124»

Comments

• lex1conlex1con Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    im in im in :D:D:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wonvertuwonvertu Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Still nothing in the Midwest. Five ticks and dead still.
  • kaltadorkaltador Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hope they fix this soon .. no connection in Netherlands either
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    HUZZAH HUZZAH HUZZAH (in case you couldnt tell im in)
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I managed to login, I'm in Chicago, Illinois. Just sit and be patient.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    if it were a ddos attack, i would imagine the cm team would of sent a message out about it and advising you change your details as soon as possible and those responsible for the attack would be dealt with by the law.
    ddos attacks are not hack attempts. DDos is just to knock things offline, if they TRIBBLE at the same time that's a different story.
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    There's server wide lag in DCUO right now and every one is complaining. This feels more like an attack rather than from the earth quake. I'm sure they felt it at cryptic, if anyone was there at that time. The rock density and high water table in that area is great for seismic waves, and a 6.0 is quite big, but they're a bit of a drive to the epicenter.
    Sony is experiencing a massive ddos attack atm which is probably playing havoc with their entire network.

And no, their login systems for cryptic games is based in boston, on the east coast.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• madeyejudemadeyejude Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • quadraxis666quadraxis666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not arc thats the problem, I load STO through steam and exact same issue. we must find and vanquish the beefy problem of doom and stuff
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    askray wrote: »
    ddos attacks are not hack attempts. DDos is just to knock things offline, if they TRIBBLE at the same time that's a different story.

Sony is experiencing a massive ddos attack atm which is probably playing havoc with their entire network.

And no, their login systems for cryptic games is based in boston, on the east coast.

Ah, see, you learn something new everyday :)
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    just finished watching the last btcc race of the weekend, still can not gain any access atm. coming to 6pm and a typical 10+ toon CCE run takes about an hour and a half give or take death count, bad dps team and such.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    Ah, see, you learn something new everyday :)

Yea....

To those who don't understand what the difference is, here it goes in human understandable terms:

DDoS: Distributed Denial-of-Service, or generally just Denial of Service

Imagine you work in a small town, that for whatever reason has 6 lanes of highway going to your job.
    Normally, you have a pretty easy time getting to work, even when there is heavy traffic, because there are plenty of lanes to chose from... Sure you might get slight delays every now and then, but it clears up pretty fast.

Now one day, you are stopped by a massive traffic jam cause by road-ragers who all decided to have themselves, their family and freinds go into town at the same time as you have to get to work... The roads are pretty much clogged up, and you aren't getting no where.

Now either the police (network-admins) find a way to clear to road up, but stopping the cars by the road-ragers slamming them into a lane for themselves, or the ragers just get bored and leave.

That's the most common type of DDoS... Simply spamming the line to the servers, that can be resolved by blocking out the IP's or simply waiting for the DDoS to be over.
    The only real damage is usually economic and in rare instances hardware failiure (when the affected systems ususally havn't been maintained.

Hacking

Hacking is something entirely different. Especially if it's the "black-hat" variant (white hats usually use their skills to help companies improve their security and expose weaknesses)

Imagine a burglar breaking into your house... He might sniff around your drawers, find some money, maybe some jewelery to sell... He takes your TV and gaming consoles or worse: Your PC.

Or maybe he finds your personal papers, writes down your info and uses it for identity theft... He might even take your extra key, so he can get in again without leaving a trace.

Or he breaks into a banks office and steals information on their customers and their accounts (yea yea yea... digital age and all.. Imagine we are in 1980).

This is one of the more severe cases... The thief in essense has done damage that isn't immediately detectable, but right here and now, theres repairs and clean up... Then later, people start losing their identity, their money... heck, theres been cases where people have seen thieves like this sell off cars and houses.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • danaleedanalee Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Woke up today to find the issue above in logging in.

As for the "Earthquake" I actually live in the South Bay. Felt nothing. Was mainly focused North of us a good way.

100% guaranteed the quake has nothing to do with it.
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nope, no login here in the uk.

Can't reach the patch server :/
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Have you guys tried the "Outside" Server?!?!?

It almost always has no wait, and the graphics are superb. There's also next to no grind. At all!
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2014

It almost always has no wait, and the graphics are superb. There's also next to no grind. At all!

The Gameplay sucks though, and saying theres no grind to progress in that game... thats just a plain lie... it's called W.O.R.K.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • bullittgtbullittgt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014

1. Yes, there are wait times. Plenty of different queues!
    2. I agree, the graphics are HD! :)
    3. There is a grind unless you are a trust fund baby
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Yea....

To those who don't understand what the difference is, here it goes in human understandable terms:

DDoS: Distributed Denial-of-Service, or generally just Denial of Service

Imagine you work in a small town, that for whatever reason has 6 lanes of highway going to your job.
    Normally, you have a pretty easy time getting to work, even when there is heavy traffic, because there are plenty of lanes to chose from... Sure you might get slight delays every now and then, but it clears up pretty fast.

Now one day, you are stopped by a massive traffic jam cause by road-ragers who all decided to have themselves, their family and freinds go into town at the same time as you have to get to work... The roads are pretty much clogged up, and you aren't getting no where.

Now either the police (network-admins) find a way to clear to road up, but stopping the cars by the road-ragers slamming them into a lane for themselves, or the ragers just get bored and leave.

That's the most common type of DDoS... Simply spamming the line to the servers, that can be resolved by blocking out the IP's or simply waiting for the DDoS to be over.
    The only real damage is usually economic and in rare instances hardware failiure (when the affected systems ususally havn't been maintained.

Hacking

Hacking is something entirely different. Especially if it's the "black-hat" variant (white hats usually use their skills to help companies improve their security and expose weaknesses)

Imagine a burglar breaking into your house... He might sniff around your drawers, find some money, maybe some jewelery to sell... He takes your TV and gaming consoles or worse: Your PC.

Or maybe he finds your personal papers, writes down your info and uses it for identity theft... He might even take your extra key, so he can get in again without leaving a trace.

Or he breaks into a banks office and steals information on their customers and their accounts (yea yea yea... digital age and all.. Imagine we are in 1980).

This is one of the more severe cases... The thief in essense has done damage that isn't immediately detectable, but right here and now, theres repairs and clean up... Then later, people start losing their identity, their money... heck, theres been cases where people have seen thieves like this sell off cars and houses.

um, reading failure on your part...

I was talking about the earthquake