test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stephen D’Angelo, Numbers and Logic

Comments

• rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As I see it though being in the DPS League doesn't qualify you as the best players in the game, far from it. It's the same principle of that stupid statement last night someone made about there being a number one player in the game, that we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

I would like to say my team mates are the top ground fighters, but I don't need to go around bragging about it and neither do they, we just enjoy the fact we take on the challenges and win them.

So you'll forgive me if I find the idea of the DPS people championing themselves as being the sole ones in the position to solve the current issues as a bit unsettling, because I wouldn't trust you guys with ground content.

Just to finish, I do realise there are more issues than the ground and space content, xp rewards and upgrade costs for example, I just don't like the idea of one single group trying to set it right.

TBH in the DPS race Jena/sarcasmdetector is one of the top players. People need to remember that this is one aspect of the game. Others are better in PvP for instance so if you keep context in play then it's not an inaccurate claim.

On the flipside the Dev's didn't balance the game for the top DPS players. They unbalanced the game by stacking HP and doing nothing to the AI to make them more useful. The AI is still TRIBBLE, so high DPS is all that's needed to win. The faster something dies the less you die as a result.

I build for PUG's more than DPS race as I don't have the money to waste getting Gold XIV gear. I have a build that's pretty good, I'll get a 20%ish DPS increase by adjusting my weapons and Tac consoles, and another 5%-10% from changing Deflector and Engines. Rest of my build is kinda similar.

I do love it when people say they have no skill (not referencing the quote here) doing the DPS runs. They have the same skill as those on a Drag Strip, it's a different type of skill needed to circuit racers, but both will insult each other's choice to the end of time for having a different view on the topic. PvPers have a great level of survival skill and a very predatory game style when in Ker'rat or the queues, yet they don't necessarily do DPS very well as survival and target annihilation are their priorities.

To that end if you PvP at all (lvl 60 PvP isn't even available in Ker'rat, lucky that leveling to 60 won't happen any time soon...) you'll notice the difference in playstyle. If you see how you get destroyed, how they know the tactics and predict their target's actions allowing them to counter it's fascinating. The DPS players know how the STF's run, the order that things happen and predict and counter that gameplay too, so same style applied in a different way.

Then you have the average people, the casual's the story players, the people who want to get a good ship but care little for how effective it will be, the RP'ers etc...
    They are all valid playstyles, but even then a minimum damage requirement will be needed for STF's whether ground or space. Currently if you get up to Mk XIII gear you may survive through ISA and as an avg player you'll probably even hit 12K DPS if you can fly your ship well.

The DPS increase from 7-8 Beams from 12 to 13 is large, to 14 even moreso. The Dev's are assuming that everyone is suddenly going to swallow their Upgrade Dil sink hard. The problem is most people are finding the Dil gate coupled with the time gate far too hard to swallow. It's utterly ridiculous to balance the game without any reference to the avg potential DPS of the player ships regardless of level. That is why this DPS issue and hull sponge issue is so much worse than it needs to be.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm so good I once captured a wild targ with by bare hands!
    I'm so good I made J'mpok disband the House of Torg as a lowly Bekk! I was all like - In ya' face, yo' Torg! :D
    I'm so good I polish my bat'leth with my teeth! :eek:
    I'm so good I completed Battle of Korfez Elite without impulse engines! Hear that D'An!?
    I'm so good I slot ground melee weapons in ship weapon slots and still out-DPS you average playerbase, Cryptic!
    I'm so good I mated with a Klingon woman and had no broken ribs afterwards!
    I'm so good I can do 'Tour the Galaxy' in under 5 mins without a warp-core on my ship! WITHOUT A WARP CORE D'Angelo, WITHOUT A WARP CORE!!! Look me up in game if you wanna' know how it's done. :D

Wait, what was this thread about again.....? :confused:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • grimlyonegrimlyone Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    abfabfleet wrote: »
    I smell NERBAT! :rolleyes: Yep.. some just can't let it go and accept an apology and file their tickets peacefully... drag it out.

I totally feel sorry for the devs, trendy and askray, they are going to have their hands full.

I feel sorry for the players. Because they are the ones that got punished because of devs incompetence.
    This is a nerdego-filled bragging thread with no real purpose.

Let the butthurt flow though you. He speaks the truth. Yes, you can get that amount of DPS. Yes, it takes time and practice. Yes, they want to be the best.

You have an issue with that? If you're not willing to sacrifice this much time or resources into this game, then fine. But don't expect to be as good as people they do commit a lot.
    lol wrecked! :cool:

Believe it or not, Mr. unsacredgrave that they actually do help people improve their builds. A lot. One of these "exploiters" is in my fleet's leadership. I wouldn't be as good as I am in this game ( I am not very good, but at least half-decent ) if it weren't for him.
    And he offers advice to people all the time. The issue is that in most cases just straight forward ignore it going "I know better" or "But it's my playstyle to use this horribly useless piece of gear that makes no sense for me to use".

There go the responses, let's get to the matter at hand. First of all words "D'Angelo and logic" shouldn't go together in one sentence. It's creating a paradox that may destroy our universe. I hope you're aware of that.

Bottom line is, you got punished for devs incompetence. People that are crying "exploit", not only actually used this exploit to level up themselves, but they either didn't care to level past 60, or didn't commit time to it.

There was a ****load of people at Tau Dewa doing patrols. A ****load even. Given time they all, including me, would have cross that magical not-working barrier of "10 points".

The issue at hand is, that, in my opinion, it creates a very dangerous trend. Dev can go in and slap "exploit" on everything. You got a lucky narcine of the box? Exploit. You used the +50% dil event to turn in your reputation or events to get more dil? Exploit. You got yourself some AP CrtDx4 beams that hit harder than anything in-game? Exploit.

At that point, if Patrol Missions that were in-game since Legacy of Romulus, everybody knew they were good for XP, and people were reporting it on tribble and yet crytpic did nothing... STILL it was classified as an exploit.

"We're not lazy, I promise" - Cryptic. Yes you bloody are. You can even code AI properly. The only way you can increase difficulty is by throwing more enemies with more HP and dmg at us. The AI is still pants on the head TRIBBLE. Hell, you can't even code pathfinding on your NPCs correctly, Mr. Demo in bug hunt be my witness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The beast at Tanagra.
    Kadir beneath Mo Moteh. Kiteo, his eyes closed. Chenza at court, the court of silence. Darmok on the ocean.
    Shaka, when the walls fell.
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    TBH in the DPS race Jena/sarcasmdetector is one of the top players. People need to remember that this is one aspect of the game. Others are better in PvP for instance so if you keep context in play then it's not an inaccurate claim.

On the flipside the Dev's didn't balance the game for the top DPS players. They unbalanced the game by stacking HP and doing nothing to the AI to make them more useful. The AI is still TRIBBLE, so high DPS is all that's needed to win. The faster something dies the less you die as a result.

I build for PUG's more than DPS race as I don't have the money to waste getting Gold XIV gear. I have a build that's pretty good, I'll get a 20%ish DPS increase by adjusting my weapons and Tac consoles, and another 5%-10% from changing Deflector and Engines. Rest of my build is kinda similar.

I do love it when people say they have no skill (not referencing the quote here) doing the DPS runs. They have the same skill as those on a Drag Strip, it's a different type of skill needed to circuit racers, but both will insult each other's choice to the end of time for having a different view on the topic. PvPers have a great level of survival skill and a very predatory game style when in Ker'rat or the queues, yet they don't necessarily do DPS very well as survival and target annihilation are their priorities.

To that end if you PvP at all (lvl 60 PvP isn't even available in Ker'rat, lucky that leveling to 60 won't happen any time soon...) you'll notice the difference in playstyle. If you see how you get destroyed, how they know the tactics and predict their target's actions allowing them to counter it's fascinating. The DPS players know how the STF's run, the order that things happen and predict and counter that gameplay too, so same style applied in a different way.

Then you have the average people, the casual's the story players, the people who want to get a good ship but care little for how effective it will be, the RP'ers etc...
    They are all valid playstyles, but even then a minimum damage requirement will be needed for STF's whether ground or space. Currently if you get up to Mk XIII gear you may survive through ISA and as an avg player you'll probably even hit 12K DPS if you can fly your ship well.

The DPS increase from 7-8 Beams from 12 to 13 is large, to 14 even moreso. The Dev's are assuming that everyone is suddenly going to swallow their Upgrade Dil sink hard. The problem is most people are finding the Dil gate coupled with the time gate far too hard to swallow. It's utterly ridiculous to balance the game without any reference to the avg potential DPS of the player ships regardless of level. That is why this DPS issue and hull sponge issue is so much worse than it needs to be.

I generally agree with what you're saying, we're all good at our respective ends of the game. I don't want one group saying they have the answer to it when they're only good at one part of the game, I think we agree on that.

I think it's sad though that end-game space content favours DPS over everything else. If they balanced it more so the other professions could do their thing I'd be a lot happier.

As far as ground goes, which is more my area, I think it's a shame that the best they could come up with to make it harder was to replace every heavy tac drone with an Elite drone, and that's on advanced. To give you an idea old KAGE had 4 Elites in it, KAGA now has 17. We still stomp it, and when the Elite queues appear we'll see what cheap change they've made to them.

It would be nice to get people from all elements of the game together and tell Cryptic what is wrong with each aspect, but something tells me they wouldn't listen anyway.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • juanvenkatjuanvenkat Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If the exploit was about 250 characters doing something irregular

Why has all EXP been heavily reduced

Which is the most sad, a grown man trying to PR his way out of it or our community accepting it

I changed my mind.

It used to be I was willing to cope with everything they nerfed and deleted but after this to hell with that.

I want everything back now.

I want our exp back, I want our tour the galaxy back, I want our exploration back, I want our old doff UI back, I want mirror event back and I want our doff upgrinder back.

I also want the cluster chains nerf removed, the nerf to carriers' pet, the nuking of STF @ season 7 and all the other stuff I can't remember

The OP talking about his DPS whatever we are talking about the quality of the game here for everyone
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Check my signature below, my character Jena is the highest DPSing non-romulan toon in the game. I can push out 15x to 17x more damage than your average player.

BIG BIG BIG Laugh
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    satchmo84 wrote: »
    That would require they actually, ya know, PLAY this game.

very much this ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why is it so hard to believe that a group of players that could complete the old pre-DR ISE in a minute could plow through elite DR patrols in mere minutes?

Check my signature below, my character Jena is the highest DPSing non-romulan toon in the game. I can push out 15x to 17x more damage than your average player.

My friends and I in the DPS league do so much damage together that we completely wiped the floor with your pride and joy "Elite" difficulty Battle of Korfez. We made it seem so easy that it could have been mistaken for an Normal difficulty queue. We ploughed it so hard that your developers where impressed, started calling us "Wizards" on the P1 podcast interview, and wanted to get in contact with us to find out how we did it.

We are so good at this game that we could literally take all our weapons off our ships except 1 and still out perform your average player. We are that good.

Our performance numbers are so astronomically higher than your average STO player, why would you not think our leveling efficiency would also be astronically higher?

Do you honestly think that if you put 4 or 5 50k, 60k, 70k, 80k DPS players together in a team that we would toddle along leveling at the same speed as your average 3k DPS player?

I believe that you and/or some of your devs should have a sit down with some of us in the DPS league so we can teach you how to properly play this game.

I find your time and money put into the game exploitative as this gives you a clear advantage over players who are either unwilling or don't have the time to invest. Please stop.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    imruined wrote: »
    Yeah, this thread's not gonna go well... All I read was ego...

You meant Big O as in BIG BIG EGO
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    I'm so good I once captured a wild targ with by bare hands!
    I'm so good I made J'mpok disband the House of Torg as a lowly Bekk! I was all like - In ya' face, yo' Torg!
    I'm so good I polish my bat'leth with my teeth! :eek:
    I'm so good I completed Battle of Korfez Elite without impulse engines! Hear that D'An!?
    I'm so good I slot ground melee weapons in ship weapon slots and still out-DPS you average playerbase, Cryptic!
    I'm so good I mated with a Klingon woman and had no broken ribs afterwards!
    I'm so good I can do 'Tour the Galaxy' in under 5 mins without a warp-core on my ship! WITHOUT A WARP CORE D'Angelo, WITHOUT A WARP CORE!!! Look me up in game if you wanna' know how it's done.

Wait, what was this thread about again.....? :confused:

Thanks for the good laugh ... -- something that's needed in these grim times more then ever !! :)

... "I'm so good I polish my bat'leth with my teeth! " ... <--- classic ... :D
  • phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So people like me that pull(ed) over 24k DPS what does that make us then? STO Gods? Geez OP honestly, take a chill pill and get that people play this game for fun and not high Deeps numbers. Highest non Romulan DPS my *ss lol, lot of us are having a good laugh on your expense now...

To the other fellers I say, ENJOY the game TRIBBLE DPS numbers! And if you got flagged it's a sign there was something fishy with your behavior be it right or wrong, Cryptic does have valid logs.
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    phalanx01 wrote: »
    So people like me that pull(ed) over 24k DPS what does that make us then? STO Gods? Geez OP honestly, take a chill pill and get that people play this game for fun and not high Deeps numbers. Highest non Romulan DPS my *ss lol, lot of us are having a good laugh on your expense now...

To the other fellers I say, ENJOY the game TRIBBLE DPS numbers! And if you got flagged it's a sign there was something fishy with your behavior be it right or wrong, Cryptic does have valid logs.

you totally got him wrong or maybe ur not smart eoughf to udnerstand what he is sayn....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You know, it was Cryptic/PWE's fault for allowing DPS to go so high in the first place. Powercreep if you must. "Third rail situations" if you must. I could go on.

Then they built Delta Rising with those mistakes as base, and the result is, to put it as nicely as I can, this complete pile of junk we have now.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why is it so hard to believe that a group of players that could complete the old pre-DR ISE in a minute could plow through elite DR patrols in mere minutes?

My friends and I in the DPS league do so much damage together that we completely wiped the floor with your pride and joy "Elite" difficulty Battle of Korfez. We made it seem so easy that it could have been mistaken for an Normal difficulty queue. We ploughed it so hard that your developers where impressed, started calling us "Wizards" on the P1 podcast interview, and wanted to get in contact with us to find out how we did it.

We are so good at this game that we could literally take all our weapons off our ships except 1 and still out perform your average player. We are that good.

Our performance numbers are so astronomically higher than your average STO player, why would you not think our leveling efficiency would also be astronically higher?

Do you honestly think that if you put 4 or 5 50k, 60k, 70k, 80k DPS players together in a team that we would toddle along leveling at the same speed as your average 3k DPS player?

I believe that you and/or some of your devs should have a sit down with some of us in the DPS league so we can teach you how to properly play this game.

VERY funny. Agreed that you are certainly the funniest poster on this forums. Props also on quoting your signature as a fact.

Excellent!

Anyway, you promised us logic and numbers and S.D. Please provide them in some meaningful way.

And by meaningful I mean in some way that addresses the broken game mechanics.

Not "We're the best DPS's tools in the game derp."

Cheers and thanks for the thread!
  • graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Don't know about this OP, if troll -> very successful.
    If meant as a real message, well also funny, cause he forgot to mention that only about 70 people (even in dps league) break the 40k.
  • aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How the hell do we calculate DPS anyway? Is there a magic command or button in the game somewhere? All this talk about "I do 40k DPS" just sounds a bit like something that's been pulled out of thin air.

I never really bothered crunching the numbers.. All I know is that enemy ships go 'poof' in the end.
    giphy.gif
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How the hell do we calculate DPS anyway? Is there a magic command or button in the game somewhere? All this talk about "I do 40k DPS" just sounds a bit like something that's been pulled out of thin air.

I never really bothered crunching the numbers.. All I know is that enemy ships go 'poof' in the end.

afaik it's measuerd per combatlog/damage parser while running ise. a very untrustworthy measure-method imo. but thats a personal thing ;).
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    I get you guys are high dpser, kudos to you but I certainly don't want you to be the standard "how to play the game".

THIS!!! 100% agree. This is what it bugs me too. The standard "DPS fun" that DR brought upon us :(

And been "good" at the game?? Yeah, like exploiting bad design mechanis and overuse of macros and bindings makes you a good player:rolleyes:

Its good tho that now the DPSers see how it feels to someone ruin your game for you, like how they did with all the "this game is too easy" attitude and what horrible DR difficulty revamps turned out. And if a few leave, the better. Good ridance, since they turned this game into a TRIBBLE DPS e-peen contest where all the fun is gone.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rygelx16 wrote: »

This! ^^ So much this! LOL
  • calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mosul33 wrote: »
    And been "good" at the game?? Yeah, like exploiting bad design mechanis and overuse of macros and bindings makes you a good player:rolleyes:

Are people actually proud of their ignorance?

Rhetorical question. This thread already proves it.
    edited October 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    I think there is room for both DPS fun and the alternative play styles. But the ball is in Cryptic's court of course.

Oh believe me there is. It's pretty simple too, however it would require the dev's to rethink their approach to level matching as it would require a potential DPS calculation based off the players ships and their equipment.

Again something that's not hard to do or implement. If the scaling mechanism calculated the potential DPS of a group of 5 for an STF, the game could work out an efficiency rating for the group by the end of the mission. This would mean that even if you put out 1K DPS on a skittleboat you could still potentially get good rewards if you reach the efficiency rating as a group. That would mean good groups are rewarded and trolls lose out always.

That's just one way it could work. Seeing as rewards are based off efficiency rather than arbitrary other stuff, it rules out the whole DPS being a problem, if anything it will improve the use of control and heal mechanics for Science and Engineering Captains. It would also make +TH consoles very important for Heal Tanks to keep agro and allow the Tac DPS's to do the damage while the Sci's keep everything in the Tac's cone of fire.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • fuglassfuglass Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh believe me there is. It's pretty simple too, however it would require the dev's to rethink their approach to level matching as it would require a potential DPS calculation based off the players ships and their equipment.

Again something that's not hard to do or implement. If the scaling mechanism calculated the potential DPS of a group of 5 for an STF, the game could work out an efficiency rating for the group by the end of the mission. This would mean that even if you put out 1K DPS on a skittleboat you could still potentially get good rewards if you reach the efficiency rating as a group. That would mean good groups are rewarded and trolls lose out always.

That's just one way it could work. Seeing as rewards are based off efficiency rather than arbitrary other stuff, it rules out the whole DPS being a problem, if anything it will improve the use of control and heal mechanics for Science and Engineering Captains. It would also make +TH consoles very important for Heal Tanks to keep agro and allow the Tac DPS's to do the damage while the Sci's keep everything in the Tac's cone of fire.

Somebody hire this man!
    edited October 2014

People would have no reason (other than self-improvement) to upgrade their gear then which means less money for Cryptic/PWE.
  • fuglassfuglass Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    calamintha wrote: »
    People would have no reason (other than self-improvement) to upgrade their gear then which means less money for Cryptic/PWE.

Dude hate to double post but did you re-read this and hear how very StarTrek (People would have no reason (other than self-improvement)) sounds?

And it sounds like that would also be a chance to implement what many have wanted for awhile which is a system which requires different types of ships, I'm sure some type of damage capability requirements could be added in.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kblargh wrote: »
    Just spitballing, but the way the players here can turn on each other over nothing is kinda pathetic.

The guy has a monster high DPS, that he either attained through effort or spent crazy cash on, which is exactly what the Devs want. He then tries to make his case to the Devs, that he played this game legit and is now being punished for being too efficient, and you people swoop down on him because it hurts your pride, or whatever.

He didn't whine, didn't brag, didn't troll. And certainly didn't bother me or any of you, except those that decide making high performance a capital crime because you don't have it.

(ok, so he bragged a little, i still don't see the problem given the context)

Seriously. The amount of stupid in this thread is mind-boggling. Everyone wants to stand on their own little soap box about their own pet subject, while points fly right over their heads, regardless of if it even has anything to do with the OP's statement that the people with monster DPS (group A we shall call them) have been punished for having monster DPS when it was exploiters fudging Y in the Z (group B) that were taking advantage of the system. Group A can power through any content you place in front of them at a high rate of speed; they have no need for exploits and shouldn't be caught up in the punitive drag net. They're not even trying to advocate that everyone has to play like them or that content has to be tailored to them in this thread; they're simply saying that Cryptic's methods are sloppy.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    stark2k wrote: »
    stark2k wrote: »

Or O as in you are a big, big jOke Stark. . . .

Please enlighten us as to what you have done to help the sto community? How much time and energy have you invested into the game to help others? Where are any of your accomplishments?. . . . [cricket sounds] . . . . [tumbleweeds rolling by]. . . . [shutters banging in the wind] . . . . that is what I thought, there are none.

All you do is troll the forums. That is the true sign of a very small and petty, little person.
    edited October 2014
    fuglass wrote: »
    Dude hate to double post but did you re-read this and hear how very StarTrek (People would have no reason (other than self-improvement)) sounds?

Yes. Sadly it doesn't bring in the big bucks.
    And it sounds like that would also be a chance to implement what many have wanted for awhile which is a system which requires different types of ships, I'm sure some type of damage capability requirements could be added in.

People have requested that for years now. I guess it's pretty hard to do without Trinity.
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Let me leave you guys with a few thoughts on this person:

One. He knows his ****. Some of you guys question him actually being such a good player. Let me be the first to assure you, he is one of the most skilled, knowledgeable, helpful player I know.

Let me also assure you, he does not force his playstyle on other people. He's mentored me for several months, and not once did he ever suggest I not play a tank; far from it, he (and others in the dps-leagues) have helped me make it better. Now, yes, some of those improvements did increase it's dps, but a tank does need some dps to hold threat. My ships, pre delta rising, topped out at 21k, which is quite respectable. That same ship, not upgraded at all, was able to pull aggro from Mal Reynolds in a run where he did 68k dps. I would have not even had a clue who he was, let alone had enough game knowledge to talk to him, if it was not for Sarcasm Detector.

Secondly, let me introduce you to one of my contributions to the game: The /r/stobuilds wiki, specifically the build anatomy section.

I assure you, I would have written absolutely none of that if it wasn't for the help of high-dps people such as SarcasmDetector. The other person who helped me nearly as much with that, fyi, was @alexeyrykov, who topped out at 63k dps before DR.

That's not to mention the myriad of ship advice I've seen SarcasmDetector give there, nor all the builds he's shared and explained on /r/stobuilds. Why there, you all ask? Because he comes here, and you all walk right over him, calling him an 'elitist' and a liar.

And you all also claim that he can't do anything outside of a 1-2 minute ISE. I strongly object. I've seen him warp into runs with me in Redditchat (a chat channel open to anyone who isn't a ****, with no rules whatsoever about throwing up your hand for STF's), and have the other people contribute a sum of less than 10k. His ships may be high dps, but that's in part because he's such a good pilot - he knows how to fly them, and he knows how to make them not explode. And if all he could do was the 61 second ISE runs (the game's, and his, ISE speed run time), then he'd have failed horrible in the ISA of new, not getting 52k in a nearly 6 minute run.

TL: DR - if you think OP's not helpful or a good player, it's because you're too blind to let him show you.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
    edited October 2014
    Seconded, I haven't had the pleasure of speaking to sarcasmdetector directly, but I have read and used a lot of inspiration from his builds. The people who believe he is elistist and egotisitcal need to check out the reddit and the shear number of builds he's put forth in helping others increase their efficiency in playing their ship.

I know a lot of the PvPers hide their builds in self-perpetuating circle of vapers, gankers and trolls, but the DPS guys I've always found to be pretty open and interesting on reddit.

BTW this is just a search of STOBuilds reddit for sarcasms work
    http://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/search?q=lowlifecat&restrict_sr=on
    Chris Robert's on SC:
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Talk about being so humble...NOT.
    Attention Troll thread...OMG players like this make the EP spoil it for the rest of us :mad:
    DUwNP.gif

This discussion has been closed.