What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you recommend STO to a friend?

Comments

• Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I did recommend it to a friend after LoR. He started playing a couple months ago but hasn't progressed past the first few levels due to Life. I recently walked over next door and uninstalled it for him, telling him "you really don't need this BS in your life right now." After explaining how things appear to be going, how bugs are reported and ignored, and how a possible minor hit to a profit line gets a response in less than 24 hours, he thanked me.
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You know what? I rescind my earlier post. I wouldn't want to wish this game on my worst enemy because of this forum.
  • Options
    mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Before Delta Rising, I was still of the opinion that the game was still rather accessable to casual players, or those who only have a casual amount of time but still like to grind out impressive ships and builds (like myself)

After Delta Rising, no. I would not recommend anymore.

Forget for a moment, the massive Dil costs to get everything maxed out and focus just on Pre-DR builds. Everything has been made harder, consumes more time and rewards less, this would make it harder just to establish a top of the line Pre-DR build.

not to mention some of the extremely buggy systems in the game, the loadout system, UI lag and crafting, for which I myself have run into issues and the only words to come from customer service (another fail right there) is "Tough S**T"
  • Options
    selraxxxselraxxx Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    At one point I did.. but not now thanks to Cryptic. :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    grimlyonegrimlyone Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No. While game changed since it was released, it's not a game I would recommend. Unless you are a trekkie and are looking for spaceship fights then this game is hardly for you. There are much, much better games already out/coming soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The beast at Tanagra.
    Kadir beneath Mo Moteh. Kiteo, his eyes closed. Chenza at court, the court of silence. Darmok on the ocean.
    Shaka, when the walls fell.
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'd have a recommendation about STO to any friends: Stay away.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    before DR -> yes
    after DR -> no

it's just not fun anymore: too much grinding, rewamp of the stf totally crappy, dil nerf, no more exploration etc
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'll recommend this one to my enemies. :D
  • Options
    mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ages ago (at launch) the answer woulda been a clear yes, because the game was just awesome, i leveled my first toons even mostly just with PvP up, so there was no grind at all it was all fun right from the beginning!

Since Delta Rising its a clear NO. The grind was even before delta rising already massive but specialization is a very alt-unfriendly, casual-unfriendly and pvp-unfriendly system and requires absurd amounts of grinding time per toon. They could at least had specialization made account-wide.
  • Options
    trek801trek801 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    NO!! The grind with this game is terrible. The point of playing a game is to have fun and STO isn't fun anymore. On top of the horrible grind, the "new" updated STF's suck - ridiculously harder content for reduced dill. I was angry the first time they reduced our dill but now the payout is worse.

I'm sure this is all in an effort to "force" us to buy zen for dill, etc but Cryptic there are much BETTER ways to entice us to spend money. I've often thought Cryptic has really missed the boat by not creating role playing (Sim type) content as there seem to be a lot of RP's in the game. (Just look at the people dancing on the tables at Dronza station.) Another way would be to create more off duty clothing (with more color choices), 100% ship customization (uni boffs slots), unique captain abilities, and gold weapons/items. If they created things that were FUN, we would buy. But as of today - it is a resounding NO! I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone unless I wanted to torture them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    fuglass wrote: »
    Nooooooo... Nooo no no no no noooo...
    Non, nee, nein, nao, nie, nem, nu, jo, nej, ei and ej!

No.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited October 2014

Would I? yeah I would!!!!

Would I recommend stepping into the forums???

No, why? simple answer...

The Forums are not the game...

I play the game to enjoy it, I don't play the forums to enjoy the game....
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just about all my friends play STO so no? If I get new friends then yes. Compare to most f2p games STO is pretty good
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you asked me this a year ago, yes.

In it's current state? No.
  • Options
    xms9779xms9779 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Lol, I did recommend it a few months ago to my brother because I could help him get the hang of things and could team up when we were both online. I owe him a huge apology now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eirinsaneirinsan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nope. I'd tell them there are better ways to waste time.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    With who's in charge of lead game design and development at this point for STO -- HELL NO.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No, I would never recommend this game to a friend again. I did so more than ones the past few years and play this game with rl friends. It was a mistake I will not repeat. It just makes me feel embarrassed now.

The reason is the player unfriendly gaming mechanics introduced with DR.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    fuglassfuglass Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    Nooooooo... Nooo no no no no noooo...
    Non, nee, nein, nao, nie, nem, nu, jo, nej, ei and ej!

No.

Honest to "whatever" 100% cross my heart and hope to die...
    Laughed out loud...still laughing!! :D
  • Options
    solspotsolspot Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No I would not recommend this game to anyone, much like most asian cash grab morally bankrupt games.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Honest to "whatever" 100% cross my heart and hope to die...
    Laughed out loud...still laughing!! :D
    Good to hear :D. I hope I got my message across :P.
  • Options
    polstarukpolstaruk Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I did recommend it to a friend before the expansion and he was interested in trying it. Since Delta Rising and hearing about the way the expansion has been implemented he's not so keen to try.

Dont get me wrong the story side of it is great, some of the new episodes are brilliant, just not enough of them and a return to the bad old days of patrol grinding due to lack of content.

Tldr - no
    Anything that happens, happens. Anything that in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen. Anything that in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again.
    It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order though.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    At this current time? No. Reason? D'Angelo. The buck stops with him as far as I'm concerned.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    STO - pre crafting, upgrading and Delta Rising - yes I would have definitely recommended.

STO in it's current state - not a chance.

In fact, currently the only people that I would recommend STO to were people I hated and that I wanted to see suffer...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    varthelmvarthelm Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    STO - pre crafting, upgrading and Delta Rising - yes I would have definitely recommended.

STO in it's current state - not a chance.

In fact, currently the only people that I would recommend STO to were people I hated and that I wanted to see suffer...

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this post and second it.
  • Options
    hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I invited 3 friends to the game and they all tried it:

Friend 1: Graphics bad, got locked up in a mission with level 50 enemies, quit
    Friend 2: Game is too complex, quit
    Friend 3: Game is too complex, quit

I guess you must really like Star Trek to have the guts to make it through.....

I personally enjoy the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I will only recommend STO to Mother Teresa or Ghandi. You need their exploitative patience at this point to make it XD
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2014
    The feedback on this thread is overwhelmingly negative.

As for me, personally, sorry, but no. At the beginning, I would have, but I am not impressed with the endgame.
  • Options
    djcenglanddjcengland Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have done before LoR, but they didn't like it.

I haven't played it for a couple of months; due to being bored of the same content.

I log on to try the new stuff, but find the only way to get it is by spending real money.

New ships=$$$
    Upgrade ships=$$$ (Even ships that you spent real money to get)

Yes, most of the new content doesn't need these ships, but apparently some does.

So NO THANK YOU!!!!

I can see where this is heading and I'm not happy.

I'm seriously considering deleting my characters and uninstalling the game.