test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Call to boycott

Comments

• vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daqhegh wrote: »
    I stopped spending money on this game shortly after PWE bought the game. But my reason may be a bit more sinister. My bank wouldn't authorize any transaction to PWE. I called them and asked why, and they said it was because they have been put on my bank's "bad list," so to speak. I couldn't get a straight answer or a completed transaction, and it made me think.

We all know Chinese profit-based websites are SERIOUSLY shady. I always thought it was limited to dating sites, mail-order brides, and sex industry related schemes. It would appear that PWE has somehow gotten themselves into the same category. I don't know the details, but after seeing how they work and how VASTLY this game has changed...well, it actually makes some sense.

What kind of bank or country is that? If my bank patronized me that way I'd get another bank. Seriously.
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    vocmcp wrote: »
    What kind of bank or country is that? If my bank patronized me that way I'd get another bank. Seriously.

I actually told them it's my money and I can spend it wherever, but they still refused to do the transaction. PWE is in their ****list for one reason or another.

And it's JP Morgan Chase. Figures, don't it?
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you want change, just stop giving any money. There are things they need to change (the queues and whole endgame set up since RD launch being the obvious thing and the recent patch did NOT cut it).

I put $20 on this game on DR launch and won't be putting another dime down until they honestly start fixing these things they are crippling the game.
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    smoketh2 wrote: »
    Before I go any further let me just say how much I used to like playing this game. "USED TO".

I don't know about the rest of you but that forum post by the current EP is the biggest load of tosh I have ever read.

How do you account for the fact that some people who have levelled "excessively" using Japori haven't had their skill points affected while others have.

I haven't got a problem with everyone being nerfed back to the same level on specialization points if you deem it a genuine exploit, but when there is a massive inconsistency given the reports that some players have been heavily nerfed and others haven't been touched at all it makes what you are saying complete and utter c**p and an outright lie.

As for trying to get points back by contacting CS. Good luck with that they are the most incompetent CS team I have seen out of any MMO I have played.

I for one am boycotting this game until cryptic properly address this issue and I call on you the loyal player base to do the same. This is not fair on any of us. With what cryptic have done has only made the issue ten times worse by penalizing some players and in many cases completely innocent players and letting other players who admitted they did exploit get away with it.

Cryptic - fix this now before your game dies!

I support the boycott.

Consider this a vote of no confidence.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • banshirbanshir Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daqhegh wrote: »
    I actually told them it's my money and I can spend it wherever, but they still refused to do the transaction. PWE is in their ****list for one reason or another.

And it's JP Morgan Chase. Figures, don't it?

I've used my Chase CC to buy Zen many times. Never had any problems.
  • hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    How many more times does it have to be said, the forums are only a small part of the player base.

This is pointless and people are still spending money, so enjoy you protest - wave your virtual placards.

See you back in game, next week? Week after?

Using the official forums also shows support for the game, when people hold real life protests, they don't do it in the place they are spouting off against. By posting here, you show you are still supporting the game and will be back in it at some point - so your temper tantrum really means nothing.

I would disagree forums have a major effect on newer f2p players who read about the game before deciding to download and play. Having a forum with lots of negative feedback like sto does is affecting newer players. And i think its pretty much a protest if players just stop spending money but just keep playing the game.
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
  • vaklovaklo Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The only MMO boycott action that I am aware of that worked, was Star Wars Galaxies that had a protest for wookie armor. The developers added the armor.

So what you really need is a demonstration. Get everyone you can to one spot in game, be silent and don't move, then at some appointed time, everyone says the same thing like "un-nerf Tau Dewa" or whatever. Video it, post process the video, and then put it on youtube.

If you cannot get enough people into the same Instance, then do it across many and video each one.

Summary - organize a demonstration.
    edited October 2014
    vaklo wrote: »
    The only MMO boycott action that I am aware of that worked, was Star Wars Galaxies that had a protest for wookie armor. The developers added the armor.

So what you really need is a demonstration. Get everyone you can to one spot in game, be silent and don't move, then at some appointed time, everyone says the same thing like "un-nerf Tau Dewa" or whatever. Video it, post process the video, and then put it on youtube.

If you cannot get enough people into the same Instance, then do it across many and video each one.

Summary - organize a demonstration.

...and the video will be IGNORED, like everything else player created.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
    edited October 2014
    banshir wrote: »
    I've used my Chase CC to buy Zen many times. Never had any problems.

Ah. Oh well. No big loss, really.
  • sililossililos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My wallets now closed and my sub canceled.

Hasn't stopped me playing....from time to time anyway..... Ok i admit. DR has made the game a boring grind fest and keeps me from bothering most the time.
  • mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I may convert any earned Dil to Zen, but I'm not going to send one more penny of real money until Cryptic re-adjusts their attitude against players. I guess Rick Sternbach was right; these Devs really are unprofessional.
  • jaysonn1jaysonn1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    they may have taken our lives ( Money & Time ) but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM! ( Choice of playing ).

To be truthful I don't think boycotts will do any good most times. Only thing to do is stop playing their game and go play something else for awhile or take a break. come back in about a week or two after monthly money tally's then if nothing has happen yet go another month till you see change's to the game you agree with. I am not going to give you fake % so I will leave them blank.

Their is a % that will agree with you.
    Another % that wont agree with you.
    Another % that will never know what's going on and keeps playing.
    Another % that will be just joining.
    Another % that just don't care.

Even if your % has most of paying people their is always people that will pay ( born suckers every day ) with the amount this game charges for stuff is insane so they will loose money but get enough to keep going even if they have to stop making more content. Edited added note: this isn't including the survey sites and ads to get you to buy their stuff with the zen that they buy.

less you can get more % then the other 4 % groups you might have a chance for this type of protest to work but that can only have 2 turn outs. They listen and fix it or the game shuts down.

So now if you get your % or even Some of your % to play another game or take a break for awhile they might loose enough without coming to a conclusion of shutting down but see that change needs to be done. that's even not counting the % that's already Gone.

their is still a % that nothing happens , they fix it, or game shuts down.

Edited added note: ( food for thought ) This post took me 9 or more edits to get right. missed spelled words, sentence in wrong place ,and added notes. Was my fault I rushed it out and didn't take the time to fix it before releasing to the public. could still see these kind changes soon in the game also. ( their is some hopeful thinking for you )
  • xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    All i see is another qqers minority bs thread. This forum have a very gentle moderators.
  • rogerthomsonrogerthomson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xlesha911 wrote: »
    All i see is another qqers minority bs thread. This forum have a very gentle moderators.

What do you care you seem someone who does not spend much money on this game. I am sure about that else you would care.
  • juanvenkatjuanvenkat Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not much to do about it, from the developer side.

They can't re-roll or admit to anything, no matter what it costs them they have to stay the course and post the next pre-prepared blog written in may about how awesome the game is doing, no matter how ridiculous it looks.

Additionally, if they accept any kind of responsibility they open themselves up to owing compensation.

As tacofangs said the policy now is to not include players, don't matter if you have a point or not.
  • jaysonn1jaysonn1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    juanvenkat wrote: »
    Not much to do about it, from the developer side.

They can't re-roll or admit to anything, no matter what it costs them they have to stay the course and post the next pre-prepared blog written in may about how awesome the game is doing, no matter how ridiculous it looks.

Additionally, if they accept any kind of responsibility they open themselves up to owing compensation.

As tacofangs said the policy now is to not include players, don't matter if you have a point or not.

If I was Dev this would be the action I would take. I would then change enough to please people without admitting anything. this is if I was thinking like them. my approach would be different

what I would do: Admit mistakes was made, change the exp that you get for faster leveling but not enough so you still need to grind some, give out some exp boost to all people 50 and above, tell people that we will try to communicate better for future events. then hope that I can save enough loyal fans.
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We're probably past the point of no return. It's headed straight for the dead zone or limbo. You only get so many chances to fix a game.
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes they do, now more than ever :D

if u wanna help Cryptic, kick PWE where it hurts...the sooner the players matter, the sooner they will fix the bug and give us trek related content....that doesnt require droping cash for every detail, its becoming worse then SWTOR! ...take that message back to the collective Hue
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    catstarsto wrote: »
    if u wanna help Cryptic, kick PWE where it hurts...the sooner the players matter, the sooner they will fix the bug and give us trek related content....that doesnt require droping cash for every detail, its becoming worse then SWTOR! ...take that message back to the collective Hue

PWE are a publisher only interested in money. If a venture becomes unprofitable, they'll shut it down, not fix it. It's easier to get money to start a venture than fix a failing IP.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I used to spend anywhere from 50-100 USD a month Pre DR

Post DR? nope not one red cent and i refuse to spend money on such a crappy product

Ty cryptic for saving me some money :D

Finally someone who says like I am saying. Instead of "It's JUST A GAME !!" calling it as it is "A PRODUCT". Step off, players, from that mentality of "it's just a game" and consider whatever you do play as a product.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    PWE are a publisher only interested in money. If a venture becomes unprofitable, they'll shut it down, not fix it. It's easier to get money to start a venture than fix a failing IP.

Then they can do as APB Reloaded did when Gameforce lost their interest in it. Moving over to another publisher. Wait, APB went to PWE. The idiots. :D
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • zero2362zero2362 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not gonna stop playing but im not buying any more zen either. Ill make do with my monthly zen thank you very much
    343rguu.jpg

• jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    zero2362 wrote: »
    Not gonna stop playing but im not buying any more zen either. Ill make do with my monthly zen thank you very much

BUT in rebutle

If you play but dont buy zen isnt the monthly stipend an exploit according to cryptics logic? :confused:
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited October 2014
    The players Broke SOE/Star Wars Galaxy's until the game was finally taken off the Net from actions just like this

Mad players took that game down...Its history

I would suggest cryptic read the SWG history and throw john smedleys play book for running MMO's in the trash can
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • wen1503wen1503 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Like the game, volunteer tribble beta tester.

Caught a lot of bugs, all testers did. I assume some just wanted a sneek peak but many reported and commented.

Heck there were plenty of comments from non testers.

Was everything fixed? No, but they are working on it. I'm sure they were working to an imposed deadline...especially when they releasted the mk Xiii early (imo - especially with bugged consoles still)

Think the exp generation rate is a bit low after the "fix" but data will prove it sooner or later.

Think all the "haters" have lost their civility...plain rude.

Boycot? Heck no, this to will pass...and just get better.

If for nothing else, the upgrades rock (admittedly expensive but I didn't buy anything. When it was announced I just started burning through my almost a million stockpiled ore and have only used about 500K dil. Not fully upgraded but all weapons and all consoles that add crit...Not going to upgrade other stuff till I finish DR rep...Those items are very nice.

All ready have the console :) Yes have done enough Disconnected pugs to get two of them to at least one Boss down...thats enough to get one ancient battery. Frustrating as heck when you see 4 guys all follow each other to the same spot...failed on first option as I told them...

Specializations are a mixed bag - some suit my play style other not...but rock & roll just ROCKS (ib the right circumstances.

All you hates - blow it out your as*
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wen1503 wrote: »
    Like the game, volunteer tribble beta tester.

Caught a lot of bugs, all testers did. I assume some just wanted a sneek peak but many reported and commented.

Heck there were plenty of comments from non testers.

Was everything fixed? No, but they are working on it. I'm sure they were working to an imposed deadline...especially when they releasted the mk Xiii early (imo - especially with bugged consoles still)

Think the exp generation rate is a bit low after the "fix" but data will prove it sooner or later.

Think all the "haters" have lost their civility...plain rude.

Boycot? Heck no, this to will pass...and just get better.

If for nothing else, the upgrades rock (admittedly expensive but I didn't buy anything. When it was announced I just started burning through my almost a million stockpiled ore and have only used about 500K dil. Not fully upgraded but all weapons and all consoles that add crit...Not going to upgrade other stuff till I finish DR rep...Those items are very nice.

All ready have the console :) Yes have done enough Disconnected pugs to get two of them to at least one Boss down...thats enough to get one ancient battery. Frustrating as heck when you see 4 guys all follow each other to the same spot...failed on first option as I told them...

Specializations are a mixed bag - some suit my play style other not...but rock & roll just ROCKS (ib the right circumstances.

All you hates - blow it out your as*

This post is the perfect example of why a boycott would never work. Simply put, the person admits that bugs that were found on Tribble were never fixed before it went live because of an internal self-imposed release deadline, and that we on live are basically playing a beta test while they fix all the bugs.

And then he goes on to basically say that anyone who pays subscriptions and paid $120 for the delta pack to play a beta version of the game on live should blow it out their ***.

Perfect example of a player where Cryptic can do no wrong, no matter what TRIBBLE they give to him, because they'll "eventually fix it" even though there are still bugs from season 1 in the game.

It's people like him that is the reason that Cryptic feels it can do everything it does and get away with it, because they'll continue to play and love and give Cryptic a thumb's up regardless of what they do and how they do it.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »
    The players Broke SOE/Star Wars Galaxy's until the game was finally taken off the Net from actions just like this

Mad players took that game down...Its history

I would suggest cryptic read the SWG history and throw john smedleys play book for running MMO's in the trash can

We need to do that here! Maybe... Just maybe, we will then get a company to do a decent Trek game once again.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In this thread Apologists admit to being gamblers.
  • clooney002clooney002 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    This post is the perfect example of why a boycott would never work. Simply put, the person admits that bugs that were found on Tribble were never fixed before it went live because of an internal self-imposed release deadline, and that we on live are basically playing a beta test while they fix all the bugs.

And then he goes on to basically say that anyone who pays subscriptions and paid $120 for the delta pack to play a beta version of the game on live should blow it out their ***.

Perfect example of a player where Cryptic can do no wrong, no matter what TRIBBLE they give to him, because they'll "eventually fix it" even though there are still bugs from season 1 in the game.

It's people like him that is the reason that Cryptic feels it can do everything it does and get away with it, because they'll continue to play and love and give Cryptic a thumb's up regardless of what they do and how they do it.

And that right there aint no shiite!!
  • xms9779xms9779 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rsoblivion wrote: »

The IP isn't failing. The IP is the only reason this game has lasted as long as it has. How many people would really be playing this game if it was just some random space grind game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]