test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Expansion Maintenance (October 14, 2014)

Comments

• Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jslyn wrote: »
    I don't kill the adorable pigs for my bacon. They are already dead. Not eating them makes their sacrifice in vain. I eat the pigs to show my respect for them.

What I don't respect are the monsters that raise their livestock in super-small, inhumane cages. Those people TRIBBLE me off. :mad:

Couldn't agree more.

I just can't look at meat without seeing the animal it came from. Too many nature documentaries as a kid, I guess. ;):eek::D
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more.

I just can't look at meat without seeing the animal it came from. Too many nature documentaries as a kid, I guess. ;):eek::D

Lol, I get a whole fried guinea pig or fish in a plate and I eat it happy. As for a pig roast, I go in as soon as it's done cooking and take the ears off the head and eat them. The tail is also good.
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Couldn't agree more.

They should be forced to live their cages for the same amount of time they have their animals in there. :mad: I buy nothing from the people known to use those things.
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    well ps2 and reading complaints on this thread be the interesting things i be doing for 4 hours minimum
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    One who acknowledges that you need to kill the pig to get the bacon.

And one who has actually met some pigs and found them quite adorable for grunting ungulates that enjoy wallowing in mud.
    I long ago came to grips with the knowledge that somewhere deep inside I'm much like a bear. :P

It's why I have a People Eating Tasty Animals hat and shirt. Animals might be adorable, but.... YUM!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Couldn't agree more.

*shrugs* I grew up on a farm. I've eaten a burger while out in the field with a bunch of cows,
    ive seen a chicken with its head cut off. really weird. they really do run around.
    i've watched chickens eat eggs. seriously, you break an egg in a chicken coop those suckers will eat it. even CHICKENS eat chicken.
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hope before the holidays that they release an intel bop or just even a tier 6 bop one or the other or both lol. I get why they did what they have revealed but I think until they turn the ship around and not go into the direction with the KDF in the past where they take something like the aspect of raiders and only develop it for non-KDF players or npcs. Plus you would have thought with an opportunity like this that would have opened up on the bird of prey line for the KDF being stealth is the theme not to mention raiders lol. Where a player may find the bulkyness of battle cruisers where a bird of prey would feel more strategic doing raids. Not to mention that was Cryptics answer between the bridge between KDF and federation ships is that they had science ships and we had bops which over the years they both kind of fell off the map but where science ships got love and the bops did not besides flanking which doesn't mean anything unless they develop something to back it up which compared to fed and romulan new vanilla toys it was like being fed a crumb lol.

So good luck cryptic but if you don't plan on developing what is needed in the game I'll just be another one of your thousands of people that have characters and ships mothballed and collecting dust.
  • Options
    buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    One who acknowledges that you need to kill the pig to get the bacon.

And one who has actually met some pigs and found them quite adorable for grunting ungulates that enjoy wallowing in mud.

Hey I love animals, I just like eating them more.

Fun to pet, better to chew.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    may jump on tonight when I finish work so at least im not sitting for 4 hours doing nothing but waiting. But if it is as I Suspect it will be qing to get into game like it was last expansion so may wait a few days for the haters to leave the game again and then try but unlike LOR I'm not to excited about this expansion but then again I;m not really a Voyager fan so that explains my lack of enthusiasm
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    To those who are unfamiliar with new seasons and expansions, the reason they upload these on Tuesdays is so the player base will get through the major issues they choose to ignore on tribble, and still have their time to write patches for things that shouldn't have to be patched on Wednesday, all while keeping their normal scheduled maintenance on Thursday to upload said patches...

Duh!
    :)

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Now, where is my popcorn?

Probably won't find it until next tuesday... :rolleyes::D
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wtf still NO patch notes ive been to bed had breakfast n am now on the way to my mums to help with her painting
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok can someone pls tell me what time the patch is happening for ppl in britain as there is no way for me to check using the post
    The True King In The North
  • Options
    sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nyasaya wrote: »
    I hope we don't get long queue lines like the last expansion. The line game was no fun. :(

when there is log in queues it wont effect the people who can by pass it and go right in to the game. oh yes its good to be gold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,325 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sammyspet1 wrote: »
    when there is log in queues it wont effect the people who can by pass it and go right in to the game. oh yes its good to be gold

Shouldn't the gold player be last in line though because they have been hogging all that tribble content for some time now.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Shouldn't the gold player be last in line though because they have been hogging all that tribble content for some time now.

-sarcasum mode on-

yeah great idea sherlock.... dont let the people in who pay monthly over people who are free to play.... mmmmm thats a reallly goood idea LOL, you should count lifer's in to that to and only let silver in before anyone else LOL get real man

-sarcasum mode off--

its one of the perks of getting gold, if you do not like it you can get gold or you can go and complain at someone where the air is real thin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2014
    -sarcasum mode on-

yeah great idea sherlock.... dont let the people in who pay monthly over people who are free to play.... mmmmm thats a reallly goood idea LOL, you should count lifer's in to that to and only let silver in before anyone else LOL get real man

-sarcasum mode off--

its one of the perks of getting gold, if you do not like it you can get gold or you can go and complain at someone where the air is real thin.

It makes sense though. They (gold) have already played the content and by placing them last in line the potential stress of the login queue is reduced in the process.

As a game producer one should cater to the largest group of players first after all.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    It makes sense though. They (gold) have already played the content and by placing them last in line the potential stress of the login queue is reduced in the process.

As a game producer one should cater to the largest group of players first after all.

we pay for the game, silver players do not. the silver players dont pay for the game just get the odd ship.

and fyi if you are just doing this to troll or not then a game would put the people who pay for gold over silver anyday no matter how many people are silver, the gold still pay for that right and they get it... its always been that way, it will always be that way no matter how much 1 nut wants it to change.

money pays for things silver just dont get LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2014
    we pay for the game, silver players do not. the silver players dont pay for the game just get the odd ship.

and fyi if you are just doing this to troll or not then a game would put the people who pay for gold over silver anyday no matter how many people are silver, the gold still pay for that right and they get it... its always been that way, it will always be that way no matter how much 1 nut wants it to change.

money pays for things silver just dont get LOL

And you have free zen every month and a two month head start on the content. Bottom line is: don't be greedy and get back in line.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    And you have free zen every month and a two month head start on the content. Bottom line is: don't be greedy and get back in line.

talk to the hand. if u want to be gold then go gold... dont moan at people who pay for the rights to join before people who are silver, after all money speaks louder then the nut who dont like it.

so you can like it or lump it..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just because Tribble was gold only doesn't mean that all gold players were playing on it. It doesn't make sense to make all of them go last.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Heyyyy, I do that too and you never said those beautiful words about me :mad:

But anyway, I hope no one will task Smirk with the patch notes typing.

We all know that to much coffee and 3 days awake let Smirk loose the grip for reality..
  • Options
    dangeruxodangeruxo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    Not sure about the time zone adjustment, but it's 6-10 AM Pacific (which is the Los Angeles timezone, if you want to adjust your computer clock)... 9 AM-1 PM Eastern (US), which is New York time.

They got me too, I think some of the confusion comes from the fact that whoever updated the maintenance banner on the patcher listed the UTC times as 0100 - 0500, I guess they think Greenwich is west of LA? Kind of aggravating since I've spent the last couple days pretty excited thinking I'd wake up and be able to patch immediately, guess I should have known better.

Anyway, the UTC times listed are 12 hours off from the correct adjusted times; they'll be patching 1300 to 1700 UTC, which is 1400 to 1800 UK time, and 1500 to 1900 CET in Germany, where I live.
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    djmarr1964 wrote: »
    Ok can someone pls tell me what time the patch is happening for ppl in britain as there is no way for me to check using the post

http://bit.ly/ZWM8Lq

Localised countdown timer
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    -sarcasum mode on-

-sarcasum mode off--

So, what are you trying to say, that silver accounts don't pay as much or, possibly more than golds?

Money is money and, both can spend just as much as the other!

The only difference is, golds get paid back so, don't go feeling entitled!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Tuesday, October 14th at 6AM PDT for our expansion maintenance and to apply a new patch. Stay tuned for our full list of patch notes and expect this maintenance to last for 4 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

- The Star Trek Online Team

Where's that local time thingy?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014

I really thought that osmium was the densest element on earth.. Just goes to show, that even I'm wrong once in a while..

Paying a sub or going LTS is showing a commitment to the game, if there were no perks to that commitment then what would be the point to it. you show me 1 company or social organisation that prioritizes its free 'guests', regardless of spend, over their commited sub paying members.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Where's that local time thingy?

http://bit.ly/ZWM8Lq

as requested.. should be set to your device time.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
This discussion has been closed.