test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9 Dev Blog #30: Odyssey Uniforms

Comments

• rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Other way round - your Fed's Gorn can wear the new Bortasqu uniform, and your KDF can dress her Andorian in the Odessey Uniform.

This works for me I can have my KDF Human BOFF in something other than the stuck default
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rmxiii wrote: »
    This works for me I can have my KDF Human BOFF in something other than the stuck default

Point! :D

/10chars
    I need a beer.

• cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    i bet a round of blood wine that you cant change the look KDF marauder boff when this goes live i've played since F2P came out and you cant change there looks.

Well, it works on Tribble for at least one person earlier in the thread - you could copy your character to Tribble, see if it works for you. I don't have either Boffs, I'm just repeating their result.
  • sythkainynsythkainyn Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    One of the few updates to make me sort of pleased. Especially with the new KDF basic uniform, finally a non-spike laden pair of boots, and they even look like they're nice looking.
    I would have liked a skirt option for the Odyssey uniforms, but oh well. My medical department will just have to stick with nurses uniforms.
    I was going to throw in some unreasonable comment about how the KDF get 3 new (dilithium costing fleet tier requiring...) uniforms while the Feds only get 2, but really the KDF don't have enough uniform options, so I'm happy they're getting a bit more this time. Even if they aren't of much use to my fleetless KDF chars.

If you've actually resolved the problem of not being able to customize KDF Marauding IV officers, I'll actually be close to happy (something no game update has been able to claim so far) since I would finally have a use for my poor KDF cross faction officers. Even better that I'd actually have some costume options for them, since currently (when the no-custom bug is on 'you can select but not 'purchase' the changes) it seems they have a very minor selection of off-duty wear available...
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    Might as well retcon the sierra uniforms out in favor of the Odyssey uniforms, since all new players will only see the Odyssey uniform from 2409 on. Kinda like the old ESD.

You leave my Sierra and Antares sets alone! Especially the boots... although why don't I have male versions of the boots? It's because of those bulky and combat boots isn't it...
    x3of9 wrote: »
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Don't make me get the costume guys to build a cowboy hat. . .

You say this as if it were a threat.

I would buy hats on the C-Store!

I would use hats if they didn't muck up or remove the hair of my chars. The biggest reason I don't like the hats, hoods, and helms in other games is that they stupidly muck up or flat out remove my character's hair.
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Outstanding. Finally a skirt for my Orion.

What you guys actually need to do is let us put our Diplomatic exchange officers into OUR faction's uniforms so they actually look like a part of our crew.

Please adjust it so we can set the uniforms for our ship's crews.

The first just makes it finally hard for me to decide if my female Orion crew should wear the Orion bikinis... the rest of this quote sound like nice ideas I could go for. Especially the one where we could make our own crew uniforms.

No. Bad Pegasus-pony, no carrot. We do not want to encourage DOOP like efficiency.

And although I like the addition of uniforms, and love the no-spike boots, and will be so pleased if I can finally customize my Marauding reward officers... this isn't going to distract us from the 'crafting improvement'...
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sythkainyn wrote: »

You leave my Sierra and Antares sets alone! Especially the boots... although why don't I have male versions of the boots? It's because of those bulky and combat boots isn't it...

This. Those tops are actually rather good if used with the right trousers and coloured correctly.
    If anything, I'd love to see a switch which let us switch the NPCs in the game from the oddy to the old sierra stuff.
    I need a beer.

• ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    enoemg wrote: »

Also, can Federation players PLEASE have access to the Bortasqu' Uniform for our Diplomacy Tier IV reward Bridge Officer? I'm out of ideas for a decent uniform without those pieces.

Well, as much as I disagree on that point... Worf & K'ehleyr DID wear traditional Klingon attire
    when it was required. A Klingon is a Klingon is a Klingon. They never forget who they are and where they are from. Qapla'!

:cool:

kirksplat wrote: »

that fed logo belt is uber tacky on the last pic. No tacky belt buckles in the future, please.

Hey, hey, hey! I payed $200 for that belt! JUST.THE.BELT! It was worth the money. I may now die happily. >:[ Don't insult my tacky investment!
  • cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    well this is nice, but some people have goten it from the fleet starbase aww well a shame
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cers001 wrote: »
    well this is nice, but some people have goten it from the fleet starbase aww well a shame

Those people get the Tactical and Dress Uniforms unlocked for free.
  • jeepfujeepfu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    First off, thanks for the free uniforms! I know all my characters will be using them!

Second off, thanks for the Odyssey Uniform Specifications, now I don't have to worry about matching it up to the official layout!

Third, could we please get the official Uniform Specifications for the Bortasqu' Uniforms as well? Thanks!
  • serevnserevn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Finally, your actually put the full uniforms in. Hallelujah.
    edited July 2014
    drreverend wrote: »
    Those people get the Tactical and Dress Uniforms unlocked for free.

Yep - buy a Fleet uniform now, and you technically get 3 (4 for KDF) uniforms for the price of one.

jeepfu wrote: »
    Third, could we please get the official Uniform Specifications for the Bortasqu' Uniforms as well? Thanks!

Klingons don't have an official uniform specification, they have always left it to personal choice.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ehm, I'm confused. Some people have reported they can change their marauder boff appearance. Sadly, I still can't.

Despite what Smirk posted, I'm trying to change my Andorian's appearance on Tribble without successs. No option other than the shirt is showing.

Whatever change I try to do ends up with 'invalid parts' in the end and no change is saved.

EDIT: Diplomacy Orion on my FED wears the BortasQu' uniform without problem though.

EDIT 2: This is all that shows on my Marauder boff. And purchasing of that random colored outfit let to 'invalid parts' and no revert to original look.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    edited July 2014
    Yep - buy a Fleet uniform now, and you technically get 3 (4 for KDF) uniforms for the price of one.

Klingons don't have an official uniform specification, they have always left it to personal choice.

The new Fleet uniforms will cost together the same as the one right now.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.

edited July 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    The new Fleet uniforms will cost together the same as the one right now.

And if you buy it now, you get the new fleet ones available for free - hence 3 for the price of one. One usable right now, and 2 to come in a few weeks.

Also, if you cant get your Andorian to work, you could flag it up in a bug ticket.
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Fleet Uniform updates that the Romulan "fraction" has no ability with using,

We should have been allowed to make our own fleets and starbases from the start,

we didn't even get a 200 day update like the kdf and fed did. Oh well back to drinking ale....
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

edited July 2014
    And if you buy it now, you get the new fleet ones available for free - hence 3 for the price of one. One usable right now, and 2 to come in a few weeks.

Also, if you cant get your Andorian to work, you could flag it up in a bug ticket.

I meant to say each of the future Odyssey variants is said to cost half of current Odyssey and each of the future BortasQu' variants will cost a third of the current BortasQu'. Therefore, even if you wait after 9.5 comes, getting all Fleet versions won't cost you more. And you'll be able to pick among the new ones if you don't want them all for cheaper.

And guess I'll have to bug report my Marauder Boff. Was so hoping this would solve the problem. :(

• sythkainynsythkainyn Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There is an existing workaround, if you don't mind the Miner uniform.

This still offers a more Klingon style option to the Marauding Boff, though.

That requires you to HAVE the miner outfit from a fleet mine that's been raised high enough to have unlocked it. Also... wearing a certain uniform to allow face/body customization isn't much of a 'workaround'. If you just have to 'own' another uniform they can wear then maybe the use of the Odyssey uniforms will 'fix' it...

I personally don't have a miner outfit unlocked on any of my characters, especially my KDF ones, so I can't confirm this works or how. I've just seen posts saying it can be done in a couple of places on the forum after the release of fleet mines with a tailor unlock.
  • kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The miner outfit worked for me, I was able to customise my marauding boff with it.
  • jeepfujeepfu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    True, I'd still love to see the uniform color layout for the new uniforms though. :D
    edited July 2014
    jeepfu wrote: »
    True, I'd still love to see the uniform color layout for the new uniforms though. :D

Upper Bortasqu' E19, E15, F7, A10.
    Shoulders and collar E15, A10.
    Wrists E19, E15, A10.

Belt E19, A10
    Lower (pants) E19, E15, F7, A10.
    Lower (skirt) E19, E15, F7, A10.
    Feet E19, E15, F7, A10.

For Tribble Bortasqu' Warrior, my Tribble KDF doesn't have Fleet versions...
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Other way round - your Fed's Gorn can wear the new Bortasqu uniform, and your KDF can dress her Andorian in the Odessey Uniform.

Lame. :( I wanna put my Gorn in Starfleet colors. Right now I'm having to cobble something together using the Jem'hadar pants and Spire jacket (and maybe they just don't make Starfleet uniforms in extra-extra-extra-extra-extra-extra-extra large).
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    psiameese wrote: »
    I would ask if those blog images could be linked to a higher resolution version?
    If it helps, you can right click on the image and select "open/show image" to get the raw one. Still a bit low res, but at least it's not blurry.
    reximuz wrote: »
    Great news if you are a member of a Faction. Not so great if you are a member of a Fraction.
    Romulans have a uniform. It's the pre-ally uniform. There's also Tal'Shiar, if you count that.
    robeasom wrote: »
    Yeah as usual KDF gets left by the way side on a bright note we have a new unifrom what is that now 3
    Left by the wayside? You must not have read the same blog bost we did. Sure it's only three uniforms, but that's 50% more than we had before. Plus, if you count the variants, that's 4 more. That just more than doubled the KDF uniform count. Be happy we got anything.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Still no "open shirt" unlock for the Odyssey uniform?

I'm starting to wonder why I even bothered to purchase the open uniform variant, if it only applies to a few select uniforms.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
    edited July 2014
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    Romulans have a uniform. It's the pre-ally uniform. There's also Tal'Shiar, if you count that.

The tal'shiar that is missing pieces??? nope don't count that specially since I really shouldn't be in that uniform if im in the REPUBLIC and not with Sela and the Crazies

The simple fact is we weren't even a considered group of players since there was even a 200 day vet reward redo

I waited 3 years for a Romulan Faction, guess ill wait another 3 years before we finally are remembered about (powerboards recently?)

On a side note im still very glad that KDF got more options finally, they needed it, my orion is happy to not have spikey boots or sandals as a foot option,

but the glaring issue is that this was a FLEET upgrade, I guess we Romulans shouldn't put forth anymore effort into fleet stuff since we cant wear those uniforms either.

edited July 2014
    bunansa wrote: »

but the glaring issue is that this was a FLEET upgrade, I guess we Romulans shouldn't put forth anymore effort into fleet stuff since we cant wear those uniforms either.

No, everyone gets the current Fleet uniforms available for free - previous people who bought the Fleet Uniform are just being compensated with uniforms of equal value. Roms gain them for their Allied Boffs, with a cheaper than normal option to unlock the new Fleet uniforms for their allied Boffs, so Roms aren't being completely forgotten.
  • antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Fantastic stuff!

It would be great if we could have uniform slots for our boffs though, so we can easily change them between two different ones depending on the mission (eg between the officer uniform and the tactical one).
  • aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So when the hell are Romulans going to get Uniforms of there Own, we use to be able to purchase them, but you took them away and made it to where if we changed anything on that preset that we'd loose that outfit. An to top it off we don't get any kind of compensation from buying it, then loosing it.
    edited July 2014
    IM just going to stop dumping fleet marks, dilithium, commodities, doffs into my fleet projects since im not part of the fleet afterall....

or maybe im just overreacting to the situation :P

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bunansa wrote: »
    or maybe im just overreacting to the situation

We got a winner, ladies and gentleromulans.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bridgern wrote: »
    I am not a big fan of the Odyssey Uniform, but the Bortasqu uniforms is not that bad, but instead of the skirt, I would have love to see something more "elegant" like this.

Lursa and B'etor uniform +1

And Nemesis (Enterprise) uniform for my romulan http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/bonus_nem/misc/romulans3.jpg