test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ban all tier 1 and tier 2 ships from fleet alerts, blockade, and base defense

knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
It's time to do what's right cryptic and that means banning all noobs in t1 mirandas and constitutions as well as t2 constitutions from participation in fleet alerts, fleet blockade, or fleet starbase defense. I'm tired of losing or even coming close to losing because a bunch of trolls or idiots or possibly both clog up my team with these ships that contribute next to the nothing. Yup, no offense to connie fans out there but these ships don't belong in queued fleet events.
aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
Post edited by knuhteb5 on

Comments

• Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    EDIT: NVM. I misread that and thought this was about low tier ships in STFs. Fleet events? Sorry, I'm bowing out of this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Offense totally taken...

These fleet level events are open to ALL levels of captains, not just endgame. Thus, sometimes all a player has available to enter these events ARE T1 and T2 ships...

Everyone has a starting point. And sometimes that starting points means getting into queues early so you can start grinding up levels and earning fleet marks.

Also, everyone is bumped up to endgame levels hitpoints and damage. So they are more than capable of contributing.

If you don't like noobs cluttering up your PUGs. you can either not PUG by using public channels, and or fleets to round up members for an event, or you can pause and TEACH these nuggets how to play the game, so there will be less noobs in the system.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kyeto13 wrote: »
    Offense totally taken...

If you took offense to his response, you sire are a tool.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Shall we ban everything that is annoying to any random person?

Some people only favor RP heavy gameplay. Running disruptors on my Federation ship breaks their immersion in a PUG, therefore it should be banned. And on and on.

Point of fact, you assume the risk of being trolled every time you queue up for a PUG.
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    It's time to do what's right cryptic and that means banning all noobs in t1 mirandas and constitutions as well as t2 constitutions from participation in fleet alerts, fleet blockade, or fleet starbase defense. I'm tired of losing or even coming close to losing because a bunch of trolls or idiots or possibly both clog up my team with these ships that contribute next to the nothing. Yup, no offense to connie fans out there but these ships don't belong in queued fleet events.

And I'm sure there is someone out there annoyed it takes longer than 3 minutes to complete an ISE with PuGs.

Learn. To. Carry. If your going to act like an elitist at least perform like one. Two of those can be done solo. The other can get half credit solo.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    fatman592 wrote: »

Some people only favor RP heavy gameplay. Running disruptors on my Federation ship breaks their immersion in a PUG, therefore it should be banned. And on and on.

Point of fact, you assume the risk of being trolled every time you queue up for a PUG.

Weren't tuffli's allowed in STF's for a while but then Cryptic banned them eventually? The same logic is applied to t1 and t2 ships in level 50 + endgame content like fleet alerts.

That's a strawman argument if I ever saw one. Ships with 3 weapon hard points don't belong in endgame qued events which is why Cryptic banned freighters from STF's long ago.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Or even enter any public area of the game.

This is a mmo and people need to tailor their expectations accordingly. Everyone plays they way they like to play and at some point someone is going to do something you don't like. If you are not prepared to accept that, then go play mass effect or something.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Or even enter any public area of the game.

This is a mmo and people need to tailor their expectations accordingly. Everyone plays they way they like to play and at some point someone is going to do something you don't like. If you are not prepared to accept that, then go play mass effect or something.

Again, why were freighters banned from stf's?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Weren't tuffli's allowed in STF's for a while but then Cryptic banned them eventually?

Tuffli's are banned from stf's? I genuinely didn't know that.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I would assume because they are designated as non-combat ships. T 1-2 ships are not.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    OP, you should take a break. You are getting way too angry over ships in a mission that is open to ALL levels.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    shaitan100shaitan100 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    do what i do when the team sux. leave or park it in a safe place and wait. if "they" have the right to enter the que knowing full well they dont have the gear to help, "I" have the right not to carry these lowbies to a win.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, this is right up there with the "open-world PVP thing" in the "hell to the no, go away" category. Those missions are open to players of all levels for a reason.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Tuffli's are banned from stf's? I genuinely didn't know that.

Yup, I've tried queuing up for them in my tuffli. They're all red for me which means I can't queue up for them. Again, this is just asking Cryptic to prohibit t1 and t2 ships as well which is exactly the same reasoning behind banning freighters. If you aren't going to ban t1 or t2 ships, then we should be able to fly freighters in stf's as well.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    shaitan100 wrote: »
    do what i do when the team sux. leave or park it in a safe place and wait. if "they" have the right to enter the que knowing full well they dont have the gear to help, "I" have the right not to carry these lowbies to a win.

In a game where there is video evidence (on youtube) that a tier 1 connie can pull it's weight in an ESTF, I don't think that is a fair statement.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    kyeto13 wrote: »
    Everyone has a starting point. And sometimes that starting points means getting into queues early so you can start grinding up levels and earning fleet marks.

Yeah, but it sucks getting Undine in FA and failing because you ended up teamed with a couple of noobs in Mirandas that can't handle NPCs like those.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited August 2014

This isn't about STFs, according to your original post. STFs are not open to lower level players.

Fleet Alerts, Borg Sector Alerts, Blockade, Base Defense, etc. ARE open to lower level players.

These instances are not just for higher level players to grind marks, loot (EC), and dil. And lower level players are going to be using lower level vessels.

So, no. Your idea is not a good one. It's not what Cryptic intended for these instances.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm gonna fly a Miranda in fleet alerts and blockade from now on. And I hope I'm teamed up with OP every time. >:3
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Yeah, this is right up there with the "open-world PVP thing" in the "hell to the no, go away" category. Those missions are open to players of all levels for a reason.

Then freighters should also be able to do them.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    This isn't about STFs, according to your original post. STFs are not open to lower level players.

Fleet Alerts, Borg Sector Alerts, Blockade, Base Defense, etc. ARE open to lower level players.

These instances are not just for higher level players to grind marks, loot (EC), and dil. And lower level players are going to be using lower level vessels.

So, no. Your idea is not a good one. It's not what Cryptic intended for these instances.

Nevermind, you're right. Tuffli's can do fleet events! HAHAHAH OMG! Ok, I guess I have a right to fly whatever I want...
    orangeitis wrote: »
    I'm gonna fly a Miranda in fleet alerts and blockade from now on. And I hope I'm teamed up with OP every time. >:3

If I ever see you do that, you're going directly on to my ignore list.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    . If you aren't going to ban t1 or t2 ships, then we should be able to fly freighters in stf's as well.

Well no, tier 2 and 2 ships are combat ships, freighters aren't. So your logic doesn't really follow.

Either way your original post was about fleet alerts which are meant for all lvl players, so that's not really relevant anyway.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Well no, tier 2 and 2 ships are combat ships, freighters aren't. So your logic doesn't really follow.

Either way your original post was about fleet alerts which are meant for all lvl players, so that's not really relevant anyway.

Yup, I admitted as much in my last post, and I stand corrected. Freighters can do fleet alerts but they shouldn't be able to. Neither should mirandas or constitutions because pug groups tend to lose when such low level ships participate.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Agreed with starsword. The mentioned Queued missions are open to all levels, not just endgame.

Also... I accidentally took my T2 Connie into an ISE with a full fleet group. I kinda panicked because I had forgotten about taking her out for a spin around sector space. The guys didn't mind, and actually laughed when I never even got looked at. And I was fighting too.

Thinking of doing it again sometime after refining the Connie's gear a bit, as long as its with the guys and not a PUG. Makes for a good laugh.

BTW... my Connie did have some endgame level gear on her for storage.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited August 2014

If I ever see you do that, you're going directly on to my ignore list.

That won't stop you from being teamed with him again.;)

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Agreed with starsword. The mentioned Queued missions are open to all levels, not just endgame.

Also... I accidentally took my T2 Connie into an ISE with a full fleet group. I kinda panicked because I had forgotten about taking her out for a spin around sector space. The guys didn't mind, and actually laughed when I never even got looked at. And I was fighting too.

Thinking of doing it again sometime after refining the Connie's gear a bit, as long as its with the guys and not a PUG. Makes for a good laugh.

The big problem I've encountered in fleet alerts especially is two or three mirandas/constitutions at once. If it were just one, I would probably let it slide.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yup, I've tried queuing up for them in my tuffli. They're all red for me which means I can't queue up for them. Again, this is just asking Cryptic to prohibit t1 and t2 ships as well which is exactly the same reasoning behind banning freighters. If you aren't going to ban t1 or t2 ships, then we should be able to fly freighters in stf's as well.

I have absolutely no problem with level 6 players in their tier 1 ships joining my level 50s in those queues. I simply blow up the enemy ships and get the reward anyway.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The big problem I've encountered in fleet alerts especially is two or three mirandas/constitutions at once. If it were just one, I would probably let it slide.

If you can't carry three Mirandas in an endgame ship by yourself in Fleet Alert (i.e. with the other guy having gotten DC'd or something), I suggest that the problem doesn't lie with the Mirandas.

Fix your build, learn to fly, and quit whining.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Weren't tuffli's allowed in STF's for a while but then Cryptic banned them eventually? The same logic is applied to t1 and t2 ships in level 50 + endgame content like fleet alerts.

There are ppl in Mirandas doing more DPS than you ever will in your shiniest T6 ships. As always, it's the pilot that matters.

And these Fleet events are so ridiculously easy to begin with, who cares!?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    If you can't carry three Mirandas in an endgame ship by yourself in Fleet Alert (i.e. with the other guy having gotten DC'd or something), I suggest that the problem doesn't lie with the Mirandas.

Fix your build, learn to fly, and quit whining.

Are you serious? Am I magically just supposed to have enough money to have an Aux to bat build? Pull your you know what out of your impulse engines please. I shouldn't be expected to be able to win with 3 freaking mirandas on my team. If that's the attitude you and the other noob captains are going to take, then I'm just going to warp out whenever this happens. End of story. Have fun in your mirandas guys! RP ftw!!!

Because using your logic, the other guys should be expected to be able to solo it as well, right? As you say, "fix your miranda build, learn to fly, and quit whining?"
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif