test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Call to boycott

smoketh2smoketh2 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
Before I go any further let me just say how much I used to like playing this game. "USED TO".

I don't know about the rest of you but that forum post by the current EP is the biggest load of tosh I have ever read.

How do you account for the fact that some people who have levelled "excessively" using Japori haven't had their skill points affected while others have.

I haven't got a problem with everyone being nerfed back to the same level on specialization points if you deem it a genuine exploit, but when there is a massive inconsistency given the reports that some players have been heavily nerfed and others haven't been touched at all it makes what you are saying complete and utter c**p and an outright lie.

As for trying to get points back by contacting CS. Good luck with that they are the most incompetent CS team I have seen out of any MMO I have played.

I for one am boycotting this game until cryptic properly address this issue and I call on you the loyal player base to do the same. This is not fair on any of us. With what cryptic have done has only made the issue ten times worse by penalizing some players and in many cases completely innocent players and letting other players who admitted they did exploit get away with it.

Cryptic - fix this now before your game dies!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by smoketh2 on

Comments

• Options
    knockyknocky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am playing their game....with my wallet closed now.

When the cash dries up, then we will see if that changes their pisspoor attitude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    illyrian2008illyrian2008 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not paying a cent.

Not even converting dil to Zen.

Logging in twice a week when I feel like it.

Sitting on the forums when I have time.

So yep, my pleasure to boycott STO, better yet I am funding the mmo competition.
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'll play the game but.....

they made a lot of moneywith DR as they say its the best addon since

from now on if there is no compensation for the BS going on right now

no cent indeed!
    no buyn next addon even if its palyable borg faction
    no buyn any zen
    no buyn any anyth

so far let the **ITstorm flow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    knocky wrote: »

When the cash dries up, then we will see if that changes their pisspoor attitude.

Same here. My wallet has been close since December 28, 2013... I have my reasons. Been using dilithium for zen... $$$$ is a no no.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zarxidejackozarxidejacko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just got 10k Zen, time to feed the market!
    You have no power here huehuehue.
    2010 is my join date.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Huehuehue, just 10k, cheapskate.

Huehuehue, with your postings I would expect at least 20k per month.

Hop to it, Cryptic needs you.

Huehuehue.
  • Options
    zarxidejackozarxidejacko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Huehuehue, just 10k, cheapskate.

Huehuehue, with your postings I would expect at least 20k per month.

Hop to it, Cryptic needs you.

Huehuehue.

Yes they do, now more than ever :D
    2010 is my join date.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=193hOTS5xUI

splitter!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014

:D Excellent so I am actually getting you to spend more money while I spend none, works for me.
  • Options
    potencethe1stpotencethe1st Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    More like I'm done with this game and will be spending a significant amount of time this weekend mobilizing to get this fiasco out to the gaming sites for widespread media coverage of what NOT to do to your playerbase a week after an expansion.
  • Options
    grimlyonegrimlyone Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2014

So much of this...

I'm no spending the ******n penny on this game. I wanted to get myself a DR pack for B-day, but this whole mess changed my mind. I'll spend this cash on something more useful.

I'll still play the game, as right now when I'm on laptop, it's one of the few online games i actually can play. But that's about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The beast at Tanagra.
    Kadir beneath Mo Moteh. Kiteo, his eyes closed. Chenza at court, the court of silence. Darmok on the ocean.
    Shaka, when the walls fell.
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    More like I'm done with this game and will be spending a significant amount of time this weekend mobilizing to get this fiasco out to the gaming sites for widespread media coverage of what NOT to do to your playerbase a week after an expansion.

I just deleted the positive review for this game I made years a go, I ought to thank you for saying what you did because I forgot it even existed. Now just pondering about writing a scathing review to replace it or not...
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I just deleted the positive review for this game I made years a go, I ought to thank you for saying what you did because I forgot it even existed. Now just pondering about writing a scathing review to replace it or not...

good job !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    road signs, and bathroom door hangers.
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    scrooge69 wrote: »
    good job !

Your name is Scrooge, that was priceless :P
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    alright, only if there are girlcotts too, i am not sleeping on one of those, they are made of burlap, the cott is calling, i sleep, night night :D

*giggles, hugs random people and skips away to bed*
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited October 2014

At least someone is happy covering those of us who have stopped. I may get operations when my lifetime stipend trickles in, currently at 3000, you're going to be waiting a while for your next nearest thing to a purchase from me cryptic.
  • Options
    imperialmirrorimperialmirror Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well I have lost interest in STO now. I have 15 characters and i only have 2 up to lvl60. Now with the XP nerf it will take forever too get the other 13 characters up to lvl60.

Because of this nerf I'm Considering deleting most my characters now.

I only bought two ships with this "expansion" and i only used free Zen from converting Dilithium and my monthly stipend. I am proud too say i have not spent real money on this game in over a year.

But with the XP nerf it take forever too get my other characters up to lvl60 and with only 2 characters at top lvl to grind Dil with, I have lost interest in grinding Dil to get zen in order to get the ships i want. I do not want too spend months grinding my characters too lvl60 too grind more for Dilithium and the crawl to lvl60.

I have lost interest in STO and faith in Cryptic to do the right thing. From what i have been hearing from in game and on the forums, they don't care what we say and they just want us too deal with it and play. I am expecting this post too be deleted so..... Oh well. For those who will keep playing the game i wish you the best. For those how are boycotting, Thank you.
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I have to mention this, as everyone was worried about Cryptic Studios when they were bought by Perfect World Entertainment. Everything predicted came out to be true, on how PWE would kill this game. Is it Doooooooooooooooomm !!!!!! yet? No, not by a long shot.

But note this, the moment when every single player shuts their wallets permanently; It is the moment where either PWE will sell Cryptic Studios, or fire everyone and shut the game down forever. Think about that.

I love Star Trek, been a fan since I was a child, and I would love to see another Star Trek MMO in the works. I am willing to sacrifice my desire for this Star Trek game, if it gives way for a better company to make a superior MMO Star Trek game. However; That being said, not many here are willing to make such a sacrifice, especially if they already invested thousands of dollars into this game.

Cryptic has potential, I will admit that, they "Can" make a superior Star trek experience, but their parent company is killing their development & they themselves tend to shoot themselves on the foot. It is too bad that soo much potential is being wasted for the sake of making tons of cash for their parent company, and that be PWE.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    had two companies fighting over which one should get my services on a shop floor stacking shelves, the second one start up on tuesday so i may not be around as much but that dont mean i wont be around for the game. the boycott i see as a waste of time and effort.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Omg, STFU. We get it. You're not happy. Neither are many other people. But guess what? The majority of us have not had an issue with this. When it comes to MMOs, there's hardly ever a consistent crime and punishment system in place. Its impossible to keep track of every single person, no matter how thorough you are. Actually, having you jackasses leave is the best thing right now. The fewer players there are, the easier it is to keep up with everything, and the servers all run much better too. So go ahead, stop playing. I'll keep putting a few bucks in once in a while, and I'll enjoy the game with less lag. Sounds like a win win.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I do have a problem with everyone being nerfed back considering I didn't go over to the rom area until After their so called patch and only for Rom rep points because I was unaware of the situation.

Further I think it's definitely extremely bad practice to leave something in your game, to get reports on it during the testing phase, and then blame the players for your lack of action during the testing phase. Why do you have a PTR again? oh I dunno so people can make videos about the content prelaunch....smh

It was further reported during that testing phase that there were holes in their "massive" content patch (their words not mine when they talked at length about how packed full this expansion would be) but they didn't do anything about that either.

It's amazing how these things never seem to be the developers fault.
  • Options
    imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nah, i'll continue to spend money on the game i like :D i've never had a reason to stop playing, i've never been wronged by Cryptic, never lost anything, i am happy to keep playing so good luck with your boycott :D

(the only reason i'm bothering with posting in this thread, is because i have seen so many of these exact threads these last few days, i might as well give my, possibly aggravating(i hope it is) opinion :D)
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    boycott the other white exploit lololol
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014

^^ Pretty much this. I have invested too much in the game, to just boycott it in full. But I won't spend another dime on it, untill I get my XP back. You take away my skillpoints?! I take away your income!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    NO......That is all.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    ^^ Pretty much this. I have invested too much in the game, to just boycott it in full. But I won't spend another dime on it, untill I get my XP back. You take away my skillpoints?! I take away your income!

I used to spend anywhere from 50-100 USD a month Pre DR

Post DR? nope not one red cent and i refuse to spend money on such a crappy product

Ty cryptic for saving me some money :D
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014

yep same here was going to buy the new dauntless and some dill that was until they called me a cheater
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    yep same here was going to buy the new dauntless and some dill that was until they called me a cheater

awe man you know you were cheatin cause cryptic said so lol

wait so was i ....i was on new rom and got whacked by the tau dewa penalty :confused:

IM A CHEATER!!!!!!!! :eek:
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »

Same here. I was going to get a Dauntless this month, the Hazari Destroyer, and maybe a few other C-Store T6 ships. All of that is Past Tense now.
    3lsZz0w.jpg