Install Arc
Options

Holodeck Login Issues (9/27) [Resolved]

Comments

• Options
    startrekkin81startrekkin81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    pondersc wrote: »
    I am paying to play an MMO. I am not paying to test content.

It is bad enough they put the broken upgrade system on holodeck.

Wow... Pathetic.

Curious... How often does the server going down crimp your style?

If it's sooooo bad, stop paying to play. It's that simple.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We are currently doing a sweep check on the Holodeck before we can bring it up online! More information soon!

Don't forget to vacuum and do the windows too.
  • Options
    bidzarbidzar Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Funny... How often is the server down out side a maintenance period? Yeah... exactly... So you pick the time it goes down to complain about how your day is ruined?

Read a book.

Go outside.

Socialize with friends... NOT the online ones. Unless that's all you have in which case I feel sorry for you.

Do something constructive. Geeze. Games are not what living life is all about.

Some of us enjoy being in the MMO that we PAY for and have dropped REAL MONEY into! Just because They wanted to play a game THEY PAID FOR, doesn't mean they don't have a life. Why are all these a&&hats Trolling AND NO ONE FROM PWE IS Moderating OR GIVING AN ETA?
  • Options
    moofrymoofry Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They do need "their noses rubbed in it," It might motivate them to do better. If you continuously release broken content, you should expect some pushback.

And how would you like it if I came over every time something went wrong for you and rubbed YOUR nose in it whether it was your fault or no? You wouldn't like it...so don't do it to them.
    This feels like STO sometimes lol
  • Options
    sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bidzar wrote: »
    Some of us enjoy being in the MMO that we PAY for and have dropped REAL MONEY into! Just because They wanted to play a game THEY PAID FOR, doesn't mean they don't have a life. Why are all these a&&hats Trolling AND NO ONE FROM PWE IS Moderating OR GIVING AN ETA?

They work for the same side, trust me...
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    They do need "their noses rubbed in it," It might motivate them to do better. If you continuously release broken content, you should expect some pushback.

I think someone needs a piece of humble pie.

Yes...

You.

Your QQing will have NO effect on their motivation. The mere fact that you have said that shows how incredibly naive your are.
  • Options
    yeolleryeoller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Socialize with friends... NOT the online ones. Unless that's all you have in which case I feel sorry for you.

I agreed with most of what you said, but the quoted text is unnecessary.
  • Options
    strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    adwynyth wrote: »
    Use a BIG BROOM.

Tie a half-dozen tribbles to a stick...
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • Options
    edited September 2014

If you think I'm trolling, then you've already proven to everyone here just far up your posterior your head is.

Stuff happens, cupcake. You cannot reasonably assume that a server is going to be up 100% of the time and that it will not always 100% fit within your scheduled STO time. That's just arrogant presumption.
  • Options
    tomtombeatertomtombeater Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    UPDATE

We are currently doing a sweep check on the Holodeck before we can bring it up online! More information soon

few hours later:
    "we aint found ****"
  • Options
    stovakstovak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Funny... How often is the server down out side a maintenance period? Yeah... exactly... So you pick the time it goes down to complain about how your day is ruined?

Read a book.

Go outside.

Do something constructive. Geeze. Games are not what living life is all about.

Oh grow up. Some of us have a real life and the reason we are so pissed is that we don't have much time to play as it is, so when the few precious hours we do have to play are taken by the game being down, it is annoying.
  • Options
    captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Dissapointing that about the problem with the holodeck server, Also the Arc Page dosen't load
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    yeoller wrote: »
    I agreed with most of what you said, but the quoted text is unnecessary.

Perfectly necessary. Not your place to say otherwise.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    If you think I'm trolling, then you've already proven to everyone here just far up your posterior your head is.

Stuff happens, cupcake. You cannot reasonably assume that a server is going to be 100% of the time and that it will not always 100% fit within your scheduled STO time. That's just arrogant presumption.

Yes, but these people have a legitimate complaint regarding unscheduled downtime.

I don't think you're trolling, but you're definitely instigating.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    stovak wrote: »
    Oh grow up. Some of us have a real life and the reason we are so pissed is that we don't have much time to play as it is, so when the few precious hours we do have to play are taken by the game being down, it is annoying.

Coming from the person complaining that the game is down. Yup, you're a bright one.
  • Options
    ponderscpondersc Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think someone needs a piece of humble pie.

Yes...

You.

Your QQing will have NO effect on their motivation. The mere fact that you have said that shows how incredibly naive your are.

Not naive, angry.
  • Options
    kadamskadams Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Grow up. 10 Char limit

Yes, quite.

Considering how quickly Cryptic came up with STO after Perpetual lost the bid, I'm really surprised STO is so stable.

With a major expansion coming, especially since this expansion does so many things - R&D, new factions, a bunch of STFs, more - this is to be expected. STO is not run by magical, evil goblins who decide "HRRM I THINK I WILL TAKE THE SERVER DOWN TO SPITE <insert player name here>. MUAHAHAHAHAHA. AND THEN, THE WORLD WILL BE MIIIIINE!" and they go off to twirl their perfectly quaffed mustaches.

They're probably scrambling and swearing and sweating to get STO back up as quickly as possible... because downtime is bad, for obvious reasons. Cut 'em a friggin' break. Go outside. Read a book. Flirt with a male/female (whichever applies to your preferred sexual preferences). Do something more productive than whining "butbutbut I wanna play STO RITE NOW" on the forums.

Accept "okay, my MMO of choice is down". Yes, that sucks. Boo freakin' hoo.
  • Options
    missbehaving0777missbehaving0777 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    few hours later:
    "we aint found ****"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3iFJpGJiug
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    yeoller wrote: »
    Yes, but these people have a legitimate complaint regarding unscheduled downtime.

I don't think you're trolling, but you're definitely instigating.

Instigating? No... Annoyed with idiotic, unreasonable expectations? Yes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Going to have to wait till 3pm tomorrow to start rep projects now :(
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Not naive, angry.

And what do you expect the results of your rant will get you?

Wasted energy is all.
  • Options
    ponderscpondersc Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2014

The expectation that a product will be delivered without broken features is not unreasonable, it is business.
  • Options
    stovakstovak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Coming from the person complaining that the game is down. Yup, you're a bright one.

Is it hard being as much of an a$$hole as you are, or does it come naturally to you?
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Kadams left out one other pertinent factoid...

Many of the devs aren't just Cryptic employees - they're Star Trek fans and STO players themselves, they probably want to get back into the game just as much as the rest of us do.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    ashukaashuka Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Then some of you need to read the terms of service before you PAY for something because complaining about something thats clearly outlined in the contract (outages) just seems annoying to most common sensed people. Besides, its been down for what? A few hours.

The universe will not collapse for anyone.. even you .. if you don't get to play STO for half a day. Even if we were still paying a subscription for this and shelling out 15$ a month several hours only translates to a few cents. I know I have dropped way way more to play arcade games for way way less time.

A good IT customer service rep will never give an ETA, know why? Cause computers are enigmas.. TRIBBLE breaks for no reason and sorting through hardware/software can sometimes be the most confounding and frustrating roaring pain in the A&& in the world, and if you tell someone "We should have it back up in an hour", and you don't .. they will only complain that much more. There for we get the ever omnipresent SOON™.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Good good give into your hatred. Let your anger flow through you.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Then like me, you should leave this particular board now. You clearly want to just draw more attention to yourself by belittling others.

Good job not trolling though.
  • Options
    moofrymoofry Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kadams wrote: »
    Yes, quite.

Considering how quickly Cryptic came up with STO after Perpetual lost the bid, I'm really surprised STO is so stable.

With a major expansion coming, especially since this expansion does so many things - R&D, new factions, a bunch of STFs, more - this is to be expected. STO is not run by magical, evil goblins who decide "HRRM I THINK I WILL TAKE THE SERVER DOWN TO SPITE <insert player name here>. MUAHAHAHAHAHA. AND THEN, THE WORLD WILL BE MIIIIINE!" and they go off to twirl their perfectly quaffed mustaches.

They're probably scrambling and swearing and sweating to get STO back up as quickly as possible... because downtime is bad, for obvious reasons. Cut 'em a friggin' break. Go outside. Read a book. Flirt with a male/female (whichever applies to your preferred sexual preferences). Do something more productive than whining "butbutbut I wanna play STO RITE NOW" on the forums.

Accept "okay, my MMO of choice is down". Yes, that sucks. Boo freakin' hoo.

I agree with ya 100%! And glad to see someone not walking on eggshells to put the point across.
    This feels like STO sometimes lol
  • Options
    garycoleman89garycoleman89 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Geam is Ded