test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Expansion Maintenance (October 14, 2014)

Comments

• Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Just because Tribble was gold only doesn't mean that all gold players were playing on it. It doesn't make sense to make all of them go last.

To be honest it was clear from the subtle hints you could pick up from the livestreams and the state of the feedback forums for tribble that the gold's on there weren't trying very hard. Most of the missions and new systems have practically no feedback.

The only thread that had mostly constructive and valid feedback was the upgrade system and the devs refused to talk about the issues there, so I'm expecting a lot of rage. For once it'll probably be valid too.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    To be honest it was clear from the subtle hints you could pick up from the livestreams and the state of the feedback forums for tribble that the gold's on there weren't trying very hard. Most of the missions and new systems have practically no feedback.

The only thread that had mostly constructive and valid feedback was the upgrade system and the devs refused to talk about the issues there, so I'm expecting a lot of rage. For once it'll probably be valid too.

there isnt a single post on the 1st 2 pages of the tribble feedback thread that even mention the upgrade system.. its all ui, mission and q issues, with some costume, tailor and npc bugs.. so not quite sure where you are getting your information from??

*and since when have Smirk and Trendy been subtle about anything??
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Rage... Patchnotes... Rage... Server Downtime... Rage...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    One thing is certain; the forums will be more interesting once the server goes down. The usual mixture of rage and impatience. And demands for compensation when the server doesn't come back online the very second it should.

Yea...

I wonder where I put that post where I listed all the rage things...

Also, I'd like cookies... Or just to get out of work... I am bored...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    One thing is certain; the forums will be more interesting once the server goes down. The usual mixture of rage and impatience. And demands for compensation when the server doesn't come back online the very second it should.

yeah, that is always worth a giggle, and to be fair, the ranting of others does help the time pass nicely :)
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    sgtschatzsgtschatz Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ragers! Ragers! I'll make popcorn!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't have a good feeling about how this expansion is going to be rolled out. 06:00 -10:00 PST is not 01:00 - 05:00 UTC as advertised in the laucher, and if they can't tell the time correctly what hope is there for the rest of the expansion?
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    qziqza wrote: »
    yeah, that is always worth a giggle, and to be fair, the ranting of others does help the time pass nicely :)
    sgtschatz wrote: »
    Ragers! Ragers! I'll make popcorn!!!
    The rage I can cope with. The impatience is quite amusing.

The demands for compensation (the serious ones) are tiresome and annoying though.

It is a good day to watch the whining! :D
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited October 2014
    vorga113 wrote: »
    I don't have a good feeling about how this expansion is going to be rolled out. 06:00 -10:00 PST is not 01:00 - 05:00 UTC as advertised in the laucher, and if they can't tell the time correctly what hope is there for the rest of the expansion?

Not sure how this is related... The time wasn't even announced by a dev, but by the webteam/Community reps...

After all, you don't expect the nurse to do heart surgery at a hospital, do you?
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    2 hours and 30 mins to go then it fun time (or rage time for some).
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Go Go 'plaining Ragers

You Mighty Morphin 'plaining Raaageeeeeeers
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    vorga113 wrote: »
    Someone mentioned yesterday that Americans have a preference for the 12hr clock instead of the 24hr. I had myself all geared up thinking id be getting up early this morining to Jeri Ryan and some new ships.. denied!! but at least im managing to get some last minute doffing, rep dailies and crafting projects in before the lights go out.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It is a bit odd not to have patch notes up though. I guess they'll be a long read.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And will undoubted take a while to type too.....

If by write you mean copy/paste..... the notes only have to be compiled.... :P
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yay cats! My catian will love it
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    masternecromanmasternecroman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That means 15:00 to 19:00 since I am the next time zone neighbor on the right from the UK.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh well not that long left, good luck everyone ( good luck devs think ya gonna need it :D ).
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    there isnt a single post on the 1st 2 pages of the tribble feedback thread that even mention the upgrade system.. its all ui, mission and q issues, with some costume, tailor and npc bugs.. so not quite sure where you are getting your information from??

*and since when have Smirk and Trendy been subtle about anything??

Well I see it just fine, where are you looking? It's second from the top for me.

I was referring to things they didn't directly say but was pretty obvious for anyone who knows about what goes on.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Maintenance 6AM to 10AM PDT (Click here to view in your timezone.)
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That means 15:00 to 19:00 since I am the next time zone neighbor on the right from the UK.:rolleyes:

you either live in Irland, or on water :P
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    you either live in Irland, or on water :P
    Irland is left from UK on my Map

and to topic because server will crash at 19:00 i think we cant play today anymore after patch starts

i dont think cryptic learnd from last season starts and got some extra servers so all can play even after a new season starts and everyone will look at it
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    calamaraincalamarain Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh well... Farming Simulator will get some playtime this (UK) afternoon then! Maybe SW:Tor too...
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Maintenance 6AM to 10AM PDT (Click here to view in your timezone.)

Thx for the link.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    http://bit.ly/ZWM8Lq

as requested.. should be set to your device time.

Thank you!

This should be in the OP.
  • Options
    shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Didn't sleep well last night due to a backache. Sleep during scheduled down time, then DCUO, and SW:TOR during the emergency maintenance. I don't suppose if we offer bacon burgers to you Trendy, crashes can be avoided?:D
  • Options
    hunterkiller64hunterkiller64 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i think we scared trendy off lol either that or she's trying to find the caffeine drip that was hidden in the office
  • Options
    darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i think we scared trendy off lol either that or she's trying to find the caffeine drip that was hidden in the office

I think the entire team is running Emergency Power to Coffee machine right now.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,422 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sammyspet1 wrote: »
    talk to the hand. if u want to be gold then go gold... dont moan at people who pay for the rights to join before people who are silver, after all money speaks louder then the nut who dont like it.

so you can like it or lump it..

Hello hand, you forgot to wash up after the wipe because you're full of s...

Gold entitles you to free zen, early access to testing, extra refining and free ships.

Feeling entitled to get first in line is nothing more than greed.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Captains! Our maintenance is beginning shortly. We expect it to last 4 hours, in preparation for Delta Rising. Get ready!!!
This discussion has been closed.