What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Holodeck Login Issues (9/27) [Resolved]

Comments

• Options
    moofrymoofry Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Holodeck is unlocked and ready! Welcome back Captains!

~laughingtrendy

Thanks trendy!
    This feels like STO sometimes lol
  • Options
    northrangernorthranger Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This isn't the first time, though newer players may think so. We've had "adjustment periods" with other major game updates in the past.

It's not a big deal. The more attention they pay to minor problems, the smoother things will be in the long run.

Y'all be patient.
  • Options
    shammozshammoz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    saladinbob wrote: »
    And of course you rolled it back several hours...Well done.

Yup, I had just got RA(40), now I am back to 37 and mission progress has to be done again.

Cant be bothered, going to bed.
  • Options
    index1985index1985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    pwlaughingtrendy
    just one question

why are you ignoring my messages

and on side note i still cant log in
    You have been blocked from following this account at the request of the user.
    so this is the way how cryptic is treating players
    and by threating them with ban even permanent one
    if they dont shup up
  • Options
    stevenstarlightstevenstarlight Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    At last! I thought I will not be able to play today!
    Capt. Robert J. Tyler
    NCC 95170 USS ARTEMIS

"Audentes fortuna iuvat"
    (Virgil, Aeneid X, 284)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crazyguitarladycrazyguitarlady Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Finally! it's back up! Sorry for making it go down :P I promise I won't change factions anymore ;)
    Or maybe it was the screaming four year old that's been here all afternoon and just left...
    Anyway, back to gaming!
  • Options
    divvydavedivvydave Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Still getting login2 timeout, happens after char select screen before map load. oh well call it a night :(
  • Options
    stevenstarlightstevenstarlight Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    To update my Tact Oddy!
    Capt. Robert J. Tyler
    NCC 95170 USS ARTEMIS

"Audentes fortuna iuvat"
    (Virgil, Aeneid X, 284)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nikkobrisbanenikkobrisbane Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As annoying as these random crashes are...We must stop and think. This game is extremely popular, Meaning the server sometimes will be over whelmed, now that being said, PWE as a company should Upgrade there servers....I am whiling to provide my Superior Tech upgrades if required *troll face* But seriously. People must understand that technology does fail...Look at your own PC's they have there moments. IT can be the most updated in the world yet will have a crash or some such issue.

By no means am I saying this is acceptable or not annoying. I am just simply saying that things happen. In regards to crashes at lauch of major updates....There would be something wrong if they didn't occur. The current content needs to adapt to the added content, which on tribble cannot be fully fixed due to the much lower player base on that server. It isn't until launch on holodeck do the devs and techies no what bugs will appear etc etc. So the best thing to do is be patient. Things happen, but in the end it comes back up and they fix things.
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Lost almost all the work I did in the game this morning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's technology, and sometimes it breaks, that's life, it always will be.
  • Options
    startrekkin81startrekkin81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's technology, and sometimes it breaks, that's life, it always will be.

I dont understand why people dont get this.
  • Options
    oosgearoo007oosgearoo007 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Holodecks up
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Actually we do. We understand clusters and fault tolerance and error handling and transaction logs, etc.
  • Options
    index1985index1985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Holodeck Login Issues (9/27) [Resolved] JOKE :D:rolleyes:

still cant LOG IN

pwlaughingtrendy
    look at your messages
    and answer please if that is not too much to ask
    You have been blocked from following this account at the request of the user.
    so this is the way how cryptic is treating players
    and by threating them with ban even permanent one
    if they dont shup up
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am certain that if while doing insurance claims, if the system nose dives on me, the customer is not going to understand, "Sorry. Your claim has been lost and you won't be getting any disbursement because I have no record you ever filed a claim. Sorry about your car. Just to back to work and grind a new one."

EDIT: In fact, nevermind. Because a game company is exempt from normal rules of customer service. Worked for pixels are just a loss of time. Unlike if your time card for one day is lost. That's a different kind of worked for time. Right?
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Lost all progress from about an hour before the server went down, including all R&D projects that I've started, as well as a Fleet project that was filled completely, yet which is now nowhere to be seen.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    few hours later:
    "we aint found ****"

Here ya go:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3iFJpGJiug

"Darth" Geko trying to fix the problem:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSv2yPNryY0
  • Options
    bjchiemarabjchiemara Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have been here since open beta.

I have seen many downtimes, but one thing is sure that the downtimes were few and minimal.

If you have never worked in IT or on networks in general or with server software or in game development at all, then keep your complaints to yourselves.

One day of downtime isn't anything to be complaining about, yes it sucks but it is not like they will let the server be down.

Hardware problems can be tough to diagnose and sometimes fix, especially if the hardware is something you don't have readily on hand because it's expensive and not justified to keep more than one in house because it doesn't "normally" go bad and these things happen so ordering one or configuring a work around takes time.

Tracking down software problems can be just as time consuming. If you never programmed, try looking through an encyclopedia for a single typo. That's pretty much what it's like to find a problem in code.

I've paid nearly $2000 into this game so I don't think most of you should be complaining.

Sit back, and be patient or go find something else to do until they solve the issue. Complaining on here just shows what a truly ungrateful person you are and your lack of appreciation this game even exists for you to play.

Watch this - Flaunting danger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtmbzJNPsaQ&index=26&list=PLD2A8DDA179A97CBC
  • Options
    pumpkinjawpumpkinjaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Lost all progress from about an hour before the server went down, including all R&D projects that I've started, as well as a Fleet project that was filled completely, yet which is now nowhere to be seen.

Have the same issue. Lost a ship I just received for leveling up!
  • Options
    jeromefredricksjeromefredricks Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lost 123,000+ dilithium after exchanging 800 zen and missing 1 master key from inventory after downtime :(
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If my math is bad, someone please correct me:

8766 hours in a year

99% uptime means crashed for ~87 hours per year.

I think we're down for more than 9 hours a year (so less reliable than 99.9%) but not 88 hours a year (so better than 99% uptime).
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    If my math is bad, someone please correct me:

8766 hours in a year

99% uptime means crashed for ~87 hours per year.

I think we're down for more than 9 hours a year (so less reliable than 99.9%) but not 88 hours a year (so better than 99% uptime).

They're down for more than nine hours each month.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bjchiemara wrote: »

I've paid nearly $2000 into this game so I don't think most of you should be complaining.

What, the game is pay to whine now?

And there have been many outages while I;ve been playing STO.

First time, I can recall, there's been a rollback.

Thats an issue that needs acknowledging.....
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    What, the game is pay to whine now?

And there have been many outages while I;ve been playing STO.

First time, I can recall, there's been a rollback.

Thats an issue that needs acknowledging.....

Was there ever acknowledgement about the rollback? I lost a good chunk of work and refined dilithium as well as the unrefined I earned in the time before the crash. I also lost all the marks and crafting I had done. I played a good while down on Dyson ground before I tried to change maps and got disconnected. I would guess by the amount I lost that I was playing in a ghost realm of nothing being saved rather than having been kicked off. It would have been nice to see at least a mention of it.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    fengerfenger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So I just tried to beam up to my ship from earth spacedock, and got a timeout while connecting to account server. Before I did that I noticed some odd behavior by the game client, and I had a feeling that something was wrong with the system. I was not able to equip or unequip gear on my BOFF right before this happened.

Been trying to login for 15 minutes now, still cant get in. I had no idea the state of this game was so unstable and the support so poor. I would not have come back had I known that I would not be able to play whenever I wanted to, or have to deal with roll backs due to server crashes. I expect this during a games launch, not 5 years into the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    Was there ever acknowledgement about the rollback? I lost a good chunk of work and refined dilithium as well as the unrefined I earned in the time before the crash. I also lost all the marks and crafting I had done. I played a good while down on Dyson ground before I tried to change maps and got disconnected. I would guess by the amount I lost that I was playing in a ghost realm of nothing being saved rather than having been kicked off. It would have been nice to see at least a mention of it.

Not that I've seen.
  • Options
    gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    same here.. but what do I know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
  • Options
    gammadelta2gammadelta2 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Resolved? Really?

Unless I'm doing something wrong logging into the game the same way I've logged in since launch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    squyffsquyff Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    got in yesterday evening fine got unable to authenticate just now tried several times server status is up any thoughts?