test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comments

• Options
    lordprotiuslordprotius Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    After multiple attempts and trying both steam and arc I finally managed to get the updater to work and get to the launcher via the steam connection.

Then the patch checker sat there for a few minutes but finally allowed me to engage... clicked the button and voila I was in the game!!!

It appears it might be a bottle neck of network traffic connecting to the updater, or could just be something went screwy when they tried to add something to it.
    #Aux2batman Lives!!

• Options
    lorne12lorne12 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    madeyejude wrote: »
    Germany cant connect also...

...I've also the same problem. Also Germany.
    You read an lorne12™ post

bZVIEMl.jpg
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    a group known as lizard squad are doing DDoS attacks on various mmos this last week...they had blizzard and PSN down a few hours this morning... danged script kiddies..this might be why

Yeah, for real. Hope the culprits are found, and punished by exit through the nearest airlock or penal colony...

But whatever the case might be, I still need my daily STO dose, or terrible things will happen. :D
  • Options
    snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    Same problem here in Australia.

Can't connect to patch server
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited August 2014
    Finally got the log-in screen. Logged in. Currently "connecting", but haven't gotten to the CRYPTIC screen yet.
  • Options
    chewtobaccochewtobacco Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Considering that some people can at least get response from the servers, I'd say this might (probably) is software or hardware related inhouse with cryptic...

Guess it's twitter time.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    gagocashgagocash Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/85951/blizzard-playstation-network-and-more-under-wide-ddos-attacka group known as lizard squad are doing DDoS attacks on various mmos this last week...they had blizzard and PSN down a few hours this morning... danged script kiddies..this might be why
    Did someone forgot to pay the protection money for this month? lol
    M.A.C.O. ELITE COMMANDER & KIRK'S PROTEGE
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    merge em all.

Wish I had that power, but hopefully a mod will catch my post and do so.

Have also tweeted @trekonlinegame and Matt Miller (who may presumably know who to call).
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014

if it were a ddos attack, i would imagine the cm team would of sent a message out about it and advising you change your details as soon as possible and those responsible for the attack would be dealt with by the law.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Considering that some people can at least get response from the servers, I'd say this might (probably) is software or hardware related inhouse with cryptic...

Guess it's twitter time.

I've already tweeted @trekonlinegame about the issue, pointed them to this thread and the three others I turned up.
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Finally got the launcher up, now "connecting"...

Seems there is some progress to be had, but something is still not as it should be...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    if it were a ddos attack, i would imagine the cm team would of sent a message out about it and advising you change your details as soon as possible and those responsible for the attack would be dealt with by the law.

There was also a quake in the SF area this morning. Might have knocked some servers offline.
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png
  • Options
    rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Stuck on "Connecting..." here as well - from the Indian Ocean region, FWIW.

Interestingly, I can PING the address "patchserver.crypticstudios.com" without issue, so it seems isolated to the game client and whatever it's expecting as a response from the server, etc.

RCK
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    just trying the autoupdate again. it is still showing the same thing. i havent done my CCE runs yet and was planning on doing it a little later anyway. im sure the team will have it solved.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    qqqqii wrote: »
    There was also a quake in the SF area this morning. Might have knocked some servers offline.

i made mention of that on another thread about an indycar weekend at sonoma.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,420 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If it is a DDOS attack i hope they'll extend the CE event for a day (or two depending on how long it'll go on)
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lyran2 wrote: »
    So

In the last half hour I was trying to enter my starbase when everything just "hung up" and quit responding. I closed the program and tried to restart. Arc stayed open, but when I hit "play" I get a message that the Cryptic Launcher is trying to update but can't connect to the server.

I'm wondering if the inability to connect is in any way connected to the 6.0 Earthquake that hit in Northern California.

--I wouldnt doubt it, 6.0 is enough to level a building... it'll surely knock out some Power & the Lines attached to them. Hope the Staff is okay, on that note. Not sure where the main office is stationed.

-V
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    just trying the autoupdate again. it is still showing the same thing. i havent done my CCE runs yet and was planning on doing it a little later anyway. im sure the team will have it solved.

--If its even up to them. They surely arent the Powers That Be. If God or Mother Earth says, Imma krack and break the earth beneath you up; its not much one kan do. It'll really be on Emergency Teams, like Power & Gas units. Though Im not 100% sure their Office/Servers are stationed in So Cal. But all their Public Events are in the West, so

-V
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    vnexus wrote: »
    --If its even up to them. They surely arent the Powers That Be. If God or Mother Earth says, Imma krack and break the earth beneath you up; its not much one kan do. It'll really be on Emergency Teams, like Power & Gas units. Though Im not 100% sure their Office/Servers are stationed in So Cal. But all their Public Events are in the West, so

-V

los gatos is sort of south-southwest of san jose on the outskirts.
  • Options
    lex1conlex1con Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Neverwinter logon is the same
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    lex1con wrote: »
    The Neverwinter logon is the same

i would also suggest the same is true for CO, that also runs off the same autopatching launcher.
  • Options
    majorone1majorone1 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Seeing the problem is so wide spread I am surprised there has nor been an update to Facebook page or here from Cryptic
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I live in california and my question is....there was an earthquake in california? :confused:

or should i say another one?

6.0 is hardly enough to take notice of let alone wet your pants :D

anyways no issues on my end :)
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yaaay i got in finally!

i think californians dont really care about earthquakes, and they arent really disrupted by them the way others may expect.
    back in 97 i moved to los angeles for the year. my first week there was an earthquake one night strong enough to have my apartment building shaking, creaking, and feeling like it was about to fall apart around me. animals were going berko and i thought i might die!
    the next day at work nobody even mentioned that quake. it was as if it was so uneventful to them it didnt even merit discussion. when i brought it up their response was 'meh'.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    majorone1 wrote: »
    Seeing the problem is so wide spread I am surprised there has nor been an update to Facebook page or here from Cryptic

if i were in their position, i would rather focus internally on sorting out the issue then play window dressing.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There's server wide lag in DCUO right now and every one is complaining. This feels more like an attack rather than from the earth quake. I'm sure they felt it at cryptic, if anyone was there at that time. The rock density and high water table in that area is great for seismic waves, and a 6.0 is quite big, but they're a bit of a drive to the epicenter.
  • Options
    lex1conlex1con Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Still no connection in the UK :mad::mad::mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    yaaay i got in finally!

i think californians dont really care about earthquakes, and they arent really disrupted by them the way others may expect.
    back in 97 i moved to los angeles for the year. my first week there was an earthquake one night strong enough to have my apartment building shaking, creaking, and feeling like it was about to fall apart around me. animals were going berko and i thought i might die!
    the next day at work nobody even mentioned that quake. it was as if it was so uneventful to them it didnt even merit discussion. when i brought it up their response was 'meh'.

--This made my day XD you're probably right. They might hate the fires more then the quakes. What a nervous area to live. Allot famous people there too and places. It'll be gone one day T_T, Till then.. its the Gangsta Party Area :)
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yaaay i got in finally!

Well, one can't actually die from an earthquake. One dies from things falling on them, so if you're in a safe place where nothing will fall on you, there's nothing to be afraid of.

Also there was an earthquake in 97? It must have been small because I don't remember lol

EDIT: it also depends on where your at for the earth quake. Raised foundations and upper floors in an apartment shake a lot more than just being on the ground. The last earthquake I had a few months a go, I was outside checking the gas line for a leak after an earthquake and we had an aftershock. My wife inside felt the whole thing but outside I felt nothing.