test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stephen D’Angelo, Numbers and Logic

sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
Why is it so hard to believe that a group of players that could complete the old pre-DR ISE in a minute could plow through elite DR patrols in mere minutes?

Check my signature below, my character Jena is the highest DPSing non-romulan toon in the game. I can push out 15x to 17x more damage than your average player.

My friends and I in the DPS league do so much damage together that we completely wiped the floor with your pride and joy "Elite" difficulty Battle of Korfez. We made it seem so easy that it could have been mistaken for an Normal difficulty queue. We ploughed it so hard that your developers where impressed, started calling us "Wizards" on the P1 podcast interview, and wanted to get in contact with us to find out how we did it.

We are so good at this game that we could literally take all our weapons off our ships except 1 and still out perform your average player. We are that good.

Our performance numbers are so astronomically higher than your average STO player, why would you not think our leveling efficiency would also be astronically higher?

Do you honestly think that if you put 4 or 5 50k, 60k, 70k, 80k DPS players together in a team that we would toddle along leveling at the same speed as your average 3k DPS player?

I believe that you and/or some of your devs should have a sit down with some of us in the DPS league so we can teach you how to properly play this game.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, this thread's not gonna go well... All I read was ego...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I believe that you and/or some of your devs should have a sit down with some of us in the DPS league so we can teach you how to properly play this game.

I would love to see this happen.
  • oricolawleoricolawle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    He's got a point. When CaptainSmirk needs help from the community to understand how to build a ship, there's a fundamental problem developer-side.
    Main character: Lesasea@oricolawle

Leader of Quantum Mechanics

Member of DPS-30000
  • satchmo84satchmo84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That would require they actually, ya know, PLAY this game.
  • abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I smell NERBAT! :rolleyes: Yep.. some just can't let it go and accept an apology and file their tickets peacefully... drag it out.

I totally feel sorry for the devs, trendy and askray, they are going to have their hands full.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    oricolawle wrote: »
    He's got a point. When CaptainSmirk needs help from the community to understand how to build a ship, there's a fundamental problem developer-side.

Smirk is not a dev...he's a community manager.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    abfabfleet wrote: »
    I smell NERBAT! :rolleyes: Yep.. some just can't let it go and accept an apology and file their tickets peacefully... drag it out.

What's the apology ? : "TRIBBLE you, you're exploiting" ?
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • rygelx16rygelx16 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This game should be balanced for 5k-10k dps people.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • bwemobwemo Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    This game should be balanced for 5k-10k dps people.

Way too generous. 2-4k tops.
  • avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ya know, until this thread came along, I was actually feeling sympathy for certain folks who plowed through the new content and got penalized for it. Thanks for snuffing that out.
  • spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 247 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    I agree, they are punishing those of us that have put tons of time and work into being good at the game.

If we go and do an ISA in 3-4m, and it takes the average team significantly longer, are we exploiting?

Should those that can 2 man or solo content be banned for exploiting? Due to being able to do so much more than a single player?

All that EP post showed me is that they consider skill an exploit.
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is a nerdego-filled bragging thread with no real purpose.

Then you must of been reading every other word. Is he a bit smug? Sure. But hes making a point that I agree with.

Im by no means a min/maxer. My build is quite stable but I doubt Ill ever get it to the DPS levels the OP has gotten to and his friends as well.

What takes me 5-10 minutes to get through is going to take him 1-2 minutes probably even less. Which means hes going to level a hell of a lot faster then me. All it takes is simple math to figure out that when D'Angelo is talking 17x the normal rate. He was talking about High DPS builds that sweep everything aside like it was paper.

Players have had 4+ years to really learn this game and its mechanics. Its not a surprise that these Endgame Level 50/T5 Ships with their 30k+ Builds would explode as they leveled to Level 60.
  • unsacredgraveunsacredgrave Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2014

lol wrecked! :cool:
    edited October 2014
    What's the apology ? : "TRIBBLE you, you're exploiting" ?

Again OP, how about we head to Cali, wait for their office to open and you can all hang em from a tree. Will that satisfy you?!? How much more do you want? Really.. gtfu.

This post bohemently needs to be closed. Face it, you don't like anything unless it's YOUR way, well sorry sunshine, YOU don't own the game and neither do we... learn some acceptance and have some tact... without this game you wouldn't be here. :rolleyes:
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    TBH if I had lost 50 levels worth of skill points because the team nerf batted everyone over a certain limit instead of those they "claim were exploiting Tau Dewa" I'd be as pissed as the OP.

The DPS league guys and girls put more time and money into this game than most casual players can even acknowledge, so it's pretty obvious they'll be better and quicker at clearing content.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is a nerdego-filled bragging thread with no real purpose.

Actually, it reiterates the very relevant point that D'Angelo's post is rather vague in regards to the justification of punishing only a select lot of players. He trots out some 17x number and claims players "were gaining levels at unreasonable rates." Unless they are willing to share some of these arcane "data pulls" to which they are privy, in order to show that these were just people who were playing the same maps as people who they didn't punish for that much longer, then people may have been punished for quite literally doing damage too fast.
  • unsacredgraveunsacredgrave Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Again OP, how about we head to Cali, wait for their office to open and you can all hang em from a tree. Will that satisfy you?!? How much more do you want? Really.. gtfu.

This post bohemently needs to be closed. Face it, you don't like anything unless it's YOUR way, well sorry sunshine, YOU don't own the game and neither do we... learn some acceptance and have some tact... without this game you wouldn't be here. :rolleyes:

maybe you should start making a good build? sounds like you are jealous.
  • rswfiredotcomrswfiredotcom Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    imruined wrote: »
    Yeah, this thread's not gonna go well... All I read was ego...

Same. In STO. >.>

I always find it laughable when people in PvE games think they are the hottest thing in town.

Truly, it's laughable.
    edited October 2014
    maybe you should start making a good build? sounds like you are jealous.

Far from it.... how's that grinding going again?

Yeah...
  • cah3cah3 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I didn't lose as many specialization points as others, but to be labeled an exploiter for doing something in their game that they made possible in every way was the last straw. We sought out the most efficient way to level so we could get back to optimizing our builds. We didn't hack the game, we didn't do anything illegal. We DID choose the smoothest avenue to 60 that was available to us.

I wish the developers of my formerly favorite game could once in a while not blame others for their mistakes. How dare you take away the hard work of others because of a mistake that you made, then say to your community that what they did was wrong and they should have known better? Were we punished because we played your game and we did it a little too well?

As has been stated time and time again the "exploit" was identified during testing. I guess though that doesn't mean much - every new STO release is nigh unplayable due to the bugs. Why bug test if you aren't gonna read the reports? Cryptic, this is your own fault. Own up.

To all the snarky suck-ups: We spent real time and effort leveling our characters. We did it in a way that was possible. If you want to call it an exploit then fine, but to continue to support a game that stifles creativity and punishes ingenuity, is not only wrong but it's irresponsible.

I fully support your statement sarcasmdetector. If the devs could/would actually sit down with us they might learn a little something about how to play their game. Too bad I wont be there to witness it if it ever happens. I'm taking my time and my money to games that actually value hard work and devotion.

Cryptic, your latest effort to demonize others for your own mistakes has cost you credibility and the support of some of your most die-hard clients. No amount of free lobi is going to restore the trust that you have lost.
  • ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Funny thing is, sunshine. The only people in this thread making a ruckus and attempting to get it shutdown. Is people like you. Im sure youre running off to PM Askray as we speak and telling him how bad we're all being without him and his overlords this weekend.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Someone has a big ego.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    well i would fix these high dps monsters easliy if i was a dev. Why i love to see people min/max, dps is to favored int this game. It would be simple, just code a 5x fedd back pusle to all targets once 20 dps is hit in a pve match. Watch them cook themselves. To the players credit high dps is easliy attained, yes some classes and ships, and even a faction it it is easier. But just because lower dps player dont hit the same numbers, this dont make them bad players. What makes poeple bad players is the attitude that i am better than you or an player that will not communicate with the team.

While i dont think this player is meaning to sound high and mighty that is the way it comes across to me the first time i read the OP's post.
    320x240.jpg
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Someone has a big ego.

what's the difference between ego, arrogance and pride?
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Someone can be proud of something without coming off as an elitest.

Oh wow, you have so much dps. So pro.:rolleyes:
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Someone can be proud of something without coming off as an elitest.

Oh wow, you have so much dps. So pro.:rolleyes:

What's the difference between an Elite and Elitist?
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They are so far out of touch (cryptic) with the playerbase one would think they were politicians. Well aside from their chosen 'echo chamber' hardcore fans.

Any moderately aware player knew elite difficulty gave the best exp if you had the dps for it. Finding out if you had the dps for it took what, twenty minutes? I, as a player, have no way of knowing if that level of exp was intended or not since the last time I used anything other than doffs to level was nearly a year ago.

To the OP: The entire situation shows nothing beyond ignorance and incompetence from the cryptic decision makers. At the same time do you ever expect anything else? How insane is it that if you decided to afk a bit more while in still logged in that likely would have pushed your average exp gain per time unit down low enough you wouldn't have gotten punished? That if other players wouldn't have stayed afk while logged in (like I am right now) or known how to break that scary 4k DPS barrier the average would have been high enough you wouldn't have gotten punished? Heh, it's like you joined a terrible pick up group and got screwed without even joining a queue in a way. On the plus side their metrics must be pretty terrible to be running a surprise lobi event during a purple rock event the week after an expansion release. That and getting the second posts from the EP to the forums.
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    what's the difference between ego, arrogance and pride?

Well IMO a lot.

This is how i us the words, this is not an actual defintion, but the way i take meaning of the words in the most common use today.

Ego=Being good and having to let everyone else know because they have to put themselves first.

Arrogance=being good and not always being able to back it up

Pride= They dont have to gloat they let the numbers do the talking and let other people prop them up, they dont have to because they know.
    320x240.jpg
This discussion has been closed.