What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

advanced and elite difficulty, listen up

Comments

• gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wardcalis wrote: »
    then play on normal

then tell me how to get, ACP, BNP, implants, and cybernetics to get the rep gear

they are not offered in normal
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2014
    I am finding that defend ri'ihho station advanced has been turned into a DPS race. Before DR hit, we did not need tacties to push tact team.
    edited October 2014
    honestly advanced should of been left a one and remained exactly like the old elite with us being leveled down to 50 instead of bumping every thing to 60

the only difficulty to have level 60 should be elite.
  • illyrian2008illyrian2008 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gpgtx wrote: »
    then tell me how to get, ACP, BNP, implants, and cybernetics to get the rep gear

they are not offered in normal

Open your wallet, buy zen, convert zen into dil, invest into crafting.

Working as intended.

And I remember you being Cryptic defender when I criticized DR before release, you got what you defended - enjoy.
    edited October 2014
    Open your wallet, buy zen, convert zen into dil, invest into crafting.

Working as intended.

And I remember you being Cryptic defender when I criticized DR before release, you got what you defended - enjoy.

when did i defend any thing? have a link or are you just confused?
  • tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    @OP
    You are not considering one main factor that is left out. Advanced PVE's also are the only way to get the special items (isomorphic, neural, etc.) that are needed to buy items from the rep system.

The rep system is a lvl 50 based system and was set up for it. This is no longer the case. This also make all tier 5 ships useless for these missions, yet these are the types of missions these ships were designed to be used within.
    If you use your logic then the rep system should be rescaled to only begin at lvl 60 and the stuff within it moved up to mark 14.

The problem the developers did not take into account is that they kept the rep system start at lvl 50. Yet they scaled the advanced pve's for higher level players, not for those just beginning the rep to be able to gain the items and save them, while they also build their rep. The new changes now require a starting player to begin saving and building rep at lvl 50 right away, because they will also have to upgrade that equipment as they work to get too level 60.
    As you noted the scale between level 50 and 60 is more exponential in power and starts right at level 51. Mark 13 equipment should only become available at level 55 not level 51. When you look at overall game progression it works this way. Yet since DR it does not. You need to be lvl 50 to use mk12..but in one lvl you can go above that to mk13. This right here is the mistake the developers made in the game progression.

Prehaps they need to add a new catagory like master to the pve que for level 60 people. Keep normal below level 50 so people could save up makrs like before. Use advanced to earn 1 speciaial item. Uese elite to give the old bonus to one player of a few more. And master for lvl 60 and above with the proper gear score. many games use gear score for advance end of game play....yet you still need a way for people to get to that area. You need a way for them to progress.
  • johndroidjohndroid Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Listen up cry babies

advanced difficulty is NOT suppose to be easy. It is suppose to be at the SAME level the OLD elites were at pre power creep.

now, if you

are NOT level 60
    do NOT have t13/14 gear
    do NOT have a t6 or fleet t5u ship

If you lack these things, any of them,

YOU ARE UNDERPOWERED and should expect hardship

the content is not over powered. you are lacking

the difference from t12-t13 is not like t11-t12 there is a much greater power divide and the same thing goes for t13-14, the delta is much greater than t12-t13

think of it like this.

IF!!!
    T11 is 20% stronger than than T10
    T12 is also 20% stronger than T11

but

on that same scale

T13 is 45% stronger than T12
    and
    T14 is 60% stronger than T13

those numbers aren't accurate by any means but I used them to show the point

the NEW ELITE difficulty is intended for organized, preassembled groups where each team member knows thier roll ahead of time, are using voice communication to work together and all of the members in the group have GOLD SHIPS (in case you don't know what that means, that means, ships with full T14 gold quality gear)

I have all MkXIII except for 2 universal , i chose to do a smaller assignment in Eti Edriani had my monbosh in middle of battle , my settings were on Elite I was fighting 2 federation science vessels,
    Now I'm a beam boat with half elachi half elite beam arrays, i was hitting 1 of them with all my beams from side , the sci ships both were hitting me with single shot phasers and i looked at dmg there average hit were around 2k to 1k each of them , my hits were 3400 or higher and i was trading more shots fired and more shots hitting them , I was getting owned they were hammering me , both sci ships said -5 they were killing me with less than a quarter of shots than I fired and had less power ? ever since my noob days at lvl 1 I'd feel weak and beaten by weaker enemy's than me just to level up to 2 , this feels the same ? so I fire more weps do more dmg get owned by enemys with less level skill and with less xp given on killing them on elite ? when my settings are on normal now I level faster how stupid is that and there math dynamics work haha , Its not about normal advanced or elite you say LOL I say by fact of me playing on normal getting more drops and xp or sp you 100% wrong and there math of drops is wrong and there lack of PVP killed that off completely don't you think ? haha get real play before you post sympathy just to be wrong nuff said later........
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Oh, i don't know...maybe you wanna be in a fleet with friends maybe? Or maybe you just don't wanna. Saying that EVERYONE new from now on MUST join an established and fully leveled fleet or stand no chance of advancement is pretty stupid.

Not even slightly important anyway, as long as you are in one, and you have Provision use access, you can get the stuff by Starbase Invites.

Except for ships, you need to leave your Fleet, join a different Fleet of required Tier for your ship, then you can go back to your original Fleet. Less Fleets do this as the Fleet's own Provisions are used buying the ship, but some do.

Nerd of Prey Public Service Channel.
  • zarxidejackozarxidejacko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Listen up cry babies

advanced difficulty is NOT suppose to be easy. It is suppose to be at the SAME level the OLD elites were at pre power creep.

now, if you

are NOT level 60
    do NOT have t13/14 gear

the difference from t12-t13 is not like t11-t12 there is a much greater power divide and the same thing goes for t13-14, the delta is much greater than t12-t13

think of it like this.

IF!!!

but

on that same scale

and

the NEW ELITE difficulty is intended for organized, preassembled groups where each team member knows thier roll ahead of time, are using voice communication to work together and all of the members in the group have GOLD SHIPS (in case you don't know what that means, that means, ships with full T14 gold quality gear)

Give that man a medal !
    Stop being bad, git gud or play normal.
    2010 is my join date.
  • sangrinesangrine Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Simple question.

If you can't play Advanced or Elite - how can you hope in hell to get the resources necessary to have XIII in the first place.

You can't.

But you can BUY THEM. EC, DIL, ZEN, $$$$.

The casual player doesn't have a chance. And they are leaving.

The game is no longer F2P.

I never spent any real money on STO.

This morning I finished upgrading all my beams, tac consoles, enhanced neutronium consoles, and various dps-related consoles on my fleet Avenger to MK XIV. Cost me approximately 100M EC and 150k diilthium. It's expensive but all the EC and dilthium can be farmed. In my experience with free2play games, STO is the easiest to farm. Earning EC in STO is so easy.

I honestly don't even know where those technology point things come from. I simply buy them on the exchange and then use them to upgrade my gear. Resources from Advanced/elite missions are absolutely not required to upgrade gear.

Casual players who only login a few times every month and don't spend any real money, do not deserve to have the best gear.

By the way, I did advanced Khitomer yesterday and it was not terribly difficult.
    You don't need super high dps to do Khitomer. You need time and be able to tank or survive the cubes when they warp in. If you cant solo a cube, then let someone else attack it first.
  • sangrinesangrine Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    There is a difference between login and farm and login and spend real money or your stuck in the kiddy pool section.

If advanced/elite are nerfed, then everyone will be stuck in the kiddy pool.
    Before Delta rising, almost the entire game was one big kiddy pool.
    I almost quit playing in summer because the game was too easy. STF's were boringly easy.
    Only reason I returned is (1) for the new episode and (2) for the increased difficulty.

Cryptic is a for-profit company, not a charity.
    Free players do not pay Cryptic's bills.
    Free players are allowed to play because they add value to Cryptic's games.
    If STO was more profitable as pay2play, then free players such as me would be kicked.

Free players are not kicked because the paying players want/need/enjoy playing with free players.
    Free players are allowed for the benefit of paying players.
    If Cryptic were able to create NPC's which were more fun to play with, than free2play players, then free2play players would no longer be welcome because there would be no need for free2play players. I believe you already understand all this.
    Accept it and deal with it.

Cryptic should focus their attention on Star Trek fans (I am a huge Star trek fan). Keep the paying star trek fans happy, whether that means free2play or pay2play or whatever.

The random mmo player who thinks STO is just another mmo is not the type of player who Cryptic should target. The random mmo player will not play STO forever. She/he will, sooner or later,move on to another random mmo. The star trek fans will always come back, at least until another Star Trek mmo or game is released. Catering to Star trek fans means catering to players who have been playing STO for many years, which means catering to well-geared players.

By the way, in my not-so-humble opinion, Delta Rising is definitely the best STO content released by Cryptic ever. If I thought DR was garbage, I would not hesitate to say it, but DR is very very good and that's why I am here on the forum, defending DR.
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Listen up cry babies

now, if you

are NOT level 60
    do NOT have t13/14 gear

think of it like this.

IF!!!

but

on that same scale

and

But the new advanced is not the old elite, the rewards got cut instead of elite just getting more and the upgrade system is an insult. You are lying.

Oh and you are underpowered in a different area....
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Harder missions, less reward?

F**CK THAT! :mad:
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • alexrichardsalexrichards Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think the OP forgot Wheaton's law...
    Admiral Alex 'Grumpy Cat' Richards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What you looking @ Admiral?"
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My complaint with the "New! Improved!" STFs has never been about my ability to successfully complete them. After all, they did not improve the AI, just made the ships bigger and added more of them. A longer Turkey Shoot against bigger and more numerous turkeys is still just a Turkey Shoot.

My complaint is with the rewards being halved.

As to the tone of the OP's post.

Obvious troll measuring his epeen in public is obvious. :rolleyes:
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    To the OP and all those ranting, did not have the patience to read all 6 pages are that, remember that gear is no substitute for skill.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    To the OP and all those ranting, did not have the patience to read all 6 pages are that, remember that gear is no substitute for skill.

She was lying.

sorry.

Anyway the point is and always will be: they upped the ante in advanced instead of keeping it "the same" and they cut down the rewards instead of simply handing out more rewards to the elite players.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Listen up cry babies

EDIT: this comes strait from Al “Captain Geko” Rivera, (lead designer) listen for yourself in the priorityone podcasts.

now, if you

are NOT level 60
    do NOT have t13/14 gear

think of it like this.

IF!!!

but

on that same scale

and

*Sniff ..sniff*

:eek:

I smell troll thread :eek:

now, if you

are NOT level 60
    do NOT have t13/14 gear

The troll is strong with this one

Trollololololololololololololol :D
    edited October 2014
    This is no troll. Just tired of people complaining its hard when they are in plain TRIBBLE purple t12 gear. Purple t12 gear is doable for very skilled players. Normal is where most should stay.

Advanced should prevent players from joining if they are unable to reach its minimum dps limit of 10k. Elite should block those under 25k dps

Dude if you read what your said its saying

OH hey you dont got the greatest gear ?

dying alot?

need the gear but cant get the gear becasue the best gear is locked behind the STFs which is harder then what you can do without the best gear but to get the best gear you need to do the advanced STF but to do the advanced STFs you need the best gears therefore infinite grind?

seriosuly your logic is flawed

If as was promised the advanced level was as the old elites its would be cool however its not its way to hard unless you got an uber ship and gear.

In short cryptic lied about difficulty and now we suffer wondering wth to do next.

U mad players? i expect that from cryptic soon
  • clooney002clooney002 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Im running Mark12 purple gear on my Scimi and have no problems with any advanced, but it absolutley sucks trying to pug because I can no longer carry the team if shiite goes south.

You cant fix stupid and making optionals mandatory only increases the risk of failure. And dont give me TRIBBLE about, well then you need to form a team and work together....WTF.....hell I cant even type fast enough and most pugs dont even pay attention to chat and who the hell am I to order people around..they dont know me. The teamwork needs to be taken to Elite..not Advanced.

This thread was just stupid from the start!
  • zero2362zero2362 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    statements made by devs dont worry you can stay compettetive with your current ships and gear. advanced is the same as old elite.

So devs are saying that the old gear is still competetive and new advanced is equal to old elite so T3 ships should be able to handle them as T3 ships could handle old elite.

According to you T5U or T6 ships are required along with Mk XIV gear so according to you the devs were lying
    343rguu.jpg

• ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This comes strait from Al “Captain Geko” Rivera, (lead designer) listen for yourself in the priorityone podcasts.

So man up or shut up. If you don't want to upgrade, stick to normal and save everyone else your sub-par performance.

That's funny because the same Al Rivera said you could be competative in the new Advanced with your T5 ships and MK XII gear, no need to upgrade.

Remember all those times he said that. Now suddenly he's saying we need to upgrade to be competative.

Hmmm... me thinks I smell a spin.
    edited October 2014
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    That's funny because the same Al Rivera said you could be competative in the new Advanced with your T5 ships and MK XII gear, no need to upgrade.

Remember all those times he said that. Now suddenly he's saying we need to upgrade to be competative.

Hmmm... me thinks I smell a spin.

I smell a straight up lie tbh
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    Listen up cry babies

EDIT: this comes strait from Al “Captain Geko” Rivera, (lead designer) listen for yourself in the priorityone podcasts.

now, if you

are NOT level 60
    do NOT have t13/14 gear

think of it like this.

IF!!!

but

on that same scale

and

Its like this. Full purple t12 gear. Is like having full t10 greens. When your looking at advanced thats the delta.

Congratulations, you're an idiot.

If you can't get the materials for R&D from elites in the first place, you cannot make the weapons necessary to compete there.

It's a Catch-22.

Dilithium has been cut back; the VR mats cannot be 'earned', and dilithium is the primary driver for upgrades. Oh, and they cut XP as well while making it harder.

You can buy them. So it's not impossible. You can earn dil in small incremental amounts; or run deferra grounds till your eyes bleed. The point being the way most players earned dil was through the STF's. This is no longer the case.

This kills alts. This kills the casual gamer.

End of story.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    I smell a straight up lie tbh

Nope - it is a lie. Nothing small about it.
    edited October 2014
    Nope - it is a lie. Nothing small about it.

small?? :confused:

i said SMELL a straight up lie lol
  • donowickdonowick Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Listen up cry babies

now, if you

are NOT level 60
    do NOT have t13/14 gear

think of it like this.

IF!!!

but

on that same scale

and

Its like this. Full purple t12 gear. Is like having full t10 greens. When your looking at advanced thats the delta.

Did you read your own post ?( Advance is suppose to be like the old elite ) well the old elite was for lvl 50 players not 60. ADVANCE IS NOT ELITE when will people remember this? They were suppose to have normal, advance and then elite but we don't have that. :rolleyes:
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Did you know that 73.439% of all internet statistics are pulled from the posters @ss?
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    OP,

How did you reach level 60 and gather all of your elite gear without participating in the high end content? It seems you accomplished this rather quickly. You probably would have anyone reading your diatribe believe you are better at this game than you are but it's more likely you progressed rapidly prior to some patching done earlier in the week.

Please take your elitist attitude and bounce on it. I'd offer you something more constructive like seeking out like-minded players and tackling content in prefab groups so you don't have to suffer playing with scrubs but personages like yourself don't tend to play well with others and have limited social possibilities because of their dismal interpersonal skills. On the bright side you have mk xiv gold gear. Congratulations.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Listen up cry babies

now, if you

are NOT level 60
    do NOT have t13/14 gear

think of it like this.

IF!!!

but

on that same scale

and

Well, I'm still a little confused. I haven't played any of the elite queues, since I haven't made 60 yet, but I have played the advanced ones, and regardless of what is stated by al Rivera, the enemies there are indeed harder than they were in the pre DR elite queues. I don't mean they hit any harder (except for the crystalline entitys fragments, those hurt now), but they all have a lot more HP than they used to. Let me put an example out there; fleet alert. I used to be able to kill a couple of enemies before they made it in firing range of the starbase. The new advanced, I barely get started on the second one before the next wave shows up. They do in fact take longer to kill. They are clearly not the same as the old elites. Now, you said "pre power creep". What does that mean? That power creep somehow made them weaker? That the enemies were stronger before a certain time and cryptic nerfed them? Please explain this.