Install Arc
Options

can we please get bank ec caps removed?

2»

Comments

• Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited August 2014
    although having an EC limit might seem pointless to us players there must be a good reason for it you would think, I am sure that the devs put it there for a good reason even if we don't know what that is.
    if you are a gold player I am assuming you should have an EC limit of 1 billion EC per character and I would assume you also have a 1 billion EC in your account bank, im not sure if this is how it works but this is what im guessing, if you have 3 characters in play this will give you a total limit of 4billion.
    the thing I would be asking myself is why do I need all this EC ?, are you just saving it for the sake of it or are you planning on at some time in the future spending it on some stuff ?.
    also are you that desperate for bank spaces that you need to sell all these ships perhaps if you have not maxed out your bank spaces you could buy some more if you need more room.
    perhaps you would be better off just selling 2 or 3 ships and keeping the rest to sell at a later time.
    I cant see the devs ever removing the cap so really all we can do is find the best way to work within its limits, if this means hanging onto stuff we really don't want or even just discarding stuff and loosing their value then that's just the way it is.

your account bank only holds 500m

but the ec cap isnt an issue, just make more chars. you dont need to do the tutorial, just skip it.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    daqhegh wrote: »
    And you're complaining ......because???

Really... Sympathy = 0
    OP, feel free to contact me and I'll gladly have one of my alts take your money! ;)
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Also, there is no point is selling the lock box ships because they will NOT be obsolete. They keep saying that and no one listens.

So this conversation is baseless.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited August 2014
    Also, there is no point is selling the lock box ships because they will NOT be obsolete. They keep saying that and no one listens.

So this conversation is baseless.

+1 keep the lockbox ships.. they will only increase in value..

its the lobi ships that stay the same price.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    valastsarranvalastsarran Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2014
    Since all these ships you have stored up are all considered obsolete ...and no one will purchase obsolete stuff from the exchange ...why not do us both a favor and send your "junk" lockbox ships my way?

I collect other people's obsolete stuff, it's a hobby of mine.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,080 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Hate to say it but... veiled Doom thread?

T6 ships aren't replacing our T5 and Fleet ships. At best, they have a gimmick that makes them T6, just like Fleet can be considered 5.5. Lockbox ships will still be viable. Its a major source of income for Cryptic. They're not going to destroy that.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A solution could be to just divide every value ingame by 100 (round where necessary). There is barely any item ingame that's valued below 100 EC anways, so they might as well cut the last two digits.

Wouldn't have any impact on anyone else other than getting used to lower numbers, the select few with big enough bank accounts could get a higher cap, plus it'd have a positive influence on game perfomance.

dont you think that players would create like merry hell when one day they have eg 2000000 in there account and the next they have 20000?
    then how can you convince other players that the last time they sold one of those LB keys they listed it for 1.5 million but now they can only list it for 15,000.
    I`m afraid it would never work they way you imagine it would.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've got 999,999,999 problems but a billion aint one.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why do I hear the OP, speaking with Garry Oldman's voice? I'm suddenly getting a mental image of Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg.

I live for the day, when the rest of us are just playing with our free ships and 100K max spent on gear ... and it''s finally down to the last two Exchange Gougers, buying and selling to each other, because they are the only ones who can afford the stupid prices ... I'm playing a violin for you ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Depends on how you look at it.

If they are just slightly worse than any of the new ships, they will become obsolete in the eyes of a lot of people, just like the old level 40 ships did, even though you can still complete 100% of the current endgame content with them. Consoles are another prime example: armour, particle gens, graviton emitters, rcs etc... all dropped tremendously in price when the embassy and the mine hit and we suddenly had access to just slightly better consoles, even though the old X, XI, XIIs weren't really obsolete.

So in the end, his concern is valid.
  • Options
    ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you are not willing to help cryptic get richer by purchasing another character slot, why should they help you get richer in game?
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Depends on how you look at it.

If they are just slightly worse than any of the new ships, they will become obsolete in the eyes of a lot of people, just like the old level 40 ships did, even though you can still complete 100% of the current endgame content with them. Consoles are another prime example: armour, particle gens, graviton emitters, rcs etc... all dropped tremendously in price when the embassy and the mine hit and we suddenly had access to just slightly better consoles, even though the old X, XI, XIIs weren't really obsolete.

So in the end, his concern is valid.

Of course you will be able to play 100% of endgame content with T5 ships. So, in my eyes there will be no problem.

It's just a matter of "keeping up with the Jones" and bragging rights. With T6, some are worried about working on the size of their e-peen all over again. Which is ridiculous.

People really need to look up the word "obsolete". And no, I'm not talking about you specifically. I'm talking in general.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dabelgrave wrote: »
    There is a rumor that keys will eventually be bound to account. Apparently they did it in Neverwinter already.

Ewwwww, that could be a really bad idea on this game, as keys being purchased to sell for EC's, is probably a high money maker for Cryptic.

Making them account bound, would completely bottom out the market, for those who purchase keys for this reason alone, now don't get me wrong people will still buy them for personal use, but a large amount of key purchasing will become obsolete if they were account bound only.

That is of course provided, that the people who bought them to be sold for EC's, doesn't actually just buy them to open boxes themselves, in hopes of the goods to be sold in place of keys alone.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cidjack wrote: »
    I would not recommend that, according to the players in thetradingchannel, the current keys will be obsolete.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. And I've heard a lot of dumb.

Please, do tell why they think that.

EDIT: Ahha, the possibility of account bound keys like in NW. Well, the difference here is that we have an economy, unlike NW (which completely broke down and collapsed 6 months or so ago) and making keys account bound would devastate ours here.

Cryptic can't be that stupid...can they?
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Save your ships and sell them for when you need EC, problem over. It's no different than if you turned it in now to EC.

You will get it regardless.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ewwwww, that could be a really bad idea on this game, as keys being purchased to sell for EC's, is probably a high money maker for Cryptic.

Making them account bound, would completely bottom out the market, for those who purchase keys for this reason alone, now don't get me wrong people will still buy them for personal use, but a large amount of key purchasing will become obsolete if they were account bound only.

That is of course provided, that the people who bought them to be sold for EC's, doesn't actually just buy them to open boxes themselves, in hopes of the goods to be sold in place of keys alone.

The difference is Neverwinter keys still have Zen value - unlike STO keys, which do not. So they were never become bind to account in STO.
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    keys keys keys, what is this obsession with the f**king keys ????buy up fleet modules instead, at between 8 to 10 mil each you can have a more valuable asset this way.( of course if you want to store ec in fleet modules buy up the most expensive 1's 1st)

*****peace*****

Hail Ba'al
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What do you ever plan on spending all this EC on??? Fleets of bug ships and Bulwarks?
    Just thinking that at this point you probably have more EC than you could ever need.
    As for removing the EC cap there has to be some kind of limit in any game as far as I know.
    You COULD get a trusted friend to sell these items for you, Ive known people do it before and I have done this myself for players who have maxed their cap and had people do it for me before I bought the cap increase.
    But seriously there is very little in game that should be an issue for you to buy with EC aside from zen purchases so why not spend out on a few toon slots?
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Save your ships and sell them for when you need EC, problem over. It's no different than if you turned it in now to EC.

You will get it regardless.

Because the person wants to Capitalize, on the possible EC's they could get now, and not later with possibility of depreciation, but still not a justifiable reason for lifting the cap.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!