test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Respond to Subordinate's Challenge *Issue Verified*

Comments

• qurghqurgh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm having this issue too, on my character qurgh@qurgh.
  • sthraxpwesthraxpwe Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I also have this issue on an alt: Grog@Sthrax
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Different missions but the same issue, KDF missions simply not resolving.

Hssinn@Lockup and Kala@Lockup
  • phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hey, the mission completed! Thanks a lot.

I assume the hotfix causes all the missions to queue up and then complete once the character logs in?
  • letishyaletishya Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes, it solved for me too, glad that happened and thank you very much.
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hello, I still have this issue post today's (8/7/14) patch. Please see the screenshot below.

http://i.imgur.com/aqEyiZj.jpg

Molia@Malkarris

EDIT to add
    Lorha@Malkarris

All this patch seems to have done is slow down the rate at which assignments are registered as completed. Before assignments would complete when I logged into the character. Now it takes several seconds per assignment to complete. And it does it one at a time, so if I have 20 missions queued up, it takes about a minute for all of them to finish being completed. Hopefully this will go away.

On the other hand, you manged to fix Respond to Subordinate's Challenge on some of my characters.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • thecegorachthecegorach Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    malkarris wrote: »
    Hello, I still have this issue post today's (8/7/14) patch. Please see the screenshot below.

http://i.imgur.com/aqEyiZj.jpg

Molia@Malkarris

EDIT to add
    Lorha@Malkarris

All this patch seems to have done is slow down the rate at which assignments are registered as completed. Before assignments would complete when I logged into the character. Now it takes several seconds per assignment to complete. And it does it one at a time, so if I have 20 missions queued up, it takes about a minute for all of them to finish being completed. Hopefully this will go away.

On the other hand, you manged to fix Respond to Subordinate's Challenge on some of my characters.

This happened to me, as well, after the patch--Subordinate mission still stuck, delayed completions.

I noted I *did* have a Sick Bay mission in the list of completed missions (which wasn't there before), so I completed that. The Subordinate mission remained stuck, but about a minute or so later, it resolved, and I got a new Sick Bay mission immediately thereafter. It completed after another minute or so, and now all appears to be well again.

Do you have a completed Sick Bay mission you haven't yet cleared?

Edit: I now have a Sick Bay mission stuck on my Fed character (who previously had no stuck missions); timer is currently at -56h and counting. I've waited a few minutes to account for the possibility of the delay seen earlier with mission resolution, but it's still stuck. Character: Auron Sorfi@TheCegorach.

Edit: Returned to character selection, logged back in; Sick Bay mission that was stuck cleared soon after. 'Twould seem that the delay in resolution of missions at login is perhaps an extra check for stuck missions being performed.
  • gorndolfgorndolf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Setta@Gorndolf is the toon and this is still bugged for me and is now close to 20 days past completion and now to top it off all doff missions including R&D act like they are on the verge of bugging out also not only are they going past due but taking up to 5 and 10 minutes past time to complete at times. Can you just abort the mission for us that are still affected plz that want it? This glitch has cost me a ton in resources for it takes up a slot and a good duty officer I would like it to be completed or aborted or although unlikely how about a common R&D reward pack (random) for each day it has been and will be past completion?

Respond to subordinates challenge finally completed for me it only took 8 hours of game play/switching toons and 5 breaks from game to watch anime. Glad it finally completed but really not liking the past completion on every doff mission after log on and during game play so most of the above is still an issue.
    edited August 2014
    Oh no, it seems I spoke too soon. Now a TON of my missions aren't completing, including my second stab at subordinate challenging.

http://imgur.com/a/CVdOj
  • dvirbldvirbl Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i too still have the mission 'respond to subordinate challenge' still stuck after the patch on my romulan character
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    THANK YOU dev's, for finally fixing this bug! Apparently yesterday's maintenance included the bug fix, because the mission finally completed when I logged in this morning... :D
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • dvirbldvirbl Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thank you for fixing this.
    apprantly when you complete the sickbay mission a new sickbay pops up and after that the mission is completed
  • vyconis81vyconis81 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    After I cleared the Sick Bay doff stuff, it cleared.

Now I have a Sick Bay doff mission that is continuing the negative count of the "Respond to Subordinate".

Character: Kem'targh@vyconis81

EDIT: Never mind. The Sick Bay mission just cleared. 12:31 PM EST
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Okay, today both of the ones that were stuck finally solved themselves, after I waited a minute or two. Now the only issue is that it takes a few minutes for the missions to complete. I'll put my comments about that in the other thread.

Too anyone with this issue still, try waiting like five minutes with the window open, that might help.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • reekaroreekaro Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thank you for fixing this assignment, it cleared when I logged in yesterday.
    edited August 2014
    Not only do I still have 17 stuck doff assignments, I also have 3 stuck research assignments

http://i.imgur.com/NIQ2Ia7.png
  • leechesssleechesss Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This assignment managed to finish once. But now it's stuck again. But the new staggered-completion-fix now causes ALL my assigments to be stuck in line after this one.

Bug is not resolved at all, only made far far worse.
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not only is this mission stuck in limbo for me, but it is affecting other doff missions now, I have 8 missions total counting more negative time, Ticket 2635482.

P.S. I also have not been able to see my tickets for well over a year, it would be nice if that was ever fixed.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    seannewboy wrote: »
    Not only is this mission stuck in limbo for me, but it is affecting other doff missions now, I have 8 missions total counting more negative time, Ticket 2635482.

P.S. I also have not been able to see my tickets for well over a year, it would be nice if that was ever fixed.

Tickets cant be seen in game any more u need to look at the support section of the forum it would be better if it let u know in ur forum messages but that has been a thought thats crossed the dev witness minds:eek:
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • trilljinxtrilljinx Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Mine is now on about 575 hours past completion, and still is not finished.

I think I had a Sickbay assignment last night when I checked, but due to the new and improved doff system lag, I didn't hand any of them in (I was only on briefly before bed).

Edit: So, checking the patch notes from last week, I see this problem is supposed to be resolved.

Well, it isn't. Now I've been waiting for this to be fixed for over three weeks now. Can I have three weeks worth the reward for the mission? It was a twenty hour mission, so all you'd need to do is multiply the rewards by about 30.
    edited August 2014
    Not only do I still have 17 stuck doff assignments, I also have 3 stuck research assignments

http://i.imgur.com/NIQ2Ia7.png

Update: I am now up to 18 stuck doff assignments.
    edited August 2014
    Mine looked like that when I logged in last night, but they all completed over about a minute apart from my Subordinate's Challenge.
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    HELLO CAPTAIN! PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FOR "TIPS ON WRITING BUG REPORTS". THANKS!

Where is the thread where we give PW tips to on how to properly QA/QC a product and how to keep its users informed? That seem to be the greater need.
    edited August 2014
    trilljinx wrote: »
    Mine looked like that when I logged in last night, but they all completed over about a minute apart from my Subordinate's Challenge.

It does that for all my other characters (has negative duration, which over the course of a minute gradually complete).

For that guy, though, those 18 don't ever complete. I can even start new doff missions, which mostly complete. The stuck ones remain stuck, though.
    edited August 2014
    Is there any progress whatsoever regarding this gamebreaking bug?

My KDF character has all doff assignmentslots stuck (and no, this is *not* a matter of "wait a while, it takes a few seconds for them to complete"), and all R&D slots stuck. All of them at a negative duration. This renders the character effectively unplayable.

I know it's an utopia, but this in my book would be a perfect time for reimbursing paying customers...
  • nymysys1nymysys1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I had the "Respond to Subordinates Challenge" counting up problem on two KDF characters before the last patch. The last patch fixed those two missions. However, I now have one of those KDF with 7 different missions counting up, and all 5 of my research projects stuck on finishing. All of these missions were set on 9 Aug, issue discovered and ticket submitted on 10 Aug, as of last night still going.
  • nymysys1nymysys1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    leechesss wrote: »
    Is there any progress whatsoever regarding this gamebreaking bug?

My KDF character has all doff assignmentslots stuck (and no, this is *not* a matter of "wait a while, it takes a few seconds for them to complete"), and all R&D slots stuck. All of them at a negative duration. This renders the character effectively unplayable.

I know it's an utopia, but this in my book would be a perfect time for reimbursing paying customers...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18506001&postcount=5
    edited August 2014
    Thank you, nymysys1. Please note the postdates of the acknowledgement by crypticfrost and my post. I don't think it's unwarranted to ask for an update on a bug that stops me from playing entirely.
    edited August 2014
    At -584 hours, this mission finally completed for me last night.

Thank you devs.
    edited August 2014
    trilljinx wrote: »
    At -584 hours, this mission finally completed for me last night.

Thank you devs.

That puts your assignment from before the fake-fix-patch. Warning: do *not* pick up the mission ever again, it will get stuck again and with a vengeance.