test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9 Dev Blog #30: Odyssey Uniforms

Comments

• bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    While I will most definitely be getting these, as I have the current Oddy and Bort Fleet versions for all my toons (especially that Bort Skirt, and ... hmmm ... new boots!!!) ...

I'm Still bitterly disappointed that there is no Romulan Version, and no option for Romulan's and Reman's to wear them or a variation of them. Out of all the playable races in STO, there are only two, that are not able to, and they are part of what is supposed to be an actual faction!!!

Also, apparently there is no such thing as a "Veteran" Rihannsu Captain in Star Trek Online ...
    Perhaps I've just imagined seeing all those Romulan and Reman Admirals in Veteran Only Starships ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My biggest question is does it even work for KDF side lol... Being our KHG's are still broken after almost 2 years still.
  • gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Don't make me get the costume guys to build a cowboy hat. . .

Make me a Fez while you're at it.
    Belief manifests reality
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Good Game Cryptic :D

That's good business right there.

I'll let the glow wash over me like my name is Leroy.

Update for everyone! Adding this to the blog as well.

Q: Can my cross faction Bridge Officer wear the Odyssey/Bortasqu' uniform?

A: Yes! Mr Marrone and I just confirmed it, if you have your Diplomacy/Marauding cross faction BOff, you can indeed access the uniform for their corresponding fleet.

Make sure to try this on your Fed/KDF BOffs if you have reached top tier in Diplomacy/Marauding CXP and have claimed your cross faction Bridge Officer.

Enjoy your new snazy threads everyone :)

~CaptainSmirk
    Outstanding. Finally a skirt for my Orion.

What you guys actually need to do is let us put our Diplomatic exchange officers into OUR faction's uniforms so they actually look like a part of our crew.
    abdeziel9 wrote: »
    Okay so that clarifies it - the uniforms will be free and you'll now get the variants for the dilithium purchases. I like the 'basics' and laid out all my BOFFS with it; prefering to keep the BOFF color on my Captain but now I'm going to give the white a try. I LOVE the dress uniform jacket and color scheme; in particular the nod to my favorite uniform design the Wrath of Khan styles. The color and variant bits give you some of that "Kirk from the movies" feel while retaining uniformity amongst the rank and file.

Now I see Enlisted color variants - too bad we don't really have officers to use them on! If my BOFF is a department head they get red; otherwise I've been giving them department colors and maintaining my blue/white uniform detail for Medical personnel.

Please adjust it so we can set the uniforms for our ship's crews.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    Damn if this works on the KDF Marauding Boff you've finally at least made a workaround to an over 2 years old problem.

There is an existing workaround, if you don't mind the Miner uniform.

This still offers a more Klingon style option to the Marauding Boff, though.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm a bit curious to know what hte 3.2GB pre-patch is all about. There is no mention of that and it seems a bit on the large side to just be costumes.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »

Please adjust it so we can set the uniforms for our ship's crews.

All Ship NPCs now use the Odyssey Uniforms.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm a bit curious to know what hte 3.2GB pre-patch is all about. There is no mention of that and it seems a bit on the large side to just be costumes.

The crafting update adds a lot of new images. There is other stuff as well, go check the tribble patch notes.
    edited July 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    The crafting update adds a lot of new images. There is other stuff as well, go check the tribble patch notes.

Perhaps but that incoming mess clearly isn't ready for Holodeck yet. I wasn't expecting season 9.5 until close to the end of July.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ok so a skirt and boots for KDF that don't
    A involve lobi
    B involve Spikes all over the place

/cheer

Now a very very simple request on my end.....

Romulan Nemesis Uniforms?

I know were only a fraction but sure as heck be nice to get those out to us, pretty please?
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• bryguy#1741 bryguy Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Don't make me get the costume guys to build a cowboy hat. . .

While you're at it, could you suggest baseball hats? Like they wore on Enterprise. I'm thinking instead of reading "NX-01", they could display the player's fleet logo, or a Starfleet logo.

Thank you.
    Thank you for the T6 Galaxy Class. - I support Tovan Khev. - Please bring back the exploration missions.
  • kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    While you're at it, could you suggest baseball hats? Like they wore on Enterprise. I'm thinking instead of reading "NX-01", they could display the player's fleet logo, or a Starfleet logo.

Thank you.

A collection of fleet logo gear would be nice, defaulting to the Starfleet arrowhead/chevron for those not in fleets.

T-Shirts, Hats and so on, for off duty officers.

Scarves for the Winter Event, Swimwear for the Summer.
    edited July 2014

Thank you.

Cowboy and Baseball hats would be awesome! I am also looking forward to seeing the fixes to the Trill spot patterns once they hit Holodeck.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is a good thing. :)

I am very impressed with finally getting my characters into these updated uniforms. Once 9.5 comes out.

+1 to Cryptic

I see though that a default color scheme was posted in the blog for the Odyssey set. What are the standard colors for the Bortasqu?

The colors on the image appear to be black with silver trim... I just want to make sure I get the colors right when making the costumes for my KDF characters.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    I wonder how bad Mr. Marrone is getting bullied by the rest of the STO dev team for having the only blog for Season 9.5 people didn't start a riot over, let alone actually enjoyed.

We don't tend to bully others, we sob quietly to ourselves.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2014

That's good to know. Not the sobbing quietly part -- that part I wish did not happen.

But that Mr. the Cat isn't getting hazed by his co-workers because of the positive response for his dev blog in comparison to others for Season 9.5.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I just envisioned a cubicle surrounded by people about to have a stroke from laughing so hard pointing fingers at the would be blog author rofl.

Although my experience is to wait till it hits the game and see if it actually works because in most case stuff doesn't work until its been out a few years as a KDF player.
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    If we start talking about hats please add these https://startrekreview.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/320x2401.jpg Picard whould approve
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would so have my character wear that if available. :D
    If we start talking about hats please add these https://startrekreview.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/320x2401.jpg Picard whould approve

Yes! I love fedoras. It should be added to the formal wear costume pack. I might pick it up then.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am just jumping in on this, and if it's been answered, just point me to the post...
    The Odyssey uniform will be freely available to all Federation characters.
    The pieces included are the Odyssey short jacket, pants, shoes and the previously unreleased Odyssey belt.
    The Odyssey uniform will be the default uniform for all new Federation characters and Bridge Officers.
    Two new Odyssey uniform sets will be sold by the Federation Fleet tailor at the same stage in Fleet progression as the original Odyssey uniforms. The "Odyssey Tactical" and the "Odyssey Dress" uniform. Each new set will be available at half the price of the original Odyssey unlock.
    If you have previously purchased the “Odyssey Basics” unlock from your fleet’s tailor, you will find these options are free of charge at your fleet tailor.

If my fleet has not yet gotten to the proper level, but I received an invitation and purchased the uniform, how will I receive the updates? Will I have to get another invite to another fleet? Or will the new options automatically show up in my tailor?

Thanks in advance for your polite replies!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wonderful blog, I suppose it was worth the wait, haha. I'd also like to see some color codes for the Bortasqu' uniform...don't think I'll wear that, I still think my warriors look best in the movie/TNG-inspired default gear, but it'd be nice being able to match the flagship's crew.
    edited July 2014

Speaking of sobbing....

Taco sir, can we Romulans find out why we didn't get anything for this update?

I mean I love the fact KDF got a lot of needed love.....

but it was a golden moment for the Nemesis Uniform to be released for us (hell even as a cstore version)

Considering the Oddy uniform is from the ODDY debut and Bort is from the BORT debut....(since our flagship is sadly the reman scimitar) we could have rolled that as the standard outfit for us Romulans???

please please? btw yes I do have an actual thread about this in the Romulan section, but I saw Taco speaking here....

• iusassetiusasset Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Those WoK style dress uniforms are baller. All of the kudos.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    +1 for welcoming a new uniform and standardizing.

It would be nice if our Boffs had a two-uniform set up so that default was this uniform (Bort uniform for KDF) which can be customized. The other is whatever the player wanted to use (within limits... No bikinis) that a player can switch to just like on our Captains. This way a player can put a Boff in a uniform for ground ops or non-uniform for a place like Nimbus. :D
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I had seen some of these through the Tailor on Tribble. I'm particularly pleased with additional KDF costume options. It's the kind of moving forward I can feel comfortable with. More choices are always good. It's especially nice that the free costumes available for setting Fleet Uniforms can reflect more easily the broader game if that is what a fleet wants to do. As has always been the case with STO, those who still prefer costumes other than Odyssey or Bortasqu can select those instead.

I would ask if those blog images could be linked to a higher resolution version?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Update for everyone! Adding this to the blog as well.

Q: Can my cross faction Bridge Officer wear the Odyssey/Bortasqu' uniform?

A: Yes! Mr Marrone and I just confirmed it, if you have your Diplomacy/Marauding cross faction BOff, you can indeed access the uniform for their corresponding fleet.

Make sure to try this on your Fed/KDF BOffs if you have reached top tier in Diplomacy/Marauding CXP and have claimed your cross faction Bridge Officer.

Enjoy your new snazy threads everyone :)

~CaptainSmirk

Is this in a coming patch? Because I just looked on my KDF Marauding officer and nada
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
    edited July 2014
    rtk142 wrote: »
    Is this in a coming patch? Because I just looked on my KDF Marauding officer and nada

Yes....season 9.5

:cool:

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jake477 wrote: »

- We are in a special position and some of us Commanders (Captains) what their crew to well looks similar so if your a Romulan maybe a special perk to have all your other non Republic boffs to wear the same thing as your Romulan....give other players reason to join the Republic its silly to have some with Romulan gear and others without them and they live on a warbird so yeah it would look odd to have your bridge crew with half Fed have Rom gear on.

Actually, my Fed - Rom has a very large and diverse bridge crew with many Romulans, Remans, Humans, Andorians, Klingons, Vulcans, Trills, etc. and an Orion Diplomacy Boff. My Fleet just got to the Tier 3 Spire and I found that the Dyson uniform goes on every one of them including the Diplomacy Boff. First time I got a pretty consistent uniform for all.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I was going through the tailor and I just thought: Will there be an open version of the Odyssey Uniform?
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."