test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Rising or how to frustrate players and make them go away

panamppanamp Member Posts: 8 Arc User
1. I can not level up to 60, just by following the storyline, i need to do pve queues to continue with the storyline.

2. Bugs like the bride on Kobali prime.

3. The Video sequence in "Borg Disconnected" is pointless and very annoying

4. Did they run out of time to create proper content or why do we have to do so many patrol missions?

5. The last part of "The Last Stand" (set charges at the chemicals) is impossible to do alone, because the Vaadwaur respawn to quick.

There is more but just these are enough to be to frustrated to continue.
Post edited by panamp on

Comments

• gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    panamp wrote: »
    1. I can not level up to 60, just by following the storyline, i need to do pve queues to continue with the storyline.

Solution: Go to Tau Dewa system. Set your difficulty to Elite. Power grind.
  • panamppanamp Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If i wanted to grind, i'd go and play Eve online or something. I expected a storyline i can follow, not being interupted by pve queues or whatever boring grind. i guess i expected to much.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    people say this every time there's an update...

I'd say the rage in here is... between Jar jar and wesley.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Solution: Go to Tau Dewa system. Set your difficulty to Elite. Power grind.

Not everyone is a professional grinder some people actually want to play for fun yes the F word Fun not everyone is a hardcore player some of us are causal players.

you might like to power grind but myself and others do not.
  • ednarulesednarules Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2014

This is the worst update cryptic has done yet though, so the rage is understandable.
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited October 2014

bombad trouble for sure :P
  • ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    panamp wrote: »
    If i wanted to grind, i'd go and play Eve online or something. I expected a storyline i can follow, not being interupted by pve queues or whatever boring grind. i guess i expected to much.

I too am frustrated with this. This takes me back to the days of the initial launch of the game. There wasnt enough content to get you ranked up so they forced patrol missions on you. They were grindy and obnoxious.

Now Im forced to stop what Im doing in the Delta Quadrant and go do dailies in the Tau Dewa Sector, Deferi and Neutral Zone just to finish up one level.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ednarules wrote: »
    This is the worst update cryptic has done yet though, so the rage is understandable.

This is the worst update since the last worst update

Over use a word to much, and it loses it's meaning.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Since this is a "rage thread" can I rant about not being able to get a T6 Miranda?
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »

Except DR is terrible and it is accurate to call it the worst. Ok, maybe not the worst ever ... but it is among the worst. 1 space STF ... handful of grindy missions ... incredibly boring spam fest trying to take down millions of HP. Has to be the laziest and most cynical attempt by a dev to increase difficulty and raise cash.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
    edited October 2014

new type of ship? check
    10 more levels? check
    new specialization system? check
    new upgrade system? check
    lockbox without duty officer mini-packs? check
    higher difficulty to make elite actually elite? check
    new rep with cool delta gear? check
    borg disconnected normal easy as ****? check
    kobali prime being actively worked on? check
    kobali prime being well done and epic? check

there are flaws, such as the diificulty of advanced missions, BUT overall this expansion is a roaring success in my book
    edited October 2014
    macronius wrote: »
    Except DR is terrible and it is accurate to call it the worst. Ok, maybe not the worst ever ... but it is among the worst. 1 space STF ... handful of grindy missions ... incredibly boring spam fest trying to take down millions of HP. Has to be the laziest and most cynical attempt by a dev to increase difficulty and raise cash.

2 space STF, 1 ground STF, 17 missions, 2 quadrants. 4 VO actors, 2 brand new systems, a new rep , a new adventure zone, level cap raise, intel ships. And also remember the delta missions are a staged release, they said up front they werent going to release them all with delta release, and release them afterwards a few at a time
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I want to highlight the reason you do not see everyone who is pro-delta rising pushing back against the Nerd Rage is because they are to busy playing the game then b*itchin on the forums.

Now that the game is down for repair, expect push back.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    edited October 2014
    The "new" content is garbage grind fest and not fun. The episodes with neelix are the absolute worst, I want to kick that ****er in the face with a tire iron. 7 of 9 is rendered horribly, Harry is done pretty good tho.

I dislike the kobali zone, cryptic picked the wrong race to be "friendly" with. A bunch of body snatching necros, the vaud (sp?) are a much more sympathetic race imho. I rather align with them than the ****ing kobali.

Give me an option to nuke koabli from existence, and I'll be happy. Oh, toss neelix into an airlock too.
  • opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    new type of ship? check
    10 more levels? check

there are flaws, such as the diificulty of advanced missions, BUT overall this expansion is a roaring success in my book

I'm gonna have to agree with this.

The only issue there is, even if it is an enraging and completely obnoxious one, is the nerf to the STFs and the completely terrible HP scaling of mobs in Advanced.

Otherwise, I'd certainly say the servers and bugs are a LOT better than they were in LOR.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    macronius wrote: »
    YMMV - DR is quite good, especially since what qualifies as a grind varies wildly. The shaky launch was quite expected, and things need tuning, which we're already getting.
    The "new" content is garbage grind fest and not fun. The episodes with neelix are the absolute worst, I want to kick that ****er in the face with a tire iron. 7 of 9 is rendered horribly, Harry is done pretty good tho.

I dislike the kobali zone, cryptic picked the wrong race to be "friendly" with. A bunch of body snatching necros, the vaud (sp?) are a much more sympathetic race imho. I rather align with them than the ****ing kobali.

Give me an option to nuke koabli from existence, and I'll be happy. Oh, toss neelix into an airlock too.
    You know that Neelix's hate isn't universal, right? Some actually do like him, along with the Kobali, etc etc etc?

So no, your hatred of them isn't gonna give you those options, simply put.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »

LOL same old song since the inception of STO...what is this 10.0 complaining round?...same rage just different authors...if you dont bellieve go to archives and search for "grind" or "I quit" posts...numerous of those to go around from season to season and expansion to expansion.:eek:
    DUwNP.gif

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Hmm...

...Nah. Season 4 still holds the crown for worst update ever. Delta Rising is up there at 2nd or 3rd place.

Looking back at LoR's launch, I thought it was more welcome to people, and most "rage" that I read was directed at the fact that the Romulans were not a full faction. Delta Rising was mostly met with a lukewarm response and has a lot of people upset with just about everything, while others praise the rise in difficulty and the addition of T6 ships. This update was going to make it or break it for STO. As it stands, the future looks uncertain to me.
    edited October 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Hmm...

...Nah. Season 4 still holds the crown for worst update ever. Delta Rising is up there at 2nd or 3rd place.

Looking back at LoR's launch, I thought it was more welcome to people, and most "rage" that I read was directed at the fact that the Romulans were not a full faction. Delta Rising was mostly met with a lukewarm response has a lot of people upset with just about everything. This update was going to make it or break it for STO. As it stands, the future looks uncertain to me.

I'm pretty sure most of the rage is directed at how stupid the HP on mobs are and the STF dilithium nerf.

I haven't really seen any content complaint threads other than that. It really is a shame too, since I thought the whole Delta Quadrant was done well, and more trekkish than previous seasons.
    edited October 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Hmm...

Looking back at LoR's launch, I thought it was more welcome to people, and most "rage" that I read was directed at the fact that the Romulans were not a full faction. Delta Rising was mostly met with a lukewarm response and has a lot of people upset with just about everything, while others praise the rise in difficulty and the addition of T6 ships. This update was going to make it or break it for STO. As it stands, the future looks uncertain to me.

You got me there.. Yeah LoR the main complaint was the way they introduce the Rom faction as a neutered half-assed one. Don't forget the stackable SRO boffs, and the nerfed embassy ones the rest of us are stuck with.

Unless things drastically change from what they've done, the game probably will be dead in a year at most.
    edited October 2014
    new type of ship? check
    10 more levels? check

10 more levels?
    MOAR grind doing exactly the same content. CHECK!
    MOAR powers to unlock adding to power creep. CHECK!
    MOAR cash grabs and time gates ... and grinds. CHECK!
    MOAR MEGA cash grabs. CHECK!
    MOAR insta-jib invisi torpedo ... insta dran ... and cheap shots! CHECK!
    MOAR gear to grind! CHECK!
    MOAR easy missions rewarding nothing of value. CHECK!
    MOAR boring ground combat ... lacking any real challenge. CHECK!
    *see above*

More challenging and better / more cohesive story? Nope
    More AI / mechanics and cool challenges in missions? Nope
    More balance and variability in builds? Nope
    Less DPS races and less linear gameplay? Nope
    Enough content to satisfy the expansion? Nope
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • vermatrixvermatrix Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    All of the problems a lot of people seem to have with the new Delta Rising stuff may, possibly, have something to do with the TRIBBLE job Cryptic did with testing. Rather than having more people test the new content they had the stupid, yes stupid idea of making testing the new stuff a pay to use thing where you need a paid membership to do it.
    News flash, how many bug reports did that net you? 1? 2? The only reason anyone is going to pay to play test stuff is just so they can say they got to see it first, not to report problems and then theres the fact that theres way more silver than gold accounts and unless anyones expecting the game's population to be 2 it may be a good idea to test everything with a group that's a compairable size to the game's population.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    Like every release players on tribble report bugs and problems, and like every release they totally ignore what was said and release it anyways.

Been going on for years now, don't know why we bother testing things on tribble tbh.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You got me there.. Yeah LoR the main complaint was the way they introduce the Rom faction as a neutered half-assed one. Don't forget the stackable SRO boffs, and the nerfed embassy ones the rest of us are stuck with.

Unless things drastically change from what they've done, the game probably will be dead in a year at most.
    Well I hate to burst your bubble, but people have been claiming that + other doom stuff many seasons earlier than this expansion, even before PWE took over... it's never panned out that way lol
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think I'll just doff my way up to 60 while playing space barbie and chatting, then play the story without such interruptions. Because I *do* want to play the new story missions. Heck, maybe I'll replay some of the less-awful early Fed missions. But I'm not going to queue up for anything.
    edited October 2014
    Anyone remember the good old days of higher difficulty in STO?

This is how they did it back in 2011:

pulled from patch notes from July 2011:

"Switching to Advanced or Elite difficulty will give critters a little more HP, but not much. However, they will deal more damage, and some will even gain new abilities. As always, playing at a higher difficulty setting will earn you better rewards."

More damage, more abilities?? Wow, I thought making mobs have a crapload of HP was hard! :rolleyes:
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't see any time travel or Captain Proton mission. So Delta Rising is more about the home world war adventure zone then along with the patrols as secondary. Will there be more DR full mission in November, December 2014?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think I'll just doff my way up to 60 while playing space barbie and chatting, then play the story without such interruptions. Because I *do* want to play the new story missions. Heck, maybe I'll replay some of the less-awful early Fed missions. But I'm not going to queue up for anything.

I am doing this as well.

Level 51 baby!!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hope DR makes certain people go away.
    edited October 2014

Smart player. I will do the new content ... what little there is ... and then take a break.

- Judge Aaron Satie
This discussion has been closed.