test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will Lifetime Members get a free T6 Ship per character?

123457»

Comments

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What? YOU are saying the only reason to purchase a LTS is for the ship. IM saying that's ridiculous.

I never said that at all, all I am saying is that's not an incentive, a actual T6 ship fleet or otherwise would be an incentive, raising the stipend would be an incentive, unlimited free ship slots would be an incentive, the ability to purchase a fleet T6 version of the vet ships is not an incentive.
    not when you can just as easily stay FTP and get one of the other T6 fleet ships that will come out.
    even the Mugato Companion pet was more of an incentive then that would be.
    in fact every single subscription reward there is now is more of an incentive, even the title career officer.

I am just wondering how well LTS would sell if instead of giving you all these rewards all they give you was the ability to buy these rewards.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    vestereng wrote: »
    Considering the amount of free ships given away for free with LoR, that were free and didn't cost anything because they were free

This isn't just a completely reasonable idea but also brings up the question of how everyone on the forum seems to have socially conditioned amneisa.

If it's something negative about the game or the developement, it doesn't exist !!!11

Yeah, I've noticed. TRIBBLE like that is probably why Cryptic still has income. (That, and players who don't really care what Cryptic does and just "goes with the flow" like the good little sheep they are.)

I find it hilarious they think people are dumb enough to rebuy all the stuff they already bought, without developers adding a single animation or the slightest amount of work to it.
    Haha... I find it even more hilarous that people WILL.

I still use borg weapons from before reputation systems eSTF drops.

Repuation system makes me laugh, so does crafting but upgrading takes the cake no doubt.

Of course I could be totally wrong and something in expansion 2 is going to have the same value of the 8 free ships from LoR, the free outfits, playable races and entirely new ship animations given away for free...

but I doubt it

Um, no... Unless you count the story content...
  • rachel1018rachel1018 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    every tier did not get a free ship, you never got a free one at lv50 plus you could not choose any ship you only had a few you could choose from, also that wasn't just for subscribers but all players.

Level 40 and Level 50 both fly Tier 5. In fact those of us playing the game BEFORE f2p did get a choice of a free retrofit token at level 50 which would unlock Defiant, Galaxy, or Intrepid retrofits on a single character, but it was essentially a 2nd Tier 5 ship. The tokens became a subscriber award instead shortly before the f2p conversion.
    LoR was totally different, for a start it was a new faction so free ships had to be given to bring it in line with other factions, secondly you only got the ships if you created a romulan character, there were many players who never played roms and never got the ships or any of the romulan content or uniforms.

Yes, but LoR also continued a trend since the beginning of the game: with each new Tier we received 1 free ship. Personally I don't think LTS should get a new ship so much as each faction should have 1 free ship of each career focus made available as it was for Tiers 2-5. I'd even settle for that ship being a free Tier 5U upgrade per character, but as it stands right now Cryptic has locked endgame behind a pay wall by requiring we fly a T5U or T6 ship just to enter the queue.
  • borisvodikaborisvodika Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You mean enter A queue. Missions, normal and advanced queues are still developed around lvl 50 and t5 ships. A very very very VERY small portion of the entire game may or may not need T5u or t6 according to the guys on tribble. Most say t5 is more than fine. Cryptic has locked nothing out.
  • whiterookwhiterook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As a LTS I have received my monies worth, and more I think I can truly say.

If I don't get a new ship with the expansion - not going to cry over it.

Hey everyone likes to get free stuff, and I would rather see "everyone" get something - than it just being an elite club getting the perks.

Oh - darn'it, I most likely just caused someone to blow a gasket with that last statement, oh well Star Dates go on........ ;)
  • ironeagledefenseironeagledefense Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the new grindfest looks like nothing more than a scam.........PWE is just scamming us alll
    edited September 2014
    rachel1018 wrote: »
    Yes, but LoR also continued a trend since the beginning of the game: with each new Tier we received 1 free ship. Personally I don't think LTS should get a new ship so much as each faction should have 1 free ship of each career focus made available as it was for Tiers 2-5. I'd even settle for that ship being a free Tier 5U upgrade per character, but as it stands right now Cryptic has locked endgame behind a pay wall by requiring we fly a T5U or T6 ship just to enter the queue.

the thing is most players have already got at least one ship from the summer/winter events that will get a free T5u upgrade.
    if perchance they are a fairly new players and havent got one yet or old players who were silly enough not to get or keep them there is bound to be a T5 ship that will upgrade for free in the next winter event, it may even come already with T5u status but either way they will not have to wait long to get one.

so if they are locked out it will only be for a couple of months and they will only be locked out of the new elite mode stuff anyway, i cant see what the problem is.

in fact it says in the article -
    You need to be level 60 before you even can attempt any Elite mode queued events. You will also want some top-end gear, and for space, the best possible ship.

it does not say you have to be level 60 and it does not say you have to use a T5u or T6 ship these are only suggested as recomendations.
    the only lockout i can see is where it says - endgame events have a minimum level requirement of 50.

as a lifetime player i would still recomend the lifetime package as it stands especially if you can get it in a sale, the rewards that are there now is more then enough incentive to buy the package before you even factor in the monthly stipend, if cryptic choose to add any extras thats fine by me but i dont expect or require anything.

edited September 2014
    the new grindfest looks like nothing more than a scam.........PWE is just scamming us alll
    It's a "scam" that has been making gaming companies hundreds of millions of dollars for years so who is really to blame? The companies that discovered grindfests makes tons of money, or the players/customers that gave the companies tons of money so they can spend hours grinding away, frequently multi-boxing so they can grind more efficiently.

theres no scam at all, they are just offering you a choice.
    if you use the crafting system that is your choice to do so.
    and if you are not happy to use all the mk 13 & mk 14 gear that will drop in game and would rather waste your money upgrading gear that will be no better that is also your choice to do so.

anyway, your posting in the wrong thread, we are talking about T6 ships for lifers here.

edited September 2014
    Which is why I put the word "scam" in " "'s. ;)

the joke is if they had not put in this upgrade system players would be screaming that they wanted to upgrade their weapons ect. and offering shed loads of money to do so.
    but because they put the upgrade system in suddenly they are all scaming us?.

i can just imagine the guys at cryptic saying "aaaaargh we just cant win here!".

• starbase1114starbase1114 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Lifetime members get 500 free Zen a month that ought to add up to a free T6 ship after, oh, six months or so.

THIS IS TRIBBLE I THINK I'VE GOT IT LIKE THREE TIMES TOTAL SO DON'T GO THERE YOU'LL MAKE ME MAD AND YOU WONT LIKE ME WHEN I'M MAD!:mad:

I'VE BEEN HERE SINCE BETA AND GOLD MEMBERS SHOULD GET MORE FREEBIES AFTER ALL THE FREE ACCOUNTS ARE NOT KEEPING THE GAME ALIVE AND A PAYCHECK IN THERE HANDS!
  • apsciliaraapsciliara Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    THIS IS TRIBBLE I THINK I'VE GOT IT LIKE THREE TIMES TOTAL SO DON'T GO THERE YOU'LL MAKE ME MAD AND YOU WONT LIKE ME WHEN I'M MAD!:mad:

I'VE BEEN HERE SINCE BETA AND GOLD MEMBERS SHOULD GET MORE FREEBIES AFTER ALL THE FREE ACCOUNTS ARE NOT KEEPING THE GAME ALIVE AND A PAYCHECK IN THERE HANDS!

... are you okay? Do you need to lie down, have some water?
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Stipends are coming up on their 3rd year: the first one was released in December of 2011. Assuming you were actually a Gold member all that time I find it hard to believe that you have only gotten 3 Stipends out of 33. Based on your nerd rage here I cannot see you accepting 3 over 33 months.
    There are Silver members who spend hundreds of dollars a month on Keys and other items. The whales are the ones keeping the game alive; whether they are Silver or Gold.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited September 2014

thats 'angry' old boy "you wont like me when im angry." is what the increadable hulk says, or i should say Dr Banner says it before he becomes the hulk.

but you still aint gettin anything.... feel free to hulk out now.

edited September 2014
    After nearly 5 years of dealing with the STO forums they should be used to being treated this way. :rolleyes:

five years ay, thats quite a time in gaming terms isnt it.
    and i am proud to say that i have been here for 3 of them, the best 3 might i add from what i have heard.
    and it seems to me with the level of support we have been getting lately the game is going from strength to strength.
    overall i think cryptic has done us proud, sure not everything they do i agree with and i will tell them so in no uncertain terms but overall i am very happy with the way the game is shaping up.

edited September 2014
    Bull. Your account shows you've been an active subscriber for 4 years 8 months and 7 days, and stipends have been given out each month since 2012.

Yet in all that time you have NEVER once complained about not getting your stipend each month. You didn't even complain last year when people didn't get stipends until August because Cryptic screwed up and supposedly overpaid some stipends earlier in the year.

Furthermore your post history shows that you are always complaining about something so the idea that this would be the first time you chose to complain about missing 30 stipends is laughable.

You've made it crystal clear that you're not the type of person that internalizes his anger.

If subscribers and lifers were paying the bills the game wouldn't have been forced to go F2P in the first place.

Cryptic would be deliriously happy to get an additional $15 bucks per month from all the players on top of the millions they make off of micro-transactions.

indeed, never knock the FTP'ers they are just as important to the walfare of the game as subbers.
    many FTP'ers buy stuff of the C-store with money they have paid in themselfs, and even if they have got their zen from the dil exchange they are still helping to bring money into the game by providing the dilithium for people to buy with real money they have paid in.
    besides wich, STO is quite a social game and it would be a lot more lonely if the FTP'ers wernt here to help make up the numbers.