test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Respond to Subordinate's Challenge *Issue Verified*

spiritmuse1spiritmuse1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I'm in the mission Second Wave and have Va'Kel Shon's Doff assignments running. Two of them are done and completed, but the third is stuck on "Finishing" and won't actually finish.

I've had this before, and from what I've read from other people as well I think the problem is that one of the other assignments went wrong and ended up with someone in sickbay (plus one fatality, thanks for that Shon), and it's as if the assignment is waiting for the Sickbay "assignment" to finish before it'll actually pop. Which, of course, takes 20 hours.

Annoyingly, these assignments also have quite a long cooldown so I can't easily cancel and restart.

So, yay.
Post edited by spiritmuse1 on

Comments

• trilljinxtrilljinx Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Mission: Respond to Subordinate's Challenge

This mission is stuck in my In Progress tab. As I write this, it is almost 10 and a half hours past the time of completion. I have tried relogging both on the Change Character option and logging out entirely. The mission cannot be aborted.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you resolve it?
  • sevtoriansevtorian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Same assignment is giving me the same problem, with me the it's now between 16 ands 17 hours past the finish point.
    I've ade an in-game ticket about it, hoping to see it resolved.

Attached to the minimap, you'll see a question mark for support.
    Click that, select "report a bug", maybe searching for mine lets you add yours (then you'd find it by searching for "duty", "officer", "assignment", "subordinate") or you can make your own ticket under the appropriate category (I picked "other" as I wasn't certain if any of the other categories actually matched the issue).

Edit:
    Well, wanted to add to my ticket that it was happening to multiple toons, went looking for my ticket and.... it's gone, vanished, dissapeared - either that, or something's royally buggered with the ticket UI so it isn't showing any tickets at all.
    I'm leaning to the latter as it indeed doesn't show any results on any search terms for me...
  • puupypowerpuupypower Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have two characters with "Respond to Subordinate's Challenge" assignment stuck on "Finishing" going on three days now. That pretty much always ends with the doff in sickbay, though of course they have long since completed recovery. Seems like a related bug to me.
  • ghorir1ghorir1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have the same problem with the same assignment...
  • slvfoxulfslvfoxulf Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've had Respond to Subordinate's Challenge stuck for 66 hours now.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Damn that sucks.

I'm glad I opt not to do those missions when they pop up.
    edited July 2014
    Glad to see it's not just me.

I also put in a bug report about this assignment, and the ticket had disappeared when I checked it just a few minutes ago. I also logged it under 'Other', using pretty much the same title as this thread.

This mission is now over 2 days, 7 hours overdue to complete.

Devs or Mods, what is happening please?
  • comic1996comic1996 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You should start a collem in the tech fourm they could help you there.
    edited July 2014
    I've got Respond to Subordinate's Challenge stuck too. On around 2 and a half days waiting for it to finish.

I submitted an ingame bug report on it, but the ticket vanished.

If it is related to the Sickbay assignments, could it also be related to the very rare mission 'Confined to Quarters' as I also have that running.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    Can I get the name@handles of the affected characters please?
    STO QA Team
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I stopped doing that mission a long time ago. All I can think of is that the listed completion time (30 minutes?) is incorrect because every time I ran it I would check later and see that -n hours to completion.
  • puupypowerpuupypower Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Taheth@puupypower
    Glorpo@puupypower
    edited July 2014
    Rhek'khae@bort1980

So, how come our bug report tickets disappeared?
  • kalfonkalfon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have a character stuck on the Respond to Subordante challange as well. Mine is at -130 hours at the moment.

Karoh@banluil
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kalfon wrote: »
    I have a character stuck on the Respond to Subordante challange as well. Mine is at -130 hours at the moment.

Karoh@banluil
    Similar for me, dont know the hours, but same mission, S'aihsa Budht@seannewboy.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • nymysys1nymysys1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have two KDF characters with a similar issue; they have had "Respond to a Subordinate's Challenge" working in reverse i.e. the timer is counting up instead of counting down. These missions were ongoing when 9.5 went live. When I attempt to abort them, I get the message" Failed to cancel assignment "Respond to Subordinate's Challenge"".

Viridis@Nymysys
    K'Malsrak@Nymysys
    edited July 2014
    With the reminder about submitting bug reports in big yellow text across the top of this thread, I would still like to know why our bug reports disappeared.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    The issue has been verified and sent on to be fixed. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Uncommon doff assignment "Respond to Subordinate's Challenge" is having problems resolving. My KDF-allied Reman has this sitting in her doff assignment list, with -49h remaining on the timer. Attempting to abort the assignment results in a "Failed to cancel assignment" error.
  • crazyivannzcrazyivannz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I also have this same problem on my lvl 44 Romulan character Soclar

I have an Uncommon, Romulan female Security Officer Doff called Selona on this assignment
    Have been waiting for a duty officer assignment to expire but the count keeps on going. At the moment the count is at almost -114hrs and i can not abort the mission. It says that the mission is finishing at the moment.

It is taking up one of my assignment slots so was wondering if it could be ended or removed. Thank you
  • blackwyvernblackwyvern Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am also having this problem on my KDF Romulan. At the time of writing this it at -81hrs and counting.
  • riccarl0riccarl0 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Same problem here , same mission and already 50 and more hours beyond completion .
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Same issue here, same assignment.
    Dollenn@captainoblivous

timer is at -66hrs already lol.
    I need a beer.

• michaelbluntmichaelblunt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Same issue here, stuck @ Respond to subordinates challenge for 45hrs now.

Mee'haa@michaelblunt
  • asabruasabru Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Same here. I have a Liberated Borg Science KDF Romulan. Mine is sitting at around -137 hours.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thread title edited and added to master bug list.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• echodarksidedechodarksided Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Still a problem on holodeck.

Semtuk@Darksided
    Dr. Vawl@Darksided

Any ETA on the fix yet?
    edited July 2014
    Any kind of update as to when we'll be getting our DOff mission slot back?
  • griffansgriffans Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have the same problem

Holodeck
    handles:

Alpha@griffans
    Umat'Aklan@griffans