test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Call to boycott

124»

Comments

• juanvenkatjuanvenkat Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    At this point I am just waiting on them to go after contraband and marauding since it's the only thing left they haven't nerfed or deleted.
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    vaklo wrote: »
    The only MMO boycott action that I am aware of that worked, was Star Wars Galaxies that had a protest for wookie armor. The developers added the armor.

So what you really need is a demonstration. Get everyone you can to one spot in game, be silent and don't move, then at some appointed time, everyone says the same thing like "un-nerf Tau Dewa" or whatever. Video it, post process the video, and then put it on youtube.

If you cannot get enough people into the same Instance, then do it across many and video each one.

Summary - organize a demonstration.

Oh, oh, please do it in kerrat. Please? I wanna boost my numbers and get free **** while doing it.
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ghyudt wrote: »
    Oh, oh, please do it in kerrat. Please? I wanna boost my numbers and get free **** while doing it.

That would probably be concidered an exploit by the devs and get all your free stuff and your numbers taken away and you probably banned.

Hey the devs have called wierder stuff exploits.
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A BIG part of the problem is not really with the company in and of itself (though that can/is part of the issue), but with the shareholders of the company. If the shareholders want something released or done at a certain time, it will happen no exceptions, not matter HOW buggy or money grubbing it is.
  • donowickdonowick Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Boycott the game because people got caught taking advantage of a bug? Well I look at it this way if they didn't get greedy they might of not noticed. But that is me and sure I did some leveling there but didn't stay at one system and leveled only what I needed to go on.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    juanvenkat wrote: »
    At this point I am just waiting on them to go after contraband and marauding since it's the only thing left they haven't nerfed or deleted.

I... can't help it... must... play along...

Nah, it'll be the Federation development cycle. 250% of the KDF or Rom T6 ship offerings is clearly not balanced. Despite this having been placed into the game by the development team, and commented on in feedback prior to launch, it should be obvious that this is an exploit. Any player having any of the three extra T6 ships will be considered to be using an exploit, and will be banned; any player possessing more than two T6 ships will have those additional ships removed for balance purposes.

:P

As far as a boycott... meh, I'll play until I tire of it. Then I won't. It's F2P, so we all have that option... our stuff will still be here if/when we come back so long as the game is.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • synchronicity75synchronicity75 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I will continue to play and spend a little money here and there.
    I was around for the Valve L4D2 boycott which had more traction and publicity and didn't go anywhere.

I wish you good luck and god speed with this endeavour.
  • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well let's just say this:

Darmok and Jalad at Cryptic.
    Temba, Cryptic's arms wide. (they want my money)
    Temba, at rest. Jalad at rest, with wallet closed.
    Mirab, with sails unfurled.

;)

However, I think 'the beast at Tenagra' is here...a very big one with sharp pointy teeth...
    Let's hope it is not 'Shaka when the walls fell' and we can instead say 'Sokath, his eyes uncovered'