What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 9 Dev Blog #30: Odyssey Uniforms

Comments

• Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Still no word on why Romulans got singled out in a FLEET update??

not even the 200 day vet reward....yeah that should entice people to buy the lifetime membership:confused:
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bunansa wrote: »
    not even the 200 day vet reward....

Romulans never had a fleet uniform so it's not surprising they didn't get anything for that. But the 200-day vet thing is actually kind of a good point... Do the new vet jackets replace the old ones, or will new 200 day vets unlock both? If so, why didn't Romulans get a second jacket to balance things out?
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Romulans never had a fleet uniform so it's not surprising they didn't get anything for that. But the 200-day vet thing is actually kind of a good point... Do the new vet jackets replace the old ones, or will new 200 day vets unlock both? If so, why didn't Romulans get a second jacket to balance things out?
    [...]we wanted to make this uniform piece available to players as well and felt it would be a good compliment to the existing 200 day Veteran’s costume pieces.

So you will have two Vet uniforms for FED and two for KDF.

And for official Captain variant, those withe shoulders look too much as Voyager Racing Suit
  • Options
    nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    akiranc wrote: »
    With this change, are you (the Devs) also going to update our SHIP INTERIORS?........those mindless fools need to match the rest of the fleet too.

AFAIK all Starfleet NPCs will be getting Odyssey, unless they have a specific uniform for other reasons (Drake's Section 31 uniform, TOS bridge crew, etc).
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • Options
    roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mhall85 wrote: »
    Yeah Devs... how 'bout some Romulan love with the new uniforms. Tal Shiar uniforms are a good place to start!!!

I agree...give us the rest of the pieces for the Tal Shiar uniforms....but in place of that I wouldbe overjoyed if they released the nemesis romulan uniforms.

But for my fed and kdf I am excited to get the new versions of the odyssey and bortasque uniforms. Very nice indeed. Thanks!
  • Options
    roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    teshultz wrote: »
    If I remember my navy days correctly a uniform piece should have least 2 functions and making you look good is not one of them.

That is good because no one looks good in white bell bottoms and a cape. LOL
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    To make that update really work I think we need an Open jacket variant of them odysee uniform. and may be one with rolled up sleeves....

Ps. Oh and my be one Mirror universe like for females.

If those are going to become the main uniform (which I really like) there should be as many variants as possible to cover all situations..
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    teshultz wrote: »
    If I remember my navy days correctly a uniform piece should have least 2 functions and making you look good is not one of them.

"Give me two armies. One to look good in front of the cameras and politicians. And the other to actually go to war with."

No inspection-ready unit has ever passed combat, and no combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    To make that update really work I think we need an Open jacket variant of them odysee uniform. and may be one with rolled up sleeves....

Ps. Oh and my be one Mirror universe like for females.

If those are going to become the main uniform (which I really like) there should be as many variants as possible to cover all situations..

O'Brien sleeves would be great. :)
  • Options
    undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think there needs to be a variant for station crew as opposed to shipboard crew. I think that was the original idea for when DS9 first aired. Like Kurlands Jupiter uniform might be good on all DS9, K7, and ESD staff. Or at least a standard color variant of the regular odyssey unis.

Also, I think Cryptic should go all the way with these uniforms, we need the open ones (with and without undershirt option), a mirror variant, maybe a work jumpsuit, and a MACO variant with matching commbadge.
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i think shon should go back to his old uniform, that white collar and shoulder color look overpowers the red stripe and black lower half.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have to agree with others that Odyssey would be a great candidate for variants including the open jacket (with/without undershirt), mirror, etc.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    [quote=bunansa;17905551]still No Word On Why Romulans Got Singled Out In A Fleet Update??

Not Even The 200 Day Vet Reward....yeah That Should Entice People To Buy The Lifetime Membership:confused
    :[/quote]

romulans Should Have Choice Of The Federation Or Klingon Uniforms Depending On Which Side They Belong Too !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,424 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    derrico1 wrote: »
    romulans Should Have Choice Of The Federation Or Klingon Uniforms Depending On Which Side They Belong Too !!!!!!!!

Good thing that they do. :rolleyes:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,525 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think the STO costume artists have been borrowing the new fleet uniform idea from the QMx Facebook page. That post was from back on May 17th 2014 and the picture is from Dallas Comicon 2014.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    semper8semper8 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would like to point out that on the fleet star base only a few NPC are wearing thr new uniforms the other and mpst that are walking around still have the old uniform on. Other wise tho I do love this idea keep up the good work guys!
  • Options
    quixoticlancequixoticlance Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    New costume options? Always cool. Free costume options? Even more cool.

And they're nice looking too!

That said...they aren't quite how I'd like to see my crew.

While I appreciate that the devs *really* like their vision of Trek, and that it's not a bad vision of Trek, it might not be everyone's vision of Trek?

Without meaning to complain about a nice, new and free uniform...maybe something where we could set the standard uniforms for NPCs on our own ships would be cool?

Just in case, you know, we don't all see Trek the way you do. ;)

Again, great costume idea and thanks for giving 'em away!
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    New costume options? Always cool. Free costume options? Even more cool.

And they're nice looking too!

That said...they aren't quite how I'd like to see my crew.

While I appreciate that the devs *really* like their vision of Trek, and that it's not a bad vision of Trek, it might not be everyone's vision of Trek?

Without meaning to complain about a nice, new and free uniform...maybe something where we could set the standard uniforms for NPCs on our own ships would be cool?

Just in case, you know, we don't all see Trek the way you do. ;)

Again, great costume idea and thanks for giving 'em away!

I agree I wear a DS9/MU variant with bits from all Eras and so does my Bridge Crew I think the Doffs on the ship should wear the same uniform as the bridge crew and also my ship which is also a Mu ship should have a MU bridge with or without a agony booth
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dkratasco wrote: »
    So you will have two Vet uniforms for FED and two for KDF.

Well now I'm just even more confused why Romulans didn't get a second vet uniform. Not getting a fleet uniform in a fleet uniform update makes sense because they had nothing to update, but if the KDF/Fed veterans are getting an extra goody, Roms should get one, too.
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thomas Marrone has very kindly put up the colour guides for the Odyssey tactical uniform and Odyssey dress uniform on his Twitter account!

You'll find the Odyssey tactical uniform colour guide here: https://twitter.com/Cryptic_TtC/status/487768647268446208/photo/1

and the Odyssey dress uniform colour guide here: https://twitter.com/Cryptic_TtC/status/487768526459924480/photo/1

Can't wait for these babies to be released in to game so I can put these guides to very good use! Thank you Thomas! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Superb!

Cheers.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kazabok wrote: »
    Superb!

Cheers.

Looking good, huh? And from what Thomas has said over on twitter, we can expect a guide for the Odyssey medical uniform! :D
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    timelord79 wrote: »
    The Hologram is not the problem... it's the mobile emitter technology, which IS 29th century tech, that might very well be beyond the Romulan's abilty to reverse engineer. So they buy the emitter with hardcoded photonic matrixes elsewhere.

So they can get their hands on the top secret ship Prometheus. They can do ships with integrated Borg technology. They can make the most superior cloaking technology. But they can't hack a holographic emitter to change the appearance of the hologram? But the Klingons can? Looking at how many times the Doctor changed his own appearance on the show, that part must be easy as pie. And thus it makes no sense that the Romulans wouldn't be able to make their own. In fact limiting the appearance of this hologram like they have done is silly. Holograms should be as easy to change as any BOff. Easier in fact. And they should have access to all species and parts available in the game as well. After all, it's only rearranging a few photons.
  • Options
    jeepfujeepfu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Upper Bortasqu' E19, E15, F7, A10.
    Shoulders and collar E15, A10.
    Wrists E19, E15, A10.

Belt E19, A10
    Lower (pants) E19, E15, F7, A10.
    Lower (skirt) E19, E15, F7, A10.
    Feet E19, E15, F7, A10.

For Tribble Bortasqu' Warrior, my Tribble KDF doesn't have Fleet versions...
    Wow! Thanks!
  • Options
    mrfrisbymrfrisby Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    With the update to the uniforms will you be updating the crew uniforms on the ship when you visit the bridge of your ship ?

:)
  • Options
    quixoticlancequixoticlance Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mrfrisby wrote: »
    With the update to the uniforms will you be updating the crew uniforms on the ship when you visit the bridge of your ship ?

Yeah. This.

Thank you soooooo much for the new uniforms! Sincerely!

When will be allowed to select/determine/mandate/dictate the uniforms of our crewmen?

I have a whole side thinger regarding the ability to beam in generic NPC's from every disciplnie instead of just tactical NPCs and BOFFs...but I'll let it go.

For now.

*practices patience*
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    All the shipboard crew are now wearing Ody over on Tribble. So we should get it on Holodeck soon.
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yreodred wrote: »
    Lol, when i read "Odyssey" in the thread title, i briefly hoped they'd finally release some new ship parts for the Federations Flagship. :)

I'd love to hear that news, but I don't count on it
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mrfrisby wrote: »

From what I saw on Tribble , Already happened
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kazabok wrote: »
    All the shipboard crew are now wearing Ody over on Tribble. So we should get it on Holodeck soon.

Excellent! I look forward to seeing that particular change getting made!