What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kazons: please don't be big players in X2

Comments

• Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    you dont speak for me. and i want the kazon in the game because its canon, because it happened and for the lulz on everyone elses reaction. always wanted a kazon raider and hopefully the chance to be a playable kazon one day :D

Do you realize that EVERY kazon ship is a re-used model of other species??? they are canon yes, but it is the most dumb and hated race of the entire franchise. And i am not speaking for myself.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    On that poll that Cryptic released a while ago, the Kazon were rated as 3-rd in a selection of 8 (or was it 9) species. Only the Krenim and the Vaadwaur (I believe they were second) were rated better than the Kazon.
    So there's that.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Also lets remember the information from yesterday, its pretty obvious that Seska's son is the one causing trouble, and he's half Cardassian.

Also remember that while they might be weak, so is a wolf on its own. But a pack of them working together can still be a threat if they overwhelm you with sheer numbers. Its called 'bug bitting'.
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Do you realize that EVERY kazon ship is a re-used model of other species??? they are canon yes, but it is the most dumb and hated race of the entire franchise. And i am not speaking for myself.

eh? reused? you got proof of this claim because it looks like your arguing something against the kazon for the hell of it. if thats just the case you may as well end your prattling as im not interested in a pointless debate.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Kazon is my least favorite in all of Trek. Maybe I even hate them, didn't watch those episodes more than a couple times for sure.

In Delta Rising there should be some sort of species cleansing of the Kazon. Showing the horrors of genocide and how many can turn a blind eye to it. In the end there would be almost no Kazon left in game, and thus little dev time spent on them. But a good Roddenberry style morality play would have taken place.
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rgzarcher wrote: »
    Also lets remember the information from yesterday, its pretty obvious that Seska's son is the one causing trouble, and he's half Cardassian.

Also remember that while they might be weak, so is a wolf on its own. But a pack of them working together can still be a threat if they overwhelm you with sheer numbers. Its called 'bug bitting'.

I would also suspect that, although Seska tried to capture Voyager because it was the quickest way to give the Kazon technology from the Alpha quadrant (and she had Maj Kula demanding immediate success), she was a skilled engineer as well as a spy and probably had plans to develop Alpha quadrant weapons using what she already knew about Cardassian and Federation technology.

Maybe her son found those technical plans/schematics that Seska left behind and used them to develop more powerful weapons and shields over the last 30 years. Something like that would give him the leverage to take over after his father ... and that would explain why the Kazon aren't as easy to defeat when we return to the Delta quadrant.

Remember, the Hirogen were equally disconnected "packs" that barely retained a sense on unified culture when Voyager encountered them. Still, once they had the blueprints to build holodecks they created entire holodeck-equipped space stations and holodeck-equipped warships in less than THREE years.

If a disjointed pack of hunters who never saw a holodeck before can use blueprints to engineer multiple complex stations and ships using holodeck technology in 3 years then I'm sure the Kazon can develop better weapons and shields in 30 years using blueprints that Seska left behind.

Of course, this is just speculation until DR goes live.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Kazon have awesome looking ships.

And are a more meaningful antagonist than the Voth.

I hope they're very integral to Delta Rising.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Borg refuse to assimilate them.

The Kazon are trash mobs.
    rgzarcher wrote: »

I've solo'd Borg Red Alerts.

Bring on the ****ing wolf pack, I needed a new rug for my trophy room.
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Reading this thread is making my brain cells die. Why is everyone so scared that the Kazons will be the new baddie? Does no one read the dev blogs. I am not even going to explain because I am getting a brain cell transfusion right now.

"It's like talking to a Klingon!"
    - Zek, frustrated with Krax
  • Options
    solidshatnersolidshatner Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I fully expect the Kazon to be big players with the new content. Voyager is what everyone voted for, so Voyager is what we'll get. IMO Voyager was the dumbest of ALL Trek (even the old animated series) for sooo many reasons. All plots revolved around convenience, Tuvix, warp 10 lizard babies, Borg singing 'You Are My Sunshine', tight resources but plenty enough to waste on a Flash Gordon ripoff and garage for Toms' car, infinite torpedoes, space Connect Four with stupid annoying Wyldman (actually WORSE than Wesley Crusher), the Borg Partridge Family (Icheb n gang) and Q Jr ... god, the Kazon are the LEAST of my worries. I'm holding my breath for an emergency command hologram doff so i can explore its humanity and looks like the Doctor ... or as I like to call him, Dr. Data McCoy.

Not bitter though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I fully expect the Kazon to be big players with the new content. Voyager is what everyone voted for, so Voyager is what we'll get. IMO Voyager was the dumbest of ALL Trek (even the old animated series) for sooo many reasons. All plots revolved around convenience, Tuvix, warp 10 lizard babies, Borg singing 'You Are My Sunshine', tight resources but plenty enough to waste on a Flash Gordon ripoff and garage for Toms' car, infinite torpedoes, space Connect Four with stupid annoying Wyldman (actually WORSE than Wesley Crusher), the Borg Partridge Family (Icheb n gang) and Q Jr ... god, the Kazon are the LEAST of my worries.

No worse than Space TRIBBLE, Space Romans, Greek Gods, Space Amoebas, Space Whales, Child Guinan, Rumpelstilskin, Space Hippies, Q Sr, The Baseball Card of Doom, Back to the Future IV: Quark's Bogus Journey, and Space Cows.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    No worse than Space TRIBBLE, Space Romans, Greek Gods, Space Amoebas, Space Whales, Child Guinan, Rumpelstilskin, Space Hippies, Q Sr, The Baseball Card of Doom, Back to the Future IV: Quark's Bogus Journey, and Space Cows.

At least most of what you mentioned had an original point to make on either a social or human condition. IMO Voyager did not. In other words, yes ... as far as I'm concerned, it was MUCH worse. At least TOS Animated gave us the original holodeck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    endorfinatorendorfinator Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I look forward to vaporizing them with my new T6 warbird. Target practice:cool:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    At least most of what you mentioned had an original point to make on either a social or human condition. IMO Voyager did not.

I bet you look more closely or in this case stretch it, those other points prove something similar.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I always LOL'd at the fact the Khazon were all like "How do you make water (a VERY common substance) from thin air...even though we have FLT-capable ships?!?!?"

Ghetto Klinks with Dreadlocks indeed!
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I bet you look more closely or in this case stretch it, those other points prove something similar.

Oh I'm sure you're right, but space TRIBBLE, romans, hippies were ORIGINAL and thought provoking at the time. IMO Voyager failed at this epically. Everything was a rehash of things already done.

Again, the Kazon are the least of my concerns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd rather find another red truck floating in space ("The '37s") than see Kazon showing up in X2.

But alas there are no red trucks showing up in the X2 blog posts. Just the Kazon images from the Star Trek Las Vega$ (STLV) event.

Damn. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't think it will be the Kazon. I think they will be more minor. As the big threat listed in the blog can get past the planetary defenses like no big deal. I don't see the Kazon doing that. Also the Kazon blog still told they are still not a big threat unless in numbers.

I think they will be a story line with them. But not the major player.

Here is the blog telling about it.

The rise of a mysterious fleet is causing them, and all the species of the Delta Quadrant, reason to be concerned. This fleet attacks without warning, slipping past planetary defense grids and destroying defending ships with ease. Rumors say several of the powers of the Delta Quadrant have already fallen to these foes, and Admiral Tuvok and U.S.S. Voyager have been dispatched to the area to learn more.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007893-voyager%27s-journey
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All plots revolved around convenience, Tuvix, warp 10 lizard babies, Borg singing 'You Are My Sunshine', tight resources but plenty enough to waste on a Flash Gordon ripoff and garage for Toms' car, infinite torpedoes, space Connect Four with stupid annoying Wyldman (actually WORSE than Wesley Crusher)

ROFL!

But there's so many players waiting on Cryptic to add:

Warp 10 Lizard Baby Non-Combat Pet
    Tuvix Bridge Officer
    Captain Proton Off-Duty Outfits, with Accessories
    Kadis-Kot Mini-Game (will tick off everyone waiting on Poker)
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I personally enjoyed the Kazon, but I will say that like most of the Voyager series, there was a lot of wasted potential. Those saying the Krenim should be good bad guys, remember in the end they weren't much of a threat.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    I personally enjoyed the Kazon, but I will say that like most of the Voyager series, there was a lot of wasted potential. Those saying the Krenim should be good bad guys, remember in the end they weren't much of a threat.

The Krenim are a complete mystery. All we know about the Krenim in this timeline is a 10 second communication between Janeway and some Krenim officer. Therefore, they could be an ally or an enemy.

Making the Vaadwaur into the mysterious enemy would be almost as bad as making the Kazon a major threat. They have a ton of problems that they need to overcome before being a major threat.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    eagledraco wrote: »
    ROFL!

Tuvix Bridge Officer

OMG that would be soo funny if I wasn't in utter terror of it being plausible. Next season, I think it would be more interesting to get some better concieved closure on Sisko or Gul Dukat. Maybe get a couple new Cardassian (Dominion hybrid) ships. Maybe a Breen update/addition/revamp. I dunno, maybe instead of another mirror conflict, maybe break out the concept of Section 31 going rogue like the Tail Shiar or Obsidian Order did. The idea of Section 31 ships intrigue me after seeing The Vengeance. I guess I'm burned out on Voyager stuff - especially the idea of Kazon and the Okampa (New Q 2.0 or whatever the hell happened to Kes) and we haven't even played the new content yet. As someone said earlier, there is a reason these species went away - they didn't work, and the show writers were the first to admit it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    eagledraco wrote: »
    ROFL!

Tuvix Bridge Officer

great now I do want those... :mad: except tuvix.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014

For the record the space TRIBBLE were because it was specifically put in place as a cultural clone by an earth historian. (One that missed a few points but a historian.)
    Greek gods last of his kind of an advanced space faring race that was once worshipped as gods by the men of earth.

(I won't defend the space romans or space fried eggs though.)

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    qunlar2020qunlar2020 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Klingons breaking free of the Hurgh strongely mirrors the Kazon and the Haakonians. A uniting factor like Sesca's Son could get them building possably advancing technologically. He still would not get very far condidering his age of 37-40 years old prime of life for power leader in a militant society, but would have only held leadership for 17 years at most.

The Iconians could be backing them with help from the undine. Reuniting sesca's sun with Tuvok or Kim could be a cenimatic moment. We will have to see. For all we know the Ocampa, Telaxans, and Kazon may be the doffs and are willing to help when we arrive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    feiqa wrote: »
    For the record the space TRIBBLE were because it was specifically put in place as a cultural clone by an earth historian. (One that missed a few points but a historian.)
    Greek gods last of his kind of an advanced space faring race that was once worshipped as gods by the men of earth.

(I won't defend the space romans or space fried eggs though.)

I forget Space Americans vs Space Chinese.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I forget Space Americans vs Space Chinese.

And Miri's world which is mysteriously an exact copy of Earth but without any explanation as to why.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    And Miri's world which is mysteriously an exact copy of Earth but without any explanation as to why.

Ill forgive it. The story is about 47 years old now and the writer wanted to make a social statement about a fountain of youth by introducing the original concept of a parallel world. Remember the key points here - it was original and written about 47 years ago.

Here are a few things I CANT forgive ... lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHboxuzOeDg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]