Options

Cryptic, Please stay away from the nerf bat

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Sorry if I misunderstood your post to mean normal STF's drop gear you can actually use end-game. Nowhere in those 4 lines did I get the impression that you were explaining the 60+ hour grind for marks, and the 40+ day grind to level thru the rep system to get the set shields for some reps (which you can't buy without advanced or elite item drops from STF's).

I'm sure you'll live a long life in the advanced ques with non-fleet or T5 rep shields, and perhaps 1 field gen.

I dont like the q's now I was pointing out how the progression should go. I dont use any gear dropped in them I have a ton of purple drops lol from ages of doing the old elite and have gone through the advanced now and have a couple more, but I find them horribly borring. I dont know what the dps of everyone in there I only know I pull a first place. Its work and the rewards suck, but I was simply pointing out the progression. It is possible to gear a ship up now (because I have done it twice so far and am on character number 3 and still progressing).

Is the grind long? i dont know I dont focus on grind I have fun. I have been back for about 3 months or so maybe more now and my new romulan is still in his t4 ship (he is tactical i can't stand tac and regret making a tac guy but I had 2 science and an engineer already) but i am busy accumulating his stuff and he can run the normals now and contribute (although i have one more level before i can get him a decent singularity core from dyson rep) .

I enjoy the game and all will be well when the do nerf the normal which had a code error in it as well and fix the advanced. The elite will be further buffed and this makes sense to me because its for those people who have done everything else in the game and are looking for further challenge. I will be trying it (when i get to it.. with upgraded gear etc but I am not there yet and am not in a race to the end of the game to do it.. one day though) :)

yes i have gotten a first place twice in the new advanced crystaline entity it was boring as hell but i did it. ON my engineer so I can say that its possible but I dont agree with the design right now. Not everyone is going to build the same ship nor should they have to. The engineer is using dyson gear and the nakura set no fleet anything and is using a t5 carrier. But again its way too much work considering what the q's are for it says it 15 minutes to complete for level 50-60. I dont think 30 minutes plus for half the rewards and the carpel tunnel i have from mashing the shield regen button all the time is worth it but its possible lol. I just dont think its realistic. And its borring as hell.
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I always laughed at the whole idea of parsing for pve - pvp is entirely different topic.

And not just because the content was easy but more over because it was meant to be easy or rather have a larger range of freedom for those people who just want to experience star trek.

To me from the get-go it has been perhaps the main quality of playing sto that you could mess around with builds and place your skillpoints wrong and that was okay, you were free to mess around.

Sci in a dps ship, fly with all tractor beam mines and christmas lights turrets, go for it.

Not at all against a harder difficulty to match the power creep al rivera said didn't exist before they removed the repuation passives people earned.

just saying there used to be a place in pve where you could relax and come as you were in your ship the way you wanted, as it should be as people paid for recreational time.

People want to fight the honey monster with 13 billion HP with the dil bought gold gear they too should be able to.

But for the sake of everything don't kill the game for everyone who doesn't fit into that category which I do believe is a lot of people
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What do you recommend for gear then if not purple rep gear? Two of my characters are using purple weapons from the daily rep boxes (dyson and undine only), the other two are using either old omega [borg] weapons or romulan plasma.

I don't bother with striving to maximize my DPS so I don't know what the best ship weapons are.

He doesn't know - Romulan Plasma is one of the best energy weapon types in STO currently, and you can build a decent set of weapons from those box drops with patience.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Nope, you got it to parse 4k. I can get it to parse 8k on a Sci captain - Players who actually know what they are doing get it to 12k.

A typical Lt/Ens Tac combo:

TT1, APB1,
    BFAW1,
    EPTS1, EPTW2, A2SIF1, RSP3/DEM3
    EPTS1, EPTW2, DEM2/RSP2
    HE1, ST2,

No doffs are necessary, the whole point behind it was to make a 10k ship for as little as possible.

You see, this is the issue the good players have, once you attain a level where you can do 10k in this, you are 90% of the way to becoming an Elite player. The remaining 10% is the pricy stuff.

About 4 months ago, I ran 2.3k DPS - I decided that I wasn't good enough, and I made an effort to improve.

I made 5-6k before I started asking for help - now, if I could be bothered, and that is a massive ask as I cannot be bothered, I could do 20k. I am just too lazy, and with DR here, it is too tedious and I do other more rewarding content than STFs now.

If you will yourself to improve, you will. Practice and build knowledge, and pick brains of those better than you. Don't stop learning.

Oh, and don't think 4k on a 12k build is bad, try copying SarcasmDetector's 23k DPS in a run they died on Galaxy Retrofit run...

You may think I am being coy, but it was all I did.

...And there it is- I have the wrong ship. I'll lose 2 crowd control specialties to gain 2 heals and a dem. Surely DEM3 can't 2.5X my DPS for a 15 minute mission.

*rolleyes.

BTW- I parsed my Chell grett 3 times last night, and would you believe my single mk12 DBB scored more damage than 2 Mk 12 DHC's cycling FAW 1/2, eptw 1/2, and a single BO1, aiming straight at CE for minutes at a time.
    shrug
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    ...And there it is- I have the wrong ship. I'll lose 2 crowd control specialties to gain 2 heals and a dem. Surely DEM3 can't 2.5X my DPS for a 15 minute mission.

*rolleyes.

FFS.

You Clearly have not read any of my posts here, have you - if you had, you would remember where i said repeatedly it was a flexible set up which varied with the Cruiser you were using.

But that doesn't suit you, or any other noob around here, so you twist words and ignore what was actually said.

I wont bother wasting my time on you.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    FFS.

You Clearly have not read any of my posts here, have you - if you had, you would remember where i said repeatedly it was a flexible set up which varied with the Cruiser you were using.

But that doesn't suit you, or any other noob around here, so you twist words and ignore what was actually said.

I wont bother wasting my time on you.

You're mistaken, I HAVE read every word looking for something I didn't see before but fair enough. Your attempted lesson isn't wasted or unappreciated.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    fireseeedfireseeed Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kyeto13 wrote: »
    I have heard alot of the rage about the community about the revamped queues being harder than before. Hell, I've BEEN in those queues and the Borg take forever to take down now in a decent STF-Advance. It is a significant step up from where they were before.

However, I am begging you, Cryptic, DO NOT LISTEN TO THE RAGE! Stay fast your decision and let the community adapt to these new queues. This provides a real challenge for people to look forward to in the game. It breaks the cycle of abusing the PvP queues or seeing how fast they can race a Constitution class through an endgame queue. This will mean more traffic and more cheeks-in-seats as we try to rise to the new PvE challenge in our own ships. It is also a good incentive for people to buy your new T6 ships in order to complete the new queues easier (in theory) or to dump Zen-to-Dil into the game to upgrade all their gear so they can have a competitive edge again in the endgame. It also raises the bar for the standard of player needed in the endgame of STO, which in turn will attract more hardcore players from your competitors who are looking for more and different challenges.

The larger hit points on all the NPCs resumes the feeling that Star Trek originally had, Tall ships at Sea, as opposed to the TIE fighter zippity-doo-dah dogfighting style of before. Battles between two ships take several minutes instead of several seconds. This increases the time to think of and execute tactics. It also increases the immersion of hard-core trekkies of the feel that these are big vessels, with the lives of hundreds onboard. This also brings back the nail biting and exhilarating experience of completing the mission by the skin of your teeth. How amazing it feels to slug it out for 15 minutes, sweating it out with the borg, and then finally sending the Kang out with 30 seconds left on the clock. That's what this game needs! More moments of near death experience and triumph in the face of incredible odds!

To all the community members whinging about the content: It is possible. It can be done. Ask around. Try something new. Learn how to build a better ship. Relearn the tactics of the game. These are not impossible. These are challenges to rise above!

Pretty much agree but a lot won't. Sadly cryptic won't have the balls to stand up to them.
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ill say this, should the advanced mode been a little harder because of power creep, yes...

should they have increased the stats of the npc's.. yes....

should they have increased the amount of npc's .. no...

should they have made the content much much harder, and then cut the rewards by nearly 3/4's.. no....

im fine with the new advanced mode if they reward us like 1500 dil for completing it.. I have completed the new advanced mode, and I find that 1500 dil for it is a fair reward.

plain and simple, cryptic didn't just make it "harder", they made is unreasonable given the time it takes and the rewards given.. also, advanced is not elite.. advanced is meant to be a stepping stone for level 50+ leveling. elite is for the level 60's who are min maxing.

no one is saying to make elite any less hard, we are just saying to make the advanced more in line with what its role is in the game..
  • Options
    ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kyeto13 wrote: »

The larger hit points on all the NPCs resumes the feeling that Star Trek originally had, Tall ships at Sea, as opposed to the TIE fighter zippity-doo-dah dogfighting style of before. Battles between two ships take several minutes instead of several seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UspfD7SW5Ns
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You guys are comparing the revamped endgame instances with what are essentially low-developed characters and builds and not being very familiar with the way things are. When the average is Lv60 with more new Rep Tiers fully unlocked, to include Delta Rep, Starship Masteries, the new standard for equipment sitting at Mk XIII and XIV, and people getting the grasp of gameplay more, then the game will become much more manageable.

But no, we have fresh 60s, tons of low 50s trying harder difficulty content with their DR noob equipment, not being thoroughly familiar with the revamped instances, who encounter difficulty and rage. Rage that they can't faceroll the instances in 6 minutes anymore on the highest end content.

Cry me a river.

I have issues with diminished rewards.

I have issues with the mission timers not being reasonable.

The game has turned up a notch. What I like seeing in the various chat channels are the people raging like the world had ended, like Cryptic stole their Easter Candy. What I see are bad players finally shining through. Where as before DR you literally got away with lots of stupid things, especially just powering through with "Moar Firepowah." Not so anymore, and I enjoy seeing bad players exposing themselves on the channels.

Except that the massive boost to enemy hp necessitates more dps and sci and tanking are still pointless but by all means keep on talking about noobs...
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif