test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lowest population gender/species on kdf?

Comments

• Options
    wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I got curious, so I went to the Academy and counted the first 30 people through the door. Results:

9 male Klingons
    7 female Orions (only one of them pink, for once)
    3 (nominally male) Gorn
    3 male aliens
    3 female aliens
    1 male Ferasan
    1 female Klingon
    1 male Orion.

Thus failing to support my own point. Odd. Maybe Letheans have gone out of fashion since I was last paying attention?

One of the Gorn was wearing a suit. Three cheers for whoever that was.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,886 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have 2 female Orions and a Gorn on my KDF toons. why the Orions? because I'd rather look at a female bum than a male one.

but at least now with the Bort uniform, I can DRESS those poor girls
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have a female liberated Borg Klingon toon. Lvl 50, got most storyline missions done, about halfway through rep grinding. Which is basically only a little bit behind my two Fed toons and my Fed!Fomulan. She does have an Orion female BOFF, (and a male one incidently) but I have her wear proper uniforms.

I also have a female Ferasan KDF toon. Admittedly only about lvl 20 or so, but she is slowly but surely being developed and will become a full fledged character someday. She also has a fully dressed Orion female BOFF.
  • Options
    pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have no problem with ferasan females, as long as they have 8 TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    desade1desade1 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nausicaan Females...
  • Options
    chainfallchainfall Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pulserazor wrote: »

We do, but I'm not telling you where we hide them.
    STO would have been better as a Stargate MMO than it is as Star Trek. Go figure.

~Karona@Sobekeus
    Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier Exterminatus
  • Options
    oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    um, i'm a female Joined Trill do i count? :O
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I rarely see any of my Lethean brothers around any more.
  • Options
    garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Aha. Actually, Joined Trill.
    overlapo wrote: »
    Letheans are the ones I see less, probably for cosmetic reasons.
    The other species at least have some cool and unique pieces of clothing, but the lethean player characters only have the stock KDF clothes. Their signature costumes, the red glowing eyes of evil and the evil hoodie are NPC only.

>.> What's wrong with their faces?
    Yes! I'd love to put a hoodie on my Lethean :) I even made it my avatar from that one FE of the Doomsday.
    adverbero wrote: »
    I do have a few Letheans on my Bridge crew though, rare as they are there is something kind of Menacingly cool about their look

I know right? :) I love my Lethean, they have that mysterious vibe to them :D
    zipagat wrote: »

I know brother... But I do get happy when I see one :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pulserazor wrote: »
    What if their primates have 8 TRIBBLE and they expect the same from us? :eek:
  • Options
    mondoidmondoid Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Supposedly Orions had chlorophyll in their skin cells so exposing themselves to as much sunlight as they can makes sense.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    zipagat wrote: »

Well, I have a free character slot laying around and I'm going to make a new Lethean. I need a char to use the Kazon ship with and since I have no Letheans so far, it's a no brainer to me.

So at least +1 to their numbers! :cool:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I got 8 aliens (5 female, 3 male, 6 human, 1 fed romulan, 1 "Tos klingon") , 2 female vulcans, 2 female romulans, 1 male romulan, 1 male reman, 1 female reman, 1 lethean, 1 nausican, 1 orion female, 1 gorn and 1 female andorian and 1 male caitian.

I would say lowest on kdf is male orion. I see very few of those.

On feds? Female pakleds and tellarites are something I have not seen yet.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Well, I have a free character slot laying around and I'm going to make a new Lethean. I need a char to use the Kazon ship with and since I have no Letheans so far, it's a no brainer to me.

So at least +1 to their numbers! :cool:

It could also be that I tend to use Ganalada station to base my toons from since its less crowded there.
  • Options
    coldicephoenixcoldicephoenix Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I rarely see any Ferasans. Sher Kahn (my Sci ferasan) seems to be the only kitty around :(
    Plenty of NPC Ferasans but rarely any player. As a matter of fact same goes for Ciatian
    rattler2 wrote: »
    They're trying to make their orions look Human.

Anyways... I'd have to say Male Orion is rare. Probably because its more fun to play a Female Orion.

I do have a male orion as well :P Made him TRIBBLE to boot. Hes great to troll Fed players who are.. um..insecure!!

We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I rarely see any Ferasans. Sher Kahn (my Sci ferasan) seems to be the only kitty around :(
    Plenty of NPC Ferasans but rarely any player. As a matter of fact same goes for Ciatian

I do have a male orion as well :P Made him TRIBBLE to boot. Hes great to troll Fed players who are.. um..insecure!!
    were you trying to name that ferasan after the disney character? if so, you spelled it wrong; it's Shere Khan
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    were you trying to name that ferasan after the disney character? if so, you spelled it wrong; it's Shere Khan

In parts of India we just spell it Sher ;). And it wouldn't let me name it Khan.. hence Kahn :P

We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

• Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In parts of India we just spell it Sher ;). And it wouldn't let me name it Khan.. hence Kahn :P

Male or female. I kind of assumed (I know, TRIBBLE$ out of you and me) the dropped letter was to make it the female name (like Sherry).
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    davidwford wrote: »
    Male or female. I kind of assumed (I know, TRIBBLE$ out of you and me) the dropped letter was to make it the female name (like Sherry).

This ones male. and yea you're rite, if it was Shere, most people in India are likely to pronounce the end -e as well. Its mainly because the scripts for Indian languages are based on sound. So essentially we have a letter for each sound and those who haven't studied English from a young age (or havent had good teachers) are likely to make the mistake of pronouncing -all- the letters in an English word if they are pronouncing it for the first time.

• Options
    shredder75shredder75 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2014

As I recall they were pretty common up until they received their nerf. At one point, I saw more Ferasans than I saw Klingons both on Qo'Nos and New Romulous. Can't comment on DS9. Rarely go there since they took the Omega stuff out of there.

I'd have to go with Male Orions and maybe Nausicaans. Pre Starbases, both were exceptionally rare. Now days it's hard to tell with all the armor suits with helmets. It's still a safe bet that female Orions make up 85% of the KDF though.

Been a fan of Klingons for a long time and have them both for the KDF and Fed side of things. Really can't imagine playing anything other than a Klingon because I have fond memories of this other game with my trusty K'Vort...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1JRMJXut8I
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This ones male. and yea you're rite, if it was Shere, most people in India are likely to pronounce the end -e as well. Its mainly because the scripts for Indian languages are based on sound. So essentially we have a letter for each sound and those who haven't studied English from a young age (or havent had good teachers) are likely to make the mistake of pronouncing -all- the letters in an English word if they are pronouncing it for the first time.

Actually, even as an American whose native language is American English (Midwest, Indiana), I still sound out all of the letters in new words I am unfamiliar with. I am very much a believer in phonetic spelling (spelling the way it sounds). It is why I get so frustrated with most Romanization of Asian words and names. A great example of this is in Korea. Originally, all of the locations had phonetic spellings thanks to American GI's during the war. In the 1990s, someone in the Korean government came up with the bright idea (much sarcasm) to bring over language "experts" from Europe to Romanize the English spelling of Korean words and names. Now, there are so many extra silent letters in many Korean names that not even native English speakers can pronounce the names. Just do a side-by-side comparison of pre and post Romanization and you will understand.

Pre and Post Romanization of Korean names. First is the Phonetic spelling given by American GIs. Second is the Romanization according to European standards.

Kasong vs. Kaeseong
    Shilla vs. Sila
    Choson vs. Jeoseon
    Curye vs. Guyre
    Cheju vs. Jeju
    Chelloa vs. Jeolla (nam-do, buk-do; South, and North respectively)
    Kyongi-do vs. Gyeonggi-do
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    chookin wrote: »
    I wonder if it is male orion, I've yet to see one running around academy or in ground pve queues. I've seen lethean, gorn, nausicaan, plenty of female orion. Heck, I've seen more pakled in ground queues than male orion

Echoing what others have said, letheans are probably the least represented race for obvious reasons. For one, they're hideous and two, they have no innate space traits. Nausicaans are also ugly but not quite as grotesque as letheans so they're probably down there as well in terms of lowest amount of players. Ferasans are more common since I tend to see at least 1 in a crowd.

If you're curious, my KDF characters in order from least played to most played are:

Male alien kdf-an alt I played around with in 2010 but have long since abandoned because I got tired of staring at his butt
    Female Engie Orion-an alt I planned to use for engie tanking but which I abandoned due to grind fatigue
    Female TAC Ferasan-I used this alt every once in a while before DR and managed to max all it's reps. Owns a guramba.
    Female alien sci-my go to character for rep tokens since she was the first to max out all reps. Flys a T5u corsair.
    Lib Borg female engie-my go to cruiser and destroyer character. Flys a t5u negh'var and t5u pegh'tu.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    chainfallchainfall Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have a Lethean named Lithium... he's been 21 for awhile now... >.>
    STO would have been better as a Stargate MMO than it is as Star Trek. Go figure.

~Karona@Sobekeus
    Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier Exterminatus
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    (...) letheans are probably the least represented race for obvious reasons. For one, they're hideous and two, they have no innate space traits. Nausicaans are also ugly but not quite as grotesque as letheans (...)

I love both of those races but I admit this is hilarious XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    garakfan84 wrote: »
    I love both of those races but I admit this is hilarious XD

Lol, I can't help it. The same thing happened to me when I started to play a ferengi female. Those lobes were just so revolting that I had to delete that nasty creature. Honestly, think gollum from the LOTR movies was more handsome. :p
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Lol, I can't help it. The same thing happened to me when I started to play a ferengi female. Those lobes were just so revolting that I had to delete that nasty creature. Honestly, think gollum from the LOTR movies was more handsome. :p

:D
    Among all the species on STO who do you think is the ugliest?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    garakfan84 wrote: »
    :D
    Among all the species on STO who do you think is the ugliest?

For ugliest, it's hard to decide between gorn, Nausicaans, and letheans. Nausicaans look like a dung beetle mated with some random humanoid species and whatever offspring they had kept all of the characteristics of the human body but the face and the ears. The gorn aren't much better but at least their anatomy has more uniformity. The letheans look like they were born with their heads and rear ends reversed. Their mouths look like like orifices that more appropriately belong where the sun doesn't shine and their skin is half lizard/half humanoid, disgusting....

I hate to say it but the letheans take the cake here for ugliest with the Nausicaans following closely behind.

On the fed side. benzite, tellarite, ferengi, and rigelians are among the ugliest playable races. Ferengi look like the revolting byproduct of a hobbit and a troll, almost like a sphinx cat version of Mickey mouse. The benzite look like a tuna fish mated with batman, their noses look like fish tails and their ears look somewhat bat like. Tellerites seem like the offspring of a pig with a human and creep me out since they remind me of those pig people from that one xfiles episode. Rigelians look like somebody gave their face a massage with a trash compactor, yuk!

In first place for fed ugliness comes the benzite followed by the tellarite with the ferengi and rigelians as close runner-ups.

Ugliest in the whole game? Probably the benzite since I cringe the most whenever I see them.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    for my kdf officers i have klingon admiral ba'tor named after the duras sisters but come from an honor house.

i have a gorn who wanted to look for klingon honor during the dommion war while he was ashamed that his gorn brother and sister and gorn race did not want to get fight in the dommion war and did not return home till 2409 because of his service to the klingons since 2372 and his gain influance in the klingon he also showed to the klingons the the gorn do have battle honor.

i also have a leatherman i made to use non klingon designed ships though since getting the tier 5 u mogh claas for the klingons might be getting my leatherman to fly the t5u mogh he may also fly the gorn science ship too and given the pirate trait he is a lot fond of the nuassicane ships though he does wish that he has a leatherman ship to play. at least the tier 6 kdf battle cruiser kinda looks to be a flatter na'vah kinda like a leatherman suggested a flatter battle cruiser less tall
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    for my kdf officers i have klingon admiral ba'tor named after the duras sisters but come from an honor house.

i have a gorn who wanted to look for klingon honor during the dommion war while he was ashamed that his gorn brother and sister and gorn race did not want to get fight in the dommion war and did not return home till 2409 because of his service to the klingons since 2372 and his gain influance in the klingon he also showed to the klingons the the gorn do have battle honor.

i also have a leatherman i made to use non klingon designed ships though since getting the tier 5 u mogh claas for the klingons might be getting my leatherman to fly the t5u mogh he may also fly the gorn science ship too and given the pirate trait he is a lot fond of the nuassicane ships though he does wish that he has a leatherman ship to play. at least the tier 6 kdf battle cruiser kinda looks to be a flatter na'vah kinda like a leatherman suggested a flatter battle cruiser less tall

Which one do you play the most? Which one is the best looking of your characters and why? I like your Klingon admirals name btw :D
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    For ugliest, it's hard to decide between gorn, Nausicaans, and letheans. Nausicaans look like a dung beetle mated with some random humanoid species and whatever offspring they had kept all of the characteristics of the human body but the face and the ears. The gorn aren't much better but at least their anatomy has more uniformity. The letheans look like they were born with their heads and rear ends reversed. Their mouths look like like orifices that more appropriately belong where the sun doesn't shine and their skin is half lizard/half humanoid, disgusting....

I hate to say it but the letheans take the cake here for ugliest with the Nausicaans following closely behind.

On the fed side. benzite, tellarite, ferengi, and rigelians are among the ugliest playable races. Ferengi look like the revolting byproduct of a hobbit and a troll, almost like a sphinx cat version of Mickey mouse. The benzite look like a tuna fish mated with batman, their noses look like fish tails and their ears look somewhat bat like. Tellerites seem like the offspring of a pig with a human and creep me out since they remind me of those pig people from that one xfiles episode. Rigelians look like somebody gave their face a massage with a trash compactor, yuk!

In first place for fed ugliness comes the benzite followed by the tellarite with the ferengi and rigelians as close runner-ups.

Ugliest in the whole game? Probably the benzite since I cringe the most whenever I see them.

Omg x'D I have tears from laughing so much. I love the comparisons you made xD
    I'm glad the Feds won that one :D

/edit
    I'm saving this comment for when I'm having a bad day xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]