What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Call to boycott

Comments

• Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How many more times does it have to be said, the forums are only a small part of the player base.

This is pointless and people are still spending money, so enjoy you protest - wave your virtual placards.

See you back in game, next week? Week after?

Using the official forums also shows support for the game, when people hold real life protests, they don't do it in the place they are spouting off against. By posting here, you show you are still supporting the game and will be back in it at some point - so your temper tantrum really means nothing.
  • Options
    illyrian2008illyrian2008 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Same here. I was going to get a Dauntless this month, the Hazari Destroyer, and maybe a few other C-Store T6 ships. All of that is Past Tense now.

As per the Holy Oracle:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=20209451&postcount=68

Methinks the numbers will remain steady or increasing for foreseable future by Company policy, whoever claims otherwise will be labeled as a troll.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You stopped buying stuff back when Cryptic refused to make you know who remove that phony quote he put your name to in his sig.

stop you dont live with me to know what i spend my money on last time i gave cryptic money was for the scimitar 3 pack tyvm and for the sig all that show is the professionalism by the owners of this ;) and to be frank 2 can play at that game ;) but im more of a adult then the one you hold in high esteem ;)

ps but i am starting to think you are stalking me :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    How many more times does it have to be said, the forums are only a small part of the player base.

This is pointless and people are still spending money, so enjoy you protest - wave your virtual placards.

Using the official forums also shows support for the game, when people hold real life protests, they don't do it in the place they are spouting off against. By posting here, you show you are still supporting the game and will be back in it at some point - so your temper tantrum really means nothing.

Hmm, if only we had a working Customer Support that could, you know, take bug reports, complaints, etc. And by 'take', of course, I mean something else than just >/dev/null-ing them.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Far from boycotting, I just bought the Delta Rising Operations Pack. I didn't buy into the irrationality and hysteria before the explanation and I'm still not buying into them.

Are there issues with DR remaining which need to be fixed? Sure, and I would not be surprised if the difficulty is decreased once it is seen for what it is. But some of you now complaining about it were the same people who used to insist that the game was too easy. I would like to hope that you would learn to be careful what you ask for, but past experience makes me doubt that.

D'Angelo's post was perfectly logical, but some of you are not.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »

And rough representation of overal playerbase's attitudes.

Oh yes, the game is brooming with new T6 ships for example.

You wish.

Heads I win, tails you lose - if I am on the forums I support the game, kudos for your logic.

Since it means nothing why are you here, to enlighten us maybe? Thanks, not needed, go play the game.
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    stop you dont live with me to know what i spend my money on last time i gave cryptic money was for the scimitar 3 pack tyvm and for the sig all that show is the professionalism by the owners of this ;) and to be frank 2 can play at that game ;) but im more of a adult then the one you hold in high esteem ;)
    the scimitar came out in july of last year. if you're saying you haven't spent any money on the game in 15 months i don't think you have much to stand on as far as cryptic caring about anything you have to say on the forum. to them your vote stopped counting a year ago.

the sad truth is this forum is full of people who currently contribute nothing to cryptic's bottom line but act like they're the most important customers cryptic has.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    the scimitar came out in july of last year. if you're saying you haven't spent any money on the game in 15 months i don't think you have much to stand on as far as cryptic caring about anything you have to say on the forum. to them your vote stopped counting a year ago.

the sad truth is this forum is full of people who currently contribute nothing to cryptic's bottom line but act like they're the most important customers cryptic has.

We are actually enticing good little peons to spend more so we are useful to Cryptic, out of spite you will spend more than you would otherwise.

I get my say, Cryptic gets money and you get an empty wallet and sense of inflated self importance.

Works for me.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014

well im 2 months off big Whoopi point is ive not spent money on this game in a long time considering i got the 124$ LOR pack was putting in 80$ for new lock box ships ya im a small fish in a big ocean that's drying up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    Let me save you the trouble readers. Nothing to see here, move along :D.
    go away little boy. your pubes will come in soon.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    There you have it folks, that's the kind of person you're dealing with. :rolleyes:

And he tells people to act like adults. The hypocrisy lol. :P

Anyways readers, ignore poster above, nothing to see there. You've been warned.
    you've been following me around the forum posting the same message every time i post something. for whatever reason you just can't accept someone has a different view then your own. so if you're gonna act like a child i'm gonna treat you like a child.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014

The sad truth is, that you simply misunderstand. No one thinks "they're the most important customers cryptic has." That is all in your own head. People, however, do the *only* thing any one single customer can really accomplish in protest: close their wallets.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Before You guys call boycott you should research successful boycotts and unsuccessful ones. As of right now you've called for a boycott...with no clear goals and without knowing if the minority or majority feel as you do.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    smoketh2smoketh2 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guy's n Gal's,

Can we at least please keep this civil or it will be yet another closed thread.

Obviously there will be those who disagree with what I have wrote and some will agree to an extent.

We all know cryptic go by metrics and only pay attention to them. By players taking a stand in a certain way over a change that isn't popular we can skew those metrics and make them take note.

As official two-way communication between players and devs has broken down perhaps this is the only way players that aren't happy about this can make themselves heard.

Boycotting is interpretive and can be what you want it to be be it not playing the game to not spending money or not playing pve queues, it will all have an effect on said metrics if the majority of people aren't happy about something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Move along folks, nothing to see here. This is my third time now. I'm getting tired.
    do you know what poster trolling is? i hope so because that just proves it; and helps make my case to the mods. thanks.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Move along folks, nothing to see here. This is my third time now. I'm getting tired.

Rather amusing, I would expect that freindly and supportive Cryptic fan like him would be in game enjoying it and not snipe at the forums.

Anyways boycott is a broad term, I am done paying and (probably playing) and am looking for likeminded individuals.
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    knocky wrote: »
    I am playing their game....with my wallet closed now. (...)
    Already with you on this. Same here. No more monies spent on STO for Zen. But will also play far less than before.

I'm backing this statement with actions. I reallocated a couple of big bills towards something else; Cryptic/PWE is not receiving those monies. And I'm not logging in as frequently as before.

Truly sad, given I'm an LTS member, bought LoR, DR and make purchases in support of the game developers and development.

Changes are needed by Cryptic/PWE. NOW.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Rather amusing, I would expect that freindly and supportive Cryptic fan like him would be in game enjoying it and not snipe at the forums.

Anyways boycott is a broad term, I am done paying and (probably playing) and am looking for likeminded individuals.

I'll take your unbound stuff if you stop playing. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    protogoth wrote: »
    I'll take your unbound stuff if you stop playing. :D

It will just keep sitting in my inventory, including 3 lockbox ships :D

Buy it, you moocher. :D
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    smoketh2 wrote: »

Boycotting is interpretive and can be what you want it to be be it not playing the game to not spending money or not playing pve queues, it will all have an effect on said metrics if the majority of people aren't happy about something.

Sorry but this is incorrect. A boycott can't be interpretive. It has to be a hard line in the sand. We will no longer play the game. Anything less is a waste of energy. If you play with a wallet closed what makes you any different from someone playing with no access to money to spend on the game...or the company can interpret it as...the Holidays are coming and people don't spend as much because they are saving for gifts.
    If you truly want to boycott then the time for half measures is over. Do it right or don't do it at all. Any person that still plays is still a potential "$" to the company.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    It will just keep sitting in my inventory, including 3 lockbox ships :D

Buy it, you moocher. :D

Only 3? I have more lockbox ships than that. :P
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    2nd Boycott thread in what, two weeks?

Emo much?
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What or when I boycott someone or something is my business ! :mad::P

Are there girlcotts too ? :D
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sorry, I took the last girlcott, but I put an attack dog near it so i could return to it later lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    smoketh2 wrote: »
    WORDS

I stopped spending money on this game shortly after PWE bought the game. But my reason may be a bit more sinister. My bank wouldn't authorize any transaction to PWE. I called them and asked why, and they said it was because they have been put on my bank's "bad list," so to speak. I couldn't get a straight answer or a completed transaction, and it made me think.

We all know Chinese profit-based websites are SERIOUSLY shady. I always thought it was limited to dating sites, mail-order brides, and sex industry related schemes. It would appear that PWE has somehow gotten themselves into the same category. I don't know the details, but after seeing how they work and how VASTLY this game has changed...well, it actually makes some sense.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.