test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Holodeck Login Issues (9/27) [Resolved]

Comments

• oosgearoo007oosgearoo007 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I dont understand why people dont get this.
    Holodecks up
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I dont understand why people dont get this.

Actually we do. We understand clusters and fault tolerance and error handling and transaction logs, etc.
  • index1985index1985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Holodeck Login Issues (9/27) [Resolved] JOKE :D:rolleyes:

still cant LOG IN

pwlaughingtrendy
    look at your messages
    and answer please if that is not too much to ask
    You have been blocked from following this account at the request of the user.
    so this is the way how cryptic is treating players
    and by threating them with ban even permanent one
    if they dont shup up
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am certain that if while doing insurance claims, if the system nose dives on me, the customer is not going to understand, "Sorry. Your claim has been lost and you won't be getting any disbursement because I have no record you ever filed a claim. Sorry about your car. Just to back to work and grind a new one."

EDIT: In fact, nevermind. Because a game company is exempt from normal rules of customer service. Worked for pixels are just a loss of time. Unlike if your time card for one day is lost. That's a different kind of worked for time. Right?
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Lost all progress from about an hour before the server went down, including all R&D projects that I've started, as well as a Fleet project that was filled completely, yet which is now nowhere to be seen.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    few hours later:
    "we aint found ****"

Here ya go:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3iFJpGJiug

"Darth" Geko trying to fix the problem:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSv2yPNryY0
  • bjchiemarabjchiemara Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have been here since open beta.

I have seen many downtimes, but one thing is sure that the downtimes were few and minimal.

If you have never worked in IT or on networks in general or with server software or in game development at all, then keep your complaints to yourselves.

One day of downtime isn't anything to be complaining about, yes it sucks but it is not like they will let the server be down.

Hardware problems can be tough to diagnose and sometimes fix, especially if the hardware is something you don't have readily on hand because it's expensive and not justified to keep more than one in house because it doesn't "normally" go bad and these things happen so ordering one or configuring a work around takes time.

Tracking down software problems can be just as time consuming. If you never programmed, try looking through an encyclopedia for a single typo. That's pretty much what it's like to find a problem in code.

I've paid nearly $2000 into this game so I don't think most of you should be complaining.

Sit back, and be patient or go find something else to do until they solve the issue. Complaining on here just shows what a truly ungrateful person you are and your lack of appreciation this game even exists for you to play.

Watch this - Flaunting danger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtmbzJNPsaQ&index=26&list=PLD2A8DDA179A97CBC
  • pumpkinjawpumpkinjaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Lost all progress from about an hour before the server went down, including all R&D projects that I've started, as well as a Fleet project that was filled completely, yet which is now nowhere to be seen.

Have the same issue. Lost a ship I just received for leveling up!
  • jeromefredricksjeromefredricks Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lost 123,000+ dilithium after exchanging 800 zen and missing 1 master key from inventory after downtime :(
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If my math is bad, someone please correct me:

8766 hours in a year

99% uptime means crashed for ~87 hours per year.

I think we're down for more than 9 hours a year (so less reliable than 99.9%) but not 88 hours a year (so better than 99% uptime).
    edited September 2014
    If my math is bad, someone please correct me:

8766 hours in a year

99% uptime means crashed for ~87 hours per year.

I think we're down for more than 9 hours a year (so less reliable than 99.9%) but not 88 hours a year (so better than 99% uptime).

They're down for more than nine hours each month.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bjchiemara wrote: »

I've paid nearly $2000 into this game so I don't think most of you should be complaining.

What, the game is pay to whine now?

And there have been many outages while I;ve been playing STO.

First time, I can recall, there's been a rollback.

Thats an issue that needs acknowledging.....
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    What, the game is pay to whine now?

And there have been many outages while I;ve been playing STO.

First time, I can recall, there's been a rollback.

Thats an issue that needs acknowledging.....

Was there ever acknowledgement about the rollback? I lost a good chunk of work and refined dilithium as well as the unrefined I earned in the time before the crash. I also lost all the marks and crafting I had done. I played a good while down on Dyson ground before I tried to change maps and got disconnected. I would guess by the amount I lost that I was playing in a ghost realm of nothing being saved rather than having been kicked off. It would have been nice to see at least a mention of it.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • fengerfenger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So I just tried to beam up to my ship from earth spacedock, and got a timeout while connecting to account server. Before I did that I noticed some odd behavior by the game client, and I had a feeling that something was wrong with the system. I was not able to equip or unequip gear on my BOFF right before this happened.

Been trying to login for 15 minutes now, still cant get in. I had no idea the state of this game was so unstable and the support so poor. I would not have come back had I known that I would not be able to play whenever I wanted to, or have to deal with roll backs due to server crashes. I expect this during a games launch, not 5 years into the game.
    edited September 2014
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    Was there ever acknowledgement about the rollback? I lost a good chunk of work and refined dilithium as well as the unrefined I earned in the time before the crash. I also lost all the marks and crafting I had done. I played a good while down on Dyson ground before I tried to change maps and got disconnected. I would guess by the amount I lost that I was playing in a ghost realm of nothing being saved rather than having been kicked off. It would have been nice to see at least a mention of it.

Not that I've seen.
  • gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    same here.. but what do I know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
  • gammadelta2gammadelta2 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Resolved? Really?

Unless I'm doing something wrong logging into the game the same way I've logged in since launch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • squyffsquyff Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    got in yesterday evening fine got unable to authenticate just now tried several times server status is up any thoughts?
  • chaosuk83chaosuk83 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    squyff wrote: »
    got in yesterday evening fine got unable to authenticate just now tried several times server status is up any thoughts?
    same here, thought they sorted tht yesterday, but apparently not!
  • tullinjrtullinjr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i can't even log in to the launcher at all. says its "unable to authenticate" when i am trying to log into the launcher. is there still problems with the login?
  • douglas1366douglas1366 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Seems i'm not able to log in, Unable to Authenticate. Changed my pass with no change in log in ability, good luck out there folks.
  • thehatuthehatu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I can not get the patcher to authenticate either today. It played just fine over the weekend but not working today.
  • realmysticgrealmysticg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Holodeck is now back online! Welcome back, Captains!
    Might be back online but still not logging in :(
  • archerfanaticarcherfanatic Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    down again. big surprise. and this after the upgrade system didn't even work all the way. ( sci consoles, rommie torp, borg deflector but not engines)

added in borg
  • deutchcraftdeutchcraft Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not saying we are entitled to anything for this service issue, but we could go for a free ship, or a tribble or something for being patient through this.
    I play the game regularily, today I got a "Unable to authenticate" as a result of my login. I shall await the fix as patiently as humanly possible..
  • sovakofvulcansovakofvulcan Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same here....
    Admiral Jisil T'ror
    Admiral Sovak
    “Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers...”
  • darkwilow13darkwilow13 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just get the error message:

Unable to authenticate:

No more details than that. Are the servers down again today?
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tullinjr wrote: »
    i can't even log in to the launcher at all. says its "unable to authenticate" when i am trying to log into the launcher. is there still problems with the login?

did you try clearing your DNS cache?
  • slutukslutuk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    failure to authenticate seems to be a regular issue with your game.
  • k1ll3r446k1ll3r446 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    anyone know a ETA for the server to be back online or is this a sit and wait thing