test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The final straw

meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
Cryptic,

Robbing me of 6 hard worked for Specialization points is the final straw for me. I was nowhere near Tau Dewa, and will not be lumped in with exploiters, no less get punished for things I didn't do.

As of now I'm boycotting this game. I just logged out, and will not continue to grind, apparently in vain, or spend any dime, whatsoever, until you get your act together, and restore my points, ALL of them, with extreme prejudice.

Another reason I will pause playing, is that I know how you guys operate. You'll send out one of your goons, telling us it's 'under investigation.' Meanwhile I'm building up XP anew, at a pettily reduced rate of 30% of what I used to get, only to see those points lost too when you 'fix' today's momumental TRIBBLE-up. Yeah. Fool me once, and all that.
3lsZz0w.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ruffgeniusruffgenius Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    consider your self lucky there are people that have lost 20 points + and haven't exploited p.s. people that say its a bug its not.
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It wasn't even a damned exploit, it was groups of players meeting up and running content together, you know, what you are meant to do in MMOs.
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Cryptic,

Robbing me of 6 hard worked for Specialization points is the final straw for me. I was nowhere near Tau Dewa, and will not be lumped in with exploiters, no less get punished for things I didn't do.

As of now I'm boycotting this game. I just logged out, and will not continue to grind, apparently in vain, or spend any dime, whatsoever, until you get your act together, and restore my points, ALL of them, with extreme prejudice.

Another reason I will pause playing, is that I know how you guys operate. You'll send out one of your goons, telling us it's 'under investigation.' Meanwhile I'm building up XP anew, at a pettily reduced rate of 30% of what I used to get, only to see those points lost too when you 'fix' today's momumental TRIBBLE-up. Yeah. Fool me once, and all that.

i'm very close to where you are right now. I lost 50 spec points that i gained in DQ and queues and i was never in Tau Dewa.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ruffgenius wrote: »
    consider your self lucky there are people that have lost 20 points + and haven't exploited

+ people who are considered evil Exploiters, and haven't lost anything
    ruffgenius wrote: »
    p.s. people that say its a bug its not.

Because you say so ? ... better get your Tinfoil hat ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    It wasn't even a damned exploit, it was groups of players meeting up and running content together, you know, what you are meant to do in MMOs.

It was an exploit... The fact that so many people tried to keep it away from the dev's attention just emphasizes it
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    It was an exploit... The fact that so many people tried to keep it away from the dev's attention just emphasizes it

If they did ... it was a pretty bad job ... because I remember lots of Threads with "Tau Dewa" "Dewa Rising", "Japori Rising" some of them even including "(not an) exploit" or something ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Really.

What is an exploit about a group of players meeting up and running patrols together - nothing.
  • Options
    catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If they did ... it was a pretty bad job ... because I remember lots of Threads with "Tau Dewa" "Dewa Rising", "Japori Rising" some of them even including "not an exploit" or something ...

Was gonna say it, you beat me to it.

It wasn't an "exploit". It was a bad design that they corrected.

Really, really badly.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    catjarrett wrote: »
    Was gonna say it, you beat me to it.

It wasn't an "exploit". It was a bad design that they corrected.

Really, really badly.

This.

They called it an exploit to avoid owning up to their oversight in xp gain from the patrols.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    They've rolled people's accounts back O_o, the hell they do that for?

Best make sure no one in our fleet is having the same issue.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Really.

What is an exploit about a group of players meeting up and running patrols together - nothing.

Sigh...
    An exploit (from the English verb to exploit, meaning "using something to one’s own advantage") is a piece of software, a chunk of data, or a sequence of commands that takes advantage of a bug, glitch or vulnerability in order to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized).

Now the increased XP gained (something that has been emphasized, and was rather obviously a unintended side effect) used by getting access to low-level mobs with high XP rewards.

Deny it all you wan't, you exploited the system... You took advantage of an unintended side effet.

It's not the teaming up that was the problem... It was abusing the easy kills.

And thanks to people who clearly abused this system, other people now have to deal with lost points.

Start pointing fingers at exploiters, rather than Cryptic... They brought this on people... not Cryptic.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Deny it all you wan't, you exploited the system... You took advantage of an unintended side effet.

And thanks to people who clearly abused this system, other people now have to deal with lost points.

Start pointing fingers at exploiters, rather than Cryptic... They brought this on people... not Cryptic.

I exploited nothing: I was the 'other people.' And of course I blame Cryptic! They're the ones who blankety brought this on all involved -- or on all those not involved, depending on your point of view.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    serevnserevn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Its not like you can't get more specialization points and it hasn't been that long since the expansion released. You obviously enjoy the hardcore grinding for stuff since that was the first and only thing some of you seemed to want to do since the expansion came out.

Cause that's why you play this game right? To enjoy yourself? If you didn't enjoy it... I have to ask... why did you do that to yourself? Something about human nature, but I'm to lazy to look up the quote.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think you're confusing an "exploit" with either "an oversight" or "a poor design". Or just "a grind".

Not that I think such activity is all right, but instead of calling it an exploit and punishing their players, Cryptic should either just adjust the XP earning rate, or put those patrols on a timer. Because there's NOTHING wrong in teaming up to do an Elite mission together. I mean, how is this any different from grinding STFs for hours? There are several of them and each can be replayed every 30 minutes. Are people grinding STFs exploiters as well?

Cryptic has just dropped the ball and once again have shown that they've got no idea how to handle things in a consumer-friendly fashion.

At this point I honestly hope Cryptic''ll notice a significant drop in their earnings. Not that they would ever consider it their own fault, but still...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I exploited nothing: I was the 'other people.' And of course I blame Cryptic! They're the ones who blankety brought this on all involved -- or on all those not involved, depending on your point of view.

I wasn't quoting you in that particular post... As I said: The exploiters are the one who created a problem that you, and others like you are being punished for (by mistake I have to assume).
  • Options
    ginobaldelli823ginobaldelli823 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So you lost something gained in just a little over a week of game play.

My advice is to play for another week and get it back, or go pout in a corner and free up server space for those people wanting to play.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Sigh...

Now the increased XP gained (something that has been emphasized, and was rather obviously a unintended side effect) used by getting access to low-level mobs with high XP rewards.

No, the finger should be pointed at Cryptic - they even told players to run patrols as it was levelling content FFS.

It was working as it should do - for once, STO behaved like an MMO - but Cryptic couldn't have people not playing correctly.

In a game where an incredible amount of bugs stand, some of them completely game breaking, you expect everyone else to believe you when you say this one, that isn't even a bug just badly designed at the absolute maximum, gets fixed as an absolute priority.

Bull droppings.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    serevn wrote: »
    Its not like you can't get more specialization points and it hasn't been that long since the expansion released. You obviously enjoy the hardcore grinding for stuff since that was the first and only thing some of you seemed to want to do since the expansion came out.

And that, man-friend, is precisely why I'm now boycotting the game: because, like you, they just expect me to grind those hard-earned points back. No. You don't steal from me. Period. It's become a matter of principle now. The buck stops here. Or a little more trek-y:

"The line must be drawn here! This far, no farther!"
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    No, the finger should be pointed at Cryptic - they even told players to run patrols as it was levelling content FFS.

It was working as it should do - for once, STO behaved like an MMO - but Cryptic couldn't have people not playing correctly.

In a game where an incredible amount of bugs stand, some of them completely game breaking, you expect everyone else to believe you when you say this one, that isn't even a bug just badly designed at the absolute maximum, gets fixed as an absolute priority.

Bull droppings.

You are still getting increased XP for running as a team... Just not 3-4000 a minute...

Don't blame this on Cryptic.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Bull droppings.

Didn't you you Quit? :confused:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Umm, while I am on your side overall, I suggest you avoid using this quote, the guy who made it back-tracked on it.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »

Yea... He did... Like everyone else who quit.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Look at sig. See "I'm done." thread in PvP gameplay.

And besides, I don't do any content that you are actually meant to do, just PvP. And very rarely Fleet stuff.
  • Options
    ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014

F2P Game = Free to Access Forums. Regardless of if you are playing/paying or both.
  • Options
    blevokblevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i havent logged in yet today, so i dont know if this bug/suicide note has affected me, but my gut tells me that this could be very very bad for cryptic.

to my knowledge cryptic has never taken currency, points, or anything back from players, even if it was acquired through an exploit. if they allowed players to gain faster than they should, it's not the players fault, they were just making the most of what cryptic provided.

i'm generally not one to complain much, but i'm also not a die hard supporter. i'm just going to say that if it's not a bug, and they did take points from people, then they have definitely gone too far.
    Fleet: Stargate-Union
    Pizza: Pepperoni
    Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And that, man-friend, is precisely why I'm now boycotting the game: because, like you, they just expect me to grind those hard-earned points back. No. You don't steal from me. Period. It's become a matter of principle now. The buck stops here. Or a little more trek-y:

They "stole" from you, have any proof to back up your claim that they "stole" from you?

F2P Game = Free to Access Forums. Regardless of if you are playing/paying or both.
    This is true, but the opinions of those who quit the game matter less than dirt, quite frankly, so why continue to post on a forum of a game you quit?
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014

this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and i new you thread was not a i quite thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    They "stole" from you, have any proof to back up your claim that they "stole" from you?

This is true, but the opinions of those who quit the game matter less than dirt, quite frankly, so why continue to post on a forum of a game you quit?

Another troll who blatantly ignores facts.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014

like most of you in that thread you jump the gun bye ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Not in the mood for trollish word-games now, sorry.
    3lsZz0w.jpg