Install Arc
Options

Season 9 Dev Blog #30: Odyssey Uniforms

Comments

• Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bridgern wrote: »
    I am not a big fan of the Odyssey Uniform, but the Bortasqu uniforms is not that bad, but instead of the skirt, I would have love to see something more "elegant" like this.

Lursa and B'etor uniform +1

And Nemesis (Enterprise) uniform for my romulan http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/bonus_nem/misc/romulans3.jpg
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We have authorized all starship and station commanders to begin replication and distribution of this uniform among their crews effective immediately.

A sincere plea. Don't write such stuff if you don't mean it. I just deleted all fleet presets to find out that its immediately nothing :(
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    antzudan wrote: »
    Fantastic stuff!

It would be great if we could have uniform slots for our boffs though, so we can easily change them between two different ones depending on the mission (eg between the officer uniform and the tactical one).

And this, definitely.
  • Options
    roguepaladinroguepaladin Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I love this!! Though honestly, I personally find for the "Officer Duty Uniform" upper colour scheme, H22 is a bit dark and a little on the brown side for my taste; I'd go with an H10 or an H9, really.
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Did you look at the fleet tailor? The update (which is a part of 9.5, they state that explicity in the blog) isn't automatic, if you've purchased the old fleet uniforms you have to go back to pick up the new variants (free but you do need access.)

No I didn't go to the fleet tailor, I thought it was talking about the old uniforms. I'll try and find a fleet that can help, thanks
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    pwefail wrote: »
    Any chance of a button in the tailor ui "match captains uniform and colours" ?

This is essentially what the 'uniform only' option used to do when you chose to load a saved uniform. But they broke it at some point so even when you select that it loads facial traits from the save instead of just the uniform... Really hope they fix that at some point because I loved that option.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is essentially what the 'uniform only' option used to do when you chose to load a saved uniform. But they broke it at some point so even when you select that it loads facial traits from the save instead of just the uniform... Really hope they fix that at some point because I loved that option.
    Exactly! It works fine with all the free uniforms, but it's broken on the unlocked ones: Jupiter, Odyssey, etc. Plus half the time it doesn't even load the uniform if it's an unlocked uniform. Fix this and I will be a happy camper.

It also loads the facial features if you load a uniform with a higher rank than your boff's rank--i.e., if you saved a costume with Rear Admiral pips, it freaks out if you try to apply the costume to a commander boff.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As far as the Romulans being updated, a lot of the improvements that have been made have been bringing the Federation and Klingon Empire up to the excellent quality that the Romulans started out with. Though the lack of 200 day Vet reward is confusing, as is the lack of a Romulan Allied Fleet uniform variant. Perhaps something sleeker something closer to the Starfleet side of a Romulan Starfleet hybrid, and something more rugged for a KDF Romulan hybrid (though I really like the Kllingon Romulan uniforms right now that's tough).
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    All Ship NPCs now use the Odyssey Uniforms.

I would prefer them to be uniformly in Jupiter uniforms myself. Or adjust the color schemes.
    bunansa wrote: »
    Ok so a skirt and boots for KDF that don't
    A involve lobi
    B involve Spikes all over the place

/cheer
    Yay

Now a very very simple request on my end.....

Romulan Nemesis Uniforms?

I know were only a fraction but sure as heck be nice to get those out to us, pretty please?

Actually yes, the Nemesis uniforms definitely need to be there.
    ruinsfate wrote: »
    Speaking of new skirt options, any chance of Roms getting some more? They have all of ONE free skirt option currently. The one on the Fed/KDF choice screen would be nice to have.

What free skirt? I thought the only skirt was a veteran reward.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yay we finally get the full Bortaqu uniform shown in the fleet star base :)

Does the female one also come with the gold fancy necklace shown on the star base Bortasque uniform mannequin?
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bunansa wrote: »
    IM just going to stop dumping fleet marks, dilithium, commodities, doffs into my fleet projects since im not part of the fleet afterall....
    Nah, keep dumping marks, commodities, and doffs. I dump commodities and doffs into random people's fleets where I'm not really a member all the time, just to get rid of them....what the hell would I want a bunch of white doffs for anyway?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So is the 'Museum Quality' Limited of Time Project going to receive an update or are we going to ignore that it is supposed to be in some sort of chronological order?
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • Options
    niblit1981niblit1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This uniform as always looked really sharp and clean. I like it. It's also great that you are offering something to those of us that already bought it. However, are there any plans to make amends to people that spent marks, dil, and resources on rep store "stores" only to have them free unlocks with the rep system revamp?

Is there any talk of bringing back armor visuals? Or perhaps an "away team" costume option for doffs? I like to armor up when I'm going into combat and with armor visuals gone, my poor doffs are running around unprotected!
  • Options
    teshultzteshultz Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    enoemg wrote: »
    I am absolutely in love with the new variants for both the Odyssey and Bortasqu' sets. Hats off to the costume designer that has given us these masterpieces.

However, I'd really like to have another option for the Odyssey Tactical Uniform pants. I'd much prefer "loose knee-high" pants with a similar style. I really want to use this extra-armored version of the uniform, but I'd rather not see my away team running around in tights. I'm not saying you should get rid of it, but another option would be nice.

Also, can Federation players PLEASE have access to the Bortasqu' Uniform for our Diplomacy Tier IV reward Bridge Officer? I'm out of ideas for a decent uniform without those pieces.

If I remember my navy days correctly a uniform piece should have least 2 functions and making you look good is not one of them.
  • Options
    wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Cryptic,

I was really excited to see that the C-Store will be getting new uniforms, both for the Federation and Klingons! I have to say the Odyssey Uniform is slick!:) The Klingon uniform is pretty impressive, in it's own right, but, I've never been drawn to the Klingon uniforms.

That said, one large disappointment with these new uniforms I have, is that there is no Romulan uniform release.:( I primarily play with Romulan toons on my account (18 out of 21), which are all part of the KDF faction, until such time STO may (hopefully, please, please, please with sugar on top:D) releases a stand alone Romulan faction. That said, although I prefer the KDF alliance for my Romulan toons in both STO gameplay, and potential RP storyline, the toons only wear Romulan uniforms, or universal bought uniforms, such as the Dyson Sphere Uniform, as I dislike the Klingon uniform style in general. With that in mind, 18 of 21 toons, feel dejected, with no new uniform option.
  • Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    23 pages so this might have been asked.

But does the Photonic Science Officers get this uniform update? I didn't like that we couldn't change their uniforms to match everyone else on the ship.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    But does the Photonic Science Officers get this uniform update? I didn't like that we couldn't change their uniforms to match everyone else on the ship.
    I strongly support this idea - especially for the KDF Photonic, which looks like a generic KDF warrior with a holo effect.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Lol, when i read "Odyssey" in the thread title, i briefly hoped they'd finally release some new ship parts for the Federations Flagship. :)
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    I strongly support this idea - especially for the KDF Photonic, which looks like a generic KDF warrior with a holo effect.

And I'd like my Romulans to have one that looked Romulan or even Reman. To have a human or as Ferrengi say HOOOOO-man or a KDF hologram seems like Romulans are too stupid to create a hologram of their own. lol
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And I'd like my Romulans to have one that looked Romulan or even Reman. To have a human or as Ferrengi say HOOOOO-man or a KDF hologram seems like Romulans are too stupid to create a hologram of their own. lol

The Hologram is not the problem... it's the mobile emitter technology, which IS 29th century tech, that might very well be beyond the Romulan's abilty to reverse engineer. So they buy the emitter with hardcoded photonic matrixes elsewhere.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    wayofdera wrote: »
    Cryptic,

I was really excited to see that the C-Store will be getting new uniforms, both for the Federation and Klingons! I have to say the Odyssey Uniform is slick!:) The Klingon uniform is pretty impressive, in it's own right, but, I've never been drawn to the Klingon uniforms.

That said, one large disappointment with these new uniforms I have, is that there is no Romulan uniform release.:( I primarily play with Romulan toons on my account (18 out of 21), which are all part of the KDF faction, until such time STO may (hopefully, please, please, please with sugar on top:D) releases a stand alone Romulan faction. That said, although I prefer the KDF alliance for my Romulan toons in both STO gameplay, and potential RP storyline, the toons only wear Romulan uniforms, or universal bought uniforms, such as the Dyson Sphere Uniform, as I dislike the Klingon uniform style in general. With that in mind, 18 of 21 toons, feel dejected, with no new uniform option.

It's not C-Store.

It's Fleet Tailor.

And the basic Odyssey uniforms are going to be absolutely free.

You see the basic Odyssey Uniforms are from the Fleet Tailor. They're updating the Uniforms of all of Starfleet to the old Fleet Tailor uniform standard. Therefore they're giving them to us all for free. The Fleet Tailor Uniform is getting a brand new version of the Odyssey for people who have that unlock. The same thing is happening on the Klingon side.

But nothing in this update is going to be C-Store.

If your fleet isn't tier 3 with the tailor unlocked, you can get an invite to someone else's to buy the uniform.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    There's a global channel just for invites too. NOP something something. I will go in game and find it if nobody posts the actual channel name in the next few minutes.

Cost to unlock is 16k dilithium and 8k fleet credits I think.

Edit: channel name is NoP Public Service that you can ask for invites on.

Edit 2: My KDF toon costs that much but my fed one only had to pay half of that. So price may change.
    _____

• Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Or the Reman, Breen, and Jem'Hadar reward officers (from the featured episodes)...
    Or the Borg science officer (from Omega), or Nelan Exil.

Wait... why are there no special reward engineering officers?
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    Or the Reman, Breen, and Jem'Hadar reward officers (from the featured episodes)...
    Or the Borg science officer (from Omega), or Nelan Exil.

Wait... why are there no special reward engineering officers?

Amazon Borg BO that's now in the store. Female one is engineer. And the Android you pick which one you want for the vet reward can be engineer.
    _____

• Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Great that everyone is getting more outfit choices - particularly welcome for the KDF who finally get a "free" skirt option (albeit a desperately non-Klingon looking one but hey...)

Still, testing on Tribble this unfortunately does not seem to help the Marauder BOff bug - so whatever is in the Hirogen and Mining outfits that works around the issue, clearly does not exist in the Bortas' uniform.

C'mon Cryptic... you've got two workarounds without even trying, surely a fix can't be that hard?
  • Options
    thore187thore187 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thank You very much for including the color codes!!!:)

Signed,
    The Colorblind.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »

What free skirt? I thought the only skirt was a veteran reward.

Maybe he means the civilian skirt (that's the single free Romulan skirt afaik - which kinda irks me).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    niblit1981niblit1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Will open jacket versions also be made available that also includes a style similar to the command style turtle neck?
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Amazon Borg BO that's now in the store. Female one is engineer. And the Android you pick which one you want for the vet reward can be engineer.

True. In fact I get them as engineers because they're the only special eng officers. What I meant was there's no free option like the featured episode rewards.

Although they can both be fully customized (the android on my rom char looks romulan).
    toiva wrote: »
    Maybe he means the civilian skirt (that's the single free Romulan skirt afaik - which kinda irks me).

The next skirt option is the republic formal skirt, which is a 200 day vet reward (and my favorite). Which, aside from the sub, is free (meaning no lobi/c-store unlock). I know, not really free.

EDIT: This one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6otjsm5im8on28/screenshot_2013-10-07-22-45-19.jpg
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options
    akirancakiranc Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    With this change, are you (the Devs) also going to update our SHIP INTERIORS?........those mindless fools need to match the rest of the fleet too.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    akiranc wrote: »
    With this change, are you (the Devs) also going to update our SHIP INTERIORS?........those mindless fools need to match the rest of the fleet too.

At one point in time there was talk of letting us pick the ship's default uniforms so we would get to decide what our crew wears walking around the ship. But that idea died pretty fast.
    _____