popped in without knowing what's what. The post was directed at a guy throwing a bit of bile at what he calls a "Sob story" - disbelief in someone's supposed situation. It came off as a bit nasty so I responded in kind.
    edited October 2014
    No one asked you to defend an insensitive person, bub.

awww did i hit a nerve bub :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited October 2014
    awww did i hit a nerve bub :P

Yeah, you did. Bub. You really hit me in the Feels. That's very cruel and wrong of you, Daan-Eels-San! D: Why you do this??!!?!? ;((

Now I must punch a Kobali to vent my internet anger.
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, you did. Bub. You really hit me in the Feels. That's very cruel and wrong of you, Dawg! D: Why you do this??!!?!? ;((

have fun buying a new screen then :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, you did. Bub. You really hit me in the Feels. That's very cruel and wrong of you, Dawg! D: Why you do this??!!?!? ;((

all i can say is change your Klingon avatar back to the feddy bear that you are. snipe can take care of him/her self doesn't need some bleeding heart Klingon wannabe to defend him/her.

Just remember one thing. Opinions are like A$$H@les we all have one.

and that's my 2 cents.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

edited October 2014
    have fun buying a new screen then :P

I can't... read what you're saying. "n buying a w reen then :P"

I'm shocked my monitor is still working, tbqh~

icsairguns wrote: »

*snip snip*

and that's my 2 cents.

Indeed, and we're all playing the part as the a*hole in this obvious troll thread. Wasting our time here instead of playing the game. Cast the first stone.

Also, real cute on the "Feddybear" part.
This discussion has been closed.